[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 318x159px
Which Pokemon battle in the main series game was the hardest? I think the hardest was this awesome team, but what do you think?
>>
File: Jupiter.png (63KB, 593x487px) Image search: [Google]
Jupiter.png
63KB, 593x487px
I'd say Jupiter's first battle in Platinum.

Skuntank's Night Slash hits almost everything you can use by then pretty hard and it's a pretty strong Pokemon considering how early in the game it is imo.

Her Zubat also got me by surprise once and got my Geodude with Giga Drain.
>>
File: worse than hitler.png (224KB, 645x480px) Image search: [Google]
worse than hitler.png
224KB, 645x480px
>>
File: 432Purugly.png (98KB, 690x754px) Image search: [Google]
432Purugly.png
98KB, 690x754px
The Galactic Purugly at Valley Windworks, gives me some trouble during Nuzlockes, have lost some good team members.

Morty's Gengar in GSC.

Cyrus' Weavile gave me some trouble too.
>>
>>27172075
Barely survived that one in my Nuzlocke
>>
>>27172105
definitely the Frontier Brains

OHKO moves kill at least one of yours, their slowmons always get a quick claw
>>
hardest 1st champion battle, sure. All of those mons were legit threats in gen IV
>>
File: 1455196748189.jpg (102KB, 603x625px) Image search: [Google]
1455196748189.jpg
102KB, 603x625px
I would love to know how many people got destroyed by that level 16 Raticate on Red and Blue.
>>
Cynthia's battle was easy as fuck.

Only DPfags think otherwise.
>>
I dunno about anyone else, but Norman's Slakings were awful to my anus in R/S. I don't entirely remember if it was the same in Emerald.
>>
>>27172291
>>27172075
Sinnoh had some pretty fierce battles.
>>
What was it.. The 3rd gym in Silver/Gold/Crystal? The normal gym? That God damn MILTANK! Attract + Rollout made me irrate. Didn't realise as a kid that you could pick up a machop in a trade nearby and wax that gym.
>>
Watson, and the May battle on the route before.

I have played through RSE and ORAS countless times, and they always kick my ass.
>>
>>27172450
Even if you did that, Miltank had a higher base speed. If it could get an attract on you, your Machop just dies not being able to get a hit in thanks to stomp flinching.
>>
>>27172335
>>27172105
If I had to choose I'd say the Frontier Brains are definitely THE hardest trainers. I only ever get gold on the Battle Tower brain

>>27172388
...but I'm also tempted to say one of the early Gen 1 rival battles is one of the hardest too. As a kid I got my ass beat on Nugget Bridge
>>
>>27172464
Sounds like you're choosing Treeko or something. May and Watson are super easy if you picked Mudkip because Grovyle is weak to all the flying types you get up to that point and Watson can do fuckall to Marshtomp.
>>
File: Red_at_Mt_Silver.png (16KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Red_at_Mt_Silver.png
16KB, 256x192px
a contender for sure
i chuckled when i saw the 80+ pika
>>
>>27172397
Pretty much.

I'd say Lance in Gen 4 is the hardest.
>>
>>27172489
Yea the Timing on nugget bridge sucked... Butt's (whoever named him Gary?) type advantage took center stage in that fight.
>>
>>27172105
Swampert pretty much wrecks her, but yes the Frontier Brains are very relevant to this thread. I miss them.
>>
>>27172397
>>27172397
Nah man, she's easily the hardest champion not counting rematches. I didn't play DP but I played Platinum several times, and she was always tough.Every single pokemon of her team has a way to fuck you up if you're not ready for her. In nuzlockes if you want your whole team to survive you either plan every single move ahead or overlevel the shit out of your team to face her.
>>
File: image.png (3KB, 128x64px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3KB, 128x64px
Aunt Jemima in B/W 1.

No gym battle should force you to deal with 90 and 140 base power moves that early in the game. That shit puts RBY Misty to shame.
>>
>>27171994
>>27172397
Steven is harder, especially in Emerald.
>>
>>27172508
>Lance in gen 4
Say that to fucking Gatr that sweeps his entire team with ease.
>>
>>27172075
She pretty much ended my first Platinum nuzlocke.
>>
File: 250px-171Lanturn.png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-171Lanturn.png
33KB, 250x250px
>>27172508
>ice beam
Even made Red a joke.
>>
>>27172505
I don't know about you guys, but Red's team was never a threat to me. Then again, I was using mons like Girantina I imported from Platinum.
>>
>>27172105
Her Recover Milotic was pretty brutal too
But it gave me my love for Shuckle
>>
>>27172690

>use overpowered legendaries in-game
>it's not hard!

holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>27172718
actually I think my only legendary on that team was Girantina. the rest were pokemon I got during the course of that game. No need to be so hostile
>>
File: Tate&LizaEmerald.png (47KB, 511x638px) Image search: [Google]
Tate&LizaEmerald.png
47KB, 511x638px
Recently did an emerald playthrough and these two actually gave me a challenge. The light screens+sunny days make it so you can't spam surf to sweep through their team and the calm mind users can both get set up easily. Also for some reason there's a huge level gap between them and the trainers in their gym.
>>
>>27172075
Then
>Special moves
>Coverage and strategy
>Underleveled evos
>Holding Berry
Now
>Level up moves only
>Sometimes less than 4 moves
>Holding Megastone at best
>Even worse AI
Did I miss something?
>>
>>27172799
I forgot Tate & Liza had four Pokémon.
>>
>>27172811
>Did I miss something?
Fucking Battle Girls and Black Belts in caves.
>actually good coverage, no level-up move bullshit
>actually good AI to abuse said coverage
>actually good 'mons to abuse said coverage, like Sawk and Hawlucha in the early game
Dunno why the actually important battles were such cakewalks, the generic NPCs in XY are the hardest they've ever been which means jackshit, but that Reflecting Cave Hawlucha was something else.
>>
>>27172811
They literally regressed back to gen 1-tier shit.
Either that or they actually did it on purpose to capture the same feel.
>>
>>27172881
>lance's dragonite comes back
>has wing attack, hyper beam, and fucking barrier again
>>
>>27172866
Only in emerald, in RS andthe remakes they only had Solrock and Lunatone
>>
>>27172877
Yes, Black Belts and Battle Girls are the exception. Maybe they felt guilty for nerfing fighting types in Gen VI.
>>
>>27172631
Retaliate tore my anus open
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.