[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generation 6 analysis - Day 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

Today we will be looking at the second set of starters of the Kalos pokedex: Fennekin Braixen and Delphox.
A very cute trio. Fennekin is one of the cutest starters out there I'm not much into little cup so I don't know its competitive usage.
Braixen is a unexpected second stage. Following the witch concept and becoming bipedal Braixen is the fuel to furfags this generation but honestly I think its a great design and don't really care about people's fucked up fantasies/fetishes. Competitively it has decent speed and spatk and works pretty great in lower tiers with a bulky eviolite wish set.
Finally we have Delphox. Its one of those Pokémon which had a lot of potential and high expectations from people but it fell short. While in terms of design I think its pretty great even though I prefer Braixen I feel like the only major flaws in its design are the ear furr(looks too big and bland) and the fact that they didn't do anything with Braixen's twig as in turning it into a badass staff. Apart from that its pretty and I'm digging the robe even though the in-game models doesn't give it justice. In terms of competitive battling Delphox suffers a lot while having excellent speed and special attack and having a decent movepool even receiving dazzling gleam in ORAS and access to wish (sadly no recover), the lack of good HP to be a bulkier supporter for the team and not having access to some crucial support moves like taunt and heal bell or offensive ones like thunderbolt and having a bad hidden ability in Magician makes it mediocre and unable stand out from other fire types.
Overall I like this evolutionary line and wished it was better.

What are your thoughts?
>>
Not a furfag but I think braixen is one of the best bipedal designs. A very solid middle evo
>>
My favorite starter of 6th gen, but I'm not sure if that means much.

The only problem with Delphox is what everyone already knows which is the model, and I guess it isn't very good competitevly, but it works for the game.
I have an eviolite shiny Braixen which is my pride and joy, I really like her.

Overall it's a cool line.
>>
Garbage in every sense.

Didn't stay on all fours. Okay...

Became a lame magician and not a wizard/witch. Ah, k.

Furbait middle stage. No thanks.
>>
>>27017269
Bad, but at least Delphox is better than Chesnaught.
>>
>>27017286
>Not a furfag

why do people preface their posts with this? are you afraid of being called a furfag just because you like Braixen?
>>
>>27017359
Yeah pretty much. Everyone who likes anything that can possibly be considered furbait is usually accused of being a furry
>>
>>27017269
Braixen is one of the most well-designed Pokemon ever.

Delphox isn't that great. Way better than Chesnaught but doesn't live up to the potential Braixen had. It doesn't have the cute or sexy aesthetic that final evolutions like Gardevoir or Lopunny have. The model is also awful. It also has a really bad movepool. It should have gotten Thunderbolt and Ice Beam to complete the Fire-Lightning-Ice trio of spells wizards get in RPGs. Basically, it should be less furry, a little sexier like Braixen.
>>
I like Fennekin and Delphox is pretty good too, but it should of had different designs for different genders. Male Delphox should have a fiery wizard hat and staff with a more masculine face, and female Delphox should be like Delphox but a bit less stuff looking.
>>
All can say that this evo line is wasted potential in ascetics and concept. Also:
>Shallow movepool on a spellcaster
Jesus, its almost if Gamefreak wants people dislike the thing.
>>
>>27017396
I personally like delphox's robe but it looks too bland in-game. Yes some beam-like moves to compliment the witch theme would have been great.
>>
I really don't like Braixen because for a Pokémon that is male most of the time, it's very feminine looking. They should of made Fennekin mostly female if they wanted to do that type of design.
>>
>>27017437
Whoops I meant "aesthetics". My bad.
>>
Everyone hated Braixen's design when it was first released but now it's notorious for being furbait and being in Pokken. I'd say Braixen is one of the most favored gen 6 Pokemon
>>
>>27017269
>le daily thread xd
gamefaqs is that way kids
>>
>>27017269
Never liked Fennekin.
I don't mind pokemon with big heads usually bur it just looks bad on Fennekin.
Delphox is ok, a little boring looking.
Braixen is cute and well designed.
>>
>>27017486
While Braixen has had a fair amount of popularity it's no where near Greninja levels.
>>
Why is Braixen so well loved? It looks very strange to me.
>>
>>27017314
The shiny is absolutely disgusting
>>
>>27017269
I love fennekin...
But Braixen is disgusting trash.
Delphox is decent art-wise but I don't like its 3D model.
>>
>>27017379
FUR-FAGGOT, OH MY GOD THEY SHOULD PUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN CAMPS!!!

Braixen is pretty neat, though
>>
File: 1435808810491.jpg (70KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
1435808810491.jpg
70KB, 500x552px
hello is this the phox phriday thread
>>
>>27017495

(You)
>>
>>27017269
I like Fennekin and Delphox.

Braixen is too furbaity.
>>
>>27017269
I managed to play X almost entirely spoiler free. I picked Fennekin the first time because I didn't like Froakie's design and I rarely pick fire starters (that's why I didn't pick Chespin even though I really liked how it looked). I didn't know what Fennekin evolutions would look like.

I liked Braixen, and I loved it when I saw it on battle with his stick. Seeing it was learning psychic type moves I assumed the last stage would be part Psychic, and to be honest I imagined it would look similar to Kyubymon which wouldn't have bothered me at all

When I saw Delphox I was a bit dissapointed. The model looks just awful. At least it was pretty decent for in game battles (then again, I left the Exp.Share ON during my very first playthrough, so it was around level 75 when I got to the League).

I started liking Delphox more when I saw 2D art of it. The design is actually really good in my opinion. It's a shame that the model doesn't do it justice at all.
>>
>>27017269
How could anyone hate occult black magic fox?
>>
>>27017269
>... [I] don't really care about people's fucked up fantasies/fetishes

I-is this 4chan? I thought I was on 4chan...
>>
File: 56733945_p11_master1200.jpg (137KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
56733945_p11_master1200.jpg
137KB, 500x600px
Teenage witch phox is a miracle to the universe.
>>
>>27017269
Something most people don't point out about the line is that Delphox strongly contrasts with the unique color scheme for a fire starter and drops it for all red, a hint of yellow.
>>
>>27017269
Not wizard based movepool, shit ability, not wizard staff or witch broom, horrible 3d model.

But with all this, Delphox is my favourite pokemon. I like old RPG games and D&D references in its design.
>>
>>27017269
I love the design of the line, but it is pure garbage for battles. At least Braixen is fucking cute.
>>
>>27019021
>This
>>
>>27017269
Design-wise, I like the whole line, but furfags have done a lot of damage to it. I feel isolated as someone who likes Delphox more than Braixen, but whatever.
Fennekin looks a little too chibi, which turned me off to it from day one. I'm fine with chibi in general, but there comes a point where Chibi begins to override other parts of the design. Fennekin isn't a fox in a chibi design, it is a chibi styled after a fox. It is cute, but unnerving to look at for extended periods.

Delphox' model is shit. The animations are bad, too, but Delphox is one of the few pokemon with an actual bad model. It looks stiff, like a starched T-shirt on a hanger too wide for it.

Delphox' design could have been implemented well mechanically, but they chose not to. Mismagius already pulls off the "Magican/Witch" archetype pretty well, going so far as to steal the line's signature move. (If you needed any more proof of GF's favoring of meme-frog, neither of its TWO signature moves have appeared on anyone else)

Magician is perhaps the biggest let-down of Delphox, and it is a let-down that didn't need to happen. They could have easily given Delphox an ability tied to being an oracle, like, say, one time auto-evading a move that would KO it, or something. But they chose to fuck it over with an ability that would be useless even if Delphox could effectively use it. Chestnaught gets at least SOME utility from Bulletproof, but Game Freak knew they were giving Delphox a shit twinkie. Nothing in Delphox' 'dex entries or design even suggests any kind of thievery being prominent, and the ability had built-in limitations that pretty much made it so Delphox couldn't use it if it wanted to. Delphox appears to have been assassinated from within, mechanically. It is on par with Meganium for worthless starters, but at least Meganium is bad in the way that many grass types are. Delphox got shafted every step of they way for no good reason except to make sure nobody picked it over FrogZard.
>>
The witch/wizard is a nice concept, but was executed terribly because they're fucking ugly. Especially Delphox.

Also if you're not judging these Pokemon ENTIRELY by their designs, you're autistic since only aspies care about the metagame.

Gen 6 a shit.
>>
I generally always go with grass types, but between the starters of Gen 6, I think I would go with Fennekin.
Braixen is absolutely adorable, and is one of those designs that would work even if it wasn't a Pokemon. Kind of indifferent on Delphox.
>>
>>27019460
>Also if you're not judging these Pokemon ENTIRELY by their designs, you're autistic since only aspies care about the metagame.

Last time I checked, whether or not a starter is even worth the teamslot in a playthrough is a pretty fucking valid judgment call on a starter.
>>
I've never seen more blatant furbait than the absolute garbage known as Braixen.
Honestly, it's one of my least favorite Pokemon.

Delphox is alright, it handles the mage concept decently enough. It should get Thunderbolt and/or Ice Beam to really sell the concept, though. I'd say only Thunderbolt considering its typing.
>>
One of the fox pokemon i don't like but don't hate. I like Ninetails more.
>>
>>27019428

What "damage"?
>>
>>27017269
These three are all cool. It's too bad that Delphox was cursed with a shittt model. Its official artwork looks great, and it fits the image of a fox mage. A concise, neat little design.
>>
>>27017269
I felt it was the weakest of the three. Had a good concept but just doesn't look right. It had a lame HA too. Definitely could have benefited from gender differences like in >>27017437
>>
I like the line. It was my preferred one since the base stage was revealed all the way until the magic fox was shown and even chose it but the ninja frog got me when I actually used it. Good second place among 6th starters tho
>>
>>27017314
I have one too, named Supreme of course
>>
>>27017903
It really is a shame. It looks like hey Arnold fused with a traffic cone but the art looks great
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.