[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all agree this "game" is terrible, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: GO.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GO.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
We all agree this "game" is terrible, right?
>>
im terrible
>>
>>27114041

Clearly not.
>>
>>27114041
>game

more like SHAME amirite?
>>
>>27114041
I like it so far.
>>
It's pretty bad. Which is a shame because the concept has potential. But, they were content shitting out an Ingress clone with a Pokemon skin on top.
>>
>>27114041
the fun of the game is metting new people and bantz

autists like you most likely dont understand this and think people like the game only because you catch pokemon
>>
>>27114246
Yeah, and that was fun for the first couple of days. But the game has no staying power. I'm not going to go out prowling the streets every fucking day just to be able to play it.

It needs a battle system and more content, period.
>>
>>27114041
People with taste agree, yes.

>>27114226
Tripfags don't get an opinion.
>>
>>27114041
>We all
>all

Judging by the number of generals and otherwise postitive Go threads going around in /vp/ this week, no.
>>
File: Goat Suspicious.jpg (34KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
Goat Suspicious.jpg
34KB, 600x601px
>>27114041
People who remotely have an understanding of good taste do, at least. Normies will like every piece of crap you throw at them; this "game" is proof of it.
>>
>>27114390
I wouldn't call most Go threads "positive". "Negative", "cancerous", or even "divisive" would be better adjectives.

>>27114396
/thread
>>
>>27114246
The "it's a social game" argument is such a massive copout.

It doesn't have a friends list and the ways you interact with other trainers are insanely minimal. If that's what they were going for, they fucked up pretty hard.
>>
>>27114041
Its not too user friendly for the people who live in rural areas and dont want to spend money on buying pokeballs.
>>
>>27114318
I'm kind of in the same boat.

I really don't see myself still playing it a week from now.
>>
>>27114504
You have your phone. Ask people for their number; go in cars and take gyms
with each other.

>>27114318
And it will.
>>
Objectively, yes, it has a lack of content and mediocre content left and right.

The popularity of the game itself combined with Ingress gameplay, and ACTUALLY meeting and playing with locals is a really neat experience.

If you enjoy the experience rather than the gameplay itself, then I'd be hard-pressed to call you tasteless.

That said, a lot of rural players can't participate and see the game objectively for what it is, a very flawed game lacking depth and full of glitches.

I like meeting groups of people and being able to ask what team they're on, form random friendships for a few hours. Shits cool yo. Screw personal taste, this game is still fun.
>>
It's terrible. That being said, I can't stop playing it.
>>
>>27114572
Okay. Then any game can be a social game if those are the requirements. Let's exchange numbers and play Pac-Man sometime.

Doesn't change the fact that it obviously wasn't designed to be one. It's only social in the sense that people congregate at specific areas to play it. Nothing else.
>>
>>27114041
Yep. The genwunner and normie pandering has gone too far recently. First X/Y then RBY on Virtual Console, now GO starting out with Kanto Pokémon only.

GO is pretty bad as it is, but it may get more tolerable with updates. Mechanics are still pretty piss poor and nothing compared to an actual Pokémon game, but the normies will eat it right up.
>>
I think it's f un
>>
>>27114738
>Let's exchange numbers and play Pac-Man sometime.
So in Pac-Man you walk around to real life places and have the chance to interact with people?
Its not really a social game, but it allows you to be social, and your comparison sucks.
>>
>>27114756
I know it's a shit comparison but the point still stands to some extent.

Maybe a better comparison would be fighting games? They hold tournaments for those and people gather to watch/participate, that does not inherently make them socially driven experiences.
>>
>>27114504
>It's not a social game because it does not have a feature to make it easier to avoid face to face socializing

Come on, son.
>>
>>27114799
>>27114768

replied to the wrong guy
>>
>>27114799
That would work better. You have the option to interact, but in a social game you have to interact to advance or advance at a decent pace. You can walk down the street with this app and not look at anyone you pass by.
>>
>>27114827
That's exactly what I was getting at: you don't have to socialize to play Go. Your experience is merely better if you do, which can be said about a metric fuckload of games.
>>
the only people that hate this game are people that are afraid to get out and deal with the real world
>>
Depends where you are. If youre in a big city its easy to find sweetspot pokestops that have lures active 24/7.

Suburbs/rural areas will have a harder time.
>>
>>27114738
I mean, isn't that why arcades (presumably) are so fun? Because they have games, like Pac-Man, there, where a lot of people with a shared interest in a particular thing congregate

I mean, I don't know for sure. Last arcade near me closed down like eight years before I was born
>>
>>27114041
OMFG shut up already, these posts are annoying as fuck, no one cares if you don't like it, don't play it, no ones making you.
>>
>>27115641
butthurt ruralfags
>>
I'll admit it lacks content, which they have said will come, like trading and shit.

What's weird is that it's missing simple things that Ingress has, like being told if a Portal is under attack, and being able to see the map from a website, showing where Portals and fields are, and who owns them.

The latter is important because for ruralfags using the intel map they could see where the fuck they had to go to do something.
>>
>>27114041
It's decent, but it's far from "the game to end all games."
>>
If you unironically use the word "normie" in your posts, your opinion is worth as much as a weeb/brony
>>
>>27114396
>"If they don't agree with me thier taste is bad"
>>
>Can't download it on my Android that isn't even two years old

Yeah nice job Niantic. Are they gonna update compatibility with different phones soon? How much data does it typically use?
>>
>>27114041
It's pretty good for what I paid for it. In no way compares to the mainline games or any of the other 3DS spinoffs.
>>
as a game in isolation, not that great obviously

however I think its pretty unrivaled when you consider the social interactions and capturing the spirit of the franchise (going out in the world and catching pokemon)
>>
>>27116834
What phone? my phone is old (and I wanted to change it because no AR) but it works quite well on it. Do you have something with an intel cpu?
>>
>>27116763
Probably on purpose. Because of, y'know, the whole GO EXPLORING WE WILL NOT TELL YOU ANYTHING!!! thing. But yeah, for some people it's a very, very, very bad idea.
>>
Wish they'd do a real worldwide release instead of forcing me to download some dodgy APK
>>
>>27116834
My phone is older than that and I can play it
I just don't get AR, that's it.
>>
>>27114838
What changes is what the GOAL of the game is. And in go it's clearly this that they were aiming for. Maybe it ill have "real" social things if they indeed do events later, but we'll know. Since we don't even have trade yet, it's way too early to say.
>>
>>27114041
It's ok but I will never understand why people are hyping this so hard while Ingress has been around forever but was always considered an obscure hipster thing. Most of the people freaking out over PoGo were never even into pokemon. PoGo is literally just a pokemon reskinned Ingress with slightly different mechanics and less portals. I play both but still think Ingress is the better game. Go was just released earlier than it really should've been and is kinda buggy and feels unfinished.
>>
>>27114041
Yeah, it made my worst fears come true: nor Nintendo nor Niantic had any idea of the reach this concept had/has.

I don't understand, emulators allow you to have real-time battles over bluetooth/wifi so very fucking easily, how is it so hard to integrate that into the game, not to mention the battle system is shit.

Is funny how the concept has so much potential the game is still fun despite being so shitty and unfinished, I hope after they realize the popularity they decide to scratch it, hire a hundred more people into the dev team and start all over so they can deliver a high quality product, this is too quickly heading the Mighty no. 9 path.
>>
>>27116975
They aren't forcing you to download the apk. Your impatience is.
>>
Its fun and also not a game

the issue with it is that you are calling it a game
>>
>>27114504
the edgeland needs your dark fedora powers, go save them
>>
>>27117084
Fuck sitting on my hands while it's there to download. May as well release it properly of people can download it anyway.
>>
Poor planning if they were gonna release this worldwide and the servers can't even handle the US.
>>
>>27114041
Its a lot of fun and it's been bringing tons of people together. Going to a 400+ people park meet and picnic in my city
>>
>>27114041
If you're a lazy fatass shut-in, sure.
>>
>>27114041
The game is for kids and normies, fucktard. It is not intended to be some high level gameplay with a ton of strategy. It is just suppose to be fun with a little exercise. I believe it sucks because there is hardly any competition and zero strategy.
>>
its a reason to get out with friends, its just fun collecting them, i havent even visited a gym yet and i still find it tonnes of fun
>>
>>27117209
servers are trash right now. What do you think might happen if they released it worldwide so normies from ALL the countries in the world get into the boat?

They already said that they didn't expect it to be SO popular (not that anyone needed them to say it given the crashes). Hence the servers.
>>
>>27117245
wanted to reply to >>27117171
but it works too. Apparently they were to most surprised by the popularity.
>>
>>27117245
It's happening because Yuros are hopping onto American/Australian/new Zealand servers. It'll get better once they get servers for them.
>>
>>27117272
Yeah, they just didn't plan for it to be so big so t'll probably take a couple of days. I can't even blame them for it, if anything they were just too naive about the popularity of what they were getting into.
>>
>>27117292
It's a mix of both for sure. I've heard the UK was fucked for a good 6-7 hours earlier.
>>
>>27117292
Would probably be better if they weren't completely radio silent on the issue other than "working on it"
>>
>>27117321
He's just being a cunt m8.
>>
>>27117305
They're silent about pretty much everything annoying or them apparently. a lot of people can't play the game because it doesn't work with Intel cpu (which annoys me quite a lite since I wanted to take a Zenfone 2 for this and more importantly VR) and they get a lot of questions about it, but ignore them while answering to other things.
>>
>>27117286
Im pretty fucking sure more than friendless fatasses play this game hence why it's so popular. Friendless fatasses are more like the people who wont play it

>No friends to meet-up or go on walks with
>Fatass, doesnt go outside.

Think before you type, friend
>>
I thought I was the only one who hated it.
>>
>>27114041
>game
>>
Installed it 2 days ago, uninstalled it today. I can't jog and Go at the same time and it consumes so much mobile data and battery just for being idle.
That and after catching about 142 Pokemon it just got repetitive and boring, the only enjoyable thing about it was taking pictures of a Pokemon on the street or by the river or something and I can do that with photoshop or MSPaint.

I give it a 3 out of 10 because it was enjoyable at first.
>>
>>27114041
It's not a good game, but it's a great excuse to hang out with friends.

I wish it had more depth because I feel like people are going to get bored with it before they add new content.
>>
I don't get why so many of you are treating this FREE APP like an actual, strategic game. It's not, it's something to if you're out and about, it gets people out of the house, socializing, the app isn't complete, you know this and still so many of you bitch on about it.

It's not a "game" it's an App.

It's free, it's not going to be a complicated Pokemon Game.

It came out a week ago, give them some fucking time to update things.

Stop Whining.
>>
>>27114041
Hi /v/
>>
File: le smiling goat.jpg (60KB, 653x495px) Image search: [Google]
le smiling goat.jpg
60KB, 653x495px
>>27114226
>>27114396
>STILL liking Pokemon GOlem
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.