[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Don't I Like GO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

I've been playing since the first main series games came out and I'm such a hardcore fan and I love the franchise so much as a whole, but why don't I like Pokemon GO? It really bothers me when people message me asking me if I'm playing GO and all these memes are starting to annoy me also. But I can't seem to figure out why I don't like it. Help me /vp/
>>
Cool story

Want a cookie?
>>
>>27088562
I hate cookies
>>
1 you could've posted this in an existing thread instead of making even more GOflood

2 seems like you're basically disliking it because it's popular
>>
>>27088744
I doubt that's what it is, I mean I really want to like it cause I usually enjoy most things Pokemon
>>
>>27088547
Well, its either that you were made fun of as a kid and seeing it popular again makes you not like the idea of it, or you might recognize it for what it is. It's not really in-depth like the actual games, and it might not interest you.

I was about 10 when the games came out, and been there ever since. I'm kind of the opposite on Go, though. I don't think it's amazing, but I'm glad to see Pokemon interest rise again, if only for a little bit.

Memes are really annoying, though.
>>
>>27088547
>Help me

How the fuck do you want us to help you? You get annoyed when it has zero importance. Grow up maybe?
>>
>>27088744
A lot of people have that "I was here first" feeling. I can understand it, but it's still a silly notion.
>>
>>27088547
Because it's a mobile """""""game""""""" that somehow managed to turn the already dull battle mechanics of the core Pokemon series into a game that amounts to flicking balls.

Something about it just feels cheap in a way that I can't explain.
>>
>>27088789
Don't get me wrong I love that the franchise is getting more attention but I just don't see these people buying say Sun and Moon. they're just casual players who'll drop it once the fad dies.
>>
>>27088856
I think it's more of a "Hey I stuck it out feeling and you come back purely for nostalgia"
>>
>>27088892
>they're just casual players who'll drop it once the fad dies.

Just like 80% of the people who will buy sun and moon, right?
>>
>>27088891
I think you just explained why it feels cheap, and I agree with you. I still think it's decent, but it absolutely is much shallower compared to the actual mechanics.
>>
>>27088950
Moat people who buy a Pokemon game will stick with it, at least complete it I mean which means they had some sort of interest in it to buy it. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think GO is gonna bring in a lot of new players.
>>
>>27088891
This. I'm trying to like it but there's just so little game to like. It's more of a social app than a game.
>>
>>27088547
just try it out, it's not that bad. whatever you do don't just sit in a rural neighborhood and expect them to come to you. Go into a city
>>
>>27089021
Isnt doesnt take that long to clear a pokemon game but most people will stop playing pokemon quick if theyre not into that competitve or breeding tripe
>>
>>27088547

you don't like it because the combat system is retarded and lacks and depth, the entire game is just an arms race based on luck, it requires you to actually go out and excersize.
>>
File: murgh.jpg (69KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
murgh.jpg
69KB, 500x598px
>>27088892
>>27088916
Yeah I had just woke up and I didn't quite phrase things quite the way I meant. Yeah it's a bit frustrating that it really does pander to nostalgia, but honestly I don't mind it. I keep to myself a lot, especially keep myself away from social media, so I admit I'm not as exposed to all the casual wunners coming back for a meh app they'll drop as soon as they lose interest.

I'm pretty sure a few people will get hooked again and end up getting that love back, and I'm all for encouraging that. I'd say give it a try and do it on your own, and see if you feel different.
>>
>>27088547
Fuck off.
You really made a thread to ask us why don't you like GO?
How is anyone here going to know when you're too fucking stupid to figure that out yourself.
>>
>>27089109
>requires you to go outside
I'm pretty sure that those who started Pokemon at 10 or so and have been around since the beginning have always wanted this part, to actually go out and find them in the world, so I doubt that's even remotely the issue. I'm in terrible shape, and I all but jumped at the chance to be outside and track down Pokemon. I would have adored this app as a child, but it's just alright as an adult. It does stir up some nostalgic sense of exploration, and I'll take whatever gets me out of the house.
>>
>that feel when none of these are even unique, they're all the same besides a different "CP" level
>that feel when its only the original 151 because they probably couldnt handle all of the rest or only wanted to cater the ones who dont play the game anymore "genwunners"
>that feel when its from nintendo apparently but the move sets and PP of the moves make no sense
>the HP stat has no logic behind it
>PEOPLE ARE PLAYING THIS CALLING THEMSELVES POKEMON FANS AND THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE NAMES OF SOME OF THESE POKEMON THEY'RE CATCHING

wew lad you normies have fun with your shit-tier "its social and physically active" game. Needing a game for an excuse to exercise is pityful and thinking you know pokemon just because you know SOME of the original 151 is hilarious.

The venting is over, enjoy your game anons. Be careful outside though, pay attention to roads and others around you.
>>
Literally every fucking anti-Go argument boils down to:
>I don't like it because it made Pokemon popular again!

Suck it up, you fucking baby. Ride the hype wave while it lasts, and who knows? You might make a few friends along the way.
>>
>>27089398
Check it out, I can't read!
>>27088789
>>27088891
>>27088981
>>27089031
>>27089109
>>27089334
>>
>>27089455
>>27089334

it was copy pasta from /b/ anon, dont take the baits
>>
>>27089334
Well, where else would they start BUT the original 151? Maybe have the Gen Two Pokemon as well, but if they started with Gen Three Pokemon that wouldn't make sense.

Yeah, the calling themselves Pokemon fans thing is annoying, I'm sure.

It might be pitiful to use it as an excuse to exercise, but it's better than nothing, and I accept it. I don't care if it's social, though.
>>
>>27089533
ill give you that its a good learning/beginner game but the amount of memes and over-hype for it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Plus it wouldnt have hurt them at all if they actually just kept the games simple mechanics/logic into pokemon Go. Like just seeing moves that have PP amounts that are way off compared to the games just makes me scratch my head and wonder what their actual goal is here.
>>
>>27089621
I completely agree, I don't know where they want to go after this
>>
>>27089621
Oh for sure, I'm sure the hype was annoying, when I think most of knew it really had no chance of being as amazing as it sold itself. /vp/ is all the exposure to Pokemon Go meme-ery I'm allowing myself, and I shudder to think of how bad it is right now, so I can certainly understand that being just the worst thing.

Dumbed down a simple system for even the least initiated to be able to kind of play. If it did have the original mechanics I'd find I could actually call it good. The goal is making their strokes as broad as possible to snag everyone they can. I am glad that a lot of fans can see it for what it is though, and don't like it, and I really don't like how much venom is shot back and forth between people and their reasons for liking it/not liking it.
>>
>>27089701
The only place they can go is slowly bump themselves up to the actual game's level of existence. I guess they're planning on slowly introducing new Pokemon and the various things as they go, but in the end, it will still just ending up being Pokemon that we've been playing for yeeeeeeeeeeears already.
>>
>>27089031
>social app
>can't even trade
>>
the game is boring. there is no strategy. it's just a time sink and whoever sinks the most time in wins.
>>
I have to admit, it triggers me when normies say shit like "hey check out this game, it's from that old ass cartoon remember? the one with the yellow mouse!". And then they pretend to love Pokemon.
>>
>>27090029
Everyone hates fake people

Whats new?
>>
File: nod.gif (363KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nod.gif
363KB, 500x375px
>>27090029
Makes sense, fakers are annoying.
>>
>>27090069

Ran into someone yesterday, ended up walking around for 30 or so min. with him talking about the game, and he didn't know the name of hardly any of the pokemon, and kept asking me the names of the silhouettes.

>What's that rat pokemon?

Raticate? Ratata?

>No, the otherone

????

>Shows me his phone

oh, that's Nidoran female,

>What do you mean female?

etc. etc. etc.

also he was convinced there was a certain spot Rhyhorn always spawned in the neighborhood
>>
>>27090029
This is exactly what I'm talking about, that's all they see it as. It bothers me because they hardly know anything about it and they're just trying to be "hipsters" by playing the game.
>>
because it has none of what makes the games good besides the socialization aspect and you may not like any of the aspects to it that someone else may like it for
>>
File: 1464302382085.gif (110KB, 282x199px) Image search: [Google]
1464302382085.gif
110KB, 282x199px
i don't know about you guys, but i'm getting an incredible amount of pleasure watching all these normie ass looking 20 somethings wandering around my city in flocks seemingly being dragged by there phones to random murals and identifiable sculptures. i love it. i can't wait until we get our first death by GO. some dumbass kid is going to GO himself into the middle of traffic and literally be killed by a phone application.

it reminds me of that one TNG episode where everyone gets hooked on that weird VR game except for wesley and that really cute chick
>>
>>27088781
Get off the board underage
>>
>>27090243
That seems like fun to me, but I really enjoy explaining Pokemon things to new people. Not the Rhyhorn thing, though.

>>27090390
Yeah, that's annoying. Those people are always going to be around, though.
>>
I, for some reason still cant understand how I would be able to enjoy it.

I dont like going out, its not about not being in shape but I just dont enjoy it.

I see the game as being too simple. I can think maybe the collection aspect would be the thing that drives people to do it (not me).

I think maybe if it let you had more of a proper team and a bit more depth to the battle system maybe I would be into it.

As of now I dont get how I could enjoy it, I wish to, but I cant
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.