[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: comparison.png (654KB, 880x600px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
654KB, 880x600px
Explain.
>>
>>27154300
They're both bad
>>
>>27154300
Naw they are both shit
>>
They're both good

(spoiler alert: people have differing tastes)
>>
Hugly's design suits its concept.

Chesnaught's design is almost good, but strangely stiff, like he's got a coat hanger stuffed in his shell keeping his arms propped up.
>>
>>27154357
Almost like the tank/knight Pokemon is in a defensive stance? But yeah, it's pretty rigid/weird-looking.

On the note of Chesnaught being shit or not, my only real gripe is that his legs don't have some armor. Gets way more hate than it deserves though.

Red panda is total garbage, but I'll warm up to it.
>>
>>27154300
Bear encompasses its design concept perfectly and flawlessly. Any additions to its design would be overdesign.

Shitnaught is an overdesigned piece of garbage with the worst typing, worst fanbase and worst everything.
>>
>>27154300
im pretty sure the evolution is gonna look badass
>>
>>27154300
Neither are particularly great. But bear wins on virtue of looking like a qt Japanese bear mascot, having a color scheme that doesn't look like total ass or shits on the previous forms, and having a clear design basis and concept shown in the execution.
>>
File: laputaRobot_preview_featured.jpg (283KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
laputaRobot_preview_featured.jpg
283KB, 628x472px
>>27154357
his arms have always reminded me of this
>>
>>27154450
This shit is enormous already and screams "I don't evolve!"
>>27154449
Your opinion is not a fact.
>>
>>27154300
pandamon looks a lot less stiff than Chesnaught

I want to like Chesnaught but it bugs me thst its arms are always in that pose
>>
Do we really need 50 of the same threads? This is more insufferable than pGo
>>
>>27154468
lol minecraft sumerfaget
>>
>>27154495
Same here. Between the stiffness of its stance and limbs, the fact that its color scheme is such a jarring departure from the first two forms, the lack of head spikes like the prevos had, and the strange execution (Delphox and Greninja look like a mage and rogue, so why doesn't Chesnaught look like a knight?), there's just too much wrong with Chesnaught's design for me to appreciate the concept as much as I'd like.
>>
>>27154533
you know for a fact that it's not. people had this same reaction to vanillite line.
>>
>Chesnaughtfags are still trying to defend the objectively worst starter
>>
>>27154571
Explain why is Chesnaught objectively bad and why the red panda is objectively good.
>>
File: 1468337514239.png (352KB, 945x935px) Image search: [Google]
1468337514239.png
352KB, 945x935px
It's pretty easy. One on the right is pretty complex, and doesn't really fill it's own theme. It's kind of vague, is it a tank, a knight, a walnut, a tree, 2 legged amadillo ? The left is almost to simple, but works better because of the twist that, it looks like a kids toy, but is actually a 7 foot tall hug crushing monster. A lot of times a remix, with a good twist will turn out better than a more ambitious concept that can turn out over fitted. Kind of seems to be the theme of this gen so far.
>>
File: 1437269745223.png (11KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1437269745223.png
11KB, 500x294px
>>27154534
>>
File: disgraceful.png (38KB, 236x284px) Image search: [Google]
disgraceful.png
38KB, 236x284px
People have different opinions.

I can't see how anyone can defend the bear as a design. It's shit and the only people I've seen who like it are the people who think anyone who dislikes any design from a newer gen for any reason is a genwunner who thinks every Pokemon needs to look "badass".

Chesnaught is my second favorite Grass starter (with Venusaur being the first), though admittedly within the context of Grass starters that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>27154300
why did you start this op
>>
>>27155111
I dunno who you've been chatting with, personally I really disliked it when it was revealed but grew to like it as time went on.

I can totally understand people not liking this guy, it's very much a very niche design. It definitely could've one with another draft to help push what it's supposed to be better.
>>
>>27154300
Explain what? That taste is subjective?
>>
>>27155331
>>27155519
The Chesnaught meme has lived for too long. It's not the best starter, but c'mon, It's design is not worse than the bear's
>>
Chesnaught is one of my favorite last gen Pokemon, but its base stance is awkward and clunky as all fuck. A stance like that is sure to get you fucked over in legit combat. Tank or not. I don't care too much about the bear. And while it may be ugly as sin, I think it's a conceptually brilliant design.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 625x626px
>>27155824
>missing the point
>>
>>27154321
>>27154338
/thread
>>
Shitmon on the left: bad, though not unredeemable.

Shitmon on the right: gross, pathetic excuse for a starter, deserves its own hate thread too. Who'll be the kind and autistic enough anon to do that?
>>
>>27154300
What even is Chesnaught
>>
I like them both but I prefer PinkPanda because he's cuter and gayer
>>
>>27154321
WHY?
>>
I sincerely like both.
>>
>>27154352
>Spoiler Alert:
Newfag doesn't know how to use the spoiler text
>>
>>27154300
because the bear looks like a black peanus
>>
>>27154300
How can Chesnaught be the worst starter when Shitganium exist? All of the Johto starters are absolute garbage with generic, uninspired designs, but Shitganium is easily the worst.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.