[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who's sick of evil teams in Pokemon? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: marowak.png (105KB, 605x379px) Image search: [Google]
marowak.png
105KB, 605x379px
Am I the only one who's sick of evil teams in Pokemon? They're almost always the worst part of the game, because apart from the leader, the grunts all use the same pokemon. Not to mention it's all thrown in with a "save the world" subplot.

It feels less like saving the world and more like taking out the trash. It's not fun to stop everything you were doing to fight the same 4 pokemon for about 2 hours in a row.
>>
>>27064149
Yes, you are the only one who is sick of evil teams in Pokemon.
>>
File: 2453042-1813468618-am-i-.jpg (47KB, 460x611px) Image search: [Google]
2453042-1813468618-am-i-.jpg
47KB, 460x611px
>>27064149
>>
>>27064237
ow the edge
>>
The question is, what should they replace it with? The closest they got to doing it right was Team Plasma, and even then the grunts all just used Liepards and Watchogs.
>>
>>27064258
>facts are ow the edge
This phrase means nothnig since it's used everywhere and about anything.
>>
>>27064149
>Am I the only one
Yes. You're a special fucking unique snowflake. Want a trophy?
>>
>>27064182
>>27064237
>>27064286
>>27064296
Cringe.
>>27064277
Good post.
>>
>>27064258

posts like this are why edge has no meaning anymore, thanks for helping kill a shit meme friend
>>
>>27064149
Team Rocket: God Tier
Aqua / Magma: Great Tier, God Tier in ORAS
Team Galactic: Shit Tier
Team Plasma: Great Tier
Team Flare: Jesus fucking Christ why did you even bother
>>
It really is tedious. I did like the Ultimate Weapon part in X&Y though. I hope S&M can put a good twist on it too.
>>
>>27064353
>Team Rocket: God Tier
>Aqua / Magma: Great Tier, God Tier in ORAS

Why's that? Rocket just uses Zubat/Koffing/Grimer/Rattata and the majority of Aqua's team is Carvanha/Poochyena.
>>
I'd say the GC games did it right, but the entire game was going after them, not just a side thing. So i don't think it's fair to compare Cipher to the mainline game evil teams.
>>
>>27064382
Thinking more in terms of writing rather than team composition. The evil teams are a faceroll no matter which gen you play in.
>>
>>27064425
Magma's the only team that doesn't even seem evil at all. If anything it's aqua that's bad.
>>
>>27064541

Depends on your version. The opposite team to your version, Aqua in OR, Magma in AS are the good guys, the "harmless idiots" while the team featured in your version are the "dangerous idiots".

They even reference it after the main storyline, saying "oh wow imagine if we actually followed through with awakening Groudon/Kyogre like Magma/Aqua did! Things would be very different hahaha"
>>
>>27064404
That's why I liked Plasma. They actually did something different and for once, the game was kinda about stopping them. They even upsurp the final boss and it was awesome.

>>27064626
Honestly, the more and more I look at it... it's kinda stupid. *sigh*.
Eh, No crying over spilled milk.
>>
>>27064755
Maybe so, but the way you stop them is by doing what you were doing in the first place. Not game changing material.
>>
>>27064626
Aqua just seems like it's in the entirely wrong region for it.

>we want more water
>in the game with the most water
>>
>>27065102
Team Magma did nothing wrong, rse's last segment before the league is nearly unplayable because of all that endless sea and water HMs.
>>
>>27065530
they should have given the faster surf speed to all pokemon, not just sharpedo
>>
>>27064353
I refuse to believe anyone actually believes that not only are Aqua/Magma are good, but they were better than Flare
>>
>>27065626
I forget, what did Flare even do again? There was that stuff with Yveltal and a weapon, but what did they mainly use other than Litleo?
>>
>enter evil team's base
>they have those arrow spin tiles
>>
>>27065763
>enter evil team's base
>they have those arrow spin tiles
>AND teleports
>>
>>27065782
>enter evil team's base
>they just happen to have a bed that heals you
>>
>>27064149
>Team Rocket the best
>RSE Aqua/Magma great tier
>Galactic shit tier

I'm sorry anon but you have criminally bad taste.
>>
>>27065872
Shit, meant to reply to >>27064353
>>
Why doesn't the evil team just shoot the player? Or just ambush him with their own pokemon and kill him or at least send him KO before he/she can react? Why do they give him money when they lose?
Why don't the gym leaders, elite four and champions fight the evil team themselves? They are always way more powerful, and aren't they supposed to be some sort of guardians or elite force of the region?
>>
>>27065909
>yfw the evil team is actually employed by the E4 to test would be challengers
>>
>>27065811
Well where do you want the grunts to have sex at?
>>
>>27065909
For the same reason the final boss of a game who is a god is lv85 while a cave you unlock mid game has lv91 bats that could destroy him effortlessly, it's a videogame.
>>
>>27066014
>lv91 bats that could destroy him effortlessly
Never happened, the secret super boss is always a stronger god, demon or some other extremely powerful being.
>>
>>27065626
The concept of having two opposing teams was refreshing, and they added a fuckton of stuff onto their plotlines in ORAS.

Team Flare just kind of exists.
>>
>>27064817
I liked it, that way you become champion and defeat the bad guys all at once. Sometimes it feels like the game is over once you beat the bad team and then you're just like yo fuck it I'll be the champ.
>>
>>27064149
It's to make little kids that play the game feel like they are accomplishing something other than cockfights. They should keep them in, just because of this, but also now, just to piss you off.
>>
>>27066804
Or just for easy and big amount of exp.
>>
>>27064382
What? They mix in stuff like Hypno, poison types in general, and occasional ground type.
>>
>>27064149
>the grunts all use the same pokemon.
i wish we could fight things that werent pokemon. like evil robot minions
>>
>>27066078
Stronget god or demon can't do anything if 10+ levels above bat makes him get: -200% hit rate, -200% evade rate, -110% ether hit rate, -50%+ block rate. Block rate is decreased by -5% per additional level.
>>
>>27067714
Name one game that does this.
>>
>>27064149
Honestly, the villains are usually the most interesting characters in the game. That's not saying much, admittedly, but starting with Platinum GF seems to be putting more effort into fleshing out the evil teams. I appreciate the attempts at improving the story, though they don't always succeed (see: Flare).
>>
I'd have less a problem if it didn't go like this every time

>get 7th badge
>barred from going to whatever town the 8th gym is in until you deal with the group

I'd rather it be not so concentrated in one segment
>>
>>27067881
Having said that I completely agree with the criticism regarding the lack of Pokemon diversity. It's annoying as hell when supposedly threatening villains use the same crappy mons over and over. That's one thing Flare was actually good about - I'm pretty sure they used a wider variety of Pokemon than any other evil team.
>>
>>27067950
op here, i wouldn't have as much a problem if they just had more variety in their teams, even with the grunts.
>>
>>27064353
>Team Galactic: Shit Tier
The first Purugly and Skuntank battles alone make them the best evil team.
>>
>>27065811
>enter evil teams base
>Rival is ready to challenge you

Fuck you Blue. That was a dick move.
>>
>>27064149
I need a link to that image's source.
>>
>>27064149
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (27KB, 620x264px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
27KB, 620x264px
>>27064277
Aliens invaders

S&M will have a space theme to it, so why not?
>>
>>27064329
Cringe.
>>
>>27064277
Regular trainers? Local punks in various towns?
>>
>>27064237
I'm the only one who lives in my house.
>>
>>27064329
Cringe. This is probably just OP being a faggot because he's not the only one in the world that had this thought.
>>
>>27075493
7 BILLION LIVE IN YOUR HOUSE ANON
>>
>>27064237
I'm the only one who sleeps in my bed :/
>>
I'd honestly like to see the main story revolve around a tournament or something like that, where a lot of trainers are involved.
>inb4 that's what gyms and the league is for

Yes, but they could include an actual story to it.
>>
>>27064149

I think you should play Pokémon Spin-Off games instead of the core-series games of Pokémon.
>>
I'm definitely pretty tired of the save the world plots and the teams associated with those. I liked Team Rocket because they were just a gang of outlaws making money in illegal ways. Made them feel like a more realistic evil than "I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD AND SHAPE IT IN MY IMAGE!!!" shit. I don't want to be The Savior I just want to catch and battle Pokemon and shit damn
>>
>>27078987
>I don't want to be The Savior
It's not like anyone calls you like that. You merely prevented the apocolypse and the only ones who acknowledge that in a few phrases are your rival, the professor and the champ.
>>
>>27078987
thats why i like rockets the best, they were criminals that simply used pokemon to help on thier crimes like kidnaping, grand theft, racketeering, etc
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.