[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Location Speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: Alola.png (2MB, 974x687px) Image search: [Google]
Alola.png
2MB, 974x687px
Let's try to match the locations from the trailer to the Alola map. If anyone has the high res versions of each island I think that would be really helpful.
>>
>>27152096
The island tp the West of Melemele is the island where you catch Solgaleo/Lunala. See the sculpture in the map and compare it with the one behind Solgaleo/Lunala in the first trailer.

Source: my PC, I don't see the videos, I download them instead for future researching.
>>
>>27152096
The only high res pic of Alola is when the July 1st video zoom in on Melemele Island.
>>
i'm suspicious of this little island on the right
>>
>>27152249
There are individual high res pics for each island, but I don't have them on me right now.
>>
File: There.png (2MB, 1400x438px) Image search: [Google]
There.png
2MB, 1400x438px
>>27152096
Ok Op, I'll bite.
>>
Currently uploading YUUGE image (150+ MB) to imgur
>>
the layouts of the island is kind of confusing. they don't seem linear. the first island has the city and also the village. the trailers seem to show you easily walking to the village and then also walking to the city. going through the city seems to lead you around to the back of the island though...and it's possible that the back island path connects to the forest by the village? so it would be like a big loop?

the volcano is clearly an important area too...but it seems like a dead end.
>>
>>27152249
http://www.pidgi.net/wiki/images/7/71/Alola_region_map_-_Pokemon_Sun_and_Moon.jpg

this looks pretty high res to me
>>
>>27152330
I think that side path will lead to the beach down to the right.
>>
>>27152427
BTFO
>>
>>27152427
Ah Pidgi.net, I respect this site more than Bulbagarden Archives but it doesn't have a pic from Alola that you can properly zoom in.
>>
File: 1464894895090.jpg (3MB, 10000x7069px) Image search: [Google]
1464894895090.jpg
3MB, 10000x7069px
There you go faggots. You can find an even bigger image than this one if you know how to use google
>>
>>27152487
I just wish they had a hi red Sevii Ilands map
>>
here is some spec. i really can't imagine there being two gyms on the first island unless the big hut in the village is a gym? the island in the bottom right corner seems to have many gyms.

the rockruff house is also sort of hard to spot.
>>
this island confuses me. it has two towns but they also a bunch of gym like buildings sitting alone.

the elite four is in the observatory? victory road is very icey. that walled city looks very steel/rock to me. the pagoda looks fairy to me.

some areas on this island look safari zone-esque?
>>
>>27152841
The observatory mountain and the ice mountain are two separate places, so they aren't the Victory Road + E4. Also, someone had pointed out that the Slaking Motel building is seen in Melemele and the island to the right of it as well, but without the Slaking sign.
>>
File: Alola.png (2MB, 2192x1542px) Image search: [Google]
Alola.png
2MB, 2192x1542px
I might have gone overboard... Don't hate if you don't agree.
>>
>>27152710
Do you have high quality pics of the other islands?
>>
>>27152841
>the elite four is in the observatory? victory road is very icey.
Those aren't Victory Road and the League though. You can actually see a path connecting the town with the Japanese tower to the area where the observatory is. As for the mountain, it honestly gives me Mt. Silver vibes considering there's a lone Pokemon Center leading to a mountain with no sort of buildings, and the caution lines on the elevator at the top of the mountain.
>>
this island is definitely the third act imo. it has very little civilization. i'm pretty sure that tauros shot is approaching the giant tree. the newest trailer shows a treehouse and a zipline. i wonder if the tree could be a town or something? that dock town at the bottom might also have a gym. i would think that houseboats might park along the dock to form a town. sort of like pacifidlog town but not stupid.

>>27152914
how else would you get to the observatory though? with the games being called sun and moon couldn't the elite four be in an observatory?

usually in pokemon games there is a pokecenter right before victory road and then another one right before the e4.

>also, someone had pointed out that the Slaking Motel building is seen in Melemele and the island to the right of it as well, but without the Slaking sign.
i don't even know what the slaking motel is
>>
>>27153091
I like some stuff here. As an observation, the building you speculate might be a ranch of some kind on Melemele is the same as the Slaking hotel, but without a Slaking sign on top. The building also appears on the island with the water pools, being right next to them and a Pokemon Center.
>>
>>27153117
ah you're right. the road from the pagoda town does go left towards the observatory. that makes more sense.

to me the icey mountain still definitely seems like victory road though. victory road is seemingly always elevated.

>>27153107
it was linked earlier
>>27152427
>>
>>27153120
>how else would you get to the observatory though?
See >>27153117, he explains it.

>i don't even know what the slaking motel is
In the concept art we saw a motel with a big Slaking sign on the roof, hence the nickname. It's the L shaped building with a burgundy (?) roof that you circled on the map here >>27152841
>>
>>27153193
What building? There are so many!
>>
>>27153193
found the slaking motel concept art you are referencing. there appears to be one on each island except for the legendary island.

i wonder if they would be like the hotels in kalos?
>>
>>27153213
>to me the icey mountain still definitely seems like victory road though. victory road is seemingly always elevated.
If it was Victory Road than where exactly is the League building? The League always has a visible building on the map. I agree with others that say the artificial island is the League, maybe having the huge building in front being a new type of Victory Road which is tournament style, with the castle in back housing the Elite Four.
>>
i'm betting this is the second island you go to. the colors on that stadium building remind me of the battle royale colors.

i wonder if this region is going to have a battle chateau. any of the strange buildings could be that.

>>27153348
maybe. i could see the artificial island also being plot related. (evil team)
>>
>>27153442
>maybe. i could see the artificial island also being plot related. (evil team)
What if the evil team IS the Elite Four/Champion?
>>
>>27153656
if they change up the forumla that much i doubt we will be able to guess much
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.