[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou Puppet Dance Performance - TPDP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 14

>What is this
A Touhou fangame based on Pokemon..

>Where do I get it
Downloads are here for the base game, base translation and expansion.
https://puppet-dance-performance.blogspot.ca/2015/06/welcome-to-gensokyo.html

The translation patch for the expansion is here, only for the interface so far.
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19715.0.html

>How do I install it
Install the expansion anywhere, update it, and then patch it with the translation.
You need the base game files and a registry for it's location - which can be made naturally from installing that properly or just doing it yourself (which most people seem to have trouble doing).

You'll also need Locale Emulator - Japanese Locale will work but your numbers will display as letters, so it's recommended you get this.

https://xupefei.github.io/Locale-Emulator/

>What do I with it
Play Touhoumon! the base game is fully translated, the game is more balanced than regular Pokemon especially compared to Smogon; you can pick whatever Touhou you want as your starter, they're all balanced well so don't worry about being weak. As for the expansion you can wait with until it's translated more or just play and catch puppets. If you've not played the base game, you should probably finish it first before playing the expansion as it's not fully translated.
>>
>>>/jp/
>>
How do I beat the Human Village tournament? Eiki Shiki beat me up because she had Lost Crisis on her Komachi, and that was only round 10. Clearly genbu isn't working out, so what then? Hyper offense?
>>
you'd think these threads would be alive again now that the expansion finally has a translation
>>
>>27235661
Wait for people to come on, anon. We're still interested. I was thinking about making a thread for this myself but was leery due to Pokemon Go - it's good to see it up again anyways.

Where exactly do you find the held items in the expansion? They used to be centered on the merchant in Kasen's forest, but now they're scattered everywhere and I still can't find the Black Choker or Straw Doll.
>>
>>27235661
I was wondering where this went, guess people were waiting for the expansion to at least be partially translated before making another one?
>>
>>27233951
HO is a bad idea for the village tournament because everything and their mother is packing a Good Belt, Black Choker, or priority. You could make it work anyways but it's not going to be significantly easier than creating a competent balanced team. AkyuuE could also be a good idea due to Eternal Record shenanigans, but I'm not sure how much the AI uses Break Shot or Field Break.

The village tournament is fucking me up too, don't worry. It seems substantially harder than the Battle Frontier in most respects.
>>
>>27235847
Answered my own question, Black Choker and Straw Doll items are now found in Hell City during the postgame.
>>
>>27235847
>Where exactly do you find the held items in the expansion?
Most of them are in the Kirisame magic item shop in the Human Village (the Good items), or in the magic item shop in Old Hell (both Black Choker and Straw Dolls are there)
>>
>>27235661
There was a buttmad falseflagger shitposting in one of the /v/ Touhou threads. Coincidentally, this puppet thread (as well as another one on /v/) appeared during his autismo attack, so I can see why people would think this thread isn't genuine and be wary. Hell, that's basically my mindset right now.

Other than that, there's also an alarming number of people who don't want to play unless the story is also translated (for reasons I simply cannot fathom), so that's also a factor.
>>
File: 375983253.jpg (562KB, 945x945px)
375983253.jpg
562KB, 945x945px
Tip for farming, since the old spots don't work anymore: going to Hell by sleeping in the bed at the Sanzu River lets you battle a set of hell fairies, and by defeating Clownpiece you can talk to her and set the difficulty higher. It's more efficient than the old E4 method for leveling, because the puppets you fight are level 95.

GengetsuS at level 100 can oneshot everything in the first fight. Give her a Green Mark and Deadly Arts for a held item, dump all her PP into Speed/Focus Attack and use a moveset of Ephemeral/Evil-Crushing Arrow/Lightning Cut/Earth Sign. Works like a charm.
>>
File: japanese.png (5KB, 369x168px) Image search: [Google]
japanese.png
5KB, 369x168px
I've had some issue getting the expansion to run. I can update it just fine but the game itself refuses to run. Yes, i followed all the instructions, I have both the folders I need, everything should be fine, but when I try and start it, it gives me this message

what do?
>>
>>27237325
I'm using that Gengetsu method right now, it's rough to start out with because you still need to grind the level 70 puppets there to actually get Gengetsu high enough level to outspeed the level 95 puppets.
I found in the transitional period that using Straw Dolls for a bit more power helped, and you can heal between sessions at Junko.
>>
>>27236844
I can actually understand that. story translation helps to get from point a to point b without getting lost.

Giving it a shot regardless.
>>
>>27237447
It says it can't find the base game. From here, you have two options:

1) Follow the instructions here https://puppet-dance-performance.blogspot.com.ar/2016/04/fantasy-puppet-dance-performance-how-to.html and make sure you're doing everything properly.

2) If that still doesn't work, then you can download the base game in CD form here https://mega.co.nz/#!CwYgyDzZ!041MysrWA-f7K2Gx3mz_NyH-VbC3Zk2-BHwAfn-jGRc - just install this somewhere and it will do the registry editing for you. That will allow the expansion to find the base game and be able to run.
>>
>>27237447
are you sure the address in the ini of the base game's registry folder is right? make sure it's not between quotes or anything
>>
>>27237325

You can rematch Satori infinitely in this version of the game (and she'll copy your party every time), which might be good if somebody figured out a way to exploit the AI and get easy wins. Pretty sure it wouldn't be faster than Gengetsu in hell though.

I think I heard Extra Reimu also works for grinding in Hell?
>>
>>27237540
>>27237556

No dice, I used the mega link to make sure I had the base game installed properly but it's still giving me the message. Do the names of the folders have anything to do with it? the ini for the base game has the game folder as "Œ¶‘zlŒ`‰‰•‘"

change it to english maybe?
>>
>>27238159
use locale emulator when you run the installers
>>
>>27238187

I did that and it's still in the funky code
>>
>>27238159
Yup, either run the installer with Locale Emulator, or simply fix the INI file so that it points to the right folder.

Like, I think the gibberish is supposed to say 幻想人形演舞
>>
File: japanese2.png (2KB, 218x152px)
japanese2.png
2KB, 218x152px
>>27238187
>>27238268

okay the game runs now but I still get this message

what does this mean?
>>
>>27238394
This one I have not seen before. Are you sure the game is updated?
>>
>>27238465

Oh it wasn't at the time, but I tried to update it and it wouldn't let me
tried re-installing and it's updating now, hopefully the game runs along with it
>>
File: finished.png (279KB, 959x708px)
finished.png
279KB, 959x708px
>>27238465

alright yeah, just updated it to 1.103, the game runs, everything is good.
but I still get that message, which worries me a little. Not sure what it says but if the game runs I can't be too worried
>>
>>27238548
AFAIK, if you push Ctrl + C while an error message it gets copied, and then you can go to a translator site and paste it there to see what it says. If the game runs then it can't be too important, but who knows.
>>
File: Touhoumon #129.png (9KB, 478x319px)
Touhoumon #129.png
9KB, 478x319px
>>27230985
Can we talk about the old gba romhacks too?
>>
File: gn_enbu_ss314.png (27KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gn_enbu_ss314.png
27KB, 960x720px
Miko Snips. She unfortunately does not learn Unconscious Mind, so instead I'm using Economist with a Curing Charm to take care of status.
Both YorihimeE and KotohimeD can pull of the set too, by the way.
>>
File: 1449720696202.png (122KB, 400x350px)
1449720696202.png
122KB, 400x350px
>>27235661
i only knew this existed again because of a thread on /v/, i don't check /vp/ that often anymore
>>
>>27240903
This is the comfy thread safe from shitposting.
>>
>>27241152
I'm surprised >>27231226
was the only one.
>>
>>27230985
I played the base game few months ago. What's the deal with the extra styles in the expansion? Is it an over powered evolution above the other two or just a 3rd option?
>>
Man that first encounter with Reimu is still pretty brutal, even in the expansion
she hits almost everything in my part for SE damage, save for Futo
>>
>>27241725
It's third, radical option. As in, it really alters what the puppet is about.

It's not overpowered, though.
>>
I wish /v/ players came here.
>>
>>27241834
Oh I see, that's nice actually. Any new interesting stuff? If I remember correctly from the trailer Yukari and Hekatia got alternate forms right?
>>
>>27241948
>>27241966
good job.
>>
>>27242003
No bully.
>>
>>27241948
>>27241966
There are barely any /v/ players, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't all here already.
>>
>>27242050
>check their thread
>nothing but shitposting about not wanting to come here
o-okay
>>
>>27242101
It was fine until people started arguing with the GET OFF MY BOARD faggot
>>
>>27242316
You think they'd learn to ignore him, but they never do.

Since no one over there will answer me: what does the meta look like now?
>>
>>27237481
I am waiting for the full translation because I just beat the vanilla first time months ago, little burned out.
Yeah I was late on the train, should have waited a little longer.
>>
Also waiting full translation..
>>
Question. We didn't have any puppet threads here before the base game was fully translated, right?
>>
File: Touhoumon #32.png (18KB, 669x468px) Image search: [Google]
Touhoumon #32.png
18KB, 669x468px
>>27243352
we did have threads for the original Touhoumon Fire Red (and other games like Emerald) romhacks sometimes, which is what Puppet Play was before the original client came out last year.
Touhoumon dates back to 2009 I think.

Puppet threads existed but didn't last long seeing as how pretty much the only ones in them were people either asking for translation or the few who actually knew japanese and were playing it.
>>
I'm not able to play a full japanese game. It needs to be at least in full english because I enjoy story.
>>
>>27243448
>Puppet threads existed but didn't last long seeing as how pretty much the only ones in them were people either asking for translation or the few who actually knew japanese and were playing it.
I see. With this mind, it seems like a silly idea to try to get some traction before the expansion is also fully translated as well. I think we should wait a little bit more before trying to bring back puppet threads again.
>>
>>27243332
>>27243517
I picked it up due to how dead netplay was in the base game, and out of desire to try out the new/rebalanced puppets.

It's really not that bad. There's only one spot in the main campaign where you can get hopelessly stuck, due to the fucking fairies hiding in the bushes in the Tengu Village. The postgame can be a bit messy, but it was that way in the base game too no matter if you had a translated version or not.

And remember that New Game+ is a thing now too, so you can carry things over onto a new file if you want to experience the story when the translation is out. Just remember to pick a different starter so your waifu doesn't eat a party slot.
>>
>>27245201
>And remember that New Game+ is a thing now too, so you can carry things over onto a new file if you want to experience the story when the translation is out.
What the fuck, I have been told that wasn't possible.
>Just remember to pick a different starter so your waifu doesn't eat a party slot.
Why would I not want that?
>>
>>27245425
If you beat Mugetsu and Gengetsu in the postgame, selecting a NG+ will carry over all your puppets in boxes 21-51 when you beat the postgame again, as if you'd carried over data from the base game. But it will also allow you to carry over every puppet in your party and your previous starter at the beginning of the game. They'll be reset to level 5, but will carry over any ranks and marks they may have, and will automatically get the ability to use Dream Shards and wedding dresses if they didn't have it before.

Since your old starter is carried over no matter what, it's best to choose a different starter and keep him/her out of the party in order to get the full 8 slots at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>27245546

>boxes 21-51
that's an oddly specific set of boxes
or am I reading this wrong?
>>
>>27245604
They're the boxes unlocked at the end of the postgame. Since you can only inherit 8 puppets at the beginning of a NG+, everything within the boxes you have to begin with are wiped. Just make sure boxes 1-20 are vacant before you do a new game.

Of note, any money and items you've accumulated aren't carried over either.
>>
We are back at /VP/ and we still can't find raikoanon...
>>
Two questions.

First, what should I do while on the moon? It seems like you can't go back if you leave.
Second, can I come back to the moon at some point in the game?
>>
>>27246358
it doesn't feel the same without him
>>
File: 4364328620.jpg (377KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4364328620.jpg
377KB, 600x600px
>>27246358
>>27247829
Our mascot may not be aware of the existence of the thread. It's only been a day or so, after all.

It does feel quite lonely, doesn't it?

>>27247823
Respectively: catch puppets/collect items, and yes - for a price (talk to Reisen and buy her shady drugs to go back).
>>
>>27248082
>yes - for a price (talk to Reisen and buy her shady drugs to go back).
I actually just figured that out 10 minutes ago when I went back to face Kaguya. Thanks though.

>catch puppets/collect items
Not too worried about puppets, I caught all the puppets I wanted, but just to make sure I didn't miss anything, there were only two items on the lunar capital, right?
>>
>>27248100
>there were only two items on the lunar capital, right?

Correct.
>>
why are puppets so great?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.