[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /vp/. Pokemon Go has kind of made me want to play the actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cummer.jpg (29KB, 557x474px) Image search: [Google]
cummer.jpg
29KB, 557x474px
Hi /vp/.

Pokemon Go has kind of made me want to play the actual pokemon games again. The last Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy.
I have seen that the list of pokemon is now in the 700+ range. I have also noticed that there is quite a lot of extra things to do in the game now between evolving and breeding and uh...happiness levels?

THe last time I played you just leveled up and evolved. PRetty simple. I'm a real casual video game player and I liked how casual Red/Blue/Yellow felt.

With all of that said, can any of you recommend a more casual friendly and newer iteration of the game? I'm really attracted to the Nintendo DS but if I need to get an older system to enjoy the game I have no problem with that either.

Thank you for you time.
>>
start with heart gold then play ORAS
>>
>>27209907
Try XY
>>
try gen 2 and 3 games on emulators
>>
>>27209907
Go and get X and Y, it's the newest generation and is pretty chill to play through. It's not too intense on story, there are quite a few gen 1 Pokemon so you won't feel foreign, but you'll also have lots of opportunity to see new Pokemon from multiple generations. In regards to battling, the EXP share makes any challenge, or grind, easy as hell, and lets you change and level your 'mons a lot more freely. I'd say it's the safest move due to the newer games coming out on the 3DS soon too, and it's the most up to date generation. If you enjoy it, look around /vp/, there's lots to learn and it'll take a while, but I seriously wouldn't worry about the complications you mentioned, it doesn't force you to use those features.

Feel free to ask questions OP.
>>
OP here. Thanks guys!
>>
>>27209907

Play XY on the 3DS. It's pretty friendly to new/returning players, and has a nice balance of new Pokemon and ones you'll recognize.
>>
X/Y.
It's new and easy
>>
>>27209907
Download this: https://kat.cr/pokemon-complete-gb-gba-collection-gameboy-advanced-emulater-derp-t11735175.html
Then download this: https://kat.cr/pokemon-games-pack-nintendo-ds-coolrom-nds-ntsc-sergiozsr-t11408202.html
I expect you've played all of them on VBA and DeSMuME by this time next month including Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness on Dolphin.
>>
>>27210036
Holy shit. Thanks anon! This is going to make it that much easier.
>>
>>27210063
The only one you definitely need to buy are Pokemon XY and maybe the new spinoffs.

ORAS is playable on your computer using the Citra 3DS emulator but the emulation isn't perfect: it's slow if you don't have a new CPU and crashes because they haven't fixed the bugs.

Here's a link to DeSMuMe http://desmume.org/

You can also play anything up to NDS games (that's GB, GBC, GBA, NDS) games on your phone. For iOS the emulators you need are GBA4iOS and iNDS. Android should have everything up to NDS too if you hunt around but I don't know the names of the emulators.

If you aren't already overwhelmed there are fangames that tend to be more difficult too. Two types. RMXP fangames (eg Pokemon Insurgence, Pokemon Ethereal Gates) are standalone executable files and some have online features like Mystery Gift and trading. Romhacks are modified versions of the files (eg Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon Vega) I just linked that often entirely overhaul the entire story, the graphics and allow you to catch different sets of Pokemon - it's basically a new game for when you've played anything.

With romhacks, roms and most fangames you don't usually get wifi or battling other people but you can get the experience of having your ass handed to you by real people on pokemonshowdown.com
>>
>>27209907
XY or ORAS
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.