[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a booster pack has a card I want. That card has 2 diferent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Great Wave Off Kanto.jpg (550KB, 500x767px) Image search: [Google]
Great Wave Off Kanto.jpg
550KB, 500x767px
So a booster pack has a card I want. That card has 2 diferent forms of foil. I don't care for that I only want the card. The booster can have any of 122 cards. If I was taking only 1 card at random the probability would be 2/122 of getting the card I want. Since the booster pack has 10 cards and assuming none of the 10 cards are the same card. What is the probability of me getting the card I want?
>>
just buy the fucking lone card on TCGPlayer
>>
File: RemoveKanto.png (271KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
RemoveKanto.png
271KB, 800x800px
>>
>>27226994
What is that?
>>
>>27227034
a card buying website you fuckin autist
>>
>>27227034
trading card store, they sell single cards so you don't have to go through the trouble of buying hundreds of boosters for one card
>>
>>27226926
It depends on the rarity actually. Pokemon packs come with 5 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 foil, and 1 rare or higher card. So out of Phantom Forces, let's say you want a certain uncommon. There's a 1/36 chance you'll get that, not 1/122. Then you get 3 shots at that 1/36 chance, and you can't get duplicates in the same pack unless they're different rarities (I think you can get an uncommon and your foil can be the same uncommon, in reverse foil)

I'd write out this whole thing but this thread's been doomed to failure ever since the first post told you to go buy a physical card on TCGplayer for the Pokemon TCG Online client.
>>
>>27227046
It's for the online tcg
Also I don't want to spend real money
>>
>>27227093
then fucking trade away all your spare packs for the card or buy codes
>>
>>27227108
>the entire point of the thread is asking the chance that out of a 10 card pack, mostly only obtainable with codes, what is the chance of getting X card
>fucking buy codes fucker
Calm the fuck down. You don't need to lash out just because you keep being wrong about everything.
>>
>>27227087
It's a black star one I think they are both Holo, one in the picture other in the text area.
>>
>>27227108
You can't trade packs.
>>
I mean you can but only the ones obtained with codes from real money buys.
>>
>>27227222
Just the ones you earn from trainer challenge/quests and the ones you buy in the store for coins. You can trade packs you redeem from code cards and the ones you win from tournaments.

>>27227199
There's basically a 1/50 chance you'll pull the exact one you want, but there's something like a 30/50 chance you'll pull something better and you can just trade for it unless it's a locked pack.
>>
>>27227282
Thanks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.