[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think is the saddest moment in the main-line series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (45KB, 750x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 750x626px
What do you think is the saddest moment in the main-line series?
>>
the Metapod battle
>>
>>27215476
I'd say anything to do with N
He's an autist but his story is also a real tear jerker
>>
Ash leaving Pikachu to the horde of other Pikachus.
>>
>>27215518
>main-line series
Meaning games
>>
>>27215546
Listening to the Twinleaf Town theme on the music box in your villa in Platinum. It's a nice way to show how far you've come since the beginning of the game and I wish other games did something similar.
>>
>>27215513
>doesn't have to deal with other retarded kids as a child that would've bullied him for being such an idiot
>gets to play with all sorts of cool pokémon instead an nurse them back to health
>gets sheltered form all the real nastiness of humanity
>gets treated like prince with his own servants
>later is made the king and believes he gets to do everything he wants
>while the protagonist works hard on his side of the adventure, N is handed everything on a silver platter
>doesn't even realize what's wrong or that his "father" hates him until the end of the game
>gets over it quick then goes to fuck off somewhere instead of fixing his mess like a responsible adult
Meanwhile, Cyrus is so traumatized by his parents that he shuts off his emotions to avoid feeling hurt and works his ass off to form Team Galactic only to have HIS dreams crushed and continue to be miserable for the rest of his existence. And all of this happened to him being only a little older than N.
>>
I guess the mourners at mount pyre for me.

How do Pokemon die anyways? It doesn't seem to be through battle. Even poisons and toxins don't hurt them seriously. The only known virus just increases growth speed. I would think they just die of old age, but there are young people mourning their pokemon in many of the games, while you have elderly NPCs claiming they have had the pokemon they battle with their entire lives.
>>
>>27217941
Why Mount Pyre only? There are many other graveyard sites.

According to the Sinnoh myths pokémon could be slayed with weapons so they went on hiding until humans would stop using them. In return, they act as weapons so the humans aren't powerless themselves. So they aren't invulnerable. Also, just because we only deal with Pokérus in the game it doesn't mean they can't get diseases. And while lifespans may vary between pokémon, all living creatures have to die someday.
>>
>>27217885
How old is N again?
I know Cyrus is in his 20s or something.
>>
>>27215476
When you started posting here.
>>
>What do you think is the saddest moment in the main-line series?

When you go to Kanto from Johto then it feels like the party has just ended and youre left with a barren ghost town
>>
I'd say that old man that you leave a level 5 or below Pokemon with, and when you return, it's implied that he died.
>>
The moment you best E4 for the first time
>>
Any time James has to leave one of his pokemon behind.
>>
>>27218272
Wait, what?
>>
File: Snow_Way_Out!.png (210KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
Snow_Way_Out!.png
210KB, 600x433px
>>
>>27218272
This.
>>
>>27218272
???
>>
>>27218826
>>27219039
Go to Anistar City.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anistar_City
>>
>>27219131
>In the house two spots north of the boutique, an old man can be found depressed because of the death of his wife. He will ask the player to lend him any Pokémon level 5 or under to keep him company for the time being. After defeating the Elite Four, the player can return to the house only to find that the old man has passed away and left behind a Poké Ball containing the Pokémon lent to him, a letter thanking the player for their helping him in his last moments, and a Comet Shard. In addition, the returned Pokémon will have max number of Affection hearts in Pokémon-Amie. However, if the player has a full team, they cannot take the Pokémon back until an open spot is made. Also, if the player has already defeated the Elite Four, they will need to do it again in order to receive the Comet Shard.
What the fuck
>>
I still get teary eyed with Bye Bye Butterfree
>>
>woman burrying clefairy
>man mourning his growlithe
>Gary possibly losing his raticate
>>
>>27220166
le genwunner
>>
>>27220072
Same reaction when I figured out the old man died.
>>
>>27220166

>Gary possibly losing his raticate

The first time you fight the raticate, it's level 16

Ratata doesnt evolve until 20

They even kept this in Fire Red/Leaf Green

It's two different pokemon and Gary simply replaced it with a better pokemon
>>
The snow and Butterfree moments were both great

But one of my personal favorite moments was at the end of the Diamond and Pearl anime arc

Specifically "Memories are made of bliss"

It's the final episode where Piplup decides to run away because it can't deal with saying goodbye to Ash and his pokemon

He eventually gets found by Pikachu and Togekiss only to break down and cry while smacking Pikachu
>>
>>27221989
Nice theory! Come up with it yourself?

Now consider this. Gary was a better trainer than you. Another valid theory is that Rattata evolves at level 20 FOR YOU. Gary got it to evolve at level 16 because he's Gary Motherfucking Oak.
Lance supports this. He's the DRAGON MASTAHR and got his Dragonite to evolve a few levels early, because he fucking raises dragons for a living.
>>
>>27222171

>Consider this, Gary is a better trainer than you

Which only pushes into the idea that he simply replaced his Raticate with a better pokemon

Regardless of whether it was the same one or not

The fact of the matter is that he replaced it with a better pokemon
>>
Off the top of my head, nothing springs to mind. I guess I'd feel sad for anyone who believed in Team Plasma and released a Pokemon thinking it would be happier that way even though it was all a lie by Ghetsis to be the only one left with Pokemon. Being tricked like that would feel pretty awful but I'm not sure there are any trainers in B/W that explore that possibility.

I guess Hugh finding his sister's stolen Purrloin as an angry Liepard with a new Team Plasma master was somewhat sad.
>>
>>27222275
But he didn't need to replace it. The team wasn't full yet.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>27215476

revisiting national park after all these years &
remembering all the late nights shining a flashlight to continue playing under the covers long after being told to go to sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.