[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated Pokemon for Main Story Gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1434294408162.png (53KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434294408162.png
53KB, 550x600px
Anyone got recommendations for Pokemon to use during maingame? Everybody's probably used every starter, the regional bird, etc, but what about those underrated mons that barely anyone picks up like Tentacool and Geodude?

Anyone have any recommendations for them? Going to play through ORAS one last time, wondering what I should go for.

Recommend mons for other players too. There's over 700 of these niggas, might as well use something new.
>>
>>27178828
Try Absol.

Also why "one last time"? You selling your copy of the game or something?
>>
I did a pure Normal type run of HGSS and Dunsparce was a standout. Obviously not the best stats but really impressive movepool under the limitations I was under.

I guess the other thing might be male Meowstic? Sort of doubt a support is really desired for the main story but I had fun setting up defenses and throwing thunder waves with him as a lead.
>>
I just replayed y version, got a 31attack iv shiny riolu early as fuck so I boxed the starter and used that.
>>
I once beat a nuzlocke with just minun and castform left alive so i'd suggest those, especially minun. It has a decent amount of speed and sp. atk. Nothing special but it just needs a couple of levels to be as good as most other special sweepers
>>
>>27178828
If you are importing mons, one of the Hitmons would be fun. Hitmonchan is incredible for playthroughs 4th gen and onwards.
>>
>>27179059
Nah, just playing through all the games backwards before Sun and Moon come out. I wanted to try new mons.
>>27179150
Never used any of the hitmons, I might as well try 'em out.

As for me, I'll recommend Victreebel. It hits surprisingly hard.
>>
I've played through ruby the most out of any video game. There's tons of under rated mons throughout.
Personally. I would suggest all the Big and dark types. Really, mono-type runs are fun. Other than that, Off the top of my head, I would say Grumpig, Swalot, Spinda, Macargo, Exploud are all fun to use. And really all of the dark types, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, the whole lot.
>>
>>27179433
I've always enjoyed giving myself a tyrogue and just rolling with whatever it becomes

Emolga ended up being a favorite of mine after it dumpstered everything in an egglocke run. It's a handy little guy
>>
Carbink is surprisingly good in XY. I used it on my main team, and wrecked house by tanking hits and dishing out moonblasts. Officially my 6th favourite pokemon now because of this!
>>
>>27178828
Vespiquen and Muchlax in Platinum were fun to use, but I don't know if you want to wait at least a day to get two team members

Shellos and Bronzor are cool too. I never see either of those on in-game teams, probably because Bronzor is a steel-type Zubat and Shellos is slow.
>>
>>27178828
Defensive Mons but maybe that's just me because I tend to love slow Defensive stuff and also shit like prankster.
Bought a 3ds recently and finished x for the first time with a pretty balancedly underleveled (highest was 53 at the start of e4) Team because I hate the new xpshare and refused to use it. My e4 Heroes were bulky Storm Drain Gastrodon, Leech Seed Chesnaught, Twave/wisp/confuseray Rotom and Aegislash. Also used Mega-Aero and Tyrantrum, and while I like them both designwise I found them pretty boring and always had to force myself to Battle with them.

Was fun, but Im looking forward to ORAS now, where I plan to breed a Prankster Sabley and make it my main pokemon.
>>
>>27182401
>Shellos
Can confirm, I tried it and it became my favorite mon in this run >>27182634 was pretty underwhelmed with it statwise at first but it surprised me with the god-tier typing and usefulness of Storm Drain. They also added (?) this cute, weird slippery sound to it's Cry. Total bro.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.