[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best game to start with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: pikachuparade.png (899KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
pikachuparade.png
899KB, 720x480px
A friend of mine wants to get into the series. What should they start with?
>>
Pokémon GO :^)
>>
Yellow
>>
HG/SS.
>>
FR/LG, Platinum/HGSS, maybe BW2 or Emerald/ORAS or XY, depends on what platforms they have available to them but those are the ones I'd most readily suggest to anyone wanting to start playing.
>>
Pokemon Trozei
>>
P L A T I N UM
L
A
T
I
N
U
M
>>
XY or ORAS, since they're the most relevant and accessible if they have a 3DS.
If that's not an option, emulate FRLG on a phone.
>>
>>27118702
A ds with fr or lg
>>
>>27118734
Don't listen to fagtron over here.
Gen 6 sucks sweaty ass.

Play Platinum or the third Sinnoh game (forgot name).
>>
If they never played Red/Blue: Red or Blue.
If they have: Whatever game came after the last game they played. So if they stopped at Gold/Silver, pick up Ruby/Sapphire. Play the games in order.
>>
Or skip all the bad shit and just play Platinum. Just saying.
>>
>>27118756
>play platinum or platinum
>>
File: 1355943164285.png (24KB, 558x641px) Image search: [Google]
1355943164285.png
24KB, 558x641px
>>27118773
>recommending the first paired versions when the objectively superior third versions are readily available
>>
>>27118793
:^)
>>
>>27118702
Just skip all the bad games and play Pokemon Showdown. It's literally the only good Pokemon game.
>>
X/Y simple and good.
The pokédex have a lot of variability so it´s perfect for new players.
And the best doesn't have grinding.
So yeah.
>>
>>27118864
As long as you don't spam repels and fight trainers no pokemon game requires grinding, and being slightly underleveled is actually optimal since it adds some semblance of difficulty.
>>
>>27118702
Autisim aside:. Yes. Really.
If they have played nothing and want a fun game that they can catch a lot of Pokemon *and* has an active player base so they can trade / battle: in short, the full experience: get XY or ORAS.
Why? Because once they have XY or ORAS, they have 100% of the modern content and conveniences available to them. Yes. It's a casual game for babies, but so was every fucking other gen. At least this way they have a framework towards catching them all.

Starting them on gen 4 is like a crime: because when gen 7 rolls out in a scant few months, they will not be able to bring all their gen 4 pokemon up to gen 7 without first buying *and completing* gen 5, and then they will not have any gen 6 experience. So by selling them on Platinum (which is excellent, all other arguments aside) you are really handicapping them, just in time for SM rollout.

Handicapping a new player. You dicks.
>>
>>27118702
XY
>>
>>27118702
X/Y
>>
if he starts with x/y he'll never like the other games, desu.
>>
>>27119098

Emerald needed grinding in victory road. Only because Drake and the final guy (not steven) have very good and very high leveled pokemon.
>>
HGSS or Platinum.
>>
File: 1393014322516.png (75KB, 277x221px) Image search: [Google]
1393014322516.png
75KB, 277x221px
>Any answers other than blue, red or yellow
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.