[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Torterra is the patron saint of Sinnohfetuses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: untitled.png (35KB, 235x214px)
untitled.png
35KB, 235x214px
This thing is so overrated on /vp/ I don't even know where to begin. First off, it's just a tortoise, and Blastoise and Torkoal already pulled that off first and far better. Not only that, but the fucker so slow it dies to a cool breeze before it can do anything. What a shitty and pathetic Pokémon. Anyone with half a brain knows Sceptile is the best Grass starter anyways.
>>
File: 250px-398Staraptor.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-398Staraptor.png
50KB, 250x250px
This thing is so overrated on /vp/ I don't even know where to begin. First off, it's just a bird, and Pidgeot and Skarmory already pulled that off first and far better. Not only that, but the fucker so frail it dies to recoil before it can do anything. What a shitty and pathetic Pokémon. Anyone with half a brain knows Swellow is the best regional bird anyways.
>>
>>27023844
>Anyone with half a brain knows Serperior is the best Grass starter anyways.

Fixed
>>
Sceptile is a piece of shit faggot that needs to fucking die along with that Blaziken turd
>>
>>27023844
While I find the intentions behind this post fishy, I fully agree.

World tortoises have been done many times before in other franchises as seen from East Asian folklore, and while I was glad one came to Pokemon, I find the execution to be really mediocre. The black beak looks bad, the asymmetric back is offputting, the parts of the body under the green parts look lazy (look at the top of each leg), and they missed the opportunity to make the tree(s) into a snakelike form.

Sceptile could've done with a different set of seeds than the unflattering yellow seed-like features lining its back, but everything else about it is terrific and it outshines the other Grass starters by a long shot.
>>
>>27023844
Angry Chesnaughtfag detected. You're just analdevastated that /vp/ likes based Torterra more than the shittiest grass type pokemon ever. Get fucked.
>>
File: 250px-508Stoutland.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-508Stoutland.png
47KB, 250x250px
This thing is so overrated on /vp/ I don't even know where to begin. First off, it's just a dog, and Arcanine and Houndoom already pulled that off first and far better. Not only that, but the fucker so weak it dies to a Close Combat before it can do anything. What a shitty and pathetic Pokémon. Anyone with half a brain knows Mightyena is the best second route mon anyways.
>>
File: pokebait.png (120KB, 623x623px) Image search: [Google]
pokebait.png
120KB, 623x623px
>>27023844
>>
>>27024062

You're right, /vp/ does like Torterra more than Meganium
>>
>>27024042
its tail is way to thick for a bipedal creature as agile as it is, and it consistently has its arms in a retarded position

it's a massive downgrade from Grovyle and the worst Grass starter design wise because of that
>>
File: 654Braixen[1].png (746KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
654Braixen[1].png
746KB, 1280x1280px
This thing is so overrated on /vp/ I don't even know where to begin. First off, it's just a fox, and Ninetales and Zoroark already pulled that off first and far better. Not only that, but the fucker so weak it dies to an Earthquake before it can do anything. What a shitty and pathetic Pokémon. Anyone with half a brain knows Lucario is the best furbait anyways.
>>
File: download.jpg (21KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
21KB, 190x265px
is this a hate thread? Because this waste of a starter right here is the single worst thing in the game
>>
File: index.png (10KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
10KB, 265x190px
This thing is so overrated on smogon I don't even know where to begin. First off, it's just an entry hazard, and spikes already pulled that off first and far better. Not only that, but the fucker dies to rapid spin before it can do anything. What a shitty and pathetic hazard. Anyone with half a brain knows sticky web is the best hazard anyways.
>>
>>27023844
Everything was going good until you mention sceptile
>>
>>27023844
>>
>>27023844
I feel bad for not liking Torterra.

I love Sinnoh, Infernape and Empoleon, but Torterra is just ugly to me.
>>
>>27023844
>patron saint of [insert buzzword here]
Why are you forcing this meme?
You aren't going to get nearly as many replies as when you spam threads about "Unovabortions".
>>
>>27024201
Well, he's not wrong, Sceptile is the best. Torterra's good too, though, and I say that as someone who acknowledges that gen 4 was the worst by far.
>>
File: the_grave_by_suikuzu-d5wm48j.png (1MB, 1024x1288px) Image search: [Google]
the_grave_by_suikuzu-d5wm48j.png
1MB, 1024x1288px
>>27023844
top 3 starter of all time, can basically solo 7/8 of the gyms in Sinnoh
>>
File: 663.png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
663.png
1KB, 96x96px
This thing is so overrated on /vp/ I don't even know where to begin. First off, it's just a bird, and Fearow and Braviary already pulled that off first and far better. Not only that, but the fucker so weak it dies to Stealth Rock before it can do anything. What a shitty and pathetic Pokémon. Anyone with half a brain knows Staraptor is the best Brave Bird anyways.
>>
>>27024123
Nah, the tail is a great touch because it adds momentum to its speed so it can hit hard, plus it highlights how strong its legs must be.

The arms in a retarded position bit I don't understand. They seem fine to me. Maybe you're offended by how skinny they are? In the official art (as opposed to the sprites), I don't see anything wrong.

Grovyle is nice and all but I don't like it more than Sceptile. The long head leaf looks silly and the lack of that kind of size in its tail section makes it look off-balance, especially if it needs to run.
>>
>>27024264
Yeah, it's a fine starter, it's just heavily overrated

like Sceptile

Doesn't mean their bad, just overrated
>>
Stupid stinky smelly nerds
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 1600x2200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 1600x2200px
>>27023844
But anon, Sinnohfetuses already HAVE a patron saint.
>>
>>27024278
best post
>>
>>27024340
As someone who started with Sinnoh, and considers it one of their favorite generations, I really don't like Lucario much. Honestly its whole shtick is auras but they just slap some spikes on it and call it a steel type instead of psychic. There was a lot of Kanto pandering in Kalos but I don't think people point out the Lucario pandering there was as well because they literally hand you a Lucario just like they hand you the Kanto Starters and Lapras.
>>
>>27024473
>Honestly its whole shtick is auras but they just slap some spikes on it and call it a steel type instead of psychic

Aura is just the Pokemon equivalent of ki, Lucario's powers are basically the same as the powers DBZ and Street Fighter characters have
>>
>>27023844
Remove head spikes and make the back spikes more of a natural mountain formation looking thing then I'd like it better.

Though maybe it's supposed to look designed. Like some variation of a karesansui or something like that.
>>
>>27023951
>>27024079
>>27024139
Are you implying these pokemon are good? They look pretty shit. Maybe Braixen is ok but it's far from top tier.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.