[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: 1463397574080.png (568KB, 900x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1463397574080.png
568KB, 900x1650px
/vpwt/: Bird orb Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>26985389

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: For writers, how do you go about introducing absolutely new elements/terminology in your story? How do you react when you see these new terms if you are a reader?
>>
File: frillish_by_xchima_d6e1vrd.png (471KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
frillish_by_xchima_d6e1vrd.png
471KB, 900x506px
Updated fics:

Strikeflah's Pokemon flash platinum chapter 5:
http://pastebin.com/9RQ5gkup

Male Florges updated chapter 1:
http://pastebin.com/dtMs23MX
>>
By the by, if you guys made a fic here, be sure to submit it into the catalog to help spice it up. Sfw or not, as long as you label it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBrvUbK_pBmFu5kbOzBqhmYYOJLQvKhMp031UtsoQpWXbmjw/viewform?c=0&w=1
>>
File: Chryssalid.gif (12KB, 155x200px) Image search: [Google]
Chryssalid.gif
12KB, 155x200px
So what would a Pokémon terror unit be like? Something that can really fuck shit up and show everyone who's boss?
>>
>>27163218
>Pokemon terror unit
You mean like a machine that could counter pokemon?
I'd imagine it would be like mechanized versions of the Pokemon like Mecha Tyranitar in BW2, enhanced specifically to counter that particular pokemon it's based on.
>>
>>27163218
Something with an emphasis on capture and containment could be more suited for pokemon
>>
>>27163191
Contributed The Human Species. Never submit passwords through Google Forms.

>>27163218
Something that can't be very easily stopped by the hundreds of trainers nearby. So probably something operating in secret, maybe a Diglett digging tunnels and caving in a few buildings?
>>
>>27163218
A few ideas come to mind. The purpose is to put others in fear, correct? That's what terrorism is all about. You can accomplish that a variety of ways. Sheer strength is one, but don't forget severing the bond between trainers and their Pokemon is another available avenue.

For instance: a really strong pokemon with some serious enhancements - mechanical, genetic, or perhaps just jacked-up on a whole lot of steroids - could be the centerpiece of a terror unit.

On the other hand you can have the threat be something more focused on breaking the bonds between people and Pokemon. This could be a container type of threat like what >>27164904 said. Maybe even mind control or something similar that turns the tables on the characters in a dramatic way by forcing them to face each other.
>>
I've always sort of wondered how a "OPM" scenario would work for a Pokemon setting. Like a trainer and his team have reached a level of strength where there's very little challenge left in the average trainer they'd and is trying to find a new purpose while still trying to aim for the league to get to fight those strong trainers that would still provide a challenge.
>>
>>27165525
a OPM variation of a trainer would already have the trainer already beaten the league...many times.

Either that or that they were unaware that a league registration for anyone was a thing until it was much later
>>
>>27163218
>>27165435
>Pokémon terrorism

It depends on who you want to terrorize - here I presume societal terrorism, rather than aiming at specific people.

But if what you want to go for the "bond between humans and Pokémon" buzzwords, then one of the simplest "hard to counter" approach is to of course target the children. They are the ones who build up the bond for their culture, after all. A device that impairs cross-species communication, imparting a Babel effect across the Training marketplace, would do wonders, because the effect would be almost instantly noticeable in the legalized battle setting, and would lead to perilous if fatal results in wilderness settings.

Don't boher attacking the Starter program, it's too localized. Attack schools and their education programs instead, after all children don't go into the wilderness knowing nothing about Pokémon - inject some Intelligent Design style crap in there and create conflict between schools and parents.

Don't bother going mind control, it's too narrow-scoped in a world where we also presumably have things such as cross-species emphatic sensing and communication (empathy is a different thing than mind processing, and could very easily interfere with it). Instead, given the powers Pokémon have, aim for some sort of semantic-based localized reality warping, subtly altering aspects of reality so that for example people "have" to be more violent by definition.
>>
File: Ledian.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ledian.png
44KB, 250x250px
>>
>>27167635
I'm a fan, wrote a short story about one of those things owning a café and getting btfo because dem stats
>>
>>27168146
link?
>>
>>27168370
1st chapter of this

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6473378/1/Forever-Legendary

and then this thing, a few years later

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8773372/4/Mewthree-s-Christmas-Carol
>>
File: 260.jpg (90KB, 759x1053px) Image search: [Google]
260.jpg
90KB, 759x1053px
Has anyone gotten around to starting the Anti-Greninja fag X Greninja Lewdfic yet?
>>
>>27169204
Probably not. It's rare for someone to actively take requests, and those that do don't usually last for long.
>>
>>27169204
you might want to keep it around if the bully anon ever comes back
>>
>>27168524
She's seems cute, ifba bit haughty. Now if only ledian gets more love like this...
>>
>>27167635
>tfw waiting an eternity for a cute story of a ledian and her cool trainer bonding
Suffering
>>
>>27165525

Basically most players by the time they reach the endgame.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 400x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 400x409px
Hey guys I wrote a fanon Pokédex entry on Skrelp and Dragalge if that's your kind of thing, check out the entry by Commander_Ysenir at the bottom of the page.

This is the first time I'm doing this so feedback is super welcome. Also I know there's typos don't bother pointing it out

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=rmvjixctp256gfq3p86y66ma&page=329
>>
>>27175588
...and then they get involved with online matches
>>
>>27161680
where have all the bully writers gone?
>>
Kinda-future Orre ethically-questionable adventure of science man?
I need a new fic to work on soon, and the other ideas I have stocked up are of dead franchises that have no thread anywhere to post in.
>>
>>27176974
One is trapped by his new job
>>
>>27179241
How ethically questionable are you going?
>>
>>27176974
Dunno. I've been lurking and waiting since his appearance here though. He's been gone for a good while too, so it's a bit disappointing. Maybe next spring
>>
Finally finished this long chapter

http://pastebin.com/q1vg8ZKm
>>
>>27183380
>long chapter
Lo, 1150 words is "long."
>>
File: 1444266369293 - Copy.jpg (103KB, 891x562px) Image search: [Google]
1444266369293 - Copy.jpg
103KB, 891x562px
A-anybody have some Delphox smut? It's for a friend...
>>
>>27184823
a while back some guy made a delphox smut piece based off some prompt. Don't remember the details, but I still think it's readable.

Try it out. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/SVQRBTep
>>
>>27185163
>Her face is redder than her dress
Shaving fetish out of nowhere.
>>
>>27185163
Shit, that's actually okay, kinda short though. Does that anon have any more?
>>
>>27185261
The author has two more under his pastebin name, but I don't think he has anymore, and their both SFW, albeit a bit suggestive. I don't think he comes around here anymore either, unless he turned into a lurker
>>
>>27180920
Not sure yet. I've never been this quite torn over what to write next, so I only have vague ideas to start from. I'm thinking "corporate competition with the Pokken region forces Regulam to start importing science-men and going down on sketchy research involving megas that would dangerously scrape above the surface of Cipher" kind of questionable.

It feels good as a prompt, there's plenty I can do with it, but god damn do I wish there was any spark of Guild Wars 1 interest anywhere around here. I could sperg out so hard.
>>
>>27185951
GW1 was legit.

What you have on your hands is an interesting premise; no doubt it will require a substantial amount of preparation to effectively articulate the implications of these so-called "questionable ethics". My advice would be to try and frame on paper a few characters that will be impacted by these various corporate decisions before actually writing. Ask yourself: How will they differ? What will they have in common? Why will any of this matter to a reader? You could start out generic and then let the development of the story address the specifics, but a little planning ahead really goes a long way based on experience.

Who knows, you might find your spark along the way. Good luck!
>>
>>27184502
I try to keep them shorter than 900 words.
>>
>>27187071
Huh. How come such a short length? Preference?
>>
>>27185255
have you ever heard of the expression ' we need to go redder?'
>>
>>27189292
No.
>>
>>27189726
Good because I just made it up.
A shaved phox's face does bring out a bit of curiosity in me now though...
>>
>>27184823
https://www.fanfiction.net/search.php?ready=1&keywords=delphox&categoryid=0&genreid1=0&genreid2=0&languageid=0&censorid=4&statusid=0&type=story&match=&sort=&ppage=1&characterid1=0&characterid2=0&characterid3=0&characterid4=0&words=0&formatid=0

Pray and hope the story you pick will do
>>
I fininshed the chapter! Sorry if it took too long. Here's a link to chapter 1
http://pastebin.com/pN14kXp1

I'm sorry if the chapter is short I just don't want any of you guy think I'm dead.

Anyway,
Review it and tell your thoughts about it

>Criticisms
An advice would be helpful!

>What are your thoughts on the plot
I want to try my best to make this story interesting and intriguing.

>Characters
Are they interesting, funny, boring, generic, unique, cringe worthy?

>What Ideas YOU have in mind of the story?
It's nice that one guy thought of something new, but at the same time it's harder for him to flesh out his original story. But luckily You guys might have something in mind that I haven't thought of!

>Grammars, spelling errors, and imagine the setting of a certain place.

The more mistakes people point out to me:
The more the improvements!
>>
>>27191715
While the subject matter doesn't particularly interest me (no fault of yours, I'm just not into the premise), the grammar did.

Grammar issues that particularly stand out:
Mind your "theirs" (possessive) and "there's" (indicative)
Mind the tenses of your verbs. You are using the present and past interchangeably, and at times you are using using the infinitive when your verb should be whatever tense you intend to have the entire work written in.
Drop the constant use of ellipses. They are indeed used to indicate pauses in reported speech, but using them constantly makes your prose an eyesore to read and it becomes very distracting. Elect to employ an ellipsis when it would genuinely lend more to the conversation than something like: There was a long pause before he finally responded, "Yes, I agree."

Finally, there are words you've omitted in places and as I said before, verbs you aren't properly setting to past tense (or present, however you decide to write) and here is an example:

"but he always have to remind himself that despite her crush she still a jerk."

would read better as:

"but he always had to remind himself that despite her crush on him, she was still a jerk."

That's it for now; as I said, there's a fair chunk that has to be fixed up, but going over all of it is unreasonable for a 1500 character limit post.
>>
>>27185951
We've seen people use pokemon for experiments...why not one that ends up mixing humans into their shenanigans?
>>
>>27193036
Because the competition found in Ferrum revolves around the specific bond between a single pokemon and its human, while Realgam is basically the international league of double battles. Really, the truest course of action for them is figuring out how to have two pokemon mega-evolve one another in the middle of the battle, rather than the traditional human-pokemon relationship.
>>
>>27192317
Thank you. Appreciated. But have I improved compared the prologue? Or Am I still in the same hole?
>>
File: 1445470947814 - Copy.png (471KB, 492x816px) Image search: [Google]
1445470947814 - Copy.png
471KB, 492x816px
>>27185475
Shame, I kinda like those short ones.
>>27191012
Risky business, that. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121791/1/Forgiveness-Hiatus-Cooming-back-soon
>>
Last minute salvation bump
>>
File: 1463610705623.png (427KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463610705623.png
427KB, 1600x1200px
>>27196908
Livin on the edge
>>
>>27193104
>multi megavolution
How shrewd. You may as well have one guy try synchro evolution with 3 other pokemon or something
>>
>>27188219
yep, just preference.
>>
>>27164995
A zoroark sleeper cell army could do
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.