[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Pokemon stay out of cemeteries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: petitions.jpg (129KB, 682x750px) Image search: [Google]
petitions.jpg
129KB, 682x750px
Should Pokemon stay out of cemeteries?
>>
Your thread shouldn't stay out of the general
>>
>disrespectful to the dead

There is literally nothing disrespectful to the dead.

They're fucking dead. They can't be disrespected.
>>
File: 1447819167165.png (4KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1447819167165.png
4KB, 320x320px
>>27114716
Shit, you're right, I posted without thinking.
I thought myself better than this
apologies.
>>
>>27114696
Yes.
>>
>>27114696
Has anybody said they found Pokemon in cemeteries yet? Or pokestops that would attract mass crowds? Or is the article just wanting preventative measures?
>>
>>27114736
Agreed. The only reason to handle a corpse in any specific way is to satisfy the living. The dead don't care if cremate them with two coins over their eyes or if you mummify them and put their organs into canopic jars. The living relatives of the dead are the ones who care.

But the point of a cemetery isn't for the dead, it's for the living, so I can still understand where this petition is coming from.
>>
>>27114696
>Should Pokemon stay out of cemeteries?
It's just not very tactful. Imagine going to visit your mum or something and some 13 year old steps over her grave to get a pidgy. Just a bad idea.
>>
>>27114828
My friend wandered through a local graveyard this very night trying to chase after a Kingler. Mind you, while some regularly walk through there late, it is technically a federal crime to do so after dark.
>>
File: 1468001976561.gif (1MB, 278x149px) Image search: [Google]
1468001976561.gif
1MB, 278x149px
>>27114828

The cemetery in my area has several pokestops all packed up together in it and seems you are able to encounter pokemon in them. Friend that lives in the next town over says it is the same for a cemetery around him as well. Might because their are certain monuments in them or something? So guess for people who wanna stack up on the free pokestop merch, these kind of set ups in cemeteries could draw a bit of a crowd.
>>
File: 1379451481491.jpg (27KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1379451481491.jpg
27KB, 407x286px
how can you disrespect something that doesn't exist
>>
>>27115073
>families don't exist
>>
For peak tastelessness I want an increased spawn chance for ghost pokemon in cemeteries. I might even name them after the nearest gravestone.
>>
>>27115084
Death people doesn't have families anymore
>>
>giving a fuck about normies

what part of gotta catch them all dont they understand
>>
>>27115112
Work on your English, mate.
>>
imagine being that much of a fucking pussy
>>
Eh, there's no reason to have Pokemon in cemeteries outside of "lolghostpokemon" which would get even more flack.
>>
And how are they going to fucking stop Pokemon from appearing in cemeteries? Pay someone to scour Google maps for fucking weeks and cherry pick every single one so some attention whore doesn't have their poor fee-fees hurt?
>>
>>27114696
Yes, but then again, they should also stay out of gang headquarters but they don't.
>>
There is a cemetery between my work and home. I stop by on the fays the gates are open, drive around 3 times in 20 minutes. Spin about 17 pokestops each time around. Inventory full each time. I do this about 2-3 times per week. Constantly gave 3-4 incubators and 9 eggs.
>>
>ITT
>>
>>27115084
Dead people don't.
>>
I normally hit up the cemetery on my pokestop route, but there was a funeral going on today. I think people should just be aware of common courtesy.
>>
>>27114828
They have fucking movie nights in Cemeteries in Los Angeles. FUCK OFF.

Also thats where ghost pokemon are located
>>
>>27115907
Absolutely agreed. There's nothing wrong with pokemon in cemeteries, they're usually quiet and empty places. Just don't be a clueless autistic dick if someone's trying to mourn.
>>
The biggest cluster of stops near me is a graveyard

One grave is even a gym
>>
File: cemetery.jpg (65KB, 792x706px) Image search: [Google]
cemetery.jpg
65KB, 792x706px
This cemetery near my parents place has graves dating back to the Civil War and some awesome old funerary sculpture.

It also has 29 pokestops and 2 gyms.

Because Niantic allowed people to submit portal locations for Ingress and lazily ported those same points into Pokemon GO the graveyard is full of graves giving free stuff.

Unfortunately, since it's a very low trafficked area, I was there for around a half hour and didn't encounter a single pokemon.
>>
>>27114828
The cemetery near my house is full of PokeStops but because pokemon spawn based on cell phone usage there are pretty much none to be found there. I did find a Polywag at the frog pond there though.

I don't get why anyone would be upset. People go jogging and biking in cemeteries all the time, they're some of the most beautiful nature spots in most cities.
>>
>>27114696
I think only ghost types should be found in cemeteries and I think people need to get the fuck over their bullshit. I've lost friends to head on collisions, to suicide, countless family members and I dont give a fuck if someone wants to play pokemon on their phone while standing on their graves or mine for that matter. Death is a bunch of bullshit and needs to get patched out in the next update. Life is for the living and for enjoying by playing stupid games. Not allowing living things to experience happiness to pay respect to inanimate objects (dead people) is asinine. Living people need to understand that.
>>
>>27115073

>Dead people don't exist
>>
>>27114696
But where would I catch Gastly?
>>
>>27116375
They quite literally don't.
>>
>>27116385
Burger King
>>
>>27116375
>corpses are people
lol
>>
>pic
>prevent players from operating the game if they are moving at high speeds
Yes, but then what about those of us who play on public transportation, or in the passenger's seat of a car? I've caught plenty of pokemon on the bus to work...

>cemeteries
Honestly, this would be the perfect place to find ghost and dark type pokemon, especially if johto or hoenn pokemon get added so we can actually HAVE ghost and dark types. I think they should stay in cemeteries. This is a golden opportunity that is too good to pass up.
>>
>>27116457
>implying they'll ever add true regionalism
They blew it by adding shit like staryu and horsea to the suburbs while I can't find jack shit in my local cemetery.
>>
>>27115907
>>27116126

In general, no matter where you are catching pokemon, you should be respectful of people around you. Don't go into buildings you don't have permission to enter, or places of business where you don't intend to buy anything, or churches or cemeteries where there's some sort of congregation of people around, etc... If you aren't welcome there normally, don't go there to play pokemon. You can always catch things from the sidewalk anyways. Also, don't spend more than a minute at a particular place on the sidewalk, or else you'll look like you're doing something fishy.

>>27116475

It's never too late to add patches, especially if they add pokemon from other generations.
>>
>>27116445
>Fetuses are people
lel
>>
>>27114696
Once the bracelet thing comes out for Pokemon Go Plus, it actually makes it so that you don't have to keep looking at your phone while you drive. You just press the button when it vibrates and it collects shit from Pokestops and catches repeat Pokemon. I don't know how accurate the catch rate is but it's a hell of a lot easier than seeing the Pokemon and pulling over or worse, trying to catch it while driving. They should've come out with it sooner before problems like this arose, however. But meh...chalk that up to the countless things that need to be fixed with this game.

I...actually agree with the no-Poke stops-in-cemeteries thing. This is coming from the guy who keeps claiming the cemetery's gym from across his job, ha. I really only go when it's empty as fuck and hardly anyone is there visiting, but when I'm there I just feel guilty. I guess it's just my brainwashed up-bringing.
>>
>>27116512
>implying i disagree
>>
>>27116512
They're not though.
>>
>>27114696
The first 2 I understand.

But what's wrong with capturing pokes in cemetaries?

How does that disrespect anything?

It's not like you're pissing on graves. You're just walking nearby them. Oooo so disrespectful
>>
>>27114696
yee
>>
>>27115098
>mfw your pokemon game becomes haunted by the ghost of someone's grandpa
>but he doesn't know how technology works so he's stuck in your phone unable to do anything spooky
>HOW DO I GET THIS GOSHDARNED GADGET TO PLAY ELVIS
>THERE AREN'T ANY KEYS, HOW DO I DIAL "YOURENEXT"
>THE HELL IS A GPS? GERIATRIC PROSTATE SYNDROME? DON'T TURN ME OFF YOU LITTLE SHIT, I'M SPOOKING YOU
>>
>>27115907
>but there was a funeral going on today.
Should've asked for the name of the deceased so you could name the ratatta you just caught after them.
Then ask if someone else also died recently 'cause you just saw another ratatta.
>>
Churches too. The service at my church was interrupted multiple times on Sunday by people trying to catch a geodude.
>>
>>27114736
>>27115073
>>27115112
Autistic edge
>>
>>27114696
>Nintendo should be forced to stop people from doing things I don't like
Fuck this generation
>>
>>27116662
Is your church fucking outside?
No one's going to run into a church, I walk around the parking lots sometimes but I never disturb anyone.
>Church in a town near me is literally called 'Truth and Love Ministries'
hearty keks were had with my pokebros
>>
>>27116694
There's a church and a community center, the community center part is shut during service to keep noise down.
>>
Fuck all this.

Why should Niantic have to play nanny and restrict the majority because of a slim minority? Is personal responsibility too much to expect?

Fuck windows phones. Just because you bought a special snowflake phone doesn't mean you are entitled to the same software from a market that isn't actually failing.

As long as nobody is desecrating any graves, why should anyone care what someone's motives are for being in a cemetery. Fuck this "you can't do this because I'm offended" attitude.
>>
There's a Gym in a cemetery near me, the Gym itself is a memorial to dead babies.
That felt kind of wrong to me. I was fine with there being PokéStops, but a Gym on a dead baby memorial seemed kind of off.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160712-034507.png (742KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160712-034507.png
742KB, 1080x1920px
>>27114828
Yeah, at a pet memorial no less.
It's the only one I can see though.
>>
Where else would you catch ghost types?
>>
>>27114696
>>27114696
Fuck no. My local cemetery has a mausoleum that kicked out 9 items when I spun it. It also has a ton of Confederate flags, because south Carolina, but whatever.
>>
>>27114828
There's a gym at my local veterans cemetery, along with 5 pokestops.
>>
>>27116343
Careful around that edge
>>
>>27114828
One of our cemeteries have nearly over 40 pokestops and 4 gyms. It's one of the best places. It's almost like you're in the city.
>>
File: pokem'an.gif (4MB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokem'an.gif
4MB, 540x360px
>>27115891
>>27116375
>>27116670
>>27117390

Fuck off Christcucks. Why are you playing this satanic game anyways?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.