[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do Pokemon live for? And what happens when they die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 06.jpg (219KB, 554x528px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
219KB, 554x528px
How long do Pokemon live for? And what happens when they die?
>>
File: 5xJbTvW.jpg (501KB, 696x4856px) Image search: [Google]
5xJbTvW.jpg
501KB, 696x4856px
>>
File: 1464987499141.jpg (48KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
1464987499141.jpg
48KB, 800x522px
>>27192608
>>
Looking at the people in Lavender Town it seems like some Pokemom have a shorter lifespan than humans because there are many grown people and i dont know for sure but i guess some of them said they had their pokemon since they were childs? I guess pokemon get like 20 to 30 years old and then they die like animals and humans do.
>>
>>27192673
This is true, but I'm guessing it varies among species.

For example I highly doubt it ACTUALLY lives for 1000 years, but Ninetales is probably very long-lived.
>>
>>27192673
>>27192906
Pretty reasonable. I'm sure Richard will be here soon, but I'd also assume animal-like pokemon have lifespans proportional to their real life inspirations.

I would assume that only legendaries, turtles and maybe dragons could ever outlive a human.
>>
>>27192673
>>27192906
>>27192961
But what about ghostie goos?
>>
>>27192990
I would say they are already dead aren't they? Lavender Tower Ghastly's are the spirits of the dead pokemon. I would say the other ones are dead pokemon too.
>>
>>27193033
But could they also die (albeit by unnatural means)? Could you kill a ghost?
>>
>>27192990
Oh shit, that's a complicated question. Some have dex entries claiming they come from dead people, which kinda makes sense. But judging by the fact that there aren't many in the games I'd say they have a point where they die/fade away/return to the afterlife.
>>
>>27193033
>>27192990

Noooo, the ghost you needed the Silph Scope to see that it was Marowak was the only real dead pokemon ghost in Lavender. Ghost is literally just Spooky-type, they're not really the spirits of dead people or pokemon, I don't care what stupid rumors and creepypasta-tier stories the pokedex has. (Reminder that it also claims Slugma is hotter than the sun.)

Ghost type pokes are just spooky trickster 'mons capable of intangibility and other such stuff.
>>
>>27193091
I mean yes, if you disregard the pokedex that makes sense. Even if they don't eat they still have to get energy some how and likely will die eventually.

As for the pokedex, I just assume that the ridiculous entries are choosing examples of the most extreme possible scenarios at level 100 or whatever. So the average slugma in the wild is still only as hot as a lava flow probably
>>
>>27193054
By unnatural means, yes.
I dont know how probably by simply fading away or by the exorcists. Or like how they tried to get Giratinas Energy in the Movie.
>>
File: Absol_Pokédex_entry_(1).png (27KB, 507x342px) Image search: [Google]
Absol_Pokédex_entry_(1).png
27KB, 507x342px
>>27192961
>I would assume that only legendaries, turtles and maybe dragons could ever outlive a human.
>>
>>27193191
Ah, there we go, right on time.
Aren't they pretty rare in the wild in most games too?
That makes me think they rarely reproduce, like Pandas.
>>
>>27193222

Some Pokémon are rare.
>>
>>27193058

Some ghost Pokémon are dead spirits of People and Pokémon.
>>
>>27193091
>I don't care what canon says!
Maybe fanfiction is best for you.
>>
>>27193404
>I honestly believe Wailord is less dense than air
>>
>>27192608
I legitimately cried a little both times I've seen this.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.