[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live Action Pokemon Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Lets be real. With Legendary Pictures eyes currently set on acquiring the Pokemon rights, a live action movie is literally inevitable.

If you were in charge, how would you personally make sure the movie is as good as it can possibly be? Hard Mode: While still making amazing box office numbers.

I'll post my idea in the next post.
>>
Gamefreak can just say no

Nintendo can also say no
>>
If they make some fucking gritty bullshit I am going to vomit
>>
File: you what.jpg (55KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
you what.jpg
55KB, 500x400px
>>27158066
It it actually happened; which is doubtful, it would have based off of generation one, because let's be honest, no one will fucking watch it if it's anything else.

Other than that; just make it like origins or something, hell if I know, just don't make it edgy. Darkest it should get is with Team Rocket.

It's gonna be really fucking hard to make this good if it's live action with CGI.
>>
>>27158066
Lots and lots of cute pokegirls.
>>
>>27158066
from what i'd heard it's a bunch of studios courting nintendo for the rights, not just legendary and there have been shit with max landis teasing on twitter for like a year that he was writing the script for a live action pokemon movie.
>>
>>27158066
Lots and lots of balls jokes
>>
If they do, it will be Dragonball Z live action movie all over again... only with pokemon
>>
>>27158093
except that they're actually communicating with these studios who are fronting lots of bucks for the rights to a live action movie, so it's more along the lines of which studio are they turning down.
>>
File: HNI_0010.jpg (26KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0010.jpg
26KB, 400x240px
>>27158160
>It's gonna be really fucking hard to make this good if it's live action with CGI.
Yes.

But,
>if it's live action with CGI
they certainly aren't going to hire Jim Henson studios or invest in animatronics, so... yeah, green screen CGI, the industry de facto standard.

The hardest part is putting things like pic related next to a real human... Pokemon by default have shit for texture detail. They're supposed to look like cartoons. Even the higher-res Pokken models aren't terribly lifelike... but that's probably as good as we could get.

Make Pokemon too realistic and they cease to be Pokemon.
>>
>>27158066
Who should direct?
>>
>>27158066
a trans nigger ash travelling the region tumblora in his quest to defeat the straight white men elite 4. the film ends in real life, with that ash died by medical assistance after his brain dead got worse. pokemon is just a coping mechanism. directed by m shyamalan, or zack snyder for more subtle symbolism approach
>>
File: tumblr_lvmd8z8EGM1qagp6yo1_500.jpg (97KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvmd8z8EGM1qagp6yo1_500.jpg
97KB, 500x688px
If they really wanted the movie to make as much money as possible while also being as good as possible it would need

>Only prominently feature Gen 1 and 2 pokemon
If Pokemon Go taught us anything, its that normies love pokemon as long as its THEIR pokemon. The movie needs to pander to nostalgiafags just as hard (or not hard) as GO did. Even if that means only including pokemon from their childhood. Obviously future gens should still be in the movie, but as either background decorations or at most pokemon belonging to minor characters

>Create a perfect mix between the video games and the anime
As everyone knows, the anime and video games have completely different fandoms a lot of the time. I really don't know anybody offline who both watches the anime and plays the games. Thats why the best solution is to mix together aspects from both to create a definitive pokemon story. If it was up to me:
>Main character is named Red instead of Ash
>Despite this, the rivals name is still Gary, and Jessie and James are still the main villains of Team Rocket
>His starter is a Charmander, but he has to take on the burden of taking care of Pikachu at the request of Professor Oak
>Brock and Misty are both main characters, but are originally Gym Leaders before traveling with Red to bring down Team Rocket
>Hit a lot of the games main notes with scenes like a sleeping snorelax blocking the path, etc

Also, the most obvious one,
>Age most of the characters up to around 16 or 17
>>
>>27158066

Just because Nintendo is planning to make movies doesnt mean we'll get live action

They are pushing for 2D More, which Pokemon already does in a regular basis

They can't get Pokemon Movie rights because Gamefreak already makes Pokemon Movies
>>
File: whenucumbutshestilsuckn.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
whenucumbutshestilsuckn.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>>27158066
>legendary Pictures movie
Could you imagine a pokemon movie directed by Del Toro? with the costume designer and cinematography of hellboy?
>>
Animated
Similar to Break-it-Bern instead of going full edge

Titans of the Pacific-esque is the most "gritty" i would accept, and making it a "Grimm tales for teens" movie would blow on their faces

Also
>Implying this isn't a Legendary poster surveing for ideas
No, we won't do your work
>>
I feel like there's no possible Pokemon could work in live action without the movie being really disturbing.
>>
>>27158389
>normies love pokemon as long as its THEIR pokemon.
this is fucking exactly why I hate go so much, I want to kill myself every time I hear the phrase "original 151"
>>
>>27159142
>I want to kill myself every time I hear the phrase "original 151"

why?
>>
>>27159142
But, they are, in fact, the original 151.
If you really wanna get anal about it, I guess the glitch mon count as 151+, but they're still the original whether you like it or not.
>>
>>27159142
Just be grateful that they aren't saying original "150." I don't know why, but that drives me further up the goddamn wall than it really ought to.

That said, Pokemon always seems to trigger that very particular strand of autism hiding deep inside all of us.
>>
>>27158304
Just like those Zelda movies, right?
>>
>>27158321
>Make Pokemon too realistic and they cease to be Pokemon.

Underrated post.
This is a really good point honestly.
>>
Didn't we already have a thread about this, wherein anons highlighted the best and worst that could possibly happen? I'm bracing for the worst myself.
>>
>>27159184
If people just would just admit they prefer the original 150 because they were around during their childhood and it's a nostalgia thing, I'd be fine. But the attitude is nearly always coupled with "the new pokemon suck!" and general ignorance of anything in the franchise outside of the gen 1 anime and first couple movies.
>>
>>27158066
1. Don't fucking make it about Ash
2. Don't have pokemon saying their names
Just these two things and I'll be happy
>>
>>27160095
Yeah, "if I have no interest in something, that means it sucks".

Turns out people are the same no matter their powerlevel.
>>
>>27159281
It was literally designed by an autist, to be the biggest autistic trap ever conceived. Incessantly cataloging fictional animals is literally the core of what the game is about.
>>
File: 1430365016542.jpg (376KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1430365016542.jpg
376KB, 1920x1200px
>Its a film about a Magby, Elekid, and Ralts getting separated from their parents in the forest
>No humans and no dialogue
>Just three kids becoming friends and adventuring in the forest until they find their parents
>Made by Pixar

Would you watch it?
>>
name 1

>1

Movie based on a game that was good

you can't
>>
>>27158478
Do you really want Doug Jones dressed as a Mr. Mime, anon?
>>
>>27160311
The Game.
>>
>>27160351
Fuck I just lost the Game
>>
>>27160311
Silent Hill
>Pyramid Head
Oh, right.

Warcraft
>story
Ah.

Super Mario Bros.?
>...

I have hope in Assassin's Creed and Half-Life.
>>
>>27160346
Yeah.
>>
>>27160351
>>27160366
Jesus Christ. I rarely say this, but I want reddit to leave.
>>
>>27160269
>Made by Pixar
>Would you watch it?
I'd be tempted to, but Disney has gone full-blown SJW cancer and they'd just ruin it.

Moreover, a Pixar-style movie is not live action.

>>27160154
>1. Don't fucking make it about Ash
>2. Don't have pokemon saying their names
This.

>>27159775
Thank you.
>>
>>27160311
Prince of Persia was an okay action flick.
>>
>>27160764

Yeah but good
>>
You can't really.

On one hand, you can either appeal to the hardcore Pokemon fanbase, featuring more than just Gen 1 mons and a few inside jokes, but that would drive away the normie side of the coin, which will most likely lead to some poor box office numbers. Just look at Ratchet and Clank, they didn't even get back their budget.

Or you can pull a Pokemon Go by appealing to the normie's sense of nostalgia by only having it about Kanto and it starting Ash, but then you'd drive away some of the core fanbase after not showing their favorite region any love or appealing to their wants. It's a double edged sword.

Plus it's gonna be pretty tough to create a nice looking CGI Pokemon, I think >>27158321 said it best with their closing statement.
>>
Pokemon version of Enchanted. Ash comes to the real world then starts aging.
>>
>>27160351
Fuck...
>>
>>27161080

>supporting characters house
>first scene
>rotom is fucking with the electronics

I'd like it
>>
>>27158066
Movie about Yellow trying to find out what happened to Red after he won the Championship.

Yellow starts off as the loli tomboy childhood friend to Red.

She grows up watching Red on the TV winning the championship and soon afterwards follows in his footsteps to become a Pokemon Master.

The urge to become a Pokemon Master when Red suddenly disappears and cuts off all contact with her.

The climax of the plotline will be Yellow finding Red and have her feelings clash with Red's current feelings.
>>
>>27161182

Terrible, not enough normie pandering. Bad sales and no money
>>
>>27161182
This is actually has potential to appeal to fans and normies
>childhood bff do all things children do and are happy in sunshine and bright colors everywhere
>they swear to become strongest trainer there is
>teenager - Yellow focuses on school while Red really pathed his way to become Champion
>Yellow watches her bff become Pokémon Master
>she remembers their promise
>the moment she starts her journey Red disappears, not even his mother knows where he went
>70% of the movie pass by where she fights trainers and gyms while the movie gives hints where Red might have gone
>Yellow finally meets Red
>they talk about feelings and stuff
>epic battle
>a joke at the end
>credits

Though I think if the movie was actually based on a game, they would make a story about a rival team and a legendary.
>>
File: chickenhead.png (112KB, 272x342px) Image search: [Google]
chickenhead.png
112KB, 272x342px
>>27159142
>Go players that don't recognize Pokemon like Goldeen and Tangela.
>>
>>27159142
So basically what you are saying is that you are extremely insecure and don't like people who were enjoying Pokemon at a time when you were either not alive yet or too young to appreciate?
>>
>>27158066
>how would you personally make sure the movie is as good as it can possibly be?
Centre the story around loli pokemon trainers with the occasional upskirt shot.
>While still making amazing box office numbers.
Add explosions and shit I guess.
>>
Would it work in the style of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
>>
>>27158066
As long as we get tie in events and cool marketing campaigns I'm all for it... That's the whole reason I like Pokemon, the way they promote and market brings unmatched hype
>>
It can't be done and no one should try.

You'll either end up with a film about a bunch of brightly coloured animals shooting fire and lightning all over the place that are so far removed from what pokemon actually look like it wouldn't even be a pokemon movie anymore. Or you'll have a jarring separation between live action actors and completely out of place CGI cartoon animals that you could only get away with in the 90s.

A different style of animation would work, full CGI might work, live action is setting fire to a pile of money.
>>
>>27158066
>yfw they create a completely new Pokemon to be the enemy for the movie and then shoehorn it into the next main games, anime, Smash, side games, Mario Kart, Star Fox, and Wii Sports.
>>
File: Arrowtounge hunting prey.jpg (173KB, 1280x701px) Image search: [Google]
Arrowtounge hunting prey.jpg
173KB, 1280x701px
>>27158478
>Wayne Barlowe, Guy Davis, Simon Lee, and Allen Williams designing pokemon
I am not sure how to feel.
>>
If it happens there's only one way it will be done

>Ash begins his adventure
>Meets and defeats Brock
>Team Rocket attempt to steal Pikachu
>meets and defeats Misty
>loses to Surge
>we learn Team Rocket is trying to capture MewTwo
>Montage of Ash defeating the gym leaders
>Giovanni isn't the final gym leader
>Goes to E4, it's a tournament style
>In the final, Giovanni and Team Rocket start destroying the world with MewTwo
>Ash and Co.attempt to stop them
>In their darkest hour, Mew appears to save them
>"well I'm glad that's all over. Hey weren't we having a Pokemon battle?"
>"PIKAAAAA"
>I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST

This is realistic as it panders very specifically to all the genwunners and keeps it brain dead levels of simplicity that American blockbusters are always at. Anyone going for anything more complex/rooted in the games/ with anything but Gen 1 is delusion if they're trying to create something that would be realistically created.

Also Giovanni is a woman, Brock is a gay version of his anime character (think Scott Pilgrims gay roommate) and Misty is Ash's love interest.
>>
>>27158066
It has to be traditional style animation/live-action mix like Who framed Rodger Rabbit.

If it's CGI or anything less it'll be terrible.

They should try a television series with hour long episodes instead of a movie.
>>
>>27164511
We're trying to create a realistic one. It will be CGI cos it's low effort, cheap and the industry standard.
>>
File: 1364870340035.png (2MB, 1597x896px) Image search: [Google]
1364870340035.png
2MB, 1597x896px
>>27164529
Trying to make Pokemon realistic, grim, and edgy would be a disaster and backfire.
You're not going to pull off another Avatar.
Give the people what they want which is Pokemon. Not some autistic manchild wetdream CGI shitfest.

>cos it's low effort, cheap and the industry standard.
literally everything wrong with the movie industry in one sentence.
>>
>>27158066
...I'm sorry, I cannot come up with anything that the animated movies don't already do in some form, except being less about some climactic legendary battle and more about what the bond between humans and pokemon is really about. (via some ancient goobledegook)
>>
>>27158323
Lynch
>>
The only way I see a live-action Pokemon movie working is if it's a standalone story set after the mc is the Champion, there's simply not enough time to go through 8 badges, catching/evolving team members, several dungeons, an evil team arc, and the Pokemon League without it feeling like a soulless montage like with much of Origins.
>>
Just make it about professor Oak, or better, make it about the origins of Pokemon and humans.
>>
Retelling of RBY and GSC.
>>
>>27158066
Darkrai is voiced by the protag of Hatred and his goal is to kill the other 720 Pokemon, then kill himself.

The entire movie is just fight scenes between Darkrai and other legends, and at the end he gets taken down by genies.
>>
The movie will probably be Gen 1 only and also be kind of edgy.
Protagonist will be named Ash
>>
>>27158321
I want them to be cartoony and out of place, If pokemon were to exist IRL starting tomorrow you wouldnt want a gritty realistic version
>>
>>27158618
What in the fuck is Titans of the Pacific?
>>
>>27160311
I heard Pokemon The First Movie was successful :^)
>>
Adapt the pokemon special manga?
would be easier to put together a plot, it would provide all the nostalgia pandering and edge a general audience would need

anyone here see the jungle book? with that level of cgi in a pokemon movie i think it could work
>>
>>27158323
Tarantino
>>
>>27161444
And to add to that, there could be subtle appearances of other gen pokemon. For example, you can see Trevanents in the Viridian Forest, and Arons in the caves. Small enough to be cameos, and completely forgotten by normies; hell, might even spark an urge to go beyond Gen 1, but that's wishful thinking.
>>
>>27159775
Nah, there are some really good drawings of pokemon with more realistic texture, proportion and anatomy, nevermind that one guy who takes lots of artistic liberties
>>
>>27158066
>>27161182
If you do that idea, it'll be SJW Womyn trash with bad CGI
>>
they need tp make the pokemon full on realistic if they're doing live action. No out of place cartoony crap or the thing pokken does where they're still cartoony but have the gross realistic textures.
>>
>Andy Serkis does the motion capture for every pokemon
>>
>>27160960
What if the movie is about some guy living in a region where there's only "teh original 151" who then travels to a place where he gets to know all kinds of later pokemon, and the whole movie is about him learning that there's actually more than 151 pokemon.

You attract the core fanbase bc there's pokemon from all gens, and you attract the normies because it focuses partly on a world with the original 151 and then introduces pokemon from other gens. This way you'd also exploit the possibility of turning normies into hardcore fans.

SCREENCAP THIS
>>
>>27160311
Warcraft was decent.
>>
>>27168817
I really really really like this idea
>>
>First Pokemon film is similar to Pokémon Origins, following Red's Adventure through Kanto
>The sequel follows Ethan through Johto, defeating what is leftover from Team Rocket and Silver's dynamic with his father Giavonni
>The film ends when Gold learns of the former Pokémon Champion Red who dissappeared from Kanto to train across the world, and hasn't been seen since
>The third film of the trilogy is Ethan traveling through Kanto to learn more about Red, and discovers he may have returned
>The trilogy ends with Ethan finding Red upon the top of Mt. Tom, and a final battle between two Champions
>>
>>27158066
I like Legendary pictures monster designs so I think it'll be good in that sense. I think JJ Abrams (because he used a lot of practical effects in SW7) or Speilberg would make a good director. The story line would be the manga's story and have gen 1 pokemon plus ones from other gens.
>>
>>27158066
i'd post a thread on /vp/ asking about a hypothetical situation similar to the real one i would be facing at the time and go with the idea that is the least retarded.
>>
>>27170208
The story is catching monsters and battling them in a supernatural cockfight. Now give me $10 million or I sue.
>>
>>27158323
Brad Bird. He's proven he can do family and action movies of good quality. Or Rob Reiner, but I'd save him for an Earthbound movie if Nintendo goes MCU on us.
>>
>>27160311
Tomb Raider
>>
>>27158323
Michael Bay
>>
>>27162129
And space jam, yeah
That would look hella sick
>>
>>27169410
Kek
Thanks lori
>>
>>27158291
Everyone involved with the Dragonball franchise in Japan eventually justt said it was an awful disaster that would never happen again after years of politely coughing out terms like "different" and "interesting" and trying to not insult it outright.
>>
>>27158279
>max landis getting another big movie despite his string of bombs

The nepotism is real.
>>
Use Hoopa to make a Pokemon Space Jam.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.