[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>consider playing Volt White/Blaze Black >they change Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 1362110606397.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1362110606397.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>consider playing Volt White/Blaze Black
>they change Pokemon types

Any good romhacks without this type of faggotry?
>>
The whole point of these versions is to change types, movepools and teams to make the game more challenging.

If you don't like it then why the fuck don't you just play the regular game?
>>
>>27036075
Pokemon aniversary crystal

It's TPP, but it's pretty damn good
>>
>>27036150
Because the regular games are too easy. You can make a more difficult Pokemon without resorting to stupid shit like changing types and doing movepool overhauls.
>>
There are vanilla versions for vwbb2
>>
>>27036075
I don't see the problem if it's still logic
If you're unable to adapt maybe you should just play the regular game
>>
>>27036075
What types did they change?
>>
>>27036300
The games are for kids. If you want it difficult, it's very easy to make it difficult for yourself. Do a Nuzlocke run.BAM! Now it's difficult. If that's still too easy, do what I do and add new rules. X and Y are amazing for Nuzlockes do to the high variety of different pokemon in the grasses, but it has the EXP share, so a person rule is "no EXP share".

Don't like Nuzlocke rules? Make your own rules. "Once you beat a gym leader, retire your best Pokemon and cycle a weaker pokemon from your PC into the team". "No STAB moves". "No status effect moves".

It isn't hard to make the games hard with a bit of self control.
>>
>>27036300
It's not stupid, it makes sense. It's what people ask for all the time with bullshit like Samurott not being Water/Fighting or fucking Sandshrew no learning to Dig naturally.

I can't imagine what type of autist you have to be to not want this. What's the point of a modified game if there's barely any change?
>>
>>27036075
Then get the version without the changes, retard.
>>
>>27036383

tepig line is fire/dark, samurott is water/fighting, electivire is electric/fighting, farfetch'd is flying/fighting, luxray is electric/dark

are you seeing how dumb this shit is yet
>>
>>27036606
But all of those make sense
>>
>>27036641

shut the fuck up
>>
>>27036606
Only ones I agree with are Samurott and Electivire.
>>
>>27036641
In that case you have no reason to bitch about romhacks and should just play the "perfect" original games.
>>
>>27036581
>>27036313

Didn't know about the Clean version, thanks.
>>
>>27036606
Nice cherrypicking. And even so, the samurott and ferfetch'd are fine. Have you tried not being autistic?
>>
>>27036581
Yeah, they have the games both with and without the Type changes, knowing that it wasn't for everyone. They have you covered.
>>
>>27036606
Awful.

He might as well have added fakemons too.
>>
>>27036426
No, it doesn't really make sense at all. Gamefreak hands us all of the tools in the game to start out with. The games are easy because of how those elements are distributed. Trainer AI is kept low, opposing mons don't have EVs or high IVs, and mon distribution is usually set to where you can only encounter certain ones in the game.

We have over 700 different mons, and tons of combinations and moves at the ready that Gamefreak hasn't explored with their main storylines, but are still present in the vanilla game. You can make a perfectly challenging, interesting game by changing around these elements in a creative way without resorting to fanfiction bullshit like Grass/Dragon Serperior with Contrary Draco Meteor.
>>
>>27036785
They did that AND gave some 'mons a better typing and moves if they needed it.
>>
I, for one, enjoy using a Water/Fire Octillery. Honestly the most fun I've had with Pokemon these last years was with hacks.
>>
>>27036606
tepig is fire/ground with adaptability as HA in BB/VW but not in 2? wtf

but that grass/dragon serperior with contrary is goat. that leaf strom+draco meteor combo fucks shit up sideways inside-out
>>
File: 1420103643661.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1420103643661.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>27037182
>grass/dragon serperior with contrary

Yeah, like >>27036785 said, fanfiction garbage.
>>
>>27036606
They made it better.
>>
Hoot hoot is also psychic/flying.
>>
its fun
>>
>>27036075
Pokemon Quartz was pretty good.
>>
>>27037413
I puked rainbows when I realized.
>>
>>27037292
It already gets Contrary and Leaf Storm. It's the same shit with a different type.
>>
>>27036288
The fuck TPP means?
>inb4 google it
Yeah I fucking did it. Can't find anything that made sense.
>>
there are 2 patches for all of drayano's hacks. one is "complete" and makes all the changes to the base game that drayano intended, and the other is vanilla and doesn't change anything about the pokemon.

why don't you learn what you're talking about before coming on /vp/ and complaining about something that's a nonissue
>>
>>27036075
>Crying because types are unbalanced in official games.
>Crying because a ROM Hack added a type because they thought it would help balance the game.

This is the kind of faggotry I'm tired of.
>>
>>27038433
They're two different people. The second ones are purists that believe GF can do no wrong about typing and movepools.
>>
>>27036426
>It's what people ask for all the time
Did it ever occur to you that the people are fucking retarded?
>>
>>27038271
Twitch Plays Pokemon's romhack of crystal
>>
>>27036641
>>27036426
>wanting type changes
Gaia is that way.
>>
>>27038506
No. Having standards and thinking out of the box is the opposite of being retarded.
>>
>>27038433
>>Crying because a ROM Hack added a type because they thought it would help balance the game.
For one it's doing the opposite and instead of balancing the game it's making it unfair on the player. That's how these romhacks work, they're always less balanced than the originals.
Two, if you're going to make it harder why resort to changing the game that drastically when there's a thousand different ways of making it more difficult that don't resort to made up and impossible sets? I mean this shit won't even relate to the regular games.
>>
>>27038570
>standards
>thinking outside of the box
You do know what these two things mean right?
Those ideas certainly don't represent anything like that.
>>
>>27038571
How so? You can get the same pokémon as everyone else and easier too because they let you buy items for move tutors, there's different spawn areas/rates and such. Everyone gets tough pokémon and it's up to you to be just as tough or smarter. It's fun, what the games should be.

>made up and impossible sets
Just because they're not officially GF approved? Even though GF themselves tend to make new moves available to pokémon when they realize that people want it? Or how most megas add one type that people always wanted? Eat a dick.
>>
>>27038521
oh yeah
>>
>>27038628
Wanting pokémon to be stronger and knowing what moves they need isn't something like that? No, it's totally like that. You can only do so much with what's available, some pokémon definitely got the short end of the stick and this just helps them a little, it's not like they doubled their stats and gave everyone OHKO moves.
>>
>>27038977
>It's fun, what the games should be
Are you seriously trying to say that this part of your argument is valid just because of the hacks are fun while the real game isn't?
Are you aware as to how retarded that sounds?

>Just because they're not officially GF approved?
You mean the people who have made the games for 20 years?
>Even though GF themselves tend to make new moves available to pokémon when they realize that people want it?
Within reason you complete retard. There's a difference between giving Entei Sacred Fire and giving a Serperior Dragon type and Draco Meteor.

Kill yourself if you think that these hacks aren't complete fanfiction tier garbage.
>>
>>27039173
>hating fun
>being such a GF cocksucker
Even if I killed myself I'd still be doing better than you.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.