[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 5 Experience System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1468126331153.png (51KB, 349x314px) Image search: [Google]
1468126331153.png
51KB, 349x314px
So I don't get it. In theory shouldn't the Gen 5 scaled experience system be the most beneficial way to gain experience?

For those who don't know you gained experience relative to the level difference and you were rewarded for defeated higher level Pokémon with a lower level.

Why was it done away with in Gen 6? I honestly thought it was one of the best things about Gen 5.
>>
I never even noticed.
>>
They did away with it because Exp. Share would make things too easy.

>b-but they could keep it and not add Exp. Share!

Yeah, but they wanted Exp. Share so the scaled experience had to go. Go figure.
>>
>>27157999
Nice trips.

Because people are idiots and complained about it most likely. There was probably whining that not being able to overlevel efficiently made the games too hard.

Sun and Moon look fantastic, but the exp system is just one other reason why Gen V is probably going to be Pokemon's pinnacle for me. I don't see GF reverting to its exp system.
>>
>>27158070
Same honestly. I hate to see things like that home after Gen 5 because it was and is honestly my favorite generation and I'm afraid that Pokémon will never get to that point again. It was doing such a good job maturing and then XY happened.

I just don't see the logic of reinventing the experience system and changing it back only the next generation though.
>>
>>27158070
Didn't people say that they use a scaled experience system in SM after we got to see the E3 gameplay?
>>
>>27160884
Really? I'd love to hear more about this.
>>
>>27160884
That'd be fucking great.
>>
>>27159658
ORAS's exp system is the same as gen V, as in your pokemon levels up very very slowly. The only difference is that ORAS gets XY's EXP share.
>>
>>27158055
>because Exp. Share would make things too easy.
Apparently they didn't give a single shit about the games being too easy this gen, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.
Just have both, problem solved. Are you stupid?
>>
>>27161443
>citation needed

Sure it's not shit experience yields Pokémon pre-Gen 4 had?
>>
>>27157999
Nothing about gen 5 was good, fuck off you already got roasted in the other thread.
>>
>>27161763
Not me

Also go fuck back off to your own thread you tasteless fucking nigger
>>
>>27161802
/vp/ already came to a consensus that gen 5 is the worst. I'm sorry you're in denial, but you are the minority here.
>>
File: LKBCs.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LKBCs.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>27157999
>someone actually made a thread on Gen 5's exp system
>someone actually acknowledged Gen 5's exp system

You...you might be my favorite person on /vp/.
>>
>>27160918
>>27161381
Neeever mind. Found it.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-vii-pok%C3%A9mon-sun-and-moon-new-info-post-5324.3549746/page-146#post-6854141
>>
>>27157999
>So I don't get it. In theory shouldn't the Gen 5 scaled experience system be the most beneficial way to gain experience?

Not for competitive and breeding fags who don't give a shit about the main game. They'd rather speed through it with overleveled mons.
>>
It definitely made Nuzlockes better. Lose a high leveled team member? Only have a level 20 in reserve? Throw a couple of the highest level Audino you can find at it and watch it gain 10 levels in two minutes.
>>
I need Gen VII to have Gen V EXP scaling but keep the EXP Share but now with a toggle for each pokemon.
>>
>>27161827
I can't call gen 5 the worst when it had so many great bug types.
>>
>>27162000
>try that in Gen VI, the pokemon you had to switch back to kill would stay too far ahead
>only way to prevent this is go to old areas and train it slowly with no switching.
>>
>>27162037
I just want the old exp share back under a different name. I won't want extra exp, I just want to control where half of the exp goes to.
>>
>>27161914
So consensus: positive?

I'm still combing the thread
>>
File: 1457520218489.jpg (11KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
1457520218489.jpg
11KB, 200x197px
>>27162464
Yup. That's 1 less worry I have about the level curve.
>>
File: 1467081700563.png (113KB, 364x336px) Image search: [Google]
1467081700563.png
113KB, 364x336px
>>27162503
Truly this is a joyous day indeed
>>
I always thought that the exp system was a nice touch, but overall kind of frustrating. For example, it made you grind SO much more for gyms and the e4. You basically had to rely on audino and lucky eggs when gearing up for the e4 because, even with a team of just five, beating every trainer still wasn't enough to get you to a good level.

I'm one of the few who I feel enjoyed the exp changes in gen 6. Sure, the exp share overlevelled you, but if you didn't use it, the games weren't any easier than any of the other games. Plus, every pokemon who participated in the battle gets full exp instead of split, making training up weaker pokemon so much faster. As someone who has living dexes in every gen, that's something I can appreciate.
>>
>>27157999
this has been the case in every single pokemon game ever.
>>
>>27158055
>scaled XP and EXP share would be too easy

Are you actually dumb? How the hell would the combination of the two make the game too easy, and not HARDER.
>>
Fuck black and white sucked. They had to add audino just to fix their shitty exp system . Fighting the same pokemon over and over is boring as fuck
>>
>>27162874
>he grinds to the enemy levels
stop that. don't you want a challenge?
>>
>>27157999
It put kids who powerlevel just their starter at a huge disadvantage since they'd be missing out on all that bonus XP.
>>
>>27157999
While I genuinely like the experience point system in Gen V, it made the post-game a bit of a slog, especially when a lot of the good final evolutions were at insanely high levels. I'd love to see it brought back, but there need to be areas with insanely high level wild Pokemon to balance it out.
>>
>>27163505
I never had to grind Audino in BW or BW2.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.