[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>slugma and skarmory are gen 2 pokemon What the f*ck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: slugma.jpg (42KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
slugma.jpg
42KB, 270x320px
>slugma and skarmory are gen 2 pokemon

What the f*ck?
>>
>>27232145
>one appears only in Silver and Crystal (where it doesn't appear at night), on one Route that you'll probably won't be for long other than grinding for Clair, 5% of the time
>the other one appears only on Cycling Road (in Crystal only during daytime); 5% on the edges, 35% in the middle

Awful placement, that's what.
>>
>>27232168
35% in the middle during daytime*
otherwise it's still 5%.
>>
>>27232168
>Crystal only

So how was it attainable in Silver and Gold?
>>
>>27232184
It was Day only in Crystal. It showed up at night as well in Gold and Silver.
>>
File: brady1.jpg (1MB, 2260x2176px) Image search: [Google]
brady1.jpg
1MB, 2260x2176px
>>27232145
Did you not collect TCG cards, watch the anime, play Pokemon Stadium 2 or read any strategy guides/Pokemon related book released from 2000-2002?

I mean dont get me wrong, the availability of some of the Gen 2 Pokemon in G/S/C is a fucking joke but you have to be an oblivious retard to not know they were Gen 2 Pokemon. I seem to recall Skarmory bring featured a lot Gen 2 merchandise
>>
>>27232376
Some of us had lives, anon. We don't have time to LITERALLY STUDY the pokedex 24/7.
>>
>>27232376
TCG dropped in popularity during gen 2 anon and very few people had an N64 especially if you're in Europe.

>I seem to recall Skarmory bring featured a lot Gen 2 merchandise
It wasn't.
>>
>>27232376
I did all of those and still had no idea Skarmory/Slugma were gen 2.

They were so incredibly fucking obscure I had no clue.
>>
>>27232376
>kids
>buying strategy guides
It doesn't help that any other book type deal like an annual didn't have shit about them.
>>
>>27232145
Slugma is somewhat understandable but Skarmory only really comes into question if you're playing Gold
Almost a third of the Johto dex is unavailable without trades prior to the E4
>>
>>27232376

In his defense you can't even get sluma until about halfway through the Kanto stuff. Skarmory was fairly common on the route after Blackthorn though so I don't know how they missed that
>>
>>27232376
>implying kids had money for the stratgey guides

bro those books were expensive back then and my mom sure as fuck wasn't buying me shit after she dropped money on the gameboy + game

though she did buy me the stratgey guide for ruby and sapphire, thanks, mom
>>
File: brady-fnl.jpg (139KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
brady-fnl.jpg
139KB, 640x400px
>>27232464
>>27232426
>Implying I said anything about buying
>Having poor parents
>>
>>27232497
>autistic memer
>>
>>27232497
Fine
>kids
>wanting strategy guides
Happy now? Why would any kid back then read a book about the game when they could just play the damn game?
>>
>>27232145
>not completing the Pokedex
>>
>>27232145
>this meme again
Hoennchildren disgust me.
>>
File: get a load of this wah.jpg (83KB, 522x490px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this wah.jpg
83KB, 522x490px
>>27232626
Lots of kids wanted the strategy guides, what the fuck are you on about?

Pokemon evolution requirements, item locations, how to rematch gym leaders in GCS, all that shit was contained in the strategy guide. This was before we could easily just google shit so having a bevy of information was important.

Are you underage? Here for GO? Because you clearly don't know shit about growing up as a Pokemon fan.
>>
>>27232626
Nigga what? If you had a strategy guide back then you were the coolest kid in school
>>
>>27232417
And even if it was, it could still be mistaken for a Gen III mon. Remember that Kecleon was revealed pretty early on.
>>
>>27232401
>Some of us had lives
then why are you on an anonymous pokemon board?
>>27232419
literally impossible
>>27232426
just buy any fucking pokemon magazine
>>
>>27232145
>Hoennbabies allowed on /vp/
What the f*ck?
>>
>>27232626
Everybody wanted the strategy guides because they told you what moves pokemon learned. You're a hoennbaby or sinnohshit so you don't remember, but there was a time where internet wasn't as accessible.

This whole "lmao I thought Slug,a was gen 3" is a Hoennbaby thing.
>>
>>27232168
>>one appears only in Silver and Crystal (where it doesn't appear at night), on one Route that you'll probably won't be for long other than grinding for Clair, 5% of the time
Nigger I always went for Skarmory in Crystal playthroughs. When my only other Fly options are Pidgeot and Noctowl, a steel robo-bird was by far the best choice.
>>
>Houndour only appears in Kanto
If you're gonna make a Pokemon at least showcase it in its own region
>>
ITT: people who didn't pay attention fighting Blaine
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.