[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awkward Pokemon GO interaction thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: mimemr.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
mimemr.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
Hey /vp/. So, a little bit ago, my friend and I were taking a late night stroll while a little tipsy to hit some Pokéspots and catch some mons. While walking up to a local park where there are a few spots and a gym, we saw some other people who were clearly there for the Gym, as the team who controlled the gym went from Valor to Instinct as we walked up We took the gym for Mystic, the truly best team . But as we were walking up, I called out "Hey guys, I'm about to throw down a lure module if you wanna stick around." They promptly got back into their car and peeled the fuck out of the park parking lot.
Anyone else encounter other overly introverted trainers?
tl;dr autismos run away instead of trying to socialize over Pokémon GO. Any similar experiences?
>>
>>27053245
Resistance bro here.
Also, blue bro too now.
I've met people in Ingress like that. It's funny to watch them talk crap in comms but as soon as someone sees them they drive the heck away
The best is when you catch some jerk playing two accounts and you know their main but their alt is dropping resonators
Absolutely hilarious
>>
File: Seel in Park.jpg (60KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Seel in Park.jpg
60KB, 540x960px
I actually had a guy come up to me on Thursday in the Gym at the local park. He watched as I tore down the Valor banners and claimed it for Mystic. We talked a bit about the kinds of Pokemon we've seen around, and then he went off on his way.

I finished catching a few more mons around the park, then left to hit up the gym at the Jehova's Witness church. There I noticed that Valor had reclaimed the park Gym almost immediately after I left. By the time I had gotten back there, though, it was in the hands of Mystic again, and no one was in sight.

Clearly there are multiple people hiding around fighting over turf, but that one guy is still the only one I've seen personally.

Pic related, the park is next to a lake and crawling with Seel.
>>
File: tmp_4643-1462570750804533308232.png (1MB, 1350x1250px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4643-1462570750804533308232.png
1MB, 1350x1250px
Fuck, I was hoping to avoid all the normalfags by going out late at night, but they set up TWO lures within a couple metres of each other and I couldn't ignore it.

I wandered close with my phone put away making sure there would be no ambush. Didn't see anyone so I sat down on a bench and got to gathering mons.

I see a lone autist wander closer and then stand in the middle of the street starting down at his phone. Looked like a neckbeard. Feel a little more at ease, assuming it was just him farming. Get pretty comfy just throwing balls and swatting at bugs.

Then, out of fucking nowhere something like 15 normie faggots come around the corner hollering and laughing. They were all wearing yellow and spewing something about a battery bird and were probably circlejerking their Instinct yellow team shit. They spot the lone autist on the street and beeline straight for him, I felt so sorry for him.

They started showing off their shit and said they set up the lure trap to see if they could catch more players. All the roasts were laughing at how they had never played Pokemon before and were meeting so many new people. They asked for his Facebook but he declined, thank god.

I stayed motionless accross the street on my bench trying to catch as much as I could before the lures expired. Though, they spotted me right as I got up to leave.

"Hey, yo! You playing Pokemon? xD"
I just booked it out of there, panicking.
Fucking normals.
>>
>>27053560
you are incredibly autistic, seriously use headphones if you dont wanna be bothered on public
>>
>>27053560
OP here. Sorry pal, even though the Instinctbros sounded like real fuckin' douches, you're the kinda person this thread was made about.
It's the people who wanna just stay in their own little world instead of communicating with the other players around them that ruin the experience of this game
>>
>>27053606
>legitimately thinking this happened

SUMMER
U
M
M
E
R
>>
>>27053560
If you're THAT against ever creating a social life then wear ear buds. Pretty fucking simple my dude.

Also you need to get out more often if you run away from any human interaction.
>>
>>27053730
But what is there to do if you meet up with a random stranger? The only thing that you have in common is at least a vague interest in Pokemon and a 1 in 3 chance of sharing a colour. Are you supposed to make friends and swap contact information? Just talk about god knows what until you sort of awkwardly leave to go do something else? I honestly don't understand.

It's stressful enough as it is to walk down busy streets and multitask spinning the stops and catching the tough Pokemon, to add also another person taking to you?

Sure, perhaps we know we can relate to each other and our minds find some sort of satisfaction in this exchange, but I'm not coming to save you, you're not coming to save me.
>>
>try to smile and be friendly when i see someone playing near me - not if im unsure, only when its blatantly obvious
>dont necessarily say anything, but if they're clearly challenging the same gym or something
>so many autists look embarrassed even though we're playing the same game
Get over it jesus
>>
There's a general
>>
>at a gym
>go to battle, start the battle but it ends for some reason
>gym suddenly becomes neutral
>ok
>claim the gym
>person puts a bellsprout to support my raticate
>someone must've beaten the gym and I claimed it while they were choosing a mon to take it
>look at the car next to me
>two dudes staring at their phones
>halfass try to get their attention
>they drive away
Not sure if they saw me waving my phone around or not. Just wanted to see what they had to say about the area or at least acknowledge that I cucked them out of gym leader position by accident.
>>
File: StaresInLatin.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
StaresInLatin.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
About 20 minutes ago I was walking down the street to the only cluster of gyms and pokestops within 5 miles of me. About 3/4 of the way there when I walk past a normie couple probably in their 30s pushing their kid in a stroller. The dad was pushing the kid while the mom was on her phone laughing.

I pass them and say good morning like any non autistic person would do. Then immediately afterwards the wife says
>"Are you playing that pokey game??"
I laugh and say
>"yes, I was hahaha"
The wife lights up and says
>"Haha we just caught a ghastly!"
We all laugh and walk away

I then proceeded to take over both the gyms and loot the fuck outta 2 pokestops 3 times.
>>
File: Pokémon GO!.jpg (29KB, 797x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon GO!.jpg
29KB, 797x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbEbpXZhzRM

Just roll with it like these dudes!
>>
File: Zinnia_Adventures.png (105KB, 265x395px) Image search: [Google]
Zinnia_Adventures.png
105KB, 265x395px
>>27058708
I'm honestly okay with all of the normies playing this game. If they didn't play there would just be a group of NEETs that would put 900 CP shit on all the gyms and be spergs all the time.

I came across of guys I graduated high school with, the average stoners, while going to a station at the local library. We all laughed and traded info about the town and split ways. This game has been a lot of fun so far, bar the servers crashing during the afternoon.
>>
>work inna hotel
>two dudes check in
>notice they're playing GO
>share a laff
>compare rosters
>they're total noobs, not even level 5
>pride myself of my mons
>give them advice on where to go for drinks and good mons
>they head out into the night

When they came down to the reception after checking in, they loudly proclaimed "THERE WAS A LEVEL 51 RATATA IN THE STAIRCASE!"

My job just became even more fun. Now if only the hotel was a gym...
>>
>>27058760
Same,

Like you said, if it were only neets and shit playing this game it wouldn't be any fun. Crushing Normies because they don't know weaknesses and stuff make it fun for me
>>
>>27053245
>going around on my bike training and trying to find rare mons in the meantime
>Notice many folks strolling from my age and younger obviously playing go
>get to the center of my town and see a fat basement dweller neckbeard playing go
>mfw trying not to laugh out loud

Kek this game really gets all kinds of people out and about. Feels good to be /fit/ though. Just claimed the gym at my old high school for team blue mystic as well
>>
File: 1467518642900.gif (55KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1467518642900.gif
55KB, 300x351px
I was a couple miles out on my jog and I saw that one of the neighborhoods had a Pokespot in it so I decide to stop by it and rest for a couple minutes to farm. I notice these two guys on their phones so I assume they're also playing but they're across the way so I don't really call out to them. A refresh or two later of the Pokespot I decide I should be back to jogging as a notice a Horsea on my radar. As I'm getting I see the two dudes walking back my way so I hold up my phone and ask if they're playing Pokemon. They say, "Yeah" and walk by me. I figure I may as well engage as not to be autistic and ask them, "Where are you guys headed?" One of them turns his head and says, "I'm one print away from an Eevee." and they hop in their car and drive off. Not attempting to socialize or talk at all. I shrug it off and go back to searching for that Horsea.

I just really found that whole scenario awkward and strange.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.