[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Best "vanilla+" ROM hacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (3KB, 160x143px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3KB, 160x143px
Pic related. If you don't want that level of challenge, Red++ is pretty cool. Something challenging, not as hard as the Kaizos, is Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire, meant as something easier to prepare for for competitive and get items easier.
>>
>>27114371
I'm actually about to do a run of every Pokemon "generation". Or, I guess you could call it that. With each game, I'll transfer my Pokemon over, to continue

I'm probably going to do them in this order:
Blue>Silver>Ruby>FireRed>Emarald>Pearl>Platinum>HeartGold>White (I don't think I can emulate X or Y. I don't know if I can emulate 3ds on my PC.)
>>
>>27114543
Don't you own a 3DS anon?

also what does that have to do with this thread?
>>
File: 1468296246565.png (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1468296246565.png
6KB, 225x224px
>>27114371
Drayano's hacks are great. SacredGold, VoltWhite and BlazeBlack. Absolutely loved them.
>>
>>27115031
I do, but if I want to transfer Pokemon, I have to use a program on my computer that transfers them. Besides, I've always used emulators for doing stuff like this, and not the real games.

This was the only thread about emulation and roms, and I honestly thought it would take off, so that OP's topic would be the main focus and maybe two people would give me their thoughts on doing a run like this.

But it sort've backfired, didn't it?
>>
Anyone played LiquidCrystal?

I heard he stopped working on them after HG and SS came out.

I wonder how far he got...
>>
>>27114371
Dray's romhacks are the best 'vanilla' hacks out there. Few changes, and all of them have versions that don't change the game at all.
>>
I want to play through TPP Anniversary Crystal, but I don't know if it's worth it
>>
Anyone know a good R/B/Y hack that doesn't change the difficulty too much? Basically one that removes trade evolutions, exclusives, etc. Or am I stuck with Blue Kaizo?
>>
>>27115717
Red++ is cool
>>
Is there another game like Crystal Kaizo?
I just googled it and the gym leaders having all shinies triggers me.
>>
>>27115858
Thanks anon
>>
>>27115372
The only thing I don't like is the type and stat changes
>>
>>27115411

I'd say it is, it adds quite a lot to the game.

> extra story and set pieces in early and endgame, including several unique endgame dungeons.

> full gen 6 battle mechanics and many convieniance features like a move relearner and infinite TMs

> overhauled movelearn tables for alot of move choice even early on, with backported moves to fill gaps.

> optional external AI program for a large difficulty boost that isn't just pumping up levels

> some shitmons got buffed into being usable

> redone wild tables make it possible to have most evolving pokemon before gym 3, and all non snorlax, non legends by gym 6 (which given the extended content, is probably a third of the way into the game if you commit to the endgame).

> fixed that damn johto level curve.

> voltorb flip
>>
>>27115936
it would be really simple to change that
>>
>>27115411
Yep. It is. It's better than Anniversary Red if you've played that. More polish and also way more content.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.