[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /vp/, can you answer me this question?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: HOLY SHIT.jpg (19KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT.jpg
19KB, 168x168px
Why did PBR flop again? Was it because it wasn't like Stadium 1 and 2? No minigames? Was it because handheld games could already play over the Wi-Fi?

Sure, the reused models from Stadium sucked. But move animations didn't.

It had Trainer customization before XY's customization made normies wet their pants.
It had announcing like Stadium - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4javKwfN-DI
It had details like THESE - http://imgur.com/a/3mL3k
>>
I don't know how the unlocking works because I literally downloaded a save file that had everything on it already. But I imagine that was the problem. The biggest appeal of Stadium IMO was being able to select a team even if I hadn't caught something yet. Now that we have IV/EV/Nature/Ability and all that such shit it is much harder to program in preset mons so they didn't waste their time doing it, and the people who just wanted to hop in without breeding got fucked.
>>
>>27125811
Oh yeah, that. The Rental Pass kinda sucked.

The way you choose teams to battle with was also clunky.
>>
>>27125523
It was "just" battling, with no "real" game.

I actually enjoyed it. It was like babby's first competitive. A few of the stages actually made me think about my team make up, and not just "lel use your starter and whoever has a 10 level advantage."

I would not mind a Stadium game for gen 7. They could do a whole bunch of interesting battle gimmicks, and if they spend 20 minutes to add a few stupid minigames it would probably sell.

I also really enjoyed the draft-like format they had, where you started with 6 shitmons, and every battle you could trade one of your shitmons with your opponent. It was actually fun.
>>
>>27125523
>It had announcing like Stadium

Meh, it wasn't as good as Stadium's announcer.

The content was just low compared to Stadium 2. No Gym Leader Castle, no minigames, no GB Tower equivalent (not that you could easily play DS games on the Wii but it's an example), just straight battles.

>>27125811
Pokémon did have EVs/IVs in Gen 1.
>>
>>27125523
>No rental pokemon system meant the game was ONLY for people who had DPPt. No more getting some friends over to get drunk and build fun teams.
>Rental pokemon passes were retarded as fuck.
>The difficulty jumped from braindead easy versus retarded NFE pokemon, to "you must know competitive pokemon to proceed" with no in-between for more casual players to float at and learn.
>No mini games, emulators, galleries, ect. It was ONLY a battle simulator.
>It was somewhat complected and clunky to upload multiple games and pick teams. Unlike in stadium, where you could freely edit your teams between matches, you had to back entirely out of the verses mode, load up that player's file, reset the pokemon saved to the Wii-mote, and restart the versus mode. If you brought your team from your game at home, you were SOL.
>To get to some of the better stadiums, you had to beat the weird as fuck gimmick ones, like the roulette one that you could loose entirely out of your own control when your team got replaced with Cocoons.
>Gameplay advanced to Ubers, which meant to beat the main plot, you needed Ubers of your own.
>It was way shittier than the trailer looked. In that trailer, Hyper Beam caused stadium damage, for reference.
>>
>>27126085
Yes but you could max out all the EVs if I remember correctly. So it was easy to just program the rental mons with max stats. Now if they maxed out all the EVs the rentals would be stronger than what you could obtain in game, thus removing any incentive to transfer your mons and they would have to go through and decide "well the rental Greninja is a special attacker with high defense" and distribute the EVs for each individually.
>>
>>27126182
>Yes but you could max out all the EVs if I remember correctly. So it was easy to just program the rental mons with max stats.

That's true, but then again I'm pretty sure rental Pokémon in Stadium don't have EVs, which, along with their movesets, are why they're so much weaker than Pokémon caught in-game.

They could take a similarly lazy route with PBR and give their Pokémon no EVs and give them all neutral natures, and have rentals that way.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.