[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love the idea of the competitive scenery of Pokémon. But in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: yNfLbUh.jpg (449KB, 4760x3104px) Image search: [Google]
yNfLbUh.jpg
449KB, 4760x3104px
I love the idea of the competitive scenery of Pokémon. But in the end, it's unbalanced and most teams end up being the same with gyro plants and microwaves/refrigerators. What is the fun in that if you are limited to ugly ass pokémon and can't use your favorites if you want to win?
>>
>>27142264
You can use ru/uu pokemon in ou
>>
>>27142344
I know, but try and do that. You will get raped by pokéball mushrooms and whatnot
>>
I don't understand competitive.
I don't mind playing some competitive games, but to me pokemon was always a single player experience with battling/trading friends as gimmick. I'd rather choose my bros and have fun than obsess over numbers.
>>
>>27142622
That is not a bad thing at all. The thing is, if you want to train a team's EV points so it will be competitive, no matter how correctly you do it, that team will never be good if it's pokémon are not classified as OU/UBER. Because there is a reason why they are classified like that, because they are the ones that win.
>>
>>27142373
You can also play uu and nu and lower tiers. It's actually more fun
>>
>>27142673
Is there a good amount of people playing those tiers? Like in the online simulators?
I used to play Pokémon NetBattle/Online. What is the most used today?
>>
>>27142373
I think that's through a combination of factors other than just choosing "weak Pokémon." Many more Pokémon are viable in high tiers than are actually OU, it just depends on which you pick for your team and if you actually know what you're doing or not. The competitive scene, at least what I've played, can be a very varied experience.
>>
>>27142711
Pokemon Showdown is what people use now, and it's lower tiers have tons of players.
>>
>>27142711
Well, I used to play NU a lot on Showdown and there were always someone to battle
>>
>>27142740
Nice, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

>>27142726
I agree until certain point, back in 2009 I used a team that had Slowbro (it was UU at the time, I think) and Marowak (NU) and they would be good used in the strategy I built around them. But they weren't nearly as consistent as a OU team, so in the end I think it really comes down to unbalance.
>>
>>27142264
make a unique uu or na team and try to ladder in ou. doesn't matter if you win or not.
>>
File: 14248370182300.jpg (9KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
14248370182300.jpg
9KB, 239x211px
>tfw my favorites are almost consistently OU or BL, and sometimes even Ubers
>>
>>
File: 1449188137224.jpg (101KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
1449188137224.jpg
101KB, 500x689px
I like the idea of competitive pokemon and doing the raising is pretty fun when I need to kill some time, but I just can't use pangoro to save my life and that kills my motivation. TR team, pivot core with landorus, offensive core with gengar/talonflame, it just keeps ending up dead weight.
>>
>>27143336
Niggah she ain't even elite four like karen
>>
>>27143346
You can't go to the Battle Resort unless you beat the Elite 4
>>
>>27143342
pangoro is great in uu though
>>
>>27143474
ou or bust.
>>
>>27143354
That would mean everyone there has been the champion at some point, and we know that's not true.

Wally is there and he didn't got to face the Elite 4. Looker is there and he ended there with amnesia and awokr in the shore.

Battle Resort is just a resort. You are invited for free because you are the champion but people with money can go there.

That's why most trainers in there are Gentlemen, Models , Rich Kids and Ladies
>>
>>27143666
>People with money and rich kids
And that is why they have petty mind to think things like in his screenshot
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.