[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Come up with moves and/or abilities.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: mvsnablts.jpg (166KB, 715x525px) Image search: [Google]
mvsnablts.jpg
166KB, 715x525px
ITT: Come up with moves and/or abilities.
>>
Cat Link: If you die in the game, your real cat dies too.
>>
>>27015824
What if you don't have a cat?
>>
>>27015840
you die
>>
>>27015566
>Hot Coals
Give it less distribution than Espionage Boulders and make it absorbable by fore types and it could be ok, too broken otherwise.
>>
>>27015887
Or it goes away after burning one pokemon, and does not effect water or fire types.
>>
Hot Coals should be absorbed by fire types.
>>
>>27015566
False shot: A SpA version of false swipe
>>
>>27016113
No, wouldn't make much sense. Poison being absorbed into a poison type is logical, but fire doesn't put out fire.

Water types and Ground types landing on it would put Hot Coals out, but they'd still be burned.
>>
>>27016249
>Flash Fire

Would be oddly specific though
>>
File: uhhhh.png (58KB, 1133x583px) Image search: [Google]
uhhhh.png
58KB, 1133x583px
>>27015566
>Come up with new abilities thread
>Uses a name from an existing ability
Really OP?
>>
>95% accuracy

kill yourself.
>>
>>27015566
>Deep Cold
Cancer, the ability
I hope retarded stuff like this will never exist.
>>
>>27015566
I have one pretty good one from back in the day that I always liked.

Iron Limb
Type: Steel
Power: --
Accuracy: 100
"User strikes with iron-hard extremities. The power and number of strikes varies between Pokémon."

So basically this move is completely dependent on the individual pokémon species that uses it. If a pokémon has many limbs, the move will hit many times, but do less damage with each hit. Damage = Base Power x Number of Limbs. So;

>Steelix: 100 x 1 = 100 (in essence a steel type earthquake)

>Octillery: 10 x 8 = 80

>Beldum: 25 x 1 = 25
>Metang: 25 x 2 = 50
>Metagross: 25 x 4 = 100

>Venipede: 5 x 8 = 40
>Whirlipede: 10 x 0 = No effect
>Scolipede: 15 x 8 = 120

I don't remember what other mons I gave it to, mostly the ones with a buncha legs, but that's how it went down.
>>
>>27016374
>anything that isn't either 0% or 100% chance is cancer

Fuck off with this mentality. RNG is part of every videogame in existance and I don't see why Pokemon should be an exception.
>>
>>27016374
It was designed around the idea of being a Legendary exclusive ability.

>>27016322
Originally came up with it about a year ago.
>>
>>27016737
>>27016739
>10% chance of KOing a Pokémon for free
This is not "competitive" RNG or "fun" RNG, this is complete bullshit. Don't force this shit in Pokémon, we already have plently.
>>
>>27016765
How is freeze worse than sleep? They can both cure themselves in the same number of turns and they basically both do the same thing. The only difference is freeze can be removed by fire moves.
>>
Water and electric type overheat.
Electric priority
>>
>>27016514
>mega Metagross: 25 × 8 = 200
OP as fuck
>>
>>27016842
Freeze has a certain % of thawing out every turn, sleep has an increasing % of waking every turn.
>>
>>27016514
>octillery
>x8
>>
>>27017001
Freeze is guaranteed to thaw by turn 5, though, and due to that percentage chance it's much more likely to thaw the first turn than sleep is to wake up.
>>
>>27017020
It's 20% of defrosting every turn. It does not increase. There is no guaranteed defrosting with just waiting turns.
>>
>Penetrator
Attacks made by this pokemon against a pokemon using a guard ability such as protect or Detect will break their guard, causing attacks to hit them for the rest of the round
>>
>>27017772
Put it on a bulky slowmon and doubles just got way more interesting. Trick Room, all the heavy hitters that would outslow the legends, etc...
>>
>Traffic Control
If a Pokemon (opponent or ally) uses a super effective move, it is stalled and the move gets its priority reduced to -1.
>>
>>27015855
Shit, that's some high stakes there
>>
File: a.jpg (28KB, 640x337px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
28KB, 640x337px
>>27015566
Dimension Door: The pokemon throws the opponent in another dimension where he merges with his alternate self and turns into a menger sponge.
>>
Schizophrenia:
Pokemon's type changes to a random type every turn. This change is made clear to the user, but not the foe.
>>
Stone Cannon
Type: Rock
Power: 20
Acc: 80%
Accuracy of each hit it's individual (hits 2-5 times) chance to confuse in each one is 20%
>>
Hot coals is way too broken, and effectively neuters any physical attacker that isn't Fire.
Make it burn Pokemon only if they've been on the field for like 3-5 turns. That way it helps discourage set ups and stalls, and can also be used to force switches.
>>
File: a.jpg (73KB, 609x401px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
73KB, 609x401px
>>27017986
>>
>>27015840
You get a cat, and then it dies.

Also you have to clean it up
>>
>>27018097
I remember loving that in middle school. I still have some, I think, hidden away somewhere.
>>
>>27017986
That's terrifying but kind of awesome.
If it weren't called Schizophrenia I would say it
would work better if it showed the type change
every turn.
>>
>>27017986
I raise you Incoherent:
>Both types are changed randomly every turn. Only the opponent is aware of this change.
Do you feel lucky, anon?
>>
Burn is a bad one for entry hazards. However, maybe there are less permanent statuses that would work better. Like:

Discordant Acoustics
Flying Entry Hazard
Confuses foes on switch-in. (Also, maybe it only lasts for 5 turns?)
>>
>>27015824
What if I had a dog?
>>
>>27016249
>fire doesn't put out fire
yes it does
>>
>Dust Up
(Ground) ( ~ )
---pwr / ---acc / 10pp
All moves have their accuracy reduced by 10% for the next five turns.
>>
>>27018051
Or you just give it poor distribution
>>
>>27015566
I literally have a spreadsheet of this shit, and it's all ones I've collected over the years (or theoried up myself). Give me a type, anons, and I will share a random move
>>
>>27015566
>Dynamic approach
Not naming it Dynamic Entry
>>
>>27017020
freeze does NOT guarantee that you will thaw out by turn five, unless thats been changed in gen 6.
I've been frozen for ten turns once, eight another time.
>>
What about a weaker STAB discharge?
For M-Blastoise, obviously
>>
>Leaf Cannon
>Grass / 90% Acc / 100 Damage / Increased Critical Hit Ratio / Special
If Sceptile knows Leaf Blade when it Mega Evolvses, it turns into this move. This move does physical damage to its target.

>Inferno Kick
>Fire / 85% Acc / 110 Damage / 20% Chance to Burn / Physical
If Blaziken knows Blaze Kick when it Mega Evolves, it turns into this move. It is a dual-type Fire and Fighting-type move. Blaze Kick also has an increased critical hit ratio iirc but that's too many effects.

>Mud Burst
>Water / 100% Acc / 100 Damage / Chance to reduce accuracy / Physical
If Swampert knows Muddy Water when it evolves, it turns into this. This move has a 40% chance to reduce the target's accuracy that increases to 60% in rain or sand.

>Psychokinesis
>Psychic / 90% Acc / 20 Damage / Hits 5 times
If Alakazam knows kinesis when it evolves, it turns into this. It attacks one time for each spoon, and each hit has a 20% chance to reduce the target's accuracy.

>Quint Needle
>Bug / 85% Acc / 25 Damage / Hits 5 times
If Beedrill knows Twin needle when it Mega Evolves, it turns into this move. Beedrill hits the target with all four of its limbs, then a final blow with its stinger, which is guaranteed to crit. The final blow has a 30% chance of inflicting toxic poison on the target.
>>
>>27017974
Psychic-type OHKO move
>>
>>27019251
>If Blaziken knows Blaze Kick when it Mega Evolves, it turns into this move. It is a dual-type Fire and Fighting-type move. Blaze Kick also has an increased critical hit ratio iirc but that's too many effects.
>It is a dual-type Fire and Fighting-type move.
RIP Parasect.
>>
>>27019373
Op, never mind. I'm a retard, I thought that said Fire Flying.
>>
>>27015566
Grandiose Self Worth-The user will always go first regardless of anything.
>>
>>27019426
I'll take Pokemon that are destroyed by Bruxish for 500 please, Alex.
>>
>>27018786
They mean the same thing and Approach sounds better.
>>
>>27019540
Grandiose Self Worth doesnt change the priority of the moves it simply makes the user go first all the time also the anything means this ability cant be negated.
>>
>>27015566
Metafiction-Once per turn you can toss a coin if it is heads all battle damage is reduced to zero if tails then nothing happens.
>>
Corsola
Coral Reef
Water/Status
10PP
Sets up the three Spikes layers at once.

http://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/24518638/#24538850
>>
>>27015566
Berserk: Or, How I learned to not test confusion and just switch out.
>>
Shady Terrain (like other terrain moves)
>Priority to Dark types on field
>Increase damage done by Dark types by 50%
>Charging Moves have an higher chance of missing
>>
Flint Strike - ROCK - Special
POW: 95 Acc: 100 PP: 15
>Strikes two stones to shower the foe in sparks. 10% chance to make the foe flinch.

We need a versatile, reliable special Rock move, dammit. Power Gem and Ancient Power don't cut it.
>>
>>27019560
that's almost as retarded as you are
>>
>Nighttime
>Dark-type moe
>Changes the weather to night
I know night isn't a weather, this way its gets cancelled out by Sunny Day
>Dark, Ghost and Bug-type moves get priority
>Non Dark, Ghost and Bug-type pokemon lose 1 stage of accuracy
>moves that induce confusion are twice as likely to do so
>Increases Dark Void's accuracy to 100%
>Moonlight restores additional HP, Moonblast does additional damage
>Lasts 5 turns
>Duration embiggened by using a Dark Rock

fuck your shit desu
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.