[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the Fairy type? Favorite Fairy type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

What are your thoughts on the Fairy type?
Favorite Fairy type? Least favorite Fairy-type?
>>
>>27212039

It's okay.
>>
Don't get how it's weak to fire
>>
>>27212039
azumarill is my 2nd favorite
>>
>>27212093
its not weak to fire, fire is resistant to fairy.
>>
>>27212101
Fuck that's what I meant. I need to sleep.
>>
I like it alright. I sometimes forget which pokemon were retconned into being part fairy though.
>>
>>27212039
Sylveon
>>
Dedenne is my favorite.

I guess Mr. Mime is my least, but I don't really DISlike it.
>>
It was needed to nerf the power creep of Dragon types and Close Combat spam, Immunity to Dragon might be over kill though.

Resistance to Bug was a bad decision and nefed an already weak type,

Togekiss probably.
>>
>>27212039
Got me back into pokemon. Xerneas is my favorite design in the whole franchise. Least favorite would be Dedenne, I love them all though.
>>
File: unnamed (2).png (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).png
36KB, 250x250px
>>27212039
I like the idea of it being some what of a magic/fantsy type. We needed a counter to dragons and a buff for steel, 2bh.
Dont like how they try to make it cute, desu.
Needs more mons and better attacks.
Something not "cute" would be great to make the type better

My favourites are klefki, and this lil guy

I hate slurpuff and aromateese lines...
>>
>>27212039
Needs more inherently cheeky/mischievous cunts like Mr.Mime, Klefki, Mawile, Whimsicott, and anime Jigglypuff.
>>
File: 1384040564319.jpg (235KB, 900x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1384040564319.jpg
235KB, 900x1022px
It's preddy cool

Mawile is my gf
>>
File: 41351144_p0_master1200.jpg (360KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
41351144_p0_master1200.jpg
360KB, 800x800px
It's my favorite type along with water and Aromatisse is fucking cute. I don't think I have a least favorite one yet since they all fit my taste.
>>
>>27212250
Yeah, I don't understand why it needed to resist Bug. If anything, Ice needed to resist it and I'm miffed because a skit in Pokemon Smash actually suggested that would be the case.

In the case of favourites, I'd have to say that Sylveon is my favourite. It's adorable, cuddly and a fucking special tank. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Mime and clowns in general.
>>
>>27212283
What do you think of Tapu Koko and Mimikkyu? Do they fit your standards?
>>
>>27212039
I love it because it represents everything I'm into, cute plushies and sparkles and wouldn't care at all if it stayed just the Girly/Pink type, but I guess things like Tapu Koko are good so "muh manly fae!!!" fags can shut up. You already have Dragon and Fighting.
>>
>>27212361
>You already have Dragon and Fighting.

Amen, I'm glad after all these years there is finally a type that caters to the cute niche. People that want cool and spooky Pokemon already have other types.
>>
>>27212341
They're probably my favorites of the gen thus far, actually.
>>
>>27212039
Favorite type, next to Ghost. Overall, in terms of lines:

Diancie > Togekiss > Mimikyu > Cutiefly > Tapu Koko > Magearna > Clefable > M-Altaria > Azumarill > Mawile > Gardevoir > Wigglytuff > Slurpuff > Klefki > Florges > M-Audino > Sylveon > Xerneas > Aromatisse > Granbull > Dedenne >>>>>>>> shit >>>>>> Mr. Mime

They're all great, honestly. Except for Mr. Mime
>>
It's alright. I don't particularly like it, but I consider it a necessary evil. I wish they'd added two types, the cute fairy retcon, and a different (read: more thematically serious) one to nerf the dragons. Some of the type changes seem bizarre as well, why did some of the pure normals get a hard change to pure fairy, yet others became dual fairy? If they were going to retcon a shitload of normals then they should have added more new pure normal lines in XY to fill the pool rather than half-heartedly dualing out.

Also none of the legends/myths typically considered "fairies" got a change, like Mew and Celebi etc. They're commonly Psychic so some of them could have got that retconned to fairy or added as duality. But I guess because they're so uncommon in normal play they didn't bother.

My favourites are the Togepi and Ralts lines, don't really have a least favourite.

>>27212283
I would have liked it if they went for the mischievous/deceptive imp style as well. Chatot, Girafarig and Wobbuffet might have fit in with the Mimes and Mawile.
>>
>>27212506
MrMime is great, 2bh.
I liked how quirky he was for gen1 standards, and making him imune to dragon just makes him a troll
>>
>>27212039
I dislike basically every fairy that was introduced. Some old fairies like the pink blobs, Whimsicott, Togekiss and Azumarill are fine though.
I guess I am not a fan of the type, but SM seems to be doing something with it.
>>
>>27212533
I definitely get it if you like it. I want to like it, because it's one of those traditional fairies that's more of an asshole elf/goblin than anything, but I just don't like the way it looks at all.
>>
>>27212039
It was both pointless and a breath of fresh air.
Favourite is Slurpuff
Least favourite is Mimikkyu
>>
>>27212519
>I wish they'd added two types, the cute fairy retcon, and a different (read: more thematically serious) one to nerf the dragons.

Oh look, it's another "Dragons shouldn't die to a Jigglypuff!!!!" episode.

>why did some of the pure normals get a hard change to pure fairy, yet others became dual fairy?
Because of flavor. I can see why Clefable is purely Fairy while Wigglytuff is both Normal and Fairy. It's just less "magical". I doubt they even considered the amount of Normal types that would be left, it's not like they're scarce...

>Also none of the legends/myths typically considered "fairies" got a change, like Mew and Celebi etc. They're commonly Psychic so some of them could have got that retconned to fairy or added as duality. But I guess because they're so uncommon in normal play they didn't bother.

Mew has no reason to be a Fairy, but yeah, Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin at the very least should have gotten the type. Also Cresselia, literally the Moon Pokémon that is an elegant swan with pink and purple body and exclusively female.

I think they really just didn't want to mess with legendaries for some reason, just for being legendaries, not for being "uncommon".
>>
>>27212623
>Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin
All the Mewclones are psychic, in a way to unify then
>>
Wigglytuff is my favorite second favorite granbull.
Least favorite clefairy because of how OU it is, second least favorite Klefkey.
>>
>>27212250
>>27212324
They changed the type tree for steel this gen. We can only hope they do at least one of these suggestions next gen.
>>
>>27212039
I need more goblin fairies.

MimiKKKyu seems like a step in the right direction. ghost/fairy should have been Lunala's typing.
>>
>>27212653
>Muh patterns

And it's not even a real pattern, Shaymin, Manaphy and Diancie aren't Psychic.
>>
Sylveon is my favorite fairy type. Real men wear pink.
>>
>>27212702
I have a male with Cute Charm to catch HA females in the Friend Safari. I nicknamed him James Bond, because he gets all the pussy and wears a bowtie.
>>
>>27212695
>Celebi, Jirachi, Victiny are all part psychic.
>Manaphy was a tool to promote Pokemkn Ranger.
>Shaymin isnt a Mewclone. Just look at both of them.
>Diancie? REALLY? Hooppah would be much closer, 2bh.
>muh patterns meme

There are serious patterns in the franchise. Will you say thst water, fire, grass starters are just a coincidence?
>>
>>27212851
So you are trying to tell me that Manaphy and Shaymin aren't mewclones? They're cute legendaries not normally available in-game with 600BST distributed as 100 all around. That's the pattern, not being Psychic type.That has happened all 6 generations in a row, unlike your Psychic theory, which was interrupted.
>>
>>27212851
That's not how you use greentext, newfriend.
>>
>>27212907
your patterns are not real because of these other patterns

Look at Pikachu and look at emolga. Their design similarities are obvious enough to call emolga a "pika clone"
When I look at Shaymin I dont see anything similar to Mew.

The pattern is thst they are tiny, event-distributed, flying, pixie-like pokemon. Psychic typying is there to kind of unify them. There is no other reason to give it to them
>>
>>27212039
Azumarill is fucking amazing. Pure Power and the Phys/Special split made it great, but Fairy-typing and Play Rough made it the destroyer of worlds.
>>
>>27213032
>Pure Power
I meant Huge Power. Never understood why they're separate abilities anyway.
>>
>>27212978
i should have had used a space after "Mewclone" and "REALLY?".
I need to sleep, I believe I am allowed a fuck up
Also, a fuckup doesnt make you new. Don't be picky, happens to the best of us
>>
>>27213058
Because their names mean different things. It's just a fluff thing.
The japanese version of Huge Power has a rabbit pun in it, which is why rabbit pokemon get it.
>>
Mawiwi is my favoriti °w° I don't like Mr. Mime
>>
>>27213077
The "mochi" part of it is also why M-Mawile gets it. Futakuchi-onna are often depicted eating mochi.
>>
favorite: Cleffa
least favorite: Spritzee

I love they typing, the assdevastation that followed it solidified my love for it
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.