[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you be okay with this being a new pokemon in sun and moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (212KB, 431x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212KB, 431x314px
Would you be okay with this being a new pokemon in sun and moon?
>>
>>27204093
Why would I want a Dragonite version of Nidoking?
>>
>>27204093
reskinned nidoking? looks better than keys, a pokemon holding a piece of lumber or a fucken ice-cream cone. so yeah, i would be okay with it.
>>
if you answer with no you a genwunner
if you answer with yes you are a shitposter
>>
>>27204111
Being okay with this:
>overly designed
>noisy
>needlessly intricate
>incessantly nuanced
>pointlessly detailed pokemon
>>
Fire/Dragon? Hell yeah
>>
>>27204164
eh not like the majority of the new pokemon aren't all that you listed? kek
>>
>>27204093
A genderless Nidoran for trans?
>>
>>27204093
No, I would fucking hate it.
>>
>>27204111
>reskinned nidoking? looks better than sludge, a duck holding a piece of grass or a fucken Pokéball. so yeah, i would be okay with it.
>>
>>27204290
t. triggered unovabortion
>>
>>27204290
farfetched is a folk lore though, and voltorb was literally a mimic translated to pokemon

grimer is a pollution slime, what rpg doesn't have a slime
>>
>>27204093
Except for the eyes it looks like rby sprite abortion, new designs tend to be overly detailed most of time.
>>
>>27204574
>It's good because it is unoriginal

WOW
>>
>>27204710
that wasn't the argument you colossal clod

you said it was garbage, i said it was an rpg staple that makes a statement about pollution

you sperg out with memes because youre a fucking retard with no reading comprehension

grimer is just alright
>>
>>27204710
Get wrecked scrublord
>>27204761
>>
>>27204761
>Klefki isn't folklore
>Vanillite isn't a mimick
>>
File: 1466967379948.png (97KB, 230x221px) Image search: [Google]
1466967379948.png
97KB, 230x221px
>>27204841
mimics have to have lures, who sees a person sized ice-cream cone in an ice cave and thinks TREASURE

klefki is fine though, it's weird but plenty nes games have the reanimated umbrella enemies

im not the op btw, just an anon who replied to a butthurt unovabortion
>>
>>27204574
>>27204761

>Muh folklore means it inherently good
Klefki is folklore, too, and in more cultures.

Garbodor is an equal or better parallel to garbage coming to life in every single way.

Foongus is a way more clever Pokéball spoof than Voltorb.

Goomy is a more creative slime creature than grimer.

>Gen 1
Alakazam holds two metal spoons.
Likitung and Snorlax are designed entirely to eat.
Tangela looks like a vegetarian flying spaghetti monster
Magikarp is portrayed to be a food staple several times
Chansey and Exeggcute are both eggs. Farfetch'd is a duck carrying seasoning.
Slowpoke tail.

>Gen 5
Vanilluxe is an ice cream sundae.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>27204574
This, people who bitch about Voltorb don't understand he's Pokemon's version of a treasure chest mimic
>>
>>27204871
Voltorb and Electrode don't have the same size as a pokéball either.
>>
>>27205074
have you ever seen a mushroom and thought it was a fucking ball?
also
>its original to just fucking copy the mimic idea from gen 1
>another slime but, ITS A DARGON!11!!1
garbador just apes grimer and koffings garbage aesthetic, burmy does this too its not original and not better so it's just lazy design

>cherrypicking this hard
>bending spoons isn't a common psychic thing
>really makes you think
oh youre just a salty falseflagger
>>
>>27205172
>he thinks the pokedex doesn't come from retarded 10 yos making shit up
enjoy your manlet mons getting crushed by dunsparce
>>
>>27205206
Nah, Garbodor is far better than Muk at being living garbage. And Foongus is at least the proper size. How the fuck could anyone mistake a Voltorb for a Pokeball when the damn thing is over 3 times the fucking size?
>>
>>27205253
The games literally show the pokemon stamding next to the trainers in the pokedex. Electrode is fucking huge in all media.
>>
File: 1454457303401.png (54KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1454457303401.png
54KB, 328x396px
>>27205274
hes sludge, representative of things like slag and other industrial grade pollutants that end ecosytems, you can literally just bury garbage
>>27205308

>the pokedex is real
http://www.serebiiforums.com/archive/index.php/t-490688.html
>>
>>27204290
>>27204111
>implying any of those are bad
>>
>>27205148

Fitting an archetype doesn't suddenly make its design good.
>>
>>27205345
Judge a design based on how well it fulfills it's purpose as well as it's overall aesthetic.
>>
>>27205336

How does that link prove the pokedex info wrong? Because in game lore is different from game mechanics? Because fictional creature in a fictional universe do things that are impossible in ours?
>>
>>27205427
ok magikarp can leap over mountains like superman
alakazam has an iq of 6000 but still listens to 10yo
charizard can infact almost melt anything
ghost types literally steal the soul of children
it goes on and on, plus charizard is like 4ft in the dex but hes clearly a drake in the show. The lore is inconsistent because the dex is not right
>>
>>27204093
this is /vp/
GF can release any shitmon and /vp/ normies will pretend to love it
>>
>>27205475

>ok magikarp can leap over mountains like superman
Magikarp line is literally based on a myth of a carp that leaped a waterfall and became a dragon. Why would it leaping a mountain be surprising?
>alakazam has an iq of 6000 but still listens to 10yo
And? What does IQ have to do with obedience and loyalty?
>charizard can infact almost melt anything
Don't really see the problem here
>ghost types literally steal the soul of children
Ghosts do spooky ghost shit? Who would've thought?
>charizard is like 4ft in the dex but hes clearly a drake in the show
Anime has always had inconsistent sizes, also not canon
>because the dex is not right
According to what? Have you ever thought it's game mechanics that aren't right?

Also if the pokedex isn't correct, what lore do we have? Non-canon anime and manga shit?
>>
>>27205737
Shut up, Richard
>>
>>27205737
because you eat magikarp, and the myth extends to the evolution not every karp

because a being with over 6000 iq and psychic powers would be demigods who would've ruled over the relatively retarded humans

if it melt almost anything how can anything avoid vaporization, what about magmar its made of lava

you think they are actually stealing souls? i bet you think pokemon black is real

so you actually prefer manlet charizard

the dex is a mechanic retard, not to mention that in gen 1 it literally lies about pokemon locations

not a lot, when you can't be certain that people aren't exaggerating or lying you don't really have much to go on when the in game mechanics are built for gameplay, not lore/realism
>>
>>27205842
Charizard can control its heat output. Just because it COULD melt anything doesn't mean it wants to go around destroying the universe
>>
>>27205336
>littering doesn't exist
>there isn't an island-sized mass of garbage in the middle of the pacific ocean

Your fantasy world sounds pretty idyllic, anon. I'd be down for this delusion.
>>
>>27205842

>the dex is a mechanic retard

Oh, you mean like everything else in a fucking video game?
Written lore > game mechanics, always
>>
>>27204093
Absolutely, i'm always down for a godzilla rep.
>>
ITT genwunners defend Porygon and badmouth based Icicle Pokemon
>>
>>27206577
Fuck that. I always thought porygon looked fucken stupid
>>
Do gen oners actually exist though? I always just see people ironically pretend they are a 'genwunner' or hate on gen one. I'm personally not the biggest fan of gen one but I don't know anyone who is.

I don't include random normies who played pokemon when they were a kid, or random normies playing GO as genwunners by the way
>>
>>27206106
i want to live in the world where toxic sludge and slag doesn't fuck up the ecosystem. sounds great
>>
>>27206172
it is though, it tells you where you *might* find the pokemon, b/c the kanto dex lies about those locations

and you really believe that the dex is 100% accurate and 100% canon in everything it says?
because gens' dexs have different stats for certain mons

>>27206577
>itt i lie and generalize
no one even mentioned porygon
>>
>>27205206
>have you ever seen a mushroom and thought it was a fucking ball?
But it would and does in the top down view of the game
That's the whole reason why voltorb and foongus exist. That's the joke.

>its original to just fucking copy the mimic idea from gen 1
Kek, if we got foongus first and then voltorb, how would you argue voltorb's existence? Same goes for everything gen bashers like to bring up. That argument will never be valid.

>another slime but, ITS A DARGON!11!!1
Except that instead of literally putting a goofy face on a pile of ambiguous goo and calling it Mu"c"k, they looked at traits of snails, goo, and dragon legends, actually gave it a color pallete, as well as giving it distinctive features in its face and body that separate it from other RPG characters and other Pokémon.
Most first gen pokémon have a same-face going on due to graphical limitations.

>garbador just apes grimer and koffings garbage aesthetic, burmy does this too its not original and not better so it's just lazy design

I want to give an example of waste.
Do I pick:
A) A purple pile of goo
or
B) A pile of trash

>cherrypicking this hard
Match my list of gen 1 food related Pokémon with gen 5 ones. Should be easy since there are more. You should also do the same with inanimate objects while your at it.

>bending spoons isn't a common psychic thing
My point is that people like you cherry pick designs just like that all the time.
>"Oh no, it's a keychain. That's as far as the lore goes. I'll stick to my Magnemite."

And before you start with "Back then, they couldn't design their characters like they can now" or a similar incoherent statement, they always started the design process on a literal drawing board. The write out all the features a character will have and draw all the characters before implementing them in the game. There's no argument for saying that one gen didn't have the same amount of thought or innovation in their character designs with out critical review.
>>
>>27207420
And the unprecedented 10/10 reviews by critic for Black and White, a game with ZERO outside pokémon, really fucks over any type of rebuttal.
>>
>>27204111
upvoted xDD
>>
no guys the pokedex is the lore of pokemon so it is infallible mew can learn every move here let me post some screenshots of pokedex entries and call it proof am i richard yet
>>
Looks different enough from Nidoking to not being considered a carbon copy of it, so it's ok.
>>
>>27204093
Are they introducing fusions in Sun/Moon
>Dragonking
>Nidonite
>>
>>27204093
He looks generic.
>>
>>27204219
Why would it be either of those types? It'd clearly be Ground/Ground.
>>
>>27205253
It's a literal thing, though. Or do you ACTUALLY think Voltorb and Electrode are only the size of a Pokeball?

This would have been easy to explain had Nintendo just included something saying they can shrink down while dormant and grow in size when approached. But can they even learn minimize?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.