[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Dragon/Normal as a typing? Is the ghost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1460276675194.png (144KB, 900x907px) Image search: [Google]
1460276675194.png
144KB, 900x907px
What do you think of Dragon/Normal as a typing?
Is the ghost immunity worth the fighting weakness?

Do you think Drampa should've been Dragon/Something else?
>>
>>27096415
First, tell me how many times you have lost a match due to taking a Neutral Shadow Ball, or fuck it, let's get crazy, Boosted Hex at the wrong moment?

Second: How many matches have you lost due to your tank not being able to withstand yet another round of Close Combat spam?

Third: You have one coverage slot, on a pokemon equally equipped to use physical or special moves. Do you teach it Shadow Ball/Claw, or Focus Blast/Superpower.

The verdict should be: FUCK NO THE GHOST IMMUNITY ISN'T WORTH IT! IT FUCKED UP HELIOPTILE AND PYROAR BEFORE IT, HOW DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE ANY DIFFERENT! THE ONLY TYPES THAT NORMAL HAS, OR WILL EVER WORK ON IS PSYCHIC/NORMAL, AND GHOST/NORMAL! DAMMIT!
>>
If Drampa has good Special Attack, then it'll be worth it for the STAB Hyper Voice

>>27096514

Pyroar and Heliolisk sucking has nothing to do with being part Normal
>>
I'm hoping for stab extreme speed.
>>
>>27096525
No, but they are made shittier by having the typing than if they were simply pure Electric or Fire. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
>>27096557

I did these calcs without their Normal typings

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pyroar: 324-382 (103.5 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heliolisk: 419-495 (158.1 - 186.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

They wouldn't survive even if they were pure Fire and Electric, the Normal type doesn't hinder them at all, they get nothing but benefits from it, like the Ghost immunity and STAB Hyper Voice
>>
>>27096557
Normal isn't as good of a secondary type as some others would have been, but it doesn't make them significantly worse than being pure typed. Hyper voice is a nice move to have STAB on, and they don't end up with any 4x weaknesses from it.
>>
File: tumblr_o9m191OaWJ1v7285do1_540.png (94KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9m191OaWJ1v7285do1_540.png
94KB, 540x366px
atleast it has a stab that hits all fairy's besides
like 6
heres what drampas gonna do
thanks to beserk ability

Sub,Dragon pulse,Hyper voice Coverage or roost(if it gets it)
its gonna Abuse Sub+sitrus berry
>>
Let's be honest, with the most powerful and common Fighting-type moves (Close Combat, Superpower, Focus Blast), it doesn't matter whether you're weak to them; if you don't resist them, you're getting 2HKO'd at the least.
>>
>>27096599
they wouldn't be OU no matter what. Let's try a few more relevant threats to pokemon of more similar power levels.

252 Atk Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pyroar: 227-268 (72.2 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Not even either the banded or set up set)
252+ Atk Pinsir Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pyroar: 183-216 (58.2 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heliolisk: 156-184 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0+ Atk Krookodile Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heliolisk: 182-215 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
For bonus points, I only posted pokemon that the ability to tank that move would be useful in securing a ko.

Seems like tanking these would be pretty fucking useful if you ask me.
>>
>>27096767
well if weather was still a thing
heliolisk would see alot more usage
>>
>>27096599
Shit, forgot to EV Krookodile
252+ Atk Krookodile Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heliolisk: 225-265 (84.9 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
>>
>>27096415
Okay from the looks of it, it seems like Drampa will get great hp and tie at atk/sp atk but mediocre or shit at everything else. And come on, even if I'm proven wrong and its super bulky, that fighting and the dragon weaknesses will get in the way
>>
Everyone in this thread is legit a Fucking faggot
Do you guys ever think Pokemon are based on design and not
Just from a competitive aspect m?
>>
File: Doublade.png (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Doublade.png
60KB, 250x250px
>worried about drampas weaknesses
partner it with doublade and you should be good
>>
>>27096853
Because if there is one thing I think of when I look at Helioptile and Pikachu, it's "Oh, that yellow mouse is cool, but the lizard with a sunflower for a crest looks a lot more normal to me."
>>
File: normal dragon.png (224KB, 745x279px) Image search: [Google]
normal dragon.png
224KB, 745x279px
>>27096853
>>
>>27096870
>>27096929
What truly does constitute the Normal type anyway? Is it typically just"litteraly my mom's X"? I've always thought it was a weird type to have so many fucking Pokemon in it.

Also how the type interacts with others like Ghost and Fighting are interesting. It's not super effective against anything right?
>>
>>27097190
Sometimes neutral damage is handy
Only one thing resists it and one thing is immune.

Return is lovely, and maybe Drampa can get boomburst since he's Sp.Atk based
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.