[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is it so expensive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.jpg (114KB, 792x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
114KB, 792x1017px
how is it so expensive?
>>
File: 1468299057682.jpg (89KB, 618x962px) Image search: [Google]
1468299057682.jpg
89KB, 618x962px
Because it's in high demand.
>>
How much could I get for just the cart?
>>
File: Carlos_Ramon.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_Ramon.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
Because people want a lot of Gold for it.
>>
File: 4890758934.jpg (8KB, 236x172px) Image search: [Google]
4890758934.jpg
8KB, 236x172px
>>27175827
i'd have to sell my soul to get that much gold
>>
>>27175664
oh wow the price spiked up. Diamond/Pearl also had a huge price increase. Pokemon games are just in right now.
>>
>>27175859
Get a job and stop being a poorfag
>>
>>27175664
>My country still sells it for $40 on some obscure stores
>People gave me shit when I tried selling it for $100
>>
>>27175925
>Not getting the joke
>>
>>27175859
One of these days carlos
>>
>>27175814
Seconding this question
>>
>>27175925
When senpai doesnt get the reference
>>
>>27175814
I got mine for $40
>>
>>27175664
>>
>>27175664
Because it's the favourite for a huge chunk of people
>>
>>27175925

Get some common sense and stop being autistic.
>>
>>27175664
I've gone over this many times, and the answer is simply that people are retarded. Someone sold it for more than it was worth and someone bought it for more than it was worth, and it has spiralled out of control since then.

There is little to no logic actually involved here. The aforementioned is literally the only reason. These games sold over 11 million units. They are not in short supply, and you can see this when you look on sites such as eBay. But because people have decided to start charging fuckwit prices, and fuckwits who want them have decided there is no cheaper option and bought at those prices, we now have this fucked-up problem.

Want proof? Have a look at the price of ALL western Pokemon games. They're extremely expensive. Now compare them to their Japanese counterparts. The Japanese versions are much cheaper. Now, whilst the Japanese versions would technically be in lower demand, they are also in shorter supply - there are many more copies of Pokemon games in English (and other European languages) as opposed to Japanese.

Of course, Pokemon Go isn't helping with the demand, but once all the normies buy these games, then realise they don't care about them a few weeks later, they'll be back online and probably for the same price or more, because normies can't into pricing.

Honestly, the rules of supply and demand don't apply here, except in the case of Pokemon Go. The rules SHOULD apply, but because fuckwits keep buying these games at these prices, sellers increase the prices. The demand hasn't increased (except, again, from Pokemon Go). I don't have any diagrams or such, but I've been watching the price trends on these games over several years now, and they have been up pretty much year over year, with them always selling at the highest price they're listed for and therefore allowing others to continue listing them at even higher prices.

TL;DR they will continue to be expensive until autistic fuckheads stop buying them at these prices.
>>
What would you guys consider a fair price? Fifty bucks?

I actually own a copy of HeartGold that's in perfect shape (the game cart and the box itself, still have all of the inserts that came with it too), only thing is that the Pokewalker's front screen (or rather the plastic in front of it) has two somewhat deep scratches.

Back in the day they sold replacement casings, wouldn't know whether that's something that would be available without ordering it from Asia nowadays though.

Anyway, I wanted to sell it for a while now, but never actually got around to it.

With Pokemon suddenly becoming relevant again it seems like a perfect time to actually get my shit together and put it on eBay/Amazon, but I don't wanna ask for too much.

Or should I just put it out there with no minimum amount on the purchase and hope for the best?

Thoughts?
>>
>>27177430
kek
>>
File: 1468310159019.png (66KB, 233x232px) Image search: [Google]
1468310159019.png
66KB, 233x232px
>>27175925
>He doesn't know what the fuck is going on, but acts like a dick to preserve his image on an anonymous image board
>>
>>27175664
I imagine that the price would drop if Gamefreak allows players to collect apricorn balls in Sun & Moon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.