[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Go going to help boost Sun and Moon sales?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: pokemonsunmoon.jpg (188KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonsunmoon.jpg
188KB, 1024x578px
Is Go going to help boost Sun and Moon sales?
>>
>>27102325
Probably. Also 2ds sales
>>
>>27102325
Nope. Thing is, SM will only be bought by people who already own a 3DS, unlike GO which was readily available to everyone who owned a smartphone, which is practically everyone in the world.
>>
>>27102325
I was also wondering this as well
>>
>>27102325
Maybe some, but I doubt the average GO player is going to drop the money on a 3DS and 40 dollar game. Most of them wouldn't play GO if it cost even a dollar.
>>
>>27102325
Most likely. For some people it will re-awaken their love for Pokemon, especially since the new games makes it so easy to play with friends.

Others will buy into it to keep riding the new wave of popularity.

I've already seen people get into the TCGO because of Go, so maybe.
>>
probably a bit, but i doubt it's gonna be much

I mean, most people that already have a 3DS is a pokemon player, and most playing GO wouldn't pay to play
>>
Only if they change the box arts to have Charizard and Blastoise on it
>>
>>27102325
probably a very small percentage of people playing GO will end up buying SM, but I don't think it will be a meaningful number
>>
File: 1418982184509.jpg (291KB, 853x801px) Image search: [Google]
1418982184509.jpg
291KB, 853x801px
>>27102325
GO is only played by the highest level normies and genwunner brodudes. not a chance
>>
>>27102325
Its probably going to hurt them. People who play pokemon just to be part of the trend will already feel a part of the pokemon community and wont feel the need to buy the games. You'll probably also see blogs saying stuff like "why all pokemon games should be on mobile" and shit.
>>
>Playing Go with non-Pokemon players
>"Do you play the actual games at all?"
>"Nah, not since the first ones when I was a kid"
>"They're still pretty fun! And super easy to pick up and put down between classes/work. There are actually new ones coming out in a few months, you should get them--we can play together!"
>"Yeah? Maybe I'll check them out, anon."

I've had roughly this interaction at least 4 times since Go came out. I think Go can help push others into playing the games, but not without help.
>>
>>27102741
>is only
Lol

What a hipster fag.
>>
They don't need to. It'll still break 10 million sales.
>>
>>27102325
I feel if they make it possible to transfer mons from Go to Sun and Moon, it would have a bigger effect. Even if there isn't any connection, though, it will still affect SM sales positively.
>>
>>27102369
>I've already seen people get into the TCGO because of Go, so maybe.

I've heard people talk about how they started rewatching the original anime thanks to a revival of interest in Pokemon due to Go.

Also, I really need to add that it is absolutely insane how literally everyone down here in Southern California is talking about Go.

Anyone know how this blew up? Did Nintendo shill for this hard on social media?
>>
>>27103040

Nintendo just tapped into a vein of nostalgia, they didn't have to shill it.
>>
Depends, has there been any increase in 2ds/3ds sales since Pokemon GO?
>>
>>27103061
So just put out a free app featuring Gen 1 Pokemon and thats it?

Seems too easy. I'm seriously baffled by how popular this thing has become.
>>
>>27102325
Probably, but I'm not sure by how much.
>>
>>27103128
I think it would still be too early to tell.
>>
>>27103134
So far, the success of GO was to be expected, the tricky part is for it to survive after the novelty and nostalgia wears off in a week or two, and the vast majority of people hop on to the next popular app.
>>
A little

Any publicity is good oublicity
>>
I'm buying a 3DS mainly for S&M.
>>
no way
>>
Only if they advertise the main games in GO, which they should
>>
>>27102325

I bought a n3ds xl and pokemon y because of GO today so yea I think so. btw this game is pretty fun and I haven't played any past the original ruby/sapphire
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aHewPFKf4k
>>
>>27102325
no, one thing it's a free app for something that everyone has, a cellphone
other thing is buying a specific console and then buy the game
>>
>>27102902
They still wont buy a 3ds for it. The most they will do is MAYBE buy a 2ds for it when its on sale for 60/80
>>
>>27102325
Highly likely. GO introduced a lot of newcomers to the Pokemon series through a fairly straightforward system, allowing them to appreciate the comparatively complex gameplay of the main series more easily.

Also, GO rekindled the feeling of freedom and exploration that the first games put forth towards their own generation, bringing a lot of people back into the series.

I think the more proper question would be if Sun and Moon can adequately follow up to GO's success; if they can properly capitalize on the element of exploration, unity and interaction that makes up the very core of GO's gameplay.
>>
>>27105865
Shut up faggot bait harder.
>>
>>27102809
The core audience will buy the games anyways, go will only re awake the love for the franchise on some individuals. I don't see how that would be detrimental
>>
Yes, by 10 copies exactly
>>
>>27102325
Definitely. I don't think there's even a question.
>>
>>27102725
a very small percentage of GO players is still a meaningful number, as GO is basically a cultural phenomenon that's capturing the planet.
>>
>>27102325
Yes, but not much.
Go is a free2play app.
SM is a 'real" game.
>>
>>27103134
not just any app, but an app that cashes in on recent technology- geocaching and augmented reality. more important than the nostalgia factor
>>
>>27105884

But he's right you retard.

Pokemon Go has been the most successful venture in the company's history following Red/Blue.

If Sun/Moon can tap into even 20% of the hype for Pokemo Go, its gonna sell extremely well.
>>
>>27104319
what about the GO users who already have a 3DS? or the ones with too much money who've been reminded how much they used to love pokemon? will the average GO user buy sun/moon? of course not. But that doesn't mean a slim but substantial minority won't.
>>
>>27106044
>If Sun/Moon can tap into even 20% of the hype for Pokemo Go, its gonna sell extremely well.
If it can cash in on 2% of the hype, it's going to sell extremely well
>>
>>27102902

They're saying that so that you'll stop selling it to them, not because they're interested
>>
>>27106044
>>27106068
Anon from>>27105865

My point exactly. But another thing that is a major factor in GO's success is its accessibility. It's a completely free app on a device that is pretty much required to function in today's society. Getting one's hands on the app is pretty much an effortless matter.

However, with Sun and Moon that is nowhere near the case. Not only must one have the cash to purchase either game, but to buy the system as well. At the bare minimum, it would cost someone around $120 to get both one version and a system to play it on. Plus, as I said, the games function - at least earlier on - as single player campaigns, fundamentally working against GO's principles.

Needless to say, Nintendo/Game Freak got a LOT more than they expected with GO, and they're going to have to do a lot of work to ensure that Sun and Moon can follow the act successfully.

...Granted, the hype for the series has unbelievably increased within the last week, so that might help a bit, but still, the high prices are going to be one hell of a turn-off.
>>
>>27106245
the accessibility of GO is exactly why it makes a good introduction/segue into the actual games. most people definitely won't buy a 3ds game, especially those who don't already own a 3ds. But some of them will, GO can only help Sun/Moon by increasing the popularity of the franchise as a whole.
>>
>>27106869

Right. I'm just somewhat worried that the main games won't sell well due to preference to GO over Sun and Moon. Worse, people might abandon the main games entirely due to the elitist metagame to join the more open-air atmosphere of GO.

But either way, Nintendo wins, right?
>>
File: Buttons for life.jpg (59KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
Buttons for life.jpg
59KB, 600x510px
>>27102325
>>27102325
Hahahahaha you wish. All my normie friends don't care about the main Pokemon Games. yeah i know its sad
>>
>>27104000
Same here. I bought a 2ds mainly for SM. It may be the last handheld console ever but hey. Better now than never
>>
>>27106052
>what about the GO users who already have a 3DS
they were already buying at least one version

>or the ones with too much money who've been reminded how much they used to love pokemon
they may buy a 3ds but will rather buy the digital versions of the first gen than SM

>will the average GO user buy sun/moon
no
>>
>>27102325
This was likely the plan all along, and it's also Nintendo and Iwata's core strategy for their own mobile ventures. Introduce or re-introduce people to their IP through mobile spin-offs featuring their famous characters in order to (hopefully) drum up more interest and sales in their dedicated hardware games.

We know that Iwata was very involved in Pokemon Go, so it's obvious that this strategy was also for Go and the main Pokemon series, with Go igniting/reigniting general interest in Pokemon. Even if the majority don't care about any Pokemon past Gen 1, if Go can get even a small percentage of people interested in the wider Pokemon series and the upcoming Sun/Moon games, then sales will see an increase.

Anybody who doesn't think Go will impact on the main series sales is just being stubborn because 'normies REEEEEEEEE'.
>>
>>27102325
No because I don't have a fucking 3DS. It's still emulation and Showdown for me.
Ofc if they sold it on smartphones I'd buy it.
>>
>>27102325
well my brother uses his 3ds as a monster hunter machine, this made him buy the digital red version, but he still couldn't care less about SM
>>
>>27108477
>Anybody who doesn't think Go will impact on the main series sales is just being stubborn because 'normies REEEEEEEEE'.
They won't buy a 3ds just for fucking pokemon
>>
>>27109146
Yes they will, hell plenty of people did the same thing for X and Y
>>
>>27109261
I have normie friends who don't give a fuck about the main line. You are wrong if you think thwy will spend money on a Fisher Toy looking for pokemon.
>>
>>27109344
>I don't personally know anyone who does thing so therefore no one does thing
Stop being a retard, plenty of people have bought a console for one game in particular. Millions of normies bought the Wii for Wii Sports. There are people who are buying an NX just for Zelda: BOTW. It may not see success on those levels, but Pokemon has always helped to move Nintendo's handhelds off the shelves.
>>
>>27104000
I bought a 2ds for XY and the stick is now broken.

Gives me an excuse to buy a DS SM bundle if they ever make that
>>
Yes it will but not as much as you think. For example I dropped X without even finishing the league when it released, never bought HG or SS, nor did I buy B&W2. Now I got back into pokemon thanks to GO, finished X and I plan on getting ORAS today to tide me over until Sun comes out.

Fuck Moonfags btw
>>
>>27102344
>he thinks first world countries are the entire world
You, numbers, and geography are not friends child.
>>
>>27109640
Don't buy ORAS. Its literal shit. worse than XY
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.