[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Is it fun?
>>
nope, now leave
>>
>>27098574
Only if you like to ERP by yourself.
>>
>>27098574
If you farm for items in Pelipper Island. This game REALLY wants you to use items. It's GOAT if you have maybe a few dozen petrify wands and reviver seeds.
>>
>>27098574
I want to try
>>
>>27098574
I can't get over the fact all Pokémon can potentially have the same stats and that evolving does nothing. It goes against the whole concept of Pokémon.
>>
>>27098722
Then don't let the difficulty put you off. Get gud and you'll have something that's on par with Sky.
>>
It's one of those games that people say "you just haven't gotten to the good part!"
If I have to play a game for 20 hours before I get to 'the good part' then it's not worth it.
I tried playing it but never got to the good part appearantly. I was like 20 or more hours in. People praise it a lot though, say the story is great, but I found it very childish.
>>
>>27098574
Yes, it is very fun. The story is okay if you try not to overthink it, the gameplay itself it's where this game shines. The game's difficulty is overrated, if you use your items accordingly, you'll be fine. That doesn't mean it's easy though. Don't forget to forge an opinion yourself
>>
>>27098574

Yes, and it has amazing music

https://youtu.be/mHgw1CJGi9w
>>
>>27098854

https://youtu.be/usuKnzJLoHU

Whoever did the soundtrack for this game is an amazing guy. You hardly expect to hear music like this in any Pokemon games.
>>
>>27098574
lol fucking nerd playing games like this why not jutst play pokemon go its more fun and it actually involves leaving ur house
>>
>>27098914

Less shitposting, more music

https://youtu.be/blge4fEHzoo
>>
>>27098574
Fun for a while but gets very repetitive, and not in a good way.
>>
>>27099016
What if there was a Pokémon Musou?
>>
Eh, it's okay, but Explorers of Sky is way better and cheaper too. If you don't already own it you can't get it on Wii U Virtual Console.
>>
>SMD is hard

Is this just a meme from people accustomed to a-pressing their way through the games or something? SMD was my first Mystery Dungeon game and I never found it too difficult.
>>
>>27101235
It's because items and moves actually matter this time around so you can't mindlessly use your A or L+A STAB attack. In Explorers, you could just use Spinda's Cafe to make gummi drinks and max hero Treecko's IQ and stats, with the former letting him do two standard attacks in one turn. It made the game extremely easy, and removed any need to strategize item or move usage, and by around the time you reach Dialga your stats would be in the 110s range. In Super you don't have the time/get the opportunity to do things like that until the postgame, and even then nothing comes close to how good gummis were.
>>
>>27098574
Yes. God tier OST, amazing throwback to the old PMD games; basically the best of the series. (Except for EoD/EoT)
>>
Is Etrian Mystery Dungeon better ?
>>
File: PSMD.jpg (305KB, 699x430px) Image search: [Google]
PSMD.jpg
305KB, 699x430px
I really enjoyed it, replaying it again with a Cyndaquil/Pikachu team. A lot of fun, in my opinion, fantastic OST, awesome atmosphere, great gameplay and once you get into it the story is really nice.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1600x960px
Never forget
>>
>>27098574
meh not as good as explorers of sky better than the last one though. It really depends on what your looking for I will say though that it is super easy if you want it to be, they give you op dragonite and shit early.
>>
>>27098574

I enjoyed it a lot. However, it's not without its flaws, so here's a pro/con list.

>PRO

- If you're a fan of the PMD series as a whole, you'll probably love the new mechanics and interface changes.
- The music is spectacular. Lots of great originals as well as borrowing some of the best tracks from Gates. Best in the PMD series, IMHO. Just listen to any tracks posted ITT.
- Not terribly difficult like it was hyped up when it was first released, but it requires quite a bit of thought and more strategy than in previous PMD titles.
- Recruiting all of the Pokemon in the game guarantees 60+ hours of game time alone, not counting completing the story.
- I fucking love the final boss. Don't spoil yourself.

>NEUTRAL

- The story as a concept is pretty much EoS, but in the same way as how Force Awakens was A New Hope. A rehash, but a good rehash.

>CON

- The pacing was outright bad. The very first part of the story lasts way too long, the middle part wasn't executed to its fullest potential and rushed, and the ending was twist after twist with no room to breathe and process the information. If there were 5-7 more chapters in the story, I'm sure that would fix most, if not all of the problems with the pacing.
- The post story was very confusing to follow because of pacing issues.
- Most of the characters were completely forgotten by the game, though there were a few great ones. Makes emotional moments harder to feel.
- The hyped up "explore other countries" feature was barely utilized.
- 100% personal, but I vastly prefer the sprites in the DS games.

All in all, I give the game a 7/10.

I don't think it surpassed EoS (a 9/10 IMO) in terms of greatness, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good entry in its own right.

The main problem with the game is pacing. It kills a lot of what would have made this the best game in the PMD series, which is why it probably feels like I'm being harsh about it. Like I said, it'd probably be fixed if there were more chapters.
>>
>>27101583
Perfect
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.