[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are others, but these had no fucking justifiable EXCUSE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: rGzHQik[1].png (306KB, 1154x888px) Image search: [Google]
rGzHQik[1].png
306KB, 1154x888px
There are others, but these had no fucking justifiable EXCUSE not to be Fairy type. None.
>>
>>27227694
Mega Audino is Fairy
Victini and Celebi are fine as they are
>>
>>27227720
Celebi is literally an onion fairy.
>>
Legendary Pokemon are too important to change types but I do agree about Cherubi and Audino.
>>
>>27227720
>Mega Audino is Fairy

Practically the very definition of damage control.

>Victini and Celebi are fine as they are

Please go slap a maractus.
>>
>>27227694
Mega Audino is already a fairy. Who cares.

Also Celebi and Victini have their Psychic typing pretty firmly established.
>>
>lake trio
Do you really want more Psychic/Fairies
>>
>>27227720
I think the mega was a sick joke for how awful it was.
>>
>>27227694
What are those anime fish?
>>
>>27227856
Compared to more pure psychics?

At least Mesprit and Uxie could be decent defensively
>>
>>27227694
i'd switch Jirachi in for Victini desu. otherwise i agree. also the Chansey line
>>
>>27227694
I thought about celebi, but then again Charizard still isn't a dragon type either.
>>
File: Jirachi.jpg (4MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Jirachi.jpg
4MB, 5000x5000px
>Lake Trio
>Celebi
>Victini
>Manaphay
Ledgedaries don't get retyped. Deal with it. Also Psychic makes solid sense with the first three.
>Cherim
Why should it be a fairy? Its a gimmick plant
>Fineon line
No. Lumunion should really get Quiver Dance though.
>Audino
Just mega evolve the damn thing.

>>27227895
Why do you even care about their viability? They're just embodiments of the mind. They have little business being fairies.
>>27227930
If you think Jirachi has any association with Fairies you are immensely retarded.
>>
File: maractus eating.png (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
maractus eating.png
131KB, 800x800px
>>27227747
>slap a maractus
DO NOT!
>>
>>27228030
>If you think Jirachi has any association with Fairies you are immensely retarded

it's small, cute, floats around and grants wishes. it also has a space motif like fairy type (Moonlight, Moonblast). it's got much more of a Fairy vibe than something like the Marill line or Mawile
>>
>>27228102
I'll give you Marill, but Mawile is based on a Yokai, which could be thought of as a fairy.
>>
>>27228030
>Why do you even care about their viability?
Why do you want more shitty filler Pokemon in existence? Especially legendaries?

Why do you not want literal living legends to be decent Pokemon? Especially given how shitty Mesprit was to catch.

>they have little business being fairies
Their names are literally based off of Sprite, Elf, and PIXIE.
>>
>>27228156
>is based on a Yokai, which could be thought of as a fairy.
So could a small supernatural creature with magical powers and wing-like appendages.
>>
File: oldsaying.jpg (40KB, 375x300px) Image search: [Google]
oldsaying.jpg
40KB, 375x300px
>>27228102
>it's small, cute,
So is Torchic, that makes it Fire/Fairy worthy right?
>floats around
Levitation is associated with many things you braindead faggot
>grants wishes
Pic related. Its something a student in Pre-K would know about. How where you even raised as a child?
>>
>>27228244
>picking apart the features instead of adding them all together
I guess Tinkerbell isn't a fairy then. Flowers aren't fairies and they're prominent in forests. Magic dust is also associated with vacuum cleaners, and granting flight is something a 1st grader would know is done by airplanes.
>>
>>27228047
Hmm, I thought Maractus had more spikes....

On Jirachi: it has a psychic eye on its belly. Debate closed.
>>
>>27228287
Doom Desire, the only part of it at all which does anything in relation with that eye, is a Steel type move.
>>
Mismagius should have been retyped to ghost/fairy. The fairy type includes magic and it's a witch banshee. It needs help differentiating itself from other ghosts like Gengar.

Delcatty should have been normal/fairy too.
>>
File: 34432431.jpg (89KB, 900x664px) Image search: [Google]
34432431.jpg
89KB, 900x664px
>>27228303
That doesn't stop it from being Psychic though. Shooting stars come from outer space, many things space-associated is PSYCHIC type. It has more than enough to justify it's subtype.
>>
>>27228244
dude... you're way too mad about some anonymous person online thinking that an obscure fictional character should be labeled a way you don't think it should be. go for a walk tomorrow or something. i think you need to get out of the house
>>
>>27228369
How is Mismagius a banshee exactly? It doesn't even wail.
>>
>>27228408
Misdreavus does, so I guess it extends to its evolution. Mismagius is more about chanting incantations.
>>
File: yeah-nah.jpg (30KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
yeah-nah.jpg
30KB, 344x291px
>>27228398
>Hey man! Leave this mentally disconfigured person alone and let them stay mentally disconfigured rather than trying to open their immensely flawed mind!
>>
>>27227694
>finneon and cherrim
>fairy
Literally what?
>>
>>27228674
cherrim looks more like a fairy type than whimsicott desu
>>
>>27228378
>Pokemon from space
>fairy type

inb4 Richard
>>
File: image.jpg (238KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238KB, 960x720px
>>27227694
>thinking Lumineon would be acknowledged at all
You'll be lucky if it's in SM's regional dex at all, don't get your hopes up, I've been down that road OP
>>
>>27228738
So should they just retype anything that's small with a cute face as fairy?
>>
>>27228777
no poke needs and evo or mega more than Lumineon... it has to statistically be the most forgettable pokemon
>>
>>27228806
>it has to statistically be the most forgettable pokemon

I dunno, it's up there, but I think there are Pokemon who are even easier to forget... pic related.
>>
>>27228794
nah. they also shouldn't retype mythical creatures as fairy cause that would mean things like Lapras, Dunsparce, and anything based on Yokai or Oni would be Fairy type, which is a pretty huge chunk of Pokemon. honestly i don't think GF put much thought into what constitutes a Fairy type
>>
>>27227694
>Celebi

Yeah, it's pretty much the definition of a fairy in appearance and lore

>Cherrim, Finneon, and Lumineob

Eh, nothing there really to push it

>Lake Trio

Really annoys me they didn't get fairy since their names literally have Pixie, Sprite, and Elf in them

>Manaphy

I could see it. It is based on a sea slug also known as the Sea Angel

>Victini

Eh, it's like saying Mew should be a fairy type because it's cute and pink. Same time though, it would probably prefer fairy over that fucking Psychic secondary

>Audino

Eh, could go either way

One that baffles me some is land form Shaymin. It's the spitting image of an Arkan Sonney, also known as the lucky piggy, a kind of fairy
>>
>>27228867
They basically just needed something to nerf dragon and said "wouldn't it be hilarious if we made a bunch of pink Pokémon immune and strong against dragon types?"
>>
>>27228156
Azumarill is apparently partially based on fairy like moon rabbits, which is why it also gets huge power

Marill's entire line is a bunch of oddballs, really
>>
>>27228974
> It is based on a sea slug also known as the Sea Angel
Why are people in these kinds of threads so bad at information

It's like they half-listen to facts and then just fill in the blanks without looking anything up.

You've had since 2006 to not fuck this information up.
>>
>>27228867
To be fair they don't put much thought into what constitutes as a lot of types.

Normal has just been tacked on to things lately. Steel has no reason to be on half the Pokemon it's on. Dragon and Psychic were just fillers for a "mythical"/"legendary" type whether or not the Pokemon was actually a dragon or not. Fighting doesn't even make sense conceptually in a game that every single Pokemon fights. Like, why is the new bear Pokemon a fighting type when Ursaring isn't? What makes something like Croagunk more of a fighting type than Pinsir? Especially given Heracross is a fighting type?
>>
>>27228674
>>27228974
I guess I just put Finneon and Lumineon on there mainly because they already oh-so-conveniently have pink in their design. But also they resemble butterflies on purpose, and they glow in the dark, if we go by Fairy = Light logic.

And obviously it would be nothing short of a blessing to this otherwise so-forgettable-it's-not-forgettable-anymore line.

I don't have a strong opinion on Victini's typing. I think Fairy really does fit, but also if it didn't have the little wings I probably would've left it out.
>>
>>27227733
celebit is a time traveling onion fairy
time travel is psychic imo

>>27227694
>wanting to make manaphy even stronger

literally why
>>
File: Saci01.jpg (12KB, 200x257px) Image search: [Google]
Saci01.jpg
12KB, 200x257px
>>27228738
But Whimiscotts not even a plant. Its a forest nigger that makes cotton. More fairy than a living cherry blossom
>>
>>27229588
The literal ruler of time has nothing psychic about him.
>>
Give me a single good reason the Lumineon line should be fairy
>>
>>27227694

They are perfect as they are.
>>
>>27230092
>pink
>butterfly
>glows in the dark
>placid
>irrelevant and could greatly use it
>>
>>27230158
>>placid

On second thought that's not really even relevant.

Still though. I'd bet $10 that when they were looking for mons that could be Fairy type, they didn't even THINK about Lumineon. I think if it even occurred to them they would've done it.

Also why doesn't it get Solarbeam, the dex says it absorbs sunlight. This is a poorly thought out fish.
>>
File: sea_angel.jpg (21KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
sea_angel.jpg
21KB, 400x305px
>>27229060
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_angel

Yes, because the animal that actually looks a HELL of a lot like what Manaphy and its egg does is clearly not a major contributor to its inspiration
>>
File: Celebi.full.933561.jpg (727KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Celebi.full.933561.jpg
727KB, 1920x1200px
>>27230067
A Time traveler ≠ A Time creator/master
If you need to travel through time without being a god, you need immense intelligence in order for it to be feasible. Psychic fits perfectly.
>>
File: Sea Angel.jpg (11KB, 178x232px) Image search: [Google]
Sea Angel.jpg
11KB, 178x232px
>>27230450
Did somebody say Sea Angel?
>>
>>27230450
>clione
>sea slugs
>>
>>27230158
I see no good reasons it should be Fairy type in that post.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.