[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive team rate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rmt1.jpg (150KB, 1284x479px) Image search: [Google]
rmt1.jpg
150KB, 1284x479px
can we get a team rate thread? Here's an OU team I made. It has Espeon as hazard control (or just Espeon in general) so it can't be that good but I figured a magic bouncer would make a good partner for Mega Beedrill. It supports the Beedrill/Magnezone/Gyarados core, which is a good core. The remaining 2 mons grab momentum and keep up hazard pressure, which is perhaps the main reason I opted for Espeon over Lati@s. Like all Beedrill teams it's stupidly weak to Bisharp though so that's an issue.

Anyways feel free to post your own teams for whichever metagame you play.
>>
Or you know, don't, that's fine too.
>>
>cancerdorus
>>
>>27046270
>>27047353
I'll bite. Rotom -W pairs better with Lando for Volt-Turn, and you need better Fire control because only 1 member of your team is able to handle it. Where as half your team is rolled by it. There's no benefit to having specs + baton pass because it's not a scarf. If anything swap your scarf and specs users. Or put a balloon on Magnezone. Magnezone is better with bulk than speed. Also consider doing some damage calcs to see what you can withstand, because if you get rolled for speed your team is too frail to stand up to their common threats. One tailwind or trick room user and you're fucked.

Here's my vgc '16 team.
http://pastebin.com/GfvipHh0

M-Gengar and Crobat are my openers with taunt to shut down smeargle, tailwind for speed control and slightly differing speed tiers for Super Fang + Sludge Bomb to take out openers. My primal is Kyogre with max def because it's frail, as well as Thunder to shut down other Kyogre. Paired with it should the need arise is Fug, to stop Groudon and allow me to Tailwind + Origin Pulse/Scald to take it out. I'm fiddling with Rotom-H and Serperior for rounding out the team a' la coverage
>>
>>27046270
Magic Bounce is pretty poor as a lone means of handling hazards. You still always want a remover.

You could probably replace Gyarados for Starmie in that regard.

Your team is pretty weak to Mega Lop and Weavile, so you could also use Skarmory as a physical wall with Defog for hazards. Alternatively, have Skarmory to set hazards and have the Starmie to Spin them away, so you don't lose your own. At that point, you can replace Ferrothorn for something like Serperior.

That'd make the team
Bee, Magne, Starmie, Skarm, Serp, Lando-T

If you want to fuck stall too, replace one of your unimportant members (like Serp) for Clefable or Sylveon. Then, make Bee Adamant and go X-Scissor, U-Turn, Poison Jab, Knock Off.

That way, your Bee can Knock Off Skarm's potential Shed Shell and U-Turn into Magnezone to kill.

X-Scissor is to always hit min 40% on Quag and Mega Sableye, so they're under a lot of pressure.
>>
>>27047613
Since op probably bugged out, any advice for me? >>27047589
>>
>>27047589
I would use Rotom-W if there was a mon I was willing to give up for it. As for fire types, I check Zard-X with Landorus, revenge Zard-Y with any of my offensive pokemon or DD up on it, and I check Heatran with Landorus or Gyarados, although it's hard to switch in on. Lum Berry on Gyarados lets me switch on Volcanion a little easier too.

>>27047613
The team you suggested actually is really similar to an earlier Mega Beedrill team I made (It had Suicide Lead Skarmory, and Raikou over Serperior.)

Yeah I really get that I need a hazard remover to push this team into viability. I have used Starmie alongside Beedrill before and it has worked well. Gyarados is just a really good partner though, and it pairs well with Magnezone. Mega Lopunny can be revenged by Beedrill or switched in on by Lando-T, but Weavile is a fucking nigger. And using Starmie only exacerbates that problem.

Adamant Beedrill sounds stupidly strong but I like Jolly Beedrill's matchup against offense better. I was using Espeon to kinda deal with stall (it forces in Chansey pretty much every time) but I can definitely do better. Espeon is fucking trash.

I think I might try Beedrill/Magnezone/Gyarados/Starmie/Lando-T/Skarmory
>>
>>27047900
>gyarados
It's a 4x weakness that requires setup where you don't have any walls. Anything faster than Gyarados packing an electric move will kill it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.