[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do they explain the addition of new pokemon in the anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1385867700442.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1385867700442.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
How do they explain the addition of new pokemon in the anime? I've only seen the first season, where they only know the first 151, but now there are 600 more and half of them are super common.
>>
when ash sees ho oh it's just and ''''''''''''''''undiscovered'''''''''''' PKM
>>
>>27035085
I don't know how they explain it in the anime, but I like to think that pokemon evolve extremely fast in terms of darwinian evolution, so every few years or so another 150 species of pokemon are running around. That's why professors keep sending kids out to document them. The actual scientists just can't keep up with the rate of new monsters which keep popping up everywhere.
>>
>>27035085
151 were implemented at first probably because they didn't know what to expect from the franchise. It also triggers people into wanting to get all of them, so they can sell 2 games with essentially the same content forcing the illusion that there's some kind of "siding" to do with colour. It's best to give a foreseeable end to the collection at first to give an idea of how far and long it will take. If they were to just be like "we don't know how many there are" at first, there would be no sense of collection for a "series" - especially one that might've only had one season.

Anyway, it just so happened it got popular - like Kingdom Hearts. So it's best to just consider that everything beyond the first series was a soft-reset and implemented new foundations for the rest of the series. You can also just make up your own belief like others and just think that what they meant by 150 is that region only, ignoring the fact that there was obviously more in other regions (and in their own - baby pokemon) and they SHOULD have known about them.

TL;DR it was released that way because it wasn't 100% expected to continue past the first series. +sales pitching and pandering to OCD collecting habits of humans.
>>
They don't.

Unova arc tries some bullshittery with pokemon migration due to climate change or whatever. Nobody cares.

It's pokemon. They don't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>27035085
In the anime, one would assume each region simply has it's own set of Pokemon.... but then you have the characters going back to a Kanto city (for example) after the Jhoto arc is over and people just use jhoto pokemon as if they always did.
They just don't care.
>>
If you live in the UK you don't see wild Giraffes.

It's that simple.
>>
>>27037558

You lack imagination.
>>
>>27035085

Bill said there more than 150 Pokémon.

There are much more waiting to be discover.
>>
>>27037597
You didn't see an Electrike in Kanto because it's only native to Hoenn and Kalos. That's just how it is. Imagination isn't part of the question unless it's how elaborate a head canon can you make?
>>
>>27037597
Shut up Zinnia
>>
>>27037648

I was talking about Pokémon UK region.
How do you know what Pokémon exist in that region?
>>
>>27037694
Are you stupid or autistic?
>>
>>27037693
I pre-date Zinnia.

I love her.
>>
>>27037723

What are you talking about?
>>
>>27037765
He's talking about a real world example: If you live in the UK, you aren't going to see any Giraffes. It isn't like they don't exist, but you don't count them as part of the immediate biome.
With Pokemon, it's like that. With the anime there were primarily ~150 Pokemon (and more to see) in Kanto that are studied and examined, then they just tack on more as already having existed, elsewhere.
To explain it, it becomes a surprise for Ash and certain characters to have never seen it due to new additions being foreign, or they explain it as just being a new challenge. In world, they were always there with only a few actually being "newly discovered".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.