[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soaring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

Could it return?
Or will it just be another beloved feature that gets scrapped for no reason, like walking with Pokemon?
>>
I can understand the Pokemon walking one, not so much going into 5th gen, but in the new 3D games considering the amount of modelling required.

Soaring not being included would just be laziness outright. Expect it not to be back.
>>
It was a good feature. So yeah.

I wish there was more to do with it than just go to Mirage Islands/Hoopa Ring tho. And the cutscenes should be skippable, or be a once a day thing like the Mega key ring activation.
>>
>>27180959
Amie and Customization from X/Y are returning. I'd wager the PSS will probably return too given how much of a game changer it is.

The trailers also show the player char riding a Sharpedo jetski and on the back of a Tauros. This gives soaring a decent chance of returning I think.
>>
Imagine if they expanded it to other Pokemon, like Rayquaza. Would be cool as fuck.
>>
File: 1468256188894.png (279KB, 406x422px) Image search: [Google]
1468256188894.png
279KB, 406x422px
>>27180959
>Soaring
>walking with Pokemon
>beloved feature
>>
>>27181045
>>>/v/
>>
It's one of the shittiest things the shittiest generation has. I hope it never returns.
>>
File: 1465873764693.jpg (23KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1465873764693.jpg
23KB, 312x312px
>>27181097
How is not having to waste a slot on fly in any way bad?
>>
>>27180974
Well I can see walking with Pokemon not being in X and Y but there really is no excuse for Sun and Moon considering the battle and over-world models are the same now.
>>
>>27181097
Go be retarded somewhere else.
>>
>>27181101
Because you have to waste an entire party slot on that disgusting overpowered plane abomination
>>
>>27181101
On the game they literally fix Fly and allow you to use it to get directly to Routes, it's absoutely dispensable. Not to mention it's ugly, shit and cringe.
>>
>>27181124
You don't actually, but it's shit anyway. Latias and Latios are good Pokémon. This mechanic is the shitty part.
>>
>>27181142
>using legendaries
>ever

Kill yourself
>>
>>27181150
>implying I use them
I never said that. They're just cool.
>>
>>27181164
They look retarded
>>
>>27181172
You look retarded.
>>
>>27181142
i bet if they're fairy types then EVERYTHING they do is acceptable, right? RIGHT?!!!
>>
File: Das itt.png (176KB, 381x410px) Image search: [Google]
Das itt.png
176KB, 381x410px
>>27181150
>>
>>27181150
>using le anti-legendary meme outside of online competition
fuck off
>>
>>27180959
>for no reason

How do you know this? There could be a reason. Now whether that reason is stupid is moot.
>>
>>27181097
Soaring and Following Pokemon are the Two Main things I want in Sun and Moon. Even if it's just starters and pikachu being able to follow I'd be happy.
If Soaring was to return my guess is it'd be a new pokemon made specifically for it or something
>>
>>27181188
>making the already piss easy games even easier

Bet you used mega evolution as well, eh?
>>
>>27181217
The games will always be piss easy no matter what. Might as well have fun with it.
>>
Crazy ass idea. But seeing as how riding is available on route 1, what if Soaring for each island is open world, while the entire region acts like ORAS? Basically, you can land wherever you want and fly off from wherever you want on the proper scaoe island, bit leaving its islands transitions to a world map style deal to fly to the other island, before having it load again in its entirety. Only thing that would have a load screen woild be landing in cities right in front of the PC.
>>
>>27181124
No you didn't, you could use soar with them being in the box
>>
>>27180959
I think soaring will be included, and maybe even expanded upon. Makes sense in an island region, and we already have seen many rideable Pokemon. I think we will have a flying steed as well.
>>
>soaring
>good

Gee wiz I sure love literally fly but slower!
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1652434.jpg (251KB, 672x840px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1652434.jpg
251KB, 672x840px
>>27181179
rk9 is best legendary pokemon
>>
File: Latios.jpg (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Latios.jpg
84KB, 500x375px
>>27180959

It already came back.
>>
File: 1419593087564.png (19KB, 150x94px) Image search: [Google]
1419593087564.png
19KB, 150x94px
Literally the comfiest track since HGSS National Park
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpoNrJGi2LQ
>>
File: jiff.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
jiff.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>27183340
Not a fan of the night-time version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo0xgizRRyc
Now that's my shit. Time for adventure.
>>
>>27180959

Soaring is most likely not returning becuase gamefreak will forgo mechanics and features to make the previous gens feel """unique""" from each other.
>>
Walking with Pokemon in HGSS is so good
>>
Never really used it apart from the islands and legendaries. By that point in the game I already finished it and was just using my fly mon to quick travel places for breeding. Much faster than soarin there.

During the story I see why people like it but you rarely need to back track and if you do it's just optional that could be left till later
>>
Remember when we had 2 regions to explore? Yeah...
>>
>>27181132
>it's ugly, shit, and cringe
You lost me. Are you talking about soaring or yourself, anon?
>>
>>27181106

Because the character model is no longer viewed from top down so in the case of larger pokemon, the model is just going to be obstructing your view 90% of the time.

>>27181132

Everyone I knew wanted this 'cringey shit' in the games when I was a kid. Just because it takes you 3 seconds longer to fly to an area than if you'd just selected it doesn't mean it's a bad mechanic, it means you can't smell the roses.
>>
>>27183288
It's literally just so you don't have to waste a party slot with an HM user. Even if it is in the game, it never forces you to use it. I literally cannot see a downside.
>>
>>27183414
Nigga that was the same ass excuse for Customization not being in ORAS and yet here we fucking are. Fucking Customization, fucking Amie, fucking riding, and fucking DexNav. Soaring better be returning.
>>
>>27180959

It is currently unknown at the moment.
>>
>>27180959
>Walking Pokemon
>beloved
>>
>>27183302
All flying should be like this desu
>default is soaring around and flying into pokemon
>small side menu for fast travel
Then OrAs had to go and split it up.
>>
>>27184115
>fucking DexNav
Wait, what. I must have missed that. Source?
>>
>>27181132
How the fuck is it cringe?
>>
>>27181045
this. wtf is so "beloved" about it? just because you personally like something you shouldn't imply that it is immensely popular. fucking moron.
>>
>>27181097
You're opinion is wrong and doesn't matter
>>
>>27181124
You could literally release or trade the lati the second you get it and Soaring will still work.
>>
>>27180959
> a faggot that'll buy whatever game freak makes regardless of whatever features are included
>>
>>27181229
>fun
>thinking anybody on this board even understands what fun is
>>
>>27180959
It's entirely possible, I mean just look at other features that appeared in a previous game and then became a major one in another such as walking with your Pokemon or riding Pokemon. In Platinum there was the Amity Square which let us walk with certain Pokemon, then in HGSS it was expanded to every Pokemon including shinies and forms. In X and Y we were able to ride on a few Pokemon around areas of the overworld and now with Sun and Moon that's been expanded with more, possibly a lot more. This shows that those features were just tests to see if the fans would like them enough for them to come back in a bigger way, so what's to say Soaring wasn't another test for ORAS and in Sun and Moon it's been expanded in a bigger way, maybe even with more Flying-types?
>>
There seems to be more rideable Pokemon in Sun and Moon. Maybe they'll completely do away with HMs and replace them with rideable Pokemon. So you would use Sharpedo to travel between the islands, Lapras to travel across smaller lakes and soaring would return to replace Fly.
>>
i never did the soaring thing once, not really something i'm interested in
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.