[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Go is the most popular game IN THE WORLD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 42

File: image.jpg (151KB, 1012x715px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 1012x715px
>Since Nintendo released Pokémon Go late last week, the augmented reality video game is already on track to be one of the fastest growing phenomenons in the gaming world. More people used the app in a day than Tinder.
>With a 7% install base among Android's 1.4 billion active devices and a 10% install base among 400 million Apple devices, there are currently 138 million players making it the most popular game of all time. It hasn't even been released in Europe, South America, Canada, and many other nations.

Press F to pay respects to the Pokemon franchise.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAA FAGGOT.png (167KB, 359x326px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAA FAGGOT.png
167KB, 359x326px
>>27117599
>It's going to be a fad, it will die soon!
>>
>>27117599
This is scary.

I'm not against mobile games or anything, but for some reason I fear that Pokémon could become an unrecognizable mess in the future because of this game.
>>
File: cry eyes.png (11KB, 200x84px) Image search: [Google]
cry eyes.png
11KB, 200x84px
>the most popular Pokemon game ever is once in which your Pokemon are disposable and evolve in a totally different way than before
>>
source?
>>
>>27117830
>tfw most popular pokemon game has nothing to do with everything that made pokemon great
Feels bad man. I enjoy go, but I wish the main games got this love.
>>
>>27117842
they roughly did 20 years ago and it's not coming back
>>27117778
with only gen 1 pokemon it's an app heavily relying on nostalgia and people have attention span comparable to that of a goldfish nowadays, it will die as fast as it came to be and european release is the only reliable way for them to stretch that out
>>
>>27117830
this really sucks, normies and the obsession with these bastardized version of pokemon. they don't even care that they're nothing like the original games which is what they're supposed to have nostalgia for, well it's not nostalgia they're just happy to be part of this 'omg so nerdy' fad

i feel sick
>>
>>27117599
I wonder how mad other mobile game developers are at this. Bet those evil fags that Candy Crush are shuddering in their boots as we speak.
>>
>>27117599
f
>>
File: image.png (121KB, 286x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121KB, 286x364px
You can call me butthurt if you want, but this shit is driving me insane.
>lololol xd anon is such a fucking retard! Who even plays Pokeyman any more?
>OMG pokemon is so cool! I've been a fan all my life. Charizard and Pikachu are the best pokemon! XDDDD

I really hope this game will be forgotten soon. All these fucking normies talking about it and how Charizard is so cool is really activating my almonds.

The only good thing it will probably do is reignite Pokemon's popularity, but the games after Sun and Moon will most likely be a casual, P2W mess.
>>
File: 2001.jpg (32KB, 734x548px) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
32KB, 734x548px
>>27117934
>>
>>27117934
It's not butthurt imo, getting mad at such an obvious hypocrisy is only natural. Just make sure to always point it out and not let those retards get away with it scot free.

I comfort myself in the thought that the games going to die sooner or later, be it by people getting bored of the concept or by butthurt normies abandoning the game once they start adding other region Pokemon (which is ironically the moment it might actually become good).
>>
>>27117945
>2001
>A clinton running for President
Is this guy retarded?
>>
>>27118001
>2001
>everyone is playing pokemon
I think so
>>
>>27117934
>Adult men talking about how cool Charizard is
Wow american adults really are children mentally.
>>
>>27118022
>wow american adults under 26 really are children mentally
Fixed that for you.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/celebritynews/11613302/Simon-Pegg-comic-book-films-are-dumbing-us-down.html
>>
>>27117934
>Nice my favorite pokemon is Sumadee!

From here two things can happen
>Hah yeah he's cool!
This is how you know a normie

>What's a Sumadee? I've never heard of that mon.
This person is likely not a normie, but you can FUKIN DUNK ON THEM
>>
>>27117830
I'm going to be honest, I feel bad about smearing shit all over Sun and Moon for all these months now.

I was going to pirate these games but I'm having second thoughts now. I'd rather support whatever retarded idea GameFreak comes up with than see Pokemon die a painful death to some guttered mobile garbage.
>>
>>27118056
What the fuck is a Sumadee?
>>
>>27118064
SUMA DEEZ NUTS

OHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>27118064
You fucking walked into that
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 520x390px
>>27117840
http://kutv.com/news/local/pokmon-go-most-popular-video-game-in-the-world-07-11-2016
>>
File: Hot dickings.jpg (13KB, 260x160px) Image search: [Google]
Hot dickings.jpg
13KB, 260x160px
>>27118043

As much of a child I am on the inside, I've just got to say, I never really got the hype over the comic book films these days.

It just feels like the same shit every time now. I mean, wouldn't it hurt to do something original for once instead of relying on comic book IPs?

It just feels like, every time I look at the cinema nowadays, all people are hyping about is the recreation or retelling of some Marvel or DC shit over and over.

I wonder if even the most hardcore fans don't usually get tired of the same shit over and over.
>>
>>27118043
Star Trek is literally worse than capeshit.
>>
>>27118100
>>27118102
The point isn't any of those IPs specifically, it's that someone in their 20s shouldn't be obsessed with things originally aimed at children. Maybe as a passing interest - but these things are multi million dollar industries.
>>
>>27117864
They have nostalgia for the show you autist
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1067x800px
>>27118115
>The point isn't any of those IPs specifically, it's that someone in their 20s shouldn't be obsessed with things originally aimed at children.
>>
>>27118130
I am fully aware.
>>
File: Meow.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Meow.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>27117599
>OMG TAPPING ON THE SCREEN IS SO FUN

A flavor of the month fad is all that Pokemon pls GO is. It'll buried and forgotten in a month or so.
>>
>>27118126
The GameBoy games were just as big as the show back in the day.

Stop talking about things you don't know about, 00er.
>>
>>27117816
I fear that Pokémon could become an unrecognizable mess
That already happened after gen 2.
>>
>>27118147
Fuck off leddit
>>
>>27118100
Comic book people are exactly like the audience for the pokemon anime.
>>
>>27117934
You are one of those idiots that hate gen 1 even though it's responsible for the whole franchise, and are too young to remember the 90s.
>>
File: 1370305616332.jpg (41KB, 495x480px) Image search: [Google]
1370305616332.jpg
41KB, 495x480px
>>27118147
>>
>>27117778

>138 million players
>Cheapest microtransaction is .99c
>so if each player buys 20 pokeballs they make
>$136,620,000
>now add in all the people buying other things aswell

They don't care if it dies off as a fad in a few months they've made millions just from a reskined game.
>>
>>27118151
>Upset by the truth.
>>
>>27118164
How the fuck did you even come to that conclusion from reading his post?

This is why nobody likes genwunners.
>>
>>27118164
No one hate gen 1 we hate genwunners like you that cant leave the past behind fucktard piece of shit i hope your balls get dipped in hydrochloric acid.
>>
>>27118175
I read that the cheap ass looking Go watch already sold out everywhere and is selling something like $160 a pop on Amazon.
>>
>>27118181
>How the fuck did you even come to that conclusion from reading his post?
Probably because he vaguely implied Charizard wasn't cool.

And that's absolute haram according to genwunner laws.
>>
>>27117599
>what is wow
>what is league of legends

keep note that this is also free - niantic cannot support that for very long without funding. It's been less than a week, these statistics seem great at first but only when given raw without context and comparison. When people start buying things there will be a severe drop off n players. The autists/ocd mentally ill collectors and hoarders (who aren't even that into regular pokemon games) will pour all their money into being "the best".

The success of this game heavily depends on how they keep people coming back. The only play value is with leaving the comfort of the home. People wouldn't even play the wii fit past a week due to the "novelty" of it wearing off fast.

I'm in no way shitting on the game itself, it's free, it's a great idea, people love it for now and I couldn't care less if it's only genwunners. If pokemon had ended for us as it did for so many of the people currently playing, we would be doing this exact same thing.

Also just because something has been installed doesn't mean it's being more played. The only thing that may be racking up hours is because it's passively connected.
>>
>>27117599
Since when were mobile apps considered video games?
>>
I'm...afraid. Will they cancel Sun and Moon over this? It's pretty much every handheld developer's worst nightmare come true. It's things like this that may spell the doom of handheld consoles for good. They were proven right, that's all they needed to know. We are done.
>>
>>27118230
>Will they cancel Sun and Moon over this?
No, stfu.
>>
>>27118194
I'm not a gen wunner I am just an anti retard who realises pokemon has gotten progressively worse.
>>
File: Serena 8460823432.png (563KB, 788x838px) Image search: [Google]
Serena 8460823432.png
563KB, 788x838px
>>27118230
They might want to rethink their Nintendo NX handheld strategy. And the success of this game will surely have a big impact on how they will handle future generations of Pokemon after this.
>>
>>27118248
(You)
>>
>>27118248
Shut up genwunner piece of shit.
>>
>>27118230
I'm positive Sun and Moon are finished by now so it would make no sense for them not to release it. How will the franchise proceed after that is up to anyone's guess though.
>>
>>27118250
What is the most complex game on the mobile market anyway? Does it even have the structure to compare to 16 bit era games?
>>
>>27118230
Sun and Moon will be the last Pokemon game on handheld ds. The real money to be made will be phone apps. Next gen will be a Pokemon go expansion. Mobile exclusive.
>>
>GO
>game

Pick one, OP.
>>
>>27118264
Clash Royale? Puzzle and Dragons? Fuck if I know.

The most complex game I've ever played on a mobile phone was a fucking iOS port of MHFU and I don't think that counts.
>>
>>27118147

>after gen 2.

Confirmed. Gen 2 was the final generation that I could still list the pokedex in order from start to finish.

I still keep forgetting that a lot of gen 3 mons exist, nevermind the rest.
>>
>>27118230
Sun and Moon will be the last handheld Pokemon gameon the ds. The real profit will be made with mobile. Next Pokemon gen will be on the mobile as an exclusive Pokemon go expansion
>>
>>27118221
Since handheld games require about as much processing as a mobile app, if not less.
>>
>>27118264
Can't think of any complex game, most games are shit for mobile so I don't bother with it. Go is like the only smartphone game done right, and there is so many options to expand it into a more complete in the near future. When there are leaderboards and PvP stuff like that people will be even more motivated to keep playing the game after they completed everything.
>>
>>27117830
That's because the original mechanics weren't suited to open ended gameplay.

Well, until they added a billion pokemon and hoped that people would actually try to catch them all.
>>
>>27118230
>Cancel Sun and Moon
>During mid development
>>
>>27118250
At first I think they'll add some kind of compatibility between 3DS/N3DS and smartphones. GO is already supposed to connect to PokéBank, so there's that.

In the future we'll probably get a lot of smartphone apps that work like the Pokéwalker or the Dream World.
>>
>>27118230
I would actually prefer it to move to mobile gaming, the poorfags on here just use showdown anyway.

I think GO is garbage but probably because I know that the main games are better. But think about it, everyone in the first world needs a phone and these days it's hard to get a phone that isn't a smartphone. If you were to buy the next gen console you're looking at $300 - $400 or more. If those consoles don't have gps and mobile capabilities then they're essentially garbage now. If they do have those then they basically become a smartphone anyway? If all of us who are willing to buy a console were to just buy a phone powerful enough to play a BASIC ass pokemon game (which is entirely possible and more) then we'd have no need for a console to be made.

There is literally no problem.
>>
>>27118310
You mean the same thing that Pokemon did to keep the Game Boy from dying to start with?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
>>
>>27118323
>There is literally no problem.
except nintendo makes money off consoles.

wew lad
>>
>>27118310
Anon you don't understand

Pokemon Go exploded as much as it did exactly because it was guttered of those "unnecessary" gamey things. Yes even simple features like trading make normies heads spin these days. Enjoy your "tap to win" combat and pray it doesn't spill over to the main games.
>>
>>27118329
It's time for the DS and handhelds to die to be honest. One of the reason why Go is so popular is because everyone and their grandma has a smartphone instead of some dated 3DS.
>>
>>27118323
>poorfags
I don't get this meme. What makes you think that people who dread the idea of pokémon abandoning handhelds and moving to smartphones are poorfags? As you implied, pretty much everyone has a smartphone, but the number of people who bother spending money on a 3DS is considerably lower.

As a poorfag who doesn't even own a 2DS and who only played fucking Shuffle out of all Gen 6 games, this "you just complain about mobile because you're too poor to buy a smartphone" argument makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>27118374
It exploded for several reasons
1. Nostalgia
2. Its on a phone
3. It allows you to go and hunt pokemon in the real world
I'd argue that the majority of people playing have probably not even tried the gyms, they'd rather catch them.
>>
>>27117599
>there are already people coming to /vp/ and absolutely refusing to check the catalog before making threads
>there are another 138 MILLION of them
if this lasts we'll need a sticky telling them to check the fucking catalog
>>
>>27118374
It needs something that makes it easy playable and understandable for the most retarded people but if they want to keep their core fans they better have some more complexity in the game as well.
>>
>>27118010
>2001
>didn't play pokemon with everyone
let me guess, you are instinct, right? faggot
>>
>>27118316
>mid development
The games have been finished since early 2016 at very least.

I would have said they're now brainstorming ideas for gen 8 but with Pokemon Go explosive success who knows what's going on in GameFreak's HQ.
>>
>>27118397
They never needed us.
>>
>>27118230
I'm almost certain they're not going to stop bringing out handheld games, for one, I doubt Nintendo would let them and secondly, Pokemon Go is a phase, people will stop playing it likely in a few months tops. Their games are where their main income is and so is their hardcore market.
>>
>>27118406
No, but I acknowledge that it peaked between 1999 and 2000.
By 2001 it wasn't pokemania anymore, it was people like us.
>>
>>27118397
But they don't want the core fans. Why do you think the game only features the first 151 Pokemon?
>>
God I can't wait for them to introduce new mons - normies will either A. Bitch about how shit they are and leave or B. Start liking the new ones and be less aggressive to the new games
>>
>>27118422
To not waste development time on a game that might flop.
>>
>>27118410
That's why I said it's already been proven. There's many times more of them than there are of us. They have already eclipsed all gens COMBINED. We can't compete.
>>
File: Pokestops.png (776KB, 582x983px) Image search: [Google]
Pokestops.png
776KB, 582x983px
These fucking pokestops haven't stopped having Lure Mods in the past fucking hour.
>>
>>27118248
>I'm not saying I'm a genwunner but I'm a genwunner

objectively charizard is shit, the entire first 149 are pretty damn shit. Look at Dragonite compared to Garchomp, now you can call it edgy or whatever you feel like - but one looks like Barney and the other looks like something worthy of the dragon typing. I get it "m-muh simple pokemon", going back to your previous comment let me make something clear to you. Gen 1 did start it all, that's all we had for years until most of us were teenagers right? At that point people were too "Scared" of having an interest in pokemon or just in general didn't have a love for games because they weren't for "adults". Now everyone is accepting games in all forms, they go back to pokemon for nostalgia. Of course they're not going to like the new ones, people generally don't like "new things", even vp mostly hates new things. The difference is that we understand that pokemon progressed, we were there for it. Gen 1 has designs that appealed to children of the 90s, those designs are all extremely bad compared to the more detailed pokemon we have now. Nobody really explicitly hates gen 1, we hate people like you who for some reason believe it got worse because YOU don't like new things or change. Just like how nostalgiafags basically have a phobia of all the new pokemon, because they have no fucking idea what they are. They don't want to know what they are because that wasn't pokemon to them - even though the franchise went on without them for uh... 20 fucking years. They have no right to comment on it when gen 1 made up for only a few years and has 5 other gens stacked on top of it. Gen 1 is the minority. It may have started it but it was the OTHER gens that kept it going for 20 years.

fucking rant over
get fucked fucking genwunner piece of shit
learn to accept change
>>
>>27118321
>in the future
>Contests/Musicals/Pokéathlon clones will be done through an app where you an play with your facebook friends
>Battle Frontier/Subway/Maison clones will be accessible through an app as well
>Amie will be removed to the games and made available in an app
>E4/Gym leader rematches and other game functionalities can only be done after you get some medals in smartphone apps to unlock them in-game
>events will be distributed via said apps (and will still be region locked)
>the actual games will be left barebones, with next to no postgame or functions
This is the future you chose
>>
>>27118440
>objectively charizard is shit
Stopped reading there, confirmed shit opinion
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>27117599
Anyone explain this to me fags.

I pass these fucking poke stops so many fucking times and I never get any fuckig items from them or Pokeballs or anything.

Is it bugged or what?
UK fag.
>>
>>27118422
That wasn't the point though, they dont want to alienate their core fans, gamefreak know that all they have to do to get their fans interested is to bring out another generation. They're trying to lure in the casual market with Pokemon Go.
It's the same reason the Wii had both hardcore Mario/Zelda games and casual sports/party games. They want to be able to appeal to both markets.
>>
>>27118455
click on the spot stupid
>>
File: 1379843989332.png (253KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1379843989332.png
253KB, 554x439px
>>27118455
>Pass
Tap on it and spin the icon.
>>
>>27118448
>actually believes their taste is good
when was the last time you saw a charizard thread? That's right, once every fucking never.

Also remember that X/Y megas don't count because they're not gen 1. :^)
>>
>>27118455
You're supposed to click them and spin the round part by swiping it left or right, not just walk past it (if that's what you mean)

Otherwise, I don't see why they would be denying you any items other the occasional "try again later" message I get from some pokestops.
>>
>>27118264
XCOM probably
>>
>>27118375
I'd go a step further and say Nintendo should just abandon making hardware altogether and focus on producing quality software instead. Since Wii their systems were always overpriced, day 1 obsolete garbage with some useless gimmick tacked on. The games are the only thing this company has going for it these days.

Fortunately Pokemon translates rather easily to mobile systems as anyone with GBA/DS emulator on their phones can attest.
>>
>more people will buy Sun & Moon now
>muh how do I obtain candies for my pokemon
>GF introduces this new level up and evolve system for Gen 8

It's over
>>
>>27118455
You have to tap them then spin the disk retard.
>>
>>27118436
Except Pokemon GO is a phase like i said, sure it's popular now but this is the peak of it's popularity, in a few months casual players will lose interest where as they can keep pumping out handheld games that they know their hardcore fans will keep buying.
>>
>>27118477
>Actual incentive to catch more pokemon
>A bad thing
>>
>>27118478
>>27118472
>>27118469
>>27118468
T-thanks guys...
I must have missed something
>>
>>27118493
>>27118436
it was also free.

do not forget how that does not make any money for gf at all.
>>
>>27118436
>They have already eclipsed all gens COMBINED.
Lol what? Not even close. The franchise sold like 500 million games throughout all generations.
>>
>>27118493
It hasnt even come out officially in most of the world
>>
>>27118516
like imagine if they asked for $80 for an actual game on a smartphone - we would see a decline in popularity before it even releases.
>>
>>27118499
nah, I had to learn that online too, it does a real shitty job explaining pokestops
>>
>>27118440
>Look at Dragonite compared to Garchomp
You were supposed to prove him wrong anon.
>>
>>27117599
>27 million
By July 2012, League of Legends was the most played PC game in North America and Europe in terms of the number of hours played. As of January 2014, over 67 million people played League of Legends per month, 27 million per day, and over 7.5 million concurrently during peak hours.

it's time to stop posting
>>
>>27118528
No but it has come out in their largest audience country which is America. I doubt Europe is going to make much of a difference too be honest
>>
File: spic game.png (57KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
spic game.png
57KB, 634x650px
>>27118562
>which is America
*the philippines
>>
>>27118516
and considering how liberal they are with micro transactions. i doubt they will make much. Pokeballs aren't hard to find.
>>
>>27118516
I'd bet they've mad at least 50 million just in the first week
>>
File: genwunners-like-simple-things.jpg (180KB, 1080x675px) Image search: [Google]
genwunners-like-simple-things.jpg
180KB, 1080x675px
>>27118549
>actually likes barneydragon unironically
>>
>>27118573
How many people live in the Philippines? Because I doubt its anywhere near as many as America.
>>
>>27118560
>27 million
Where the fuck did you pull that figure from? There are currently 138 million Go players around the world and the game still has yet to release in Europe and Japan. It's ogre.
>>
File: 1402850099037.jpg (36KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1402850099037.jpg
36KB, 500x283px
>>27117599
I played the game, I went outside, I went downtown with my friends to go "catch some pokemon".

I didn't have fun, where is the fun? Why aren't people just emulating better core series pokemon games instead?
Is this fad all one elaborate joke that i'll never understand?
>>
>>27118597
About a third as many as the US, point is it's more popular there than in the US.
Which seems horrifying. What the fuck is even going on there. That smells like renaming the country to the pikaphines tier popular.
>>
>>27118585
it's a 1.6m daily revenue from microtransactions, that's 86 cents per player. You really think 86 cents per player is enough to support it?
>>
>>27118588
>prefers a dragon that actually looks like a dragon rather than a derpy dinosaur with big claws
Yes, it's called taste anon
>>
>>27118611
Normalfags don't actually like videogames, they like the idea of videogames. This is so easy to play that it gives them a feeling of accomplishment, and something to talk about.
>>
>>27118560
what are you quoting?
>>
>>27118606
27million LoL players, it greentexted weird because of the gap. You probably should have realized that though.
>>
File: CmYzN2iVYAE2p8x.jpg (28KB, 474x430px) Image search: [Google]
CmYzN2iVYAE2p8x.jpg
28KB, 474x430px
>>27117599
Oh, come on. I really doubt Go's success is going to kill off Pokemon as we know it. Everyone forgets so easily that the main series games are popular in their own right, always being some of the best selling games of whatever year they come out.

They already have Go, now. They're going to add onto that. They aren't going to turn the main series into Go. That would literally accomplish nothing for them. They'd be throwing money away.
>>
>>27118629
Easily with this large of a player base and when it shrinks the majorities that are left will be cash players anyways.
>>
>>27117864
most people i've spoken to about pokemon in the last few years remember it predominantly as a card game and tv show, and are surprised when i specify i'm a fan of the GAME
>>
>>27118637
I don't understand. What do they do for fun, then?
>>
>>27118632
>ah yes taste, the taste of shit. mmmm
no wonder everything you say is shit, you've been keeping that shit opinion inside you for 20 years anon.
>>
File: 1376857575493.jpg (159KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1376857575493.jpg
159KB, 1000x1000px
>Set up lure mod in a secluded area
>Mug the idiot who comes to check it out
Thanks, Nintendo, making this too easy.
>>
>>27118650
Don't get what everyone's complaining about, Pokemon has always been the most successful game on each platform it's come out on and everytime a new gen gets revealed it gets posted everywhere (Sun and Moon's first gameplay trailer was the top video on youtube for about a week if i recall) and tons of normies bought X and Y because "muh pokemon in 3d".
Pokemon still has a presence.
>>
>>27118674
Watch TV series on netflix, hang out with friends, drink, party, date, have sex, shit like that. Maybe do some sports or go to the gym if they're not fatasses.

Normies are truly a bizarre species.
>>
>>27118440
Garchomp?? Come on, Druddigon or Rayquaza are obviously the most "dragon" looking Pokémon.
>>
>>27118637
Now the ironic thing is the "idea of video games" wouldn't exist without the dedicated fanbase. They're the ones who create this "nerdy xD" atmosphere that normies love so much. This is why vidya companies cannot just completely abandon the core audience, which is why I'm mostly confident about the future of the hobby unlike some people ITT.
>>
>>27118612
By that logic you're counting on EVERYONE in the Philippines to buy Pokemon Go in order to beat America, there are probably more people in America that have played Pokemon than their are in the Phillippines
>>
>>27118710
nigger its a free game of course the poorfags are playing it
>>
File: 1411722465152.jpg (24KB, 189x263px) Image search: [Google]
1411722465152.jpg
24KB, 189x263px
>>27118680
>Mugging
>When you could be setting up lures for raping instead
You disappoint me, Rance.
>>
>>27118695
I do most of that stuff too, but it doesn't seem like enough to fill time or give you something to talk about with friends, but all of my friends are StarCraft basement dwellers, so idk what a normie conversation is like.
>>
>>27117599
I have friends in Middle East and Europe; it's crazy as fuck there and everyone's playing the game right now. It's nuts, it's absolutely nuts

If Niantic rolls updates out accordingly, this will be bigger than candy crush and clash of clans and angry birds put together
>>
Has interest in Sun and Moon risen at all since this began?
>>
>>27118757
lol

no
>>
>>27118749
I doubt it, theres only so much they can do with this app other than add more pokemon which will trigger normies to stop playing.
>>
>>27118651
This is true, but that number is still based on initial release microtransactions. It's exponentially larger than it would be. I would say that if the same popularity continued on for a month you would see a massive drop in microtransactions and it will go down to maybe 10 cents or less per player. This would be synonymous when the popularity dies, people first of all won't need to use the microtransactions anymore and second would have a lot less people doing it as often compared to the popularity at the time.

example:
first day: 1.6m per 400m players (btw I messed up that's only 40 cents per player.

100th day: 400k a day per 200m players.

the amount made will decrease to 1/4 but the players are halved. Essentially meaning the ratio is far off from day 1. That's only 20 cents per person a day.
>>
>>27118757
Actually yes, apparently pre-orders have risen on Amazon since.
>>
>>27118757
GO has been an unprecedented massive advertising campaign for Gamefreak and Nintendo

SuMo launch sales will probably be higher than expected
>>
>>27118650
GO had a 20$ budget while I don't know XY had maybe a million dollar budget? Well, the point here is that it's FAR more profitable to make cheap and quick mobile "games" than make a shitty mainline game. Yes, they can still make mainline games but why the fuck would you do ate when you have turbo casuals eating the shit out of mobile fuckery? Seriously, this is like having a million dollar job at day and then decide to mop floors at night. Pic related, it's the future of pokemon, you better hope that they fuck up future mobile installments.
>>
>>27117599
>game

its need gameplay before it can be one of those
>>
File: breath-of-fire-6-b1.jpg (101KB, 580x371px) Image search: [Google]
breath-of-fire-6-b1.jpg
101KB, 580x371px
>>27118787
Fucking captcha ate my pic.
>>
File: 1386464683051.jpg (61KB, 532x539px) Image search: [Google]
1386464683051.jpg
61KB, 532x539px
>>27118783
>SuMo
>>
>>27117599
Honestly this whole thing is going to be the Wii all over again, massive surge in popularity during its first year then steady decline after that. The worst that can happen is Game Freak are going to try and ride the popularity train and end up crashing like the Wii u.

I doubt they're ever going to abandon their hardcore market because they know its their only safety net and they're playing a dangerous game right now what with how quickly trends change these days.
>>
>>27118757
>>27118761
Sorry for linking to >leddit but someone out there actually noticed that yes, they actually did

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/4s8wgf/main_pokemon_games_rise_on_amazon_bestseller_list/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/movers-and-shakers/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsms#1
Pokemon Yellow 280% from 1067 place to 267
Pokemon Red 102% 296 from 599
Pokemon Blue 164% from 960 to 363
Nintendo DS Onyx Edition 41% from 549 to 388
Pokemon Black 43% from 282 to 196
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon 29% from 397 to 307
Pokemon Sun 28% from 28 to 21
3ds XL Black 25% from 30 to 24
>>
>>27118787
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/10/15/pokemon-go-dev-niantic-nabs-up-to-30-million-in-funding-from-google-nintendo-and-pokemon/
>>
Do you guys think that they'll put Gen 2 pokemon in?
>>
>>27118787
Except they spend like 1 million dollers and make about 5 times that in sales, double, if you include they fact that they usually release 2 versions.

Go is a fad and doesn't have nearly enough content to sustain itself. Their handhold games and core fans are their backbone and unless they want to commit corporate suicide they will never abandon them as the game they're playing with Go is incredibly risky.
>>
>>27117599
>"Free smart phone game carrying world-famous IP license is popular!"
Stop the fucking presses.
>>
To all the retards saying Nintendo isn't making money from this:
Their stock market price is up 25% and rising, JUST FROM RELEASING THE GAME.
Doesn't even account for how much cash they're getting from the microtransactions
>>
>>27118865
I believe they already confirmed more Pokemon are going to be added back at E3. But they're not going to do it so early as to not scare away the normies. They're going to wait till the fad passes until dropping more content for those dedicated enough to keep playing.
>>
It's true then? Gen 7's Sun and Moon will be the last Pokemon game as we once have known it.

Gamefreak will shaft Nintendo at some point and make the full switch to phones and then build upon the real-world pokemon experience on phones in the most watered down freemium normiestraveganza the likes never seen before in the history of gaming.
>>
>>27118723
I like your style, other Rance.
>>
people in this thread totally ignoring the big data scooping potential and power of GO — this is where the money is being made and it's why the app is "free"

it's not actually free, it's a contract between you and the provider, in which you agree to exchange the experience of their app with all the data they want to gather from your device
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 450x243px
>>27118937
Oh god, DON'T FUCKING SAY THAT
>>
>>27118958
This.
>>
>>27118913
You're misunderstanding why Nintendo stocks are going up.

A lot of investors had started to question the value of nintendos IP pokemon included so the company had lost a lot of marked value based on that. The release of pokemon GO and the insanity the ensued simply showed that investors had severely undervalued nintendos IP.
>>
>>27117934
I'm enjoying it, to be honest. Those people who thought Pokemon was stupid and teased me for playing it way back when? They're all Pokemaniacs now. Feels good to be vindicated by history.

I don't even care that it's nowhere close to as good as the games, either. Having a poor quality game is their punishment.
>>
>>27118175

if this success then once again we gonna see japanese genius, but to be honest, this game is so poorly made that they literally buried more moneys alive, of course if they won't update it and unleash it's potential
>>
>>27118629
>1.6m daily revenue
is there even a question whether that can support it?
jesus christ, that's clash of clans-tier revenue
>>
>>27117599
so i saw this on the front page on 4chan and i don't browse this board but i've been hearing so much about this pokemon go thing

like what is it? can you guys fill me in?
>>
>>27118795
Why'd you have to remind me of that monstrosity, anon? It still hurts.
>>
>>27119162
geocaching mobile game where you catch pokemon, visit landmarks and take over gyms for your team

it's shit
>>
File: image.gif (725KB, 245x172px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
725KB, 245x172px
>>27119162
A crappy GPS mobile phone game with a Pokemon skin over it. Fun for maybe 10 minutes, if you're an actual fan of the series.
>>
>>27119052
The shareholders have been bitching for Nintendo to go mobile and team up with Apple/Google for a while.

Nintendo throws red meat at them with a project involving Google's offshoot Niantic, it grabs headlines all over the US/Australia and popularity exceeds expectations, suddenly everyone is buying and now the stock is stuck in a bubble.
>>
>>27119142
youre misunderstanding, it's only 40c per player, 1.6m is how much they earned. Revenue =/= ptofit, it has to keep earning more than what it costs which might be hard in coming months. I explained that while popularity will drop significantly, so will microtransactions - but at an different rate. Microtransaction should fall much harder, since the most money ever spent on games is in the first month. But if the popularity is halved and the microtransactions are quartered that's only 20c per player compared to the current 40 cents per player.

That isn't really that much. But at least the investors and worth towards pokemon IP went up by like 7 billion, so there's that. That isn't towards niantic though, that's towards GF.
>>
for the most part mobile games need endless content

wish they'd add a real battle system to increase depth, and add newer gens

don't think that'd turn away normies as much honestly
>>
File: 1463834555718.gif (160KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463834555718.gif
160KB, 500x720px
>this kills Nintendo handhelds and future mainline games

Get ready kids, Sun and Moon will likely be the last of their kind.
>>
>>27119287
The game is young. Not sure if they'll ever do anything with the battle system, but adding new Pokemon? You can bet on it.
>>
>>27119316
XY and ORAS were fucking trash so it's ok I guess.
Maybe that will give real fans a reason to step up in rom hacks development.
>>
>>27118958
Why hasn't anyone made a bigger point about this, I just deleted my GO account because I realized exactly how bad that actually is. At first I was just like "lol its just locally sharing info" but in fact your literal google account and everything associated with it is accessible by them. When I went to delete the account it said my google account won't be able to be used again, that speaks volumes in itself because they know how much privacy they've infringed on.

I mean you can make a separate gmail for it etc, which is good enough. But I think more people might need to be made aware of that?
>>
>>27117599
>>27114720
>>
>>27118958
You own a google account AND a smartphone. You're fucked regardless.

regardless you're a fucking nobody your data is insignificant.
>>
>>27119373
Wow, what a creative and original post. I regret to inform you that /vp/ is currently overrun by GO players. If you are too sad, angry or lonely to enjoy it with others then could at least refrain from these stupid posts considering that it will have ZERO effect outside bumping the thread.
>>
>>27119384
you missed the point didn't you

>big data

millions of nobodies are somebody — this is the reason big data is such big business

go read some Jaron Lanier
>>
>>27119384
it is when someone hacks into their shit and is allowed access to all our emails which is essentially the control center for everything from paypal to bank accounts to subscribed porn.
>>
>>27119406
>>27119414
Nintendo already addressed this issue anyway and will drastically limit access to data with next update. I bet buzzfeed left that part out.
>>
>>27119370
>>27118958
>>27119002
You realize that every app has the same potential and the only way to be completely safe is to not own anything digital and go live in the woods, Sony and Microsoft have been selling your details off for years, your phone contract and ISP have been selling your information off for years the NSA and US government probably knows more about you that you do, if you're only now worried about your privicy what the fuck are you doing online, at all, ever.
>>
>>27119460
Of course buzzfeed left that out.
>>
>>27118001
Id think he'd say 1996 cause blink is putting out new music and everyone is playing Pokémon
>>
File: 1468228155880.gif (778KB, 316x243px) Image search: [Google]
1468228155880.gif
778KB, 316x243px
Oh no, a spin-off game is popular, it's going to kill the series just like Pokemon Snap did.

Nobody's praising the casualized combat or other stuff like that, it's the fact that you can walk around in the real world while catching Pokemon alongside the novelty of Ingress, a game that hardly anyone played before.

If Pokemon Go had deeper mechanics that were more similar to the traditional ones, better servers, and was a finished product overall, there would probably be a lot more people praising it around here. Even if Nintendo were to make more mobile games, it would make more sense for them to improve on the game mechanics instead of rehashing this rushed and casualized system.
>>
>>27118264
I'd say Avabel Online. It's a giant mmorpg done properly, huge maps, amazing graphics, and it's not p2w because the draws are randomized. I play it on my tablet, but I could also play it on an Android or apple phone.
>>
>>27117830
They fixed this with being able to power up the ones you want to keep. You can also favourite and nickname them. It saves the date and location from when you caught it, the Pokémon can get really personal.
Cheer up anon.
>>
>>27118137
>tapping on a screen
>what is Nintendo DS
>>
>>27117599
>tfw I can't play GO because I had to root my phone to get it to android 4.4 and now my mobile data doesnt work.
>>
>>27120056
Are you retarded my man, Snap and the other spinoffs don't come close to this thing popularity
I do have to agree with all your other points though
>>
Can't wait for Nintendik to fuck their shit up again by going

"Aw rook at rall these casural gamurs plarin our gamr! Fuk the hardacor fans we r mobilru dev nowr."

Then just like when they tried to fuck off their main fans after the Wii did so well the normies will get bored and move onto something else. Leaving them with nothing at all.

When will developers learn that getting the casual market is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle? 9 times out of 10 you are just pissing off the people who actually like your game.
>>
"pokemon is very big mistake, even more big than godzirra" -satoshi tajiri
>>
Isn't the correct plural word phenomena?
>>
>>27118100
Every people likes garbage, some sort or another.
May it be soap operas, football, comic books, anime, hip-hop, rock, metal, video games, Pokemon, whatever.
Nobody is out of blame.
>>
>>27118441
>>Contests/Musicals/Pokéathlon clones will be done through an app where you an play with your facebook friends
>>Battle Frontier/Subway/Maison clones will be accessible through an app as well
If they just put them in Go, I would be fucking thrilled. Throw Pokéathlon events in as well.

>>Amie will be removed to the games and made available in an app
I've been asking for this before Amie even existed - an app where you can pet and play with pokemon like a tamagotchi.
>>
File: 1466174787125.jpg (71KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466174787125.jpg
71KB, 640x960px
>>27118958
This.
Big data selling for profiling and that kind of things are the new business model.
Some agencies would kill for the data that Pokemon GO is able to provide, which is not limited to:
1. Where you live. This can be easily by triangulating your usual Pokemon catching positions.
2. Building imaging from buildings insides, by using both GPS and AR to run the game, gathering relevant pictures from the activity.
3. By putting Pokemon in dangerous or difficult zones can be even used to gather data on how risky is to give you insurance or health plans.
>>
>>27118757
>1st gen getting the main boost

JUST

They should have released Fire Red and Leaf Green instead.
>>
>>27120113
But if you're just trading them away to get more powerful versions there's no point in favoriting them or nicknaming...
>>
>>27118264
GTA SA is on the phone dude
>>
>>27118937
>gamefreak will shaft nintendo

yeah that's not going to happen. They don't even have the choice to do so as nintendo owns not only 30% of the company but pretty much all the IP themselves.

A gamefreak only game would probably require all new pokemon and no pokeballs, it wouldn't be recognizably pokemon at all.
>>
File: gym.png (361KB, 645x1121px) Image search: [Google]
gym.png
361KB, 645x1121px
this game is fun tbqh

pic related I just singlehandedly took the post office back from blue scrubs
>>
>>27118001
>a Clinton's under investigation for illegal activities
Would have been more accurate.
>>
I'm split on the nerd rage because of the popularity of the game.

On one hand I agree its kind of annoying to have been a fan since it began and be made fun of for 'still playing pokemon anon?' and having people who thought it was stupid or not worth it now be obsessed/pretend they were fans all along.

But on the other side it's nice seeing people who naturally just grew out of it nostalgia hard over the Gen 1s and remember what fun they had playing the game. You never know, when they roll in more Gens maybe it'll inspire some to buy the newer games and we'll have more pokefans.
>>
>>27118248
That's exactly what a Genwunner is you fucking idiot. FFS please explain HOW and why Pokemon has gotten worse?
>>
>>27118137
>OMG selecting from 4 options in a turn based game is so fun!
>>
>>27117816
I'm guessing you haven't seen the new retarded bear.
>>
>>27117599
I just deleted it.

I hate to be such a hipster, but it's getting so out of hand. I can't be talking to somebody, even a stranger, for more than 5 minutes before it comes up. And I've seen such retarded behavior from people. My friend had to pull over the car every time his phone dinged, and I watched a group of grown men sprint across the highway with traffic to get to a Pokestop.

That video of Central Park just ignited the hate even further.

Casualizing, patronizing bullshit. Now I know how The Beatles first fans felt once they exploded.

Good bye, Gen 8. We hardly knew ye.
>>
>>27123754
link for central park video?
>>
>>27123852
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/pokemon-go-central-park-pokestop-gym-nyc-new-york-the-matrix-is-coming-a7132391.html
>>
>>27117945
So when's 9/11 2?
>>
>>27124307
>all those Asians
If anything this is a good sign.
Asians are predisposed to nerdome. perhaps this epidemic is contained... or perhaps that's hopeful thinking...
>>
>>27117945
Quality public education.
>>
File: 1463442994383.png (262KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463442994383.png
262KB, 600x900px
Goddamn, I knew /vp/ was full of edgelords, but I didn't know you guys were this edgy. Just relax, this thing isn't going to kill Pokemon lmao. The hardcore market will always buy the main games because they're way deeper in terms of mechanics and more fun. So what if people who maligned the series are playing it now, it's not like Nintendo is actually going to dump the console/handheld franchise. Are you all this retarded?
>>
>>27124686
>saying lmao unironically
NORMIE GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOOOOOAAAAAAARD
>>
>>27121325
>3. By putting Pokemon in dangerous or difficult zones can be even used to gather data on how risky is to give you insurance or health plans.

Shit, wish I thought of that.
>>
>>27117934
Hey, fuck you. Jolly Mega Charizard X with Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Roost, and Dragon Claw is fun as shit to use. I will, however, always pick Bulbasaur whenever it's between the Kanto starters.
>>
Im really sorry about for defending PoGo against my real pokemon fans here, game is shity as fug and playerbase is cancerous today i realized outside, deleted this nonsense and ordered my new 3DS.
>>
>>27117599
>With a 7% install base among Android's 1.4 billion active devices and a 10% install base among 400 million Apple devices

there's only 7.5 million AmeriKKKANS that has the game, the fuck is the logic here? it said 7% android users in AMERICA not earth

also that link is from fucking UTAH an irrelevant state shit tier Education
>>
>>27118138
They were popular but the anime reached a wider audience because you didn't have to have a gameboy. Think of all the poor kids who had tv and local channels watching Kids WB. They knew Pokemon through and through solely because of the show. Some people know Pokemon mostly from the trading cards and collecting them. Just because someone else's experience is different than yours doesn't make theirs less valid.
>>
When's Nyantec gonna buy out the Pokemon Company?
>>
>>27118100
>enjoys pokemon
>complains about something being the same shit every time
>>
How many casuals are going to leave when Gen 4-7 pokemon come in?
>>
did the servers just die again?
>>
>>27125063
Like 12 since most of the casual will be gone by the time gen 3 drops anyway.
>>
>>27125063
until this happens the hype for the game will have mostly died down. It will still have millions of players but not like today.

some assholes will complain and the hate for the new pokemon will rise again for a short period
>>
>>27117864
>nooooo! stop enjoying things!
>>
>>27117934
I wanna hug you seriously. I hope this shit will die soon fookin 2 faced twats follows what popular.
>>
>>27118185
>>27118258
>>27118677
Kids these days
>>
>>27117934
butthurt
>>
File: 2f8.png (775KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
2f8.png
775KB, 625x626px
>>27118441

>Each of these has a p2w microtransaction option because they need to make money from the secondary apps.
>>
>>27117945
Can we put all of those people on those planes for 9/11 v.2?
>>
File: i am oldfag.jpg (38KB, 726x483px) Image search: [Google]
i am oldfag.jpg
38KB, 726x483px
>this thread
>>
>>27121381
Lol wtf people actually nickname they're pokemons. Who cares, really.
>>
File: Go vs SM.png (36KB, 1491x717px) Image search: [Google]
Go vs SM.png
36KB, 1491x717px
>>27118757
Hard to see, it pales in comparison to the Go hype.
>>
If they wanna keep normies playing they're going to have to make some changes to allow them to play the game less actively. Just having run In the background so you can collect steps would probably do it. As it is, only big pokemon fans and fans of ingress type games are going to stay with it.
>>
File: bob.jpg (44KB, 507x515px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
44KB, 507x515px
>go brings Pokemon to it's peak of popularity
>but ruins the franchise into an unrecognizable shell of it's former self

Feels really bad man.
This post will be a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9.
>>
>>27118820
>Increases are largely from RBY

We thought they couldn't pander any harder to genwunners in Gen 6...they're just going to keep remaking RBY at this point. How far away can "Red 2 and Blue 2" be at this point?
>>
>>27119134
lol, those same people are only enjoying Pokemon GO because it has become a major fad. Once the fad dies out, like the Wii, these same normies will stop caring about Pokemon.
>>
File: 1431821741396.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1431821741396.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>27124800
>He runs Roost.
Ditch Roost and run Brick Break. You beat Ttar, Heatran, and can generally get the sweep earlier, so long as you play it safe.
>>
>>27126571
If you put the game on power save mode and flip your phone upside down, it'll keep counting steps. Need to fix vibrating for a new Pokemon in that mode though since it doesn't work
>>
>>27121475
>Team Valor

Consider killing yourself at earliest convenience
>>
>>27117599
The normies have taken one more thing from us. sad.

Soon everything that was cherished by this site and other niche internet communities will be commodified, socialized and mobilized. What isn't will simply stop being made or be criminalized. The internet is dying and turning into mobile social 2.0 bullshit bit by bit, fandom by fandom. I wonder how long will it be until chinese moot sells this site to facebook.
>>
>>27127782
>Normies coming for the vidya.
>Normies coming for the chinese cartoons.
>Normies coming for cntroversial political views
>Normies that will never be satisfied, taking what little anon has to call his own.
At least they'll never take my fetishes. That shit will never go mainstream.
>>
>>27117830
what's the big deal? the original games are still there.
>>
>>27118230
DESU the end of my time playing games is probably going to arrive sometime after Sun/Moon comes out. I just can't deal with the "take this shitty unfinished half-game and pump money into it to play it and unlock the other half of the game" mobileshit infecting even non-games at this point.

I don't own or want a phone and I don't want to deal with the always-connected horseshit being shoved up everyone's asses. Handheld devices have always been my favorite, and once they're gone, I honestly don't have any interest in continuing to buy games. Phone controls are fucking shit and compatibility across devices is a joke, and phones are unsafe and easily stolen. I just don't want to deal with all of the bullshit anymore. I know I sound like a salty old man right now but I can't help how I feel, I just feel honestly disgusted watching all of this mobile garbage corrupting everything I used to like.

Go will probably make you buy expansion packs to add in the rest of the Pokedex because that's just what mobileshit does. It's just... sad.
>>
>>27118115
What should they be doing instead, being wageslaves? Who gives a shit what people enjoy in their spare time?
>>
>>27117599
WORLD WIDE RELEASE when?
>>
>>27118323
No offense anon but people like you horrify me and make me want to stop waking up every morning. It's literally ALIEN to me the idea that people ACTUALLY LIKE mobileshit and they're not just tolerating it because it's the only option for a lot of people, let alone that they would actually WANT things that are actually good ported to phones and their shitty compatibility, terrible controls, and the fact that all your information can be sniffed out of a phone from across the room. It's just fucking horrifying. People can like what they like but I feel like I'm living in some zombie horror movie, except the zombies are phone users that literally DESIRE shittier experiences that put their security at risk.

I will never fucking get it.
>>
>>27118441
Shit like this lowkey makes me hope my biopsy comes back malignant.
>>
Anyone with a phone that doesn't have a gyroscope try emulating the gyro to make AR mode work? Half the appeal of the game is taking pictures of Pokemon in dumb real life locations so it's a bit lame if I can't even do that.
>>
>>27127782
You are the definition of hipster.
>>
>>27121381
You don't have to do that. It's not forcing you to. I still have my starter despite owning stronger ones.
You can catch and trasnfer Pokémon, but you can also keep your favorites. You can battle gyms and log in win records.
It's fun and it's free, and I really suggest everyone should try the game before complaining about it.
>>
>>27128311
Not really. I don't give a shit about whether something's popular or cool or if i was on it before it was cool or whatever. If you don't see that the internet has massively changed from the pre-mobile days when anyone could have a website and it would actually be read to the post-mobile locked down days of facebboks and youtubes, you're blind. And it's not just me saying it, Tim Berners fucking Lee, the inventor of the worldwide web agrees. See:

http://www.decentralizedweb.net/
>>
>>27118958
This is why I don't own mobile devices.
>>
>>27117778
That's actually not wrong, these things always last 2-3 months before the next thing comes out and normies with their perpetual ADHD over fucking everything switch to the next fad. I'll give it a year since it's Pokemon and fads involving Pokemon always die slower with it having such a large autistic following, but with SM in November there's a good chance that we see it die then.
>>
>>27117816

I think this is actually just the reinvention and rejuvenatio Pokemon needed.
Nintendo now knows that Pokemon still is that magic phenomenon that spreads and connects the entire world and now know that with the right reinvention their sales become millionfold.
Now we finally might be able to get off the rehash train and see some real effort and love put into Pokemon put again and habe it be your guaranteed cash cow that makes money anyway.
Sure it makes money anyway, but it is a difference if you make millions with rehashes or billions with genuinely new cool ideas
>>
>>27128711

*and not have it be your guaranteed cashcow with minimal effort put into it
>>
File: 1467521008892.jpg (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467521008892.jpg
10KB, 500x500px
>having """""nostalgia"""""" be the reason you enjoy pokemon

Fuck off, Pokemon is great because of battles and that will never change. It is the spiritual successor to chess because it can add pieces forever. Chess is a dead game. Even Fairy Chess is less creative and still a competetive dead end.

ENJOY YOUR NEW TOYS. YOUR OLD ONES ARE STILL THERE, REE.

t. 29 year old who skipped everything since gen 2 but knows the value of moving forward.
>>
>>27118438
Mons spawn faster than i can restock balls for there, I was up till 3 grinding
>>
The best thing about this is it's spreading like wildfire. Not even remotely all people have been caught in yet. This is just the beginning. This is gonna explode.
Buy Nintendo stocks. The 50% raise is nothing yet.
>>
>>27117778
The same happened to my beloved TwitchPlaysPokemon. :(
>>
>>27118175
I know multiple people who have spent at least 50 bucks already on the game. These guys are making a fucking killing.
>>
>>27118192
I'm gonna need that watch, need to save my battery life.
>>
>>27118102
1. Fuck off with the meme vocabulary.

2. You're objectively wrong.
>>
>>27118214
>>what is wow
>>what is league of legends
Shit games that only the scrubbiest of losers play.
>>
>>27117599
>>27117816
>>27117860

When I try logging in with the old giogle account it just loads forever. Why? I can proceed with a new acc but not the old one? Anyone knows how to fix it and why it happens?
>>
>>27129206

>There are people who will buy stuff monthly or even daily just because

Still reminder that it hasn't released in Europe and Asia yet.
>>
>>27128711
>actually wanting p2w mobileshit to be the default
>>
>>27117860

I think you're overestimating the nostalgia factor. I already see people getting into who have no idea for Pokemon or never were interested about it at first every day. Heck I even see peope who don't even know the first gen Pokemon names playing it.
The thing about it only having the first gen is that the 150 seems to be some kind of magical number. It's many enough that you think the number is endless but it's not so mucj that you think it's impossible to catch all.
I wonder if they will add the new Pokemon in too or if there's gonna be some restriction for that. Maybe 10 new Pokemon every month. Or maybe only new Pokemom if you reached a certain level. I wonder how they'll handle it. Especially because this game relies on capturing the same Pokemon over and over gain for evolution
>>
>>27117599
Fuck all that shit. Where's the cheats at? I have to walk 2KM for each Pokestop and can't be bothered by that shit
>>
>>27120113
>They fixed this with being able to power up the ones you want to keep.
This would be viable if it didn't cost a fuckton of stardust to do so.
>>
>>27129175
That was doomed the moment the game was beaten, since it doesn't really have that much replayability.
>>
>>27123754
The Beatles were always for casuals, you stupid rockist.
>>
>>27118612
I visited the philippines about two months ago.

Everyone there is rich enough to have a smart phone but poor enough to be unemployed or sit around all day.
So they all just sit around and drink beer and play mobile games and karaoke all day.

It's a very lazy country.
>>
>>27128023
>wanting to play the same shit over and over again
>>
>>27129465

I don't want it to be the default. I don't want a default at all. I want to see Pokemon in many forms and not restricted to a certain formula. The formula is what killed the main games. I want to see the games evolve into different kinds and just go beyond what we can even imagine. Pokemon Go is like norhing we've ever seen before and Pokemon should use new media to integrate itself into being a real cultural aspect and not restrict itself to be a handheld game.
Pokemon Virtual reality, Pokemon MMOs, Pokemon artificial intelligence, Pokemon aritificial pets or whatever things we can't even imagine yet.

What Pokemon Go proves is that the Pokemon phenomenon is still real and going and the only thing Pokemon needs to do is to prevent itself from getting stale and trying to give people more of the same but just break boundary after boundary.
This time they know what happens if they just rehash the old formula. People will eventually lose interest. But now they can try things to keep the current fanbase.
>>
>>27129692
>Pokemon Virtual reality, Pokemon MMOs, Pokemon artificial intelligence, Pokemon aritificial pets
YES PLEASE.
>>
NZ - 4.471 million
AUS - 23.13 million
US - 318.9 million
total - 346.491
GO - 138 million
39.8% of the qualifying population is playing
>>
We did it, GO bros!
>>
>>27129692
You'll be glad to know im working on a Pokemon chess right now.

It's going to be almost a strategy game like fire emblem, except the trainers are on the field and can take damage like a king would in chess.

I took inspiration from the manga here, when Red shielded Pikachu with his body.
>>
>>27129692

Similarly the Pokemon Anime would probably receive a phenomenal boost if they just stopped making it the "Ash beats 8 gyms and loses at the League then starts over with Pikachu" show.
What Pokemon fans love more than anything is evolution and development so seeing Pokemon getting stales naturally kills it. Pokemon Origin showed what the Anime could be, but it still was a save attempt. They are too afraid of change and try to tune the existing formulas when the true formula to success is to constantly reinvent yourself.

Pokemon Go might actually have introduced a completely new and amazing era of Pokemon if the developers take their lesson from it and understand why it's so successful
>>
>>27129804

This is just crazy
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10732876
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10732876
http://www.strawpoll.me/10732876
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10732876

Keep in mind that future updates are soft confirmed as the current version is "0.29.0", implying more versions to come
>>
File: 10082789a4.jpg (316KB, 990x832px) Image search: [Google]
10082789a4.jpg
316KB, 990x832px
once winter hits no one will wanna play this just ride the storm.
>>
www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/12/nintendo-shares-investors-gotta-catch-em-all-pokemon-go
wish I had some pokemon stocks
>>
>>27118085
Wait wait wait, I though Angry Birds was the most popular video game in the world.
>>
>>27130001
that isnt relevant anymore sans the animated movie that was late to the party anyways
>>
>>27129883
I like seeing them trying new ideas.

Pokemon shuffle is a fun puzzle game. We've had pokemon pinball, Snap, Hey you! Pikachu, the mystery dungeon series, etc....

They showed they were willing to put a pokemon game on mobile with shuffle. Pogo is them trying out something new with the AR capability and utilizing more of the mobile phones capabilities.

I'm crossin my fingers they take a lot of the stuff from go and utilize it for a new pokemon snap game. Go is pretty much Snap without the actual photography bonus stuff.
>>
>>27129692

this man speaks the truth
>>
>>27118248
Memes aside please explain how the series has gotten worse.
>>
>go to dangerous neighboorhood to catch rare pokemon
>surrounded by black people
>die

so that's why it's called pokemon go
>>
>no way to transfer pokemon to the main 3ds games
>>
File: 1458776903515.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458776903515.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>27123264
This. I forget that anyone on any board has a problem with normies liking the things they like. Isn't that why we all love each other on these Christian boards?
>>
>>27130195

I can see them inteoducing that feature to get people to buy Sun and Moon
>>
>>27129679
you forgot to mention everything is fucking brown and humid.
>>
>>27130251
Injection will go mainstream then. There'll be so many pokemon generation apps spoofing GO.
>>
File: tear.jpg (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tear.jpg
16KB, 640x480px
>finding out your phone is too old to download pokemon go
>>
>>27117599

>mfw I start hearing people talk about X Y now everywhere ever since Pokemon Go

If you think this kills the main games, you're retarded. Any kind of promotion is good promotion.
S&M might just become the most sold Pokemon games since R&B
>>
>>27117599

Are there shinies in Pokemon Go?
>>
The "candy" system is fucking retarded. So the only way I can evolve my Gastly is to catch a shit-ton of other Gastlys and feed them into a meatgrinder until I get enough Gastly candy?

It should be a universal rare candy.
>>
File: 1466898058031.jpg (30KB, 512x381px) Image search: [Google]
1466898058031.jpg
30KB, 512x381px
>>27130639
supposedly. i've seen a few on here and /v/. they could just be clever shops though.
>>
>>27130639
>>27130675
all shops, no real shinies
>>
>>27130739
any way you can confirm this? or should we all just take your work for it anon?
;)
>>
>>27125887
I can get quite fun when you remember these names will be visible to the public. I'm still trying to find a good place to put up my prize Jynx, 'DinduNuthin'.
>>
>>27130155
I caught a ratta in the hood today and no one tried to sell me crack.

It was a good day
>>
>>27130654

I think it's cool. Makes you happier when you encounter an already evolved form
>>
>>27129680
Pokemon GO in a nutshell.
>>
>>27130867
The names aren't public. Only you see your pokemon names on gyms. Though your account is 100% visible when you're a gym leader.
>>
anyone else gotten it going on bluestacks? i got the rooted version of it, but it didnt have the play store. fucked with it for a minute and dont feel like wasting any more time on it. did you guys just download the apks from somewhere, or copy them from your phone?
>>
>>27130806
well I can't prove a negative, but as a field tester I'm pretty sure my phone will be blowing up like a terrorist when Niantic confirms shinies.
That said...
Standard as of shiny chance is 1 in 4,096 as of X/Y so I'm pretty sure 138 million users would have made it common knowledge, not hearsay and rumor.
>>
>>27118629
Are you nuts, that revenue annualised would mean go has increased pokemon companies revenues by over 33%.
>>
Imagine if Masuda actually payed attention and added some of the GO features or connectivity into sun and moon. 7th gen would easily outsell every other generation.
>>
>>27120081
Lol, I tried that out years ago and remember something very different. Monster Hunter 1 size maps, with nothing but a shitty Korean MMO grind and the most basic daily 'go kill 10 whatevers' quest system.
>>
Sweet.
>>
got softbanned an hour or so ago, but still cant use stops. it only lasts for 30 mins right?
>>
>>27119460
>Implying my analysis of the situation has anything to do with buzzfeed
>Implying I'm unaware of the 'full access error' statement
>Implying the above in any way counters the fact you're not playing for free, you're signing a contract to share your data
>>
>>27119481
But famitsu, you imply my statement is evidence I am only aware of these facts because of GO — not true — the fact 'every app does it' doesn't make it any less relevant — it also doesn't 100% mean you are in danger or need to go live in the woods

unless you want to begin to go fringe, looking at GO from the angle of
>game caters towards people living in major population centres
connecting the dots then linking GO and similar apps as part of a global agenda to push population majority out of rural areas into major metropolitan zones

or if you want to be more realistic, you can look at GO in perspective of things such as the Investigatory Powers Bill / Snoopers Charter — which every credible company criticised as being A) impossible and B) unethical — the easy way around this is to offer customers a contract, customers can then tick a box and agree to be subject to the terms laid out by these kind of invasive bills
>>
>>27117934
This is literally a month grab, not that it's a bad thing.
BTW these Normies are the ones helping fund extra revenue for GF so we get more games, better games and spinoffs so I'm fine with it.
LeL it's a bigger problem if you live in the city tho
It's fun I guess as a game tho. I'll stick to my phone emulators more though.
>>
Someone popped a lure near my house, do I have to be in range of it to take advantage, or can I just be like nearby?
>>
>>27129619
HGSS was the best run.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.