[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth to get into the Pokemon TCG at this point? Me and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ssssssssssss.png (464KB, 455x536px) Image search: [Google]
ssssssssssss.png
464KB, 455x536px
Is it worth to get into the Pokemon TCG at this point? Me and my friends wanna get back into it but we aren't sure where to start, is Generations good? What the hell are EX cards how is Mega Evolution added? It's been forever since I picked up a pack.
>>
File: huntailisbesttail.jpg (267KB, 322x450px) Image search: [Google]
huntailisbesttail.jpg
267KB, 322x450px
>>27188169
Generations is a good set for collecting. I'd get BREAKpoint boosters to start out, but that's just my opinion.
EX cards are powerful pokemon that are always basic, but when they are knocked out, the opponent takes two prize cards. Most decks run them, but there are counter cards like Regice.
Megas always evolve from EXs, and when you evolve them, you either have to end your turn or waste the pokemon tool slot to evolve it.
Pic related is best card ever
>>
>>27188169

I advice you to wait, you can just play pokemon tcg online in meanwhile

this meta game is fun but definitely not worth to waste real moneys on it
>>
>>27188833

and actually EX cards are for losers and noobs, they ruined this cardgame to me and I hope they will fix it with sumo

many cards have BULLSHIT attack cost, or retreat cost or BULLSHIT effect while others are just fucking useless... ect just play tcg online for a 3 months and you will see
>>
>>27188169
Pretty sure if you want to get back in you buy singles for good decks.
>>
>>27188169

I suggest you and your friends buy the Mewtwo vs Darkrai Battle Arena decks. They are decent decks with a ton of good cards that you can use to make your own original decks with after getting back into the groove of things.
>>
What would be a good line to choose if I just want to collect?
>>
>>27188690
>that powerful storm attack
Who thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>27192431
Generations has a lot of cool cards and has a ton of box sets to purchase and more are to come.

Red and Blue Collection (3 box sets released of 4)
Mythical Collection (6 box sets released of 11)

Red and Blue Collection feature a Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, and Pikachu card (Pikachu isn't released yet). And each have 4 Generations packs. They cost like $25.

Mythical Collection each feature a mythical Pokemon card (Mew, Celebi, Shaymin, etc.) and 2 Generations packs. They cost like $13.
>>
>>27188894
What the fuck is sumo? Is that the name of the next card set?
>>
Wait for neo-standard, lot of garbage cards/decks are leaving. (Primal Clash to Steam Siege)
>>
Pokemon TCG is not a good tcg
>>
Quake Punch Toxicroak.
That's all you'll need
>>
>>27188169
Don't listen to >>27188690

Packs are unreliable. Buy singles.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.