[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ground and Fighting icons were uploaded to the Japanese website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: 1463124194238.gif (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463124194238.gif
124KB, 500x500px
>Ground and Fighting icons were uploaded to the Japanese website along with the starters
>"th-they're just the types of the n-next batch of Pokemon they're going to r-reveal"
>Ground and Fighting are literally among the last 4 types to have a Pokemon revealed
Have you come to accept that 1 of the starter evos will be part Ground and another will be part Fighting?
>>
That doesn't mean that there isn't the possibility of one of the new pokemon evolving into something that has either one of those two as a secondary type. Like the koala, he could have Fighting type as his secondary type.

And I'm fucking lucid, even though I want Ballio or something like Ballio to happen in my life, even though he was already deconfirmed by that D.I guy.

And I hate that owl, but that GIF is just too amusing by its own right. Reminds me of BW/BW2's sprite animation.
>>
>>27014572
roothoot is ground type?
>>
>>27015134
It could be, though I'd be surprised if it was.
What I want to know is why people think flying is some unique type that can't POSSIBLY be replaced.
>>
Funny thing is, they removed all the icons on the official japanese page for some reason... Maybe they noticed they fucked up and also noticed that ppl looked into those? Either way, that HAS to mean something...
>>
>>27014572
This was literally leaked months ago.
>>27015134
Roothoot is'nt real
>>
File: 1466765751951.gif (2MB, 436x376px) Image search: [Google]
1466765751951.gif
2MB, 436x376px
>>27015151
I just want my Rowlet to stay Grass/Flying.
>>
>>27014808
>Reminds me of BW/BW2's sprite animation.
Because it's poorly drawn and animated?
>>
In any case, litten will evolve into something fire/ground and popplio water/fighting... After all, the type icons in general werent in order so the "ground icon comes before the fire one" argument was always invalid...
>>
>>27015203
Popplio had to little attack to be a fighting type.
>>
>>27015151
Uh, because it's grass/flying and it's an owl. It's not going to suddenly turn into a grass/ground hippopotamus. Anyone who thinks it will stop being some sort of bird and therefore lose the flying type is a moron.
>>
>>27015230
>its stats can't change when it evolves
Anon..
>>
>>27015230
Oh yes, I forgot about that time when they revealed all the base stats.
Oh wait a minute...
>>
>>27015230
Pkmn gain better stats as they evolve, plus we already have special attacking fighting types such as keldeo and lucario
>>
>>27015245
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornimegalonyx

It fits with the island theme, it fits with the "prehistoric animal" theme, and it fits with the Ground and Fighting type "leaks." I don't want it, but at least it'll BTFO the anti-pattern fags.
>>
>>27015245
Owls burrow. There are flightless birds. There are bird-based Pokemon that aren't Flying-type. Plenty of starters go from animal to mythological creature or furry.
>>
>>27015273
Rowlett is based on a barn own not a burrowing or pueo owl ...
>>
>>27015294
They can change what they are through evolution. Chespin went from a hedgehog to a doedicurus. Charmander went from a salamander to a dragon. etc.
>>
>>27015278
It doesn't even have to become flightless. If it whips up sand by flapping and that becomes a significant aspect of its design/lore, then that's enough justification for a Ground typing (see: Flygon).
>>
Why do ppl want rowlett to lose its flying type so badly to become part ground? Itll still be 4x weak to ice and itll still have only 1 inmunity ...
>>
File: 1458599058406.jpg (90KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1458599058406.jpg
90KB, 500x492px
>>27015316
Anyone else notice an influx of shitty posts like this since GO came out?
>>
>wants owl not to fly
>doesnt want kalos as post game
Lack of common sense here is cancerous
>>
>>27015273
It's from Cuba, those aren't leaks, and >>27015294

>>27015278
I know. The kiwi is native to our country and it is a flightless bird. But Rowlet is an owl. Owls are not flightless. It is illogical for it to go from a flying bird to a non-flying bird. Why would it suddenly lose its ability to fly?

>>27015308
Yes they can change it through evolution, but it's rare (or unheard of - I'm not sure off the top of my head) for a flying Pokemon to suddenly become grounded (quite literally, in fact).

>>27015354
Agreed.
>>
File: 1464820974674.jpg (241KB, 686x702px) Image search: [Google]
1464820974674.jpg
241KB, 686x702px
>>27015354
>SM has significantly different visuals and proportions than XY
>they'd have to redo Kalos
>wanting them to redo a region we've already been to when they could use the time and resources to expand the new region
>>
>>27015389
It really doesn't. It would be relatively easy for them to do.

Besides, you know they won't expand the new region. Seeing something akin to gen 2 would be fantastic... but they won't do it.
>>
>>27015354
I'm someone who would love to haveat a Kalo post game , but does anything actually thinknow that's feasible ?

They would have to remodel almost every part of the region now that movement is none longer speed based and everything is to scale
>>
>>27015379
It doesn't matter if it's unheard of that a Pokémon to lose its Flying-type - only that typing can change. Again, I don't want it to become a Ground-type, but it makes perfect sense.

(Also Scyther loses its Flying-type for Steel)

Also, for evolution it makes perfectly fine sense to evolve into a grounded owl. It would lose its ability to fly because it's Pokémon magic.
>>
>>27015245
it'll become an owlbear
>>
>>27015379
>or unheard of - I'm not sure off the top of my head
Casualfag get >>>/out/
>>
>>27015419
No, Kalos can fuck off and rot like the garbage it is.
>>
>>27015432
>character customization is back
>Riding pkmn is back
>zygarde is back
I wonder what these have in common...
>>
Larvesta is more physical-Attack based, but when it evolves, it switches into a special attacker.

So just because Popplio's Attack stat is low at the moment, I wouldn't dismiss the idea of its stats changing as it evolves.
>>
although x4 weakness against water is not the most pleasant thing, having a ground typing on litten might help a great deal for the first island (yellow island isn't it ?)
between top kek who is elec/fairy and the first gym which might end up be elec too... and let's not forget about rival's pichu, learning mudshot or something like this will sure be usefull.
>>
>>27017329
Even with a x4 Water weakness, Litten, in theory, would be fast enough to dish out hits before getting hit by Water attacks.

I thought the Ground typing would technically apply to Rowlet, though, because the starters primary type remains first. Thus, Litten would remain pure Fire, and Popplio would become Water/Fighting.
>>
>>27015419
>relatively east to redo all textures and models of evert single object to fit the new overworld models instead of the old chibi ones.
>>
>>27015230
>No fighting type has learned a fairy type move ever.
>>
>>27017397
And that's why it would make more sense, if anything, a return to Kanto much more realistically. Especially with RBY being compatible with SM. Gen 1 Kanto Pokemon brought into a Gen 7 version of Kanto.
>>
File: 1467871734648.jpg (24KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467871734648.jpg
24KB, 600x360px
Has there ever been a bird pokemon that wasn't part Flying?
>>
>>27017410
Fairy is brand new, dude. Gen 7 might just make that happen.
>>
>>27015230
By your literal retard logic, Volcarona is a physical attacker because its pre-evolution is a physical attacker.

You fucking double idiot.
>>
just just...don´t make my bropplio into a mermaid..please..
>>
>>27015294
Chimchar is based on a chimp not a monkey...
>>
>>27014572
Based Owltair show
>>
>>27017451
Piplup and Spritzee off the top of my head. Also Torchic.
>>
>>27015273
>it fits with the "prehistoric animal" theme

Kill yourself.
>>
>>27017504
>english names

And Venusaur is based on a venus flytrap, right?
>>
>>27019533
I thought it meant venus like the planet because woman are there and venusaur is a bitchmon
>>
>>27017451

Piplup line, Torchic Line
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.