[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Pokémon GO go from no one caring about it during E3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: E32016.jpg (108KB, 904x1200px) Image search: [Google]
E32016.jpg
108KB, 904x1200px
How did Pokémon GO go from no one caring about it during E3 to exploding in popularity?
>>
>>27114408
Normies don't care about E3.
>>
>>27114431
Yeah, the standard gamer crowd aren't the ones exploding the popularity of Pokemon Go.
>>
>>27114408
Literally just: normies.
>>
The only people who go to E3 are people who play video games. Naturally they don't fucking care.
>>
>>27114408
>a shitty outsourced mobile game did more for Nintendo than years of Zelda/Star Fox/Metroid hype combined
>>
>>27114431
People with any sense don't care about E3.

Its an industry expo that exists solely to shill crap and generate hype from retarded consumers.
>>
>>27114408
Say it with me

FREE
PRODUCT
IN
A
SATURATED
MARKET

Did you know it's more popular in spic countries than the first world? Even the asian spics (fillipinos) can't get enough of it. Why? Because it's a
FREE
PRODUCT
IN
A
SATURATED
MARKET
>>
>>27114408
It's fucking free, you idiot.

Normies download any and all of those FREE apps from the android store, play them for a week, and then play the next Candy Crush.

Remember when everyone was practically fapping over Pokemon Shuffle?
>>
>>27114408
It came out...duh
>>
>>27114902
>Remember when everyone was practically fapping over Pokemon Shuffle?

Not really. The sheer explosion of popularity Go has received in just a few fucking days marginally dwarfs any hype there was for shuffle pre or post release.
>>
>>27114902

shitthatneverhappened.txt
>>
GO will die once Gen 3 mons are added, everyone who plays it is a casual genwunner.
>>
Most people playing Go don't care about E3 or actual video games in general
>>
>>27114951
This. Thank you. Go is absolutely a shitty game, but the amount of attention it his receiving will assure that by the complete world rollout it will be the most successful game ever on mobile. The other short mobile fads, like Flappy Bird, are never been so absurdly popular to sweep mainstream media from talking about anything but it.
But they're lucky. The shitty US situation has created the perfect combination of people desperately wanting easy escapism (also see: a shitty cartoon about pets faring one of the best first weekend grossing for an original property of all time), the media embracing the easy escapism, thus making the game even more viral, and intensive coverage abroad of just how much Pokemon GO is viral in the US, assuring that by this week, when the game will hit EU, UK, Japan and spanish speaking countries, it will be the same. Plus we're in pick 90s nostalgia. GO won't die, at least not so soon. If they quickly add trade and newer mons, Nintendo could, for the first time, make mons over the number 251 really mainstream, something it has never accomplished since the GEN II/III setback. Now I only hope, and here hope is our best weapon, that this won't mean that they'll stop making proper games. Nintendo has been pretty vocal in the past about mobile being complementary, but where's cash...
>>
>>27114902

No, I don't.
>>
>>27114408
Free app with Pokémon in it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.