[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only able to encounter gen 1 Pokemon >have to wander around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 34

File: image.jpg (25KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 283x178px
>only able to encounter gen 1 Pokemon
>have to wander around in real life to catch Pokemon unless you spend real money on items to make Pokemon come to you
>can't battle or trade your friends
>in order to evolve something you have to capture a bunch of the same species
Why are people excited for this trash again?
>>
>>27008218
you clearly dont understand the minds of the normies
>>
>>27008218
Go outside with your friends and catch Pokemon and shit. It's been a fun day.
>>
>>27008227
But it's all over /vp/ too
>>
I know it's hard to get off your ass and make your way through your trash pile of soda cans and chip bags to leave the house, but you should try it sometime. It's not that bad.

also later-gen Pokemon are confirmed to be added at some point so this "gen 1 only!!!" meme can die any time
>>
>>27008251
>pokemon board
>not playing pokemon
ok then, pokemon go should be a banneable offense, lets get back to tailsposting and gardevoir general right?
>>
>>27008218

>oh god the outside is scary
>>
>>27008279
So instead of giving actual reasoning to support liking this game, you're just going to resort to straw manning in a completely unoriginal way? Sounds like someone who would enjoy garbage like this..
>>
>>27008311
>He doesn't like this facebook- tier mobile game! He must be a weirdo pervert!
Good arguement.
>>
>>27008357
i dont like go either, but i dont make threads complaining because other people enjoy it
>>
>>27008384
Good for you? I'm genuinely curious as to why people are so hype for this game. It seems pretty damn awful to me.
>>
>>27008335
There's nothing wrong with GO.

The only complaint I have is lack of trading and battling. But other than that, it's pretty fun to walk around with some friends and see what you can find.

You should try it sometime.
>>
>>27008335
Ok, here's my reasons:
I like going outside. I like the idea of walking to places I might not have otherwise because there's an Eevee or whatever hanging out there, or a Gym to challenge. I was always more a fan of collecting Pokemon than battling so I'm happy that that's the core focus. The lack of similarity to the main series doesn't bother me and I never expected it since it's a free smart phone app and it wouldn't make sense to put premium mechanics in a free product.
If none of that appeals to you, then hey, that's fair, but you can't act like it's popular for no reason.
>>
>>27008218
Because the originals are the best and not all of us are obese shut-ins.
>>
>>27008218
I'm hoping that eventually trading and battling will be added to the game, and walking around exploring/catching pokemon is fun enough every once in a while. Overall 6/10 experience, lots of potential for updates.
>>
>>27008218
>>can't battle or trade your friends
WAIT WHAT
FUCKING SERIOUSLY?
>>
its a mobile game..
>mobile

and you're complaining that you have to be mobile to get the full benefit of it when you and everyone else knew this was how it was played? why complain now? i get it you dont have friends you dont want to leave your house but are you REALLY confused as to why people enjoy it or are you just shitposting
>>
>>27008435
Couldn't have said it any better (:
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 800x600px
>>27008505
>(:
>>
>>27008481
Why are you getting so mad? Also, could you project any harder?
>>
>>27008218
>have to wander around in real life to catch Pokemon

That's the point

Rest of that and the last bullet are typical of mobile game cancer
>>
>>27008935
i guess i was projecting but nah im not upset its just actually why am i typing this im going outside
>>
I feel kind of bad for the people on this board, because I know leaving their house is effort they don't regularly plan to exert on a daily

I commute to work, I walk around the city at work, commute home, and go on walks with my gf and I've already caught a shitload. I can't imagine being a NEET and ever getting anything out of this game.
>>
>>27008975
I'm there with ya. I wasn't expecting anything truly groundbreaking, but Pokemon has also always been about the immersion, and this game does a great job of it. I like walking around but I'm not fond of bumping into people I know since I'm a sperg.
>>
>>27008218
>game that gives you a godo reason to take out the trash instead of letting you catch literal trash
oh boy
it's the gen 5 drama queen schilling /vp/ again
>>
>>27008481
>mobile game
Mobile just means it's on your phone. Because it's from mobile phone.

I never see people walking around in order to play Candy Crush.
>>
>>27008408
>The only complaint I have is lack of trading and battling
I'm not critical of GO but you just described something that outside of a specific spin off is inherently not pokemon
>>
>>27008975
I find it funny how everyone is saying the only people who don't like this game are people who don't go outside. That's how you know it's a bad game, because they can't actually back up their arguments, and instead resort to using the same insult over and over. It's like a child throwing a tantrum. I'm not a neet. In fact, I work 50 hours a week. Now, if you guys want to play a game that only appeals to genwunners and Facebook while basically abandoning every good mechanic of Pokemon games, be my guest. But don't try to act like the only people who don't like this game are inactive people who never leave the house, because it only adds to the arguement of how bad this game is.
>>
>go to park
>see heaps of people who are clearly playing
>meet two guys whose gyms ive been challenging
The competition is real, turfs wars are a thing
>>
I still can't get past making a name.
>>
>>27009072
>repeatedly explain why its enjoyable
>autists refuse to acknowledge points and keep saying that theres no reason to like it
>>
File: thejews.gif (237KB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
thejews.gif
237KB, 300x165px
>use incense
>staryu appears
>servers go down

fuck
>>
>>27009072
>i work 50 hours a week

i think you need to work LESS
>>
>>27009072
nice pasta
have a (You) fatty
you can always catch some mons while you're at walmart
>>
>>27009072
I'm not insulting anyone, I'm legitimately mourning for my fellow anons who aren't going to "get" it.

If you really want me to argue:

>Only appeals to genwunners

Rest of the gens are coming. Imagine how fucking overloaded it'd be if Pokemon RBY had 721 Pokemon from the start.

>Facebook
Got me there.

>abandoning every good mechanic of Pokemon games

But the point of the game isn't to be a Pokemon main series game. Do you hate PMD because it abandons the basic mechanics of Pokemon?

>Only adds to the argument of how bad this game is

No, not really. I don't think it adds to any argument, for or against. Unless of course, it adds to the fact that this is meant to be an exploration/geocaching/exercise pedometer game, which it is, and thus NEETs wouldn't get anything out of it.
>>
File: IMG_2016-07-07-00065287.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016-07-07-00065287.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Aww yeuh.
>>
File: wink.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>27008218
I like it mostly because I need to force myself outside to lose weight, and Pokemon is unfortunately(?) a decent motivator.

Walked way too far, caught a bunch of Pokefriends, managed to make my way back, laid down, felt great.

I'm also enjoying looking at old Pokemans I haven't given two shits about in years. Being reminded WHY I haven't given two shits, but still. Nice to see em again.
>>
>>27008464
>yet
The game isn't even in 1.0 yet. Current version is 0.29

Lots of shit is missing, like gen 2+, trading, etc

Though with how combat works in the game, I doubt PVP will be added.
>>
>>27009096
>repeatedly explain why its enjoyable
>literally only reason given is "I like to walk with muh friend"
Sorry, guess I expected good reasons and not straw grasping.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 299x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 299x408px
>>27008218
Because it's fun, traveling my town and finding Pokemon is fulfilling a childhood dream. Sadly some components are rusty like evolving and battling, but despite it's flaws it's just a fun, free pass time.
>>
>>27009139
>literally only argument is that i enjoy going outside and being sociable
These are pretty big fucking arguments
What next - SPORTS ARE LITERALLY HITLER BECAUSE OF THE ABOVE REASONS
Go reee somewhere else
>>
>>27008404
>a freemium game is bad
the sky is blue
>>
Anyone else have a glitch where during a gym battle the opponents Pokemon stays at 1HP and you cant run, or it kicks you from the battle at GO, or as soon as the battle starts your first mon faints and there is only 6 seconds left in the battle? This has happened a few times at certain gym spots
>>
>>27008218

I actually got the number of a girl at a Pokemon gym earlier today. I'm not particularly good looking and I've been hikikomori for months so that caught me off guard. I think I lost a lot of weight after I lost the will to go to restaurants by myself.
>>
>>27009164
If you like going outside and being sociable, then a mobile game isn't going to help you with that faggot. Maybe try actually hanging out with your friends instead of just being in each other's presence while on your phones.
>>
>>27009167
It's been happening to me constantly. Theres one gym with three trainers that I can't beat because of this stupid bug.
Funnily, I knocked all three out the first time but it didn't do jack
>>
>>27009196
>meet strangers down the street playing it
>keep running into them
>make friends
>have my own friends on my team, we discuss it and how we are going to hold gyms
>not sociable
Ok
>>
>>27008218
No idea, OP. It's fucking shit. It's hardly even a game.
>>
>>27009205
I know the feeling. It sucks, because it wastes my potions.
>>
>>27009219
>implying anyone is actually going to do that autistic shit
>>
>>27008218

it's a good time consumer for commuting and it's fun to do with friends.

It's good enough.
>>
>>27009254
But that's all it is, a time waster when you have nothing better to do. I don't see why it warrants all of the attention it's getting.
>>
>>27009167
This happens when the servers are laggy as fuck.

>>27009150
I'd argue the battles are actually pretty fun(assuming the servers aren't dieing). They surprised me. I feel like once everyone actually knows what the fuck they are doing you will have a reason to build a legit balanced team.

The sky is the limit on this game. In the future they can add any of the following features for immediate hype especially if the game starts feeling stale:
Gen 2/3/4/5
Trading
Shinies
Player vs Player battles

I will however admit the evolution system is pretty weak. Whats the point in saving up 400 candies to evolve a magikarp when I can probably find a gyrados in the mean time?
>>
File: 1449850887795.jpg (13KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449850887795.jpg
13KB, 248x250px
I mean the entire point of the game is to walk around outside to find pokemon but I do agree on some points.

The entire time I was watching the e3 demonstration and all it was was the guy chucking pokeballs at mons I was like "Okay, but can you show us an actual battle?"

And it slowly dawned on me through the presentation. The game is about throwing pokeballs and nothing else. No battles between trainers, no trading, just throwing pokeballs at anything that pops up. No training a team of your six favorites and pinning them against rivals, no hiking out into secluded areas to catch a batch of rare mons you could put up for trade. The game is a shell of what a Pokemon GPS game should be. There's literally other pokemon ripoffs on the app store right now that do GPS Pokemon BETTER than the GPS Pokemon game.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>27009102
>>
>>27009078
Tell me more? I live rural, but still next to 3 spots plus a gym, so I'm curious if shit like this happens.
>>
>>27009314
Trading is on the way.
Battles between trainers in some capacity is very likely on the way
Rare pokemon are actually more often found closer to major landmarks
Once people figure out what the fuck is going on building a solid team that covers it's weaknesses well will be a valuable asset when trying to take gyms
>>
>>27009253
I've had it happen to me. Some guys I met said they had about 6 friends on the same team, they've been driving around and backing up the gyms. And I know its true because I've seen their names on the gyms in my area (of which I've seen at least 8 so far.)
>>27009337
I live in innerish Melbourne, the major park in the middle of my suburb has a lot of pokestops and a couple of gyms. While I was walking around I saw at least a dozen people on their phones clearly playing (holding the phone up and swiping, repeatedly tapping in the same spot) near the stops and gyms. I was near the road trying to beat a gym and some guys drove past and asked my team, later their friends walked by a talked to me and said those guys were their mates.
>>
File: 1341561144006.jpg (60KB, 375x300px) Image search: [Google]
1341561144006.jpg
60KB, 375x300px
The game literally feels like it's in early access right now. Seriously? No battles or trading? Not even a friends list feature? There's not even anything to do once you're home from your walk around the block except sit around and hope some wild pokemon wander into your house. Why can't I take one of the pokemon I caught outside and train it on some wild encounters? Why do I have to feed my Pidgey OTHER PIDGEYS in order to make it stronger or evolve it?

It's like the people who made the game didn't even have any idea what they were making.
>Yeah, Pokemon's a game about throwing a ball at monsters to catch them, right? "Gotta catch em all" and all that, so lets make the players need to catch 400 of the same pokemon!
>>
>>27009515
You see, these are legitimate criticisms of the game.
I'm sick of seeing
>REEEE THIS IS A BAD GAME BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE THE MAIN SERIES GAME
>>
>>27008975
I don't leave the house much, though that's mainly because I sleep during the day and walking around at night time is boring and cold. Once I quit my job, Go gives me a good excuse to walk around in the summer sun, assuming it doesn't rain or some shit
>>
Eh, I understand the criticisms of the game. It's not like the console titles. It's just google maps with a pokemon overlay though. I didn't really expect much more.
>>
>>27009515
>Not even a friends list feature
Yeah, its called joining your area's Facebook group, asking for users, and adding them as friends.
It's a Social app, not a manchildren shit app like the normal games.
>>
File: 1379269072725.png (283KB, 400x315px) Image search: [Google]
1379269072725.png
283KB, 400x315px
>>27009131
Now, walk out in the middle of the street and battle that Butterfree!
>>
Honestly I thought I would hate it but it's kind of fun. It's nice getting a chance to catch them all in order of release again too. My little cousin has it on his ipad and I'm going to take him to the park in his wagon while he catches them and play some bball with him. The dude loves it so far, he just sits there and stares at his squirtle and keeps clicking on him to do the attack animation
>>
File: 1467261675500.jpg (102KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467261675500.jpg
102KB, 1124x1024px
>>27009515
It is actually like any other shitty mobile game.

>mindlessly collect the same object over and over again
>fuse them to level up
>pay money to actually be able to play the game without spending your whole spare time

But usually you can do something with your objects in other games. Not in this game tho.

I like walking around and catching stuff, but it would be so much better to fight other people and actually level up like in the real games.

Besides the licence, this game has nothing to do with pokemon and should be either reworked or deleted.
>>
>>27010006

>Pay money

why, for what, what are you spending money on, I don't understand
>>
>>27010006
You do fight other people
You do level up
Everything on the "cash shop" you can get for free at the pokestops
Fuck off retard, kys
>>
>>27010042

I just wanted to paint out, that this game is build just like any other collectable X game on the play store.

>>27010060
How does it feel not being able to argue without insulting someone?
Anyway, how can i fight other people and how can i level up besides giving my pokemon bonbons and exp?
>>
STILL WITHOUT PENIS PHOTO IN POKEMON GO!
>>
This game really needs more features and more things to do. It really does need some sort of trading and battling system, which is what most people are talking about. To me though the missed potential would be making a pokemon amie like mode where you can mess around and train/bond with your pokemon in your room or a pre-rendered 3d environment. It really feels like the people at Niantic lacked any creativity or had no creative control. Even with all the flaws I still find the game strangely addicting, which could be due to the fact that theres a plethora of pokemon near my house and most of the ones that appear are fairly rare.
>>
>>27010095
But i cant fight other people outside of the arena, right? I dont like that too much.
>>
>>27008218
>Everyone gets to catch a gen 1 starter
>Nobody's using them, and every gym in my area is lead by trainers with golbats and pidgeots
maximum kek
>>
>>27008218
trading and battling will come soon.
Learn to search.
>>
>>27008218
So your complaint about the game is that you have to actually play the game? It exists to encourage people to go outside, if that's not your thing just don't buy it?
>>
So when does this game come out for Windows?
>>
>>27008311
>have to wander around in real life to catch Pokemon unless you spend real money on items to make Pokemon come to you

Lol. Holy fuck op. Maybe this game will finally get you off your ass.
>>
>>27010118
Like a Pokemon Pikachu style. That would be fun.

To in depth though.
>>
>>27008440
>Because the originals are the best
Just fuck off you normie
>>
>>27008218
Classic Kanto experience

>>27008218

Just like in real life if Pokemon was real

>>27008218

You wouldn't fight your friends and hurt their Pokemon anyways if they were real

>>27008218

This is a good point but makes for good progression

Pokemon GO is the best thing to happen to the franchise
>>
>>27010060
a gym is not FIGHT OTHER PEOPLE

its an NPC POKEMON a human put in the gym that has RNG AI attack patterns

no human tells the gym pokemon to use EMBER or anything

its like the shitty FE Aakening online battles gameplay

fucking 1996 Pokemon red had humans command charmander to use ember in PvP battles
>>
>>27008218
How do I catch Pokemon? Do I tap when the green circle appears? What's up?
>>
File: 1467328454945.png (237KB, 588x434px) Image search: [Google]
1467328454945.png
237KB, 588x434px
>No cellphone

First I get cucked by steam and now this?
>>
>>27010129
because you evolve mon by catching more of their species, no use in using the starters in your gym if you can easily get and fully evolve other Pokemon in the area that are more common.
>>
>>27008218
>game is practically unplayable if you don't live in the middle of a city
Great game m8
>>
my friends and i were just getting fucked up at a park and catching pokemon, this was so much fucking fun. we even saw two other groups of people doing the same thing. i got to level 5 before going home, probably gonna try the gym down the street tomorrow. best shit i got was persian and pidgeotto, but a friend of mine got a fucking arcanine
>>
does anyone understand how gyms work and what determines the pokemon on top of a gym thing?
>>
>>27010374
People claim team ownership of a gym and put whatever Pokemon they want there. If you want your team to own that gym you have to battle them for it. All Pokemon go Gyms are user run.
>>
>>27008251
>>27008218
what >>>27008227 said
The argument
>it's all over /vp/
tells me you weren't here with the gen1 VC rereleases, that cancer was also all over this site. Just accept the fact that people have terrible taste
>>
>>27010262
I think you throw further the smaller the green circle is and the rest is down to aim. Fucking Zubat is small and moves about so they are hard.
>>
>>27009450
My Melbourne nigga!
>>
>>27011751
>>27009450

Melbs Represent!
>>
'ight, so this is what I know so far from having run around all day and taking a few gyms. 1) pokemon only have 2 moves, and you don't choose them. 2) to upgrade and evolve them you need to catch an ass load of the same kind of pokemon and trade them into the proffessor for candies specific to that pokemon which are the xp currency. 3) if a gym is held by your team you can choose 1 pokemon to battle the ones there but if there's more than 1 you'll probably lose, but you get XP for every fight you win and fighting is done by tapping the enemy pokemon. 4) when you fight another gym you get to choose 6 pokemon, defaulting first to your highest CP (combat point) pokemon, to TAKE OVER a gym you must win enough battles to reduce that gym's reputation to zero. A win reduces them by about 1.6k reputation. kicking another team out of a gym will give the victor a bunch of random stuff that's useful. 5) Nothing in the game is pay to win, however you can pay to pretty much be a fatass and not move and still get pokemon, but someone going around will still out do the ones sitting on their asses all day with incense and lure modules. 6) it's about 12 candy to evolve a pokemon from t1 to t2, more rare pokemon take 25, from t2 to t3 though is 50 candy, so you're gonna have to grind your fucking ass off. 7) Pokemon are location based, but their spawns are still random within the types in the region as per gps, so there'll be pokemon you can get in your area that people on the other side of the country can't get, but you aren't guaranteed to get them every time you go to a certain part of town because the spawn times/in-town-locations are randomized.

and no, if someone says they have Mew, they're bullshitting, nobody has a mew as far as I've heard.

also, get ready for competition, my team Valor pretty much controls all forty gyms in my town, but we're invading the next town over on saturday to take their gyms, so get plenty of spare 200-300+ CP pokemon.
>>
Lel I never post here but i'm glad /vp/ is like every other board on 4chan. Pretentious whining for no reason.
>>
>>27008218

you cant trade with friends bugs the hell out of me.

i can deal with gym system being the battles i GUESS but no trading at all just isnt pokemon.
>>
>literally just a copy paste of some other boring mobile game no one gave a fuck about
>slap pokemon on it half assed
>suddenly is the greatest mobile game of all time
>>
I don't like that it is p2w,

but other than that I'm enjoying it, took over all the gyms in my area, met a few people while out on a walk playing,
>>
>>27012500
It's not p2w at all imo. I'm surprised how little p2w there is in this game. Pokestops are everywhere so you never really have to buy anything.
>>
what can i do with extra pokemon?
i have dozens of zubats
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10687778
>>
>>27008404
Pretty fun anon, it reminds of of being a little kid wanting to go out and capture pokemon like ash or like red. It's that feel that makes this basic game worth it.
>>
>>27013740
Release them for candy
>>
>>27011964
Coming in a later update
>>
>>27008404
>pretty damn
Hey reddit.
>>
Been sitting in my room all night, I've got ten unique pokemon and I've caught twenty seven total. Just having the game open and my phone close to me. It vibrates whenever a pokemon is in your range, so if one just happens to spawn near you, you can tap it, toss a ball, and its yours. Catching a pokemon gives three candies, transferring (basically releasing) gives one candy, it takes between 10-25 candies to evolve, and around 50 to evolve again. It's really easy, not terribly grindy, and its an enjoyable thing to do on the side.
Even just walking to take trash out to the dumpster, I encountered 4 pokemon
And it's also possible to encounter evolved forms of pokemon
Honestly, you wouldn't want to evolve a pokemon right away anyways; their strength varies immensely so it's better to wait until you have one that is much stronger than the others you've caught, and evolve that one.
It should also be noted that I've caught all of these without a phone carrier, so even if you just have wifi at home you can still play just fine.
Go catch some pokemon
>>
holy shit

the game is based around walking around

if you don't like walking around, that's your fucking problem, not the game's

just don't play it you shitheads
>>
>>27008218
Don't forget
>needs to be running ON YOUR SCREEN in order for the pedometer to work
>wipes some of your settings when you close the app
>>
>hey guys we're making this Ingress reskin with pokémon!
>OMG! WHY ISN'T THIS A BRAND NEW GAME LIKE POKÉMON X/Y??!?!?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>27010129
I wouldnt mind a PVE mechanic that yielded one candy of the players pokemon. That way, rarer pokemon can still be usable
>>
>>27014234
Did you even read any of the thread? Nobody complained about it not being exactly like a main series Pokemon game. You should take your own advice, friendo.
>>
>>27012500
It isnt p2w. there is absolutely no reason to buy any items from the store when you can just get them in excess from pokestops.
>>
>>27014901
Read OP, retard.
>>
>get game last night
>end up driving erratically stopping around Atlanta with a friend checking in at poke stops until 4:30 am
>we just woke up, about to do it again before work
>i'm 29 years old and this is my life now
>>
>>27015036
They mentioned none of what you said.
>inb4 "I was just pretending to be retarded!"
>>
File: gofag.jpg (72KB, 750x781px) Image search: [Google]
gofag.jpg
72KB, 750x781px
I love the "will get you off your ass arguement" going around.

So it took some mobile shit tier "game" to get everyone to get some sunlight?
Well if thats the case then all the go fags are probably like pic related.
>>
If I get the apk now and play through it, will my progress transfer over when Europe launches?
>>
>>27015189
It should, I downloaded the app before it came out in the US and all of my stuff still works
>>
>>27015143
Yes because most people will do that regardless
>>
>>27009134
They specifically said they won't be making all Pokemon available.
>>
>>27015143
Fuck off Boogie I got one leg and I still manage to go outside you shit.
>>
>>27015981
btw 4chans spam filter wouldnt let me post that until i changed reddit to rebbit wew lad so the little bitch complaining about this glorious site gets to post but the guy who tells him off has to water down his post? 4chan has really changed
>>
>>27009072
>I find it funny how everyone is saying the only people who don't like this game are people who don't go outside
>>
>>27008218
t. fat neckbeard with no friends
>>
>>27009431
Trading and battling should have been in the game from the start. Literally the only social aspect of the game right now is gyms.
>>
You neckbeard fucking losers should be glad you have a reason to leave the house and get some excersize.

You may even get to talk to a real life human girl.
>>
>>27008218
Because people will like anything with Pokémon slapped on it. Even f2p trash.
>>
>>27008279
The "meme" won't die under the gen1 pandering does first, mongoloid.
>>
I live in Brooklyn, if I turn down the wrong street my white ass is getting shot, man fuck that scyther!!
>>
>Get logged out because of spotty signal
>Try and log back in
>Asks me to sign up
>Servers busy

I swear if it deleted my data...
>>
Just took the gym behind my local walmart. Let's see how long it lasts.
>>
>>27017456

This app is so fucking buggy it's insane.
It takes me 30+ attempts to Login before I can even play, and then not much happens before it CRASHES forcing me to Login AGAIN.

Why would they release it if it wasn't even functioning properly?
>>
>>27017515
Seems like you need to upgrade to a new phone.
>>
>>27017515
Are you trying to login with trainer club? Ninty servers are the ones failing as usual
>>
>servers die right as i'm about to catch TWO nidoran with three eevees within range

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>tfw your campus has a shitton of pokestops
>>
File: Hello darkness my old friend.png (739KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness my old friend.png
739KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>27018216
>calls you a tard

Damn
>>
File: flanders.png (97KB, 264x360px) Image search: [Google]
flanders.png
97KB, 264x360px
>mfw the game is literal garbage and is Ingress with a Pokemon skin, yet people are eating it up

Can't wait til Gamefreak realizes this formula sells more than the main series and drops the main franchise for microtransaction riddled phone apps.
>>
>>27009072
>game is pokemon but with constant moving around irl
>"Why do people keep talking about moving around? It's making me feel self conscious"

When you're crying about people talking about going outside for a game thats only shtick is going outside, it comes off as being a basement dwelling neet.
>>
>>27008218
because it's going to connect with sun and moon, you fucking mongoloid trash heap.
I'll be laughing when there's special events only GO players will be able to get and you'll get left in the dust.
>>
>>27009315
>hopebiscuit.jpg
>>
>In order to use this app your phone must be something from the last 6 months
>not realizing that people are broke and using outdated phones
>if it doesn't work, people are getting the APK from apkmirrors
>in order to play the game you have to go outside
>gen 1 only right now
>servers constantly crashing
>signing in is hell
>no deleting your character
>no real customization
>the stupid wrist thing is 35 and all it does is look cool and BZZZ when a pokemon is near you
>can't really battle any one but gyms
>can't battle pokemon
This should be called "Safari Go" cause you can't fucking battle pokemon the safari
>>
what do I use for my name?
>>
>>27019571
literally whatever you can find
>>
>Finally able go get outside today
>Server dies

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (39KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
39KB, 900x900px
>head out to gyms down the street
>server issues
>>
File: 1467152670496.gif (194KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
1467152670496.gif
194KB, 200x202px
>Want to catch Pokemons
>Game keeps crashing in loading screen since yesterday
Just
>>
SERVERS DIED AGAIN
>>
File: 1337519533103.jpg (27KB, 435x410px) Image search: [Google]
1337519533103.jpg
27KB, 435x410px
>>27019656
I know that feel
>>
>>27019629
But my gamertag is already claimed
>>
File: image.png (428KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
428KB, 750x1334px
How am I doing?
>>
>>27008218
Fuck, in my town there is only one pokespot.
Well, I think I will fake my GPS location...
>>
>>27019693
yeah I know it is anon, so was mine and it's fucking retarded, I don't think it really is but I had to use numbers for a change and I've not done that in like 5 years. but I made a girl acc with a name and it worked. It's pissing me off
>>
>>27019700
Poorly. Your pokeymans are shit.
>>
NOT to mention it uses up all my battery insanely fast
>>
Now i can get into the game but pokespots and gyms won't load

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Aura_Slicer_(large).jpg (22KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Aura_Slicer_(large).jpg
22KB, 248x248px
>>27009314
>guildwars icon
top taste my friend
>>
the only pokestop near me is inside the prison fence
>>
>>27019795
team instinct doesn't care about no entry signs
>>
File: image.png (46KB, 402x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46KB, 402x313px
Crap, I ain't moving from my couch to catch damn Pokemon
>>
>>27019834
Ha! I recognise that reference.
>>
This game is absolute cancer. The only reason it exists is so that neckbeard cucks can imagine themselves as pokemon trainers while they're actually just working minimum wage. You can find these men clogging up public restrooms looking retarded, tapping their phone screens, and shouting "I caught a picaghhvhuuu ahahahah yay".
>>
>>27019898
Then don't post in the thread, you insecure faggot
>>
>>27011696
>terrible

I think you mean different.
>>
Because it's pokemon. There is no other reason. It doesn't matter how stupid it is or how shit the game turns out to be, people will play it simply because it's pokemon.
>>
>>27020219
/thread
>>
>>27019683
Not only that. I was about to capture a dratini when the server died on me. But now I only get shitty ratatas and pidgeys

Well at least it was somewhat fun to try it out for the first time
>>
>New generation pokedexes released in 6 month intervals
>No new features, just new pokemon
>Each dex is $14.99
>>
>>27018213
Thank Ingress players for that one
>>
>>27020453
they need to add the ability to properly battle with other trainers and wild pokemon. Even the gen 1 battle mechanics would be enough seriously
>>
File: 1390070522202.jpg (59KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1390070522202.jpg
59KB, 800x450px
>Don't care about this game
>Friends won't fucking shut up about it
>Fuck it, fine, I'll get it
>spends hours getting this shit to run on my ancient pos phone
>finally works
>Servers are down
>>
Not P2W if you have a job like mine where the building is a pokestop and you can just farm items all day. Been here for 2 hours and already got 15 pokeballs and 2 eggs
>>
>>27020453
>not $4.99 for more buyers
>>
>>27008218
they seriously fucked up having only genwun mons

imagine what a god tier marketing campaign it would have been if they have all the brand spanking new pokemon added in to catch to build hype for the new real games
maybe even add in unrevealed mons in that are super rare to get people playing more to hunt down some leaks
>>
>>27020678
They said in E3 they will add the rest later since they first wanted to test the grounds with the game
>>
>>27008218
>>27009021

Does this mean Unovabortions would rather have the B2W2 dex be the starting batch of Pokémon, or even the BW1 dex?
>>
File: 1467717948187.png (265KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467717948187.png
265KB, 480x480px
>no luck catching anything last night
>sleep
>wake up refreshed and ready to catch pokemon
>see the only pokestop is at a park by my house
>easypeesylemonsqueezy.wav
>walking dog, 3/4 of the way there
>servers down
fuck
>go home
>servers back up
>leave dog at home
>set off on new journey to pokestop
>finally catch something other than starter
>reach pokestop
>servers down
>walk home pissed
>lie down on couch
>mfw servers are back up
>>
>tfw there's a fuckton of gyms and pokestops near you b/c of ingress players in the area
I dunno about you guys but im gonna fucking catch em all and get /fit/. I lost 20 pounds during the beta because this game got me off my ass and hunting 'mons around town. I love it.
Once they add gen II & IV im totes gonna run the most bullshit-tough retarded gym ever out of my local light rail park-&-ride
>Dunsparce, Bibarel, Ditto... it's gon' be good.
>>27009253
I represent that remark.
>>
>>27020980
Good for you anon
>>
I know /vp/ can be autism central but let me explain something that might shock you. Different people, in fact, can enjoy different things. I mean pokemon itself is a fucking children's game and it doesn't appeal to everyone. I would think you might pick up a basic understanding of subjective experience as a result.
>>
>tfw two gyms 20 meters from each other within a 500 meter radius of my house
>both are in a stadium locked with a steel gate and I can't get in at night
fuck my life
>>
File: B1YRncJCUAEwE6p.jpg (45KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
B1YRncJCUAEwE6p.jpg
45KB, 600x338px
>>27021513
You're welcomed
>>
>>27008218
Ok lackluster game, sure.

But what does it make you do? Fucking go outside to places you've never been, learn about your town/city through Pokespots and potentially (if you're not a socially anxious motherfucker) meet fellow Pokefans.
>>
>>27021995
>learn about your town/city

This was literally the point of Ingress, that's why the portals usually are places of historical value
>>
File: 272.jpg (28KB, 421x446px) Image search: [Google]
272.jpg
28KB, 421x446px
>>27008218
come on OP, it's a social experience, even if you don't get to trade with friends. i've had fun meeting other people playing the game.
>>
>>27018216
Yeah, me too. I wonder if it's also affected by timezones.

I am very disappointed by the lack of interaction with pokemon, especially with the hype that was had, but I'm trying to see it like geocaching.

Hopefully in time there won't be overloaded servers like geocache.
>>
>>27009431
>it's on the way!

This is precisely the attitude that enables mobileshit and faggots like EA.
>>
>>27009845
>.99¢ has been deposited in your account
>>
>>27008218
The best generation
Stay mad fatty
May come later, game is fun without it so far
This isn't bad it's just different

That's all the hate on go: it's different. After playing the same pokemon game 60 times over 20 years I'm getting bored. This is exactly the sort of innovation we need and would never get in the core games.

But no, you autists just want the same game over and over again for eternity. Just replay one you own.
>>
>>27022437
battling and training?
>>
It's fun and unique to the series. Get some friends and wander aroud to the different spots. It's awesome.
>>
how old is too old to play this shit?
>>
>>27021995
I learned there's a mosque a couple blocks over that I didn't know about with a Lutheran church 2 dors down from that. There's also a public pool nearby.
>>
>>27022961
>>
>>27009845
>using the word app seriously
Chad, I know you and Stacey love laughing at nerds online, but are you certain there isn't some club you could go to instead?
>>
>>27022961
>>27022993
coincidentally thats how much the wristband shit costs
>>
File: shut in NEET.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shut in NEET.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>27008218

Spotted the neet shut it
>>
>>27008218
>have to go somewhere I don't want
>at least I can catch some rare pokemon and go to some pokestops to get free items
>also I get to hold down a gym near my house and RP as a gym leader

What's not to like? It's an RL pokemon
>>
>>27008218

This is the worst fucking thing ever and what's worse is you see all these casual scum getting lucky and posting pictures of fully evolved mons they caught.

I have nothing but babies and a fucking Kakuna at level 4.
>>
>>27023129
Are you going to cry about it?
>>
>>27013809
You say "release them for candy" but how the fuck do you do that? Be more specific. The game just launched.
>>
>>27023486
Kind of rude for somebody asking for help don't you think?
>>
Does this game ever actually fucking work?
>>
>>27023707
no, everyone who posted pics photoshopped them and this is a big roleplay thread
>>
>>27008218
I tried playing it but it disconnects all the time when you are not near wifi for some reason
It's shit
>>
>>27023707
I've had server trouble twice for no longer than 10 minutes and am totally fine the vast majority of the time.

I don't know what everyone is on about.
>>
>iphone 6+
>relatively often has issues and crashes

is this a fucking meme

what fucking phone do you need to run this reliably
>>
>>27023952
I have an galaxy S5 and it runs perfectly desu
>>
>>27023952
Works great on a Nexux 5x although it runs a little warm.
>>
It's still fucking down for me

pls god
>>
>>27024024
http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

It's down for everybody you sperge, relax
>>
>Trying to make a new name
>An error has occurred. Try another name.

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>27023952
Android
it just werks
>>
>>27023952
S4 here. Was good until today :( FIX SERVERS GOT DAMN IT. I CAUGHT THAT 90 VULPIX!
>>
>>27008404
Because I already enjoy going outside and exploring, this game feeds my dopamine system with trivial rewards for doing so
>>
As anyone tried using the fake gps thingy for when you are home?
>>
>>27008218
I tried playing it but it disconnects all the time when you are not near wifi for some reason
It's shit
>>
>>27024038
this shitty ass site can;t even keep its servers up
IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR

WHAT THE FUCK
BUY SOME GOD DAMN SERVERS
HOW DO THEY NOT SCALE AT MOMENTS NOTICE?!?!?!??!
>>
>>27009139
No you want reasons confirming what you already feel, taste and enjoyment are subjective experiences not something you make logical arguments for. Unless you are autistic, then you can't make the distinction, which sucks for you, but be mindful of how fucking annoying it is to everyone who isn't dysfunctional
>>
>>27008218
>>have to wander around in real life to catch Pokemon
Um, yeah, that's been a selling point since the day it was announced.
>>
>>27009196
>spent the better part of the morning helping each other track down mons
>but yeah we totally just ignored each other

It's actually super useful to have a team with you since the range indicator doesn't tell direction. With three people, you can triangulate locations of rare moms pretty quickly. In the two hours we played, everyone got about 30/150 indexed
>>
File: questionblackman.gif (236KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
questionblackman.gif
236KB, 314x320px
So all the people playing go ONLY NOW go outside because theres a bad cgi pikcahi waiting for them in their mothers backyards?

You all didn't lose that extra 300 lbs of weight in the day go has been out, neckbeards.
>>
>>27024270
wow good one, you better post this on 9gag to get some karma
>>
>>27024270
At least there's a fun reason to go out instead of wanting to impress Chad's girlfriend at the gym
>>
>>27024526
>everything I do revolves around sex, must be the same for everyone herpderp
Come back in a couple minutes when you're throwing a fit because a woman made a passing comment about male sexual obsession.
>>
>>27008218
>only able to encounter gen 1 Pokémon
Fine with me. Genwunners can enjoy their mobile trash while we true Pokémon fans look forward to real Pokémon games
>>
>>27019396
This game would be better f it had the safari bait
>>
>>27008335
He literally DIRECTLY addressed OP's second point.
>>
>>27024781
You judge something the way its released.

Splatoon for example was given some pretty poor reviews at launch due to content issues, shit was added (for free) within the following weeks and till this very day new game modes, maps, and weapons are being added.

Promising shit later is nice and all but as it stands go is pretty bad so no need to sugar coat it like everyone else.
If you genuinely enjoy it though then play it.
>>
>>27019396
My phone is two years old and cost 60 bucks, it works fine
Didn't have to get an APK
Caught 30 pokemon just sitting in my room
They'll obviously release more pokemon
Signing in is literally just tapping a button, it's because people are accessing it before it's released in their country that's causing server issues, which isn't nintendo's fault
Why delete your character
Only one pokemon generation even had trainer customization
If the wrist thing isn't worth it then why get upset about it
If you can battle gyms, then you can indeed battle pokemon
I don't even know what you're upset about
>>
File: 1457599342167.jpg (60KB, 495x507px) Image search: [Google]
1457599342167.jpg
60KB, 495x507px
It's so fucking unfair how Pokestops are placed. Chucklefucks in cities or overly populated areas NEVER have to even THINK about paying for anything fucking ever. Meanwhile I had the game for a day and ran out of Pokeballs. It's really fun but there's only 2 pokestops within 5 miles, and I don't even live in a small town. Ive never even seen a gym in person, yet
>>
File: BONFIRE.jpg (677KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
BONFIRE.jpg
677KB, 1024x749px
>GO drains my battery faster than an AC charger can charge it
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I JUST WANT TO SIT STILL AND HAVE POKEMON COME TO ME
>>
>>27008227
this. this. this.
>>
>>27008227
All of normie friends on Facebook are all over this game and spouting the usual genwunner trash all over the place. One shining example is one which I don't even think plays games and just shares a bunch of "haha gamuurr xD" posts all the time, and now he's copy/pasting the first season's lyrics everywhere. Rest of them are doing similar things but toned down a little. Hell, even dudes who I know used to come to /vp/ back 3-5 years ago but turned normal are loving it.

Make sure you rate, comment and subscribe to my blog, hope you like it.
>>
File: pokego.jpg (80KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
pokego.jpg
80KB, 540x960px
>>27025372
>on a university campus
Feels good man
>>
>>27020824
FUCKING B^U
>>
>>27025372
Pokestops and Gyms are Ingress portals, so Ingress players where the ones who decided where to put all this shit
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 425x282px
>>27008279
>Anything other than the 151 true pokemon

Dropped
>>
>>27008218
marketed towards genwunner normie casuals
>>
If there's no battles then what do you do at the gym?
>>
>>27026617
>genwunner
whats that?
>>
>>27026661
Click a move vs shitty ai until the pokemon abandoned at the gym are defeated, then you can claim it as your own and show the world you are indeed the biggest autist
>>
>>27026661
There are battles. That's exactly what you do at the gym. You've been misinformed.
>>
Okay, I just fucking restarted my phone and got the servers running again. Fuck me, man, I've been itching to play since fucking NOON.

Anyways, quick question: how do you check the status of your gyms/gym Pokemon? Because I just turned the app back on and my Tauros and Clefairy are at 1 HP, and they were the ones I had at the gym. Does that mean I was defeated?
>>
Post yfw you discover a gym and the pokemon guarding it is

>gyarados
>>
>>27026766
lurk moar
>>
>>27008218
I have a friend of a friend who is a massive SJW, who complained that "forcing" her to walk around was tantamount to fat-shaming. Apparently she has some medical condition that prevents her from walking around short distances. In other words, she's fucking lazy. She wouldn't HAVE that condition if she got off her ass every now and then.

And this mutual friend ours, agreed with her (at first, thank Christ I changed his mind), by complaining that "the game should be about exploring, not counting steps".

Fuck those guys. How do you do an augmented reality game about catching Pokemon in real life, without leaving the house? It doesn't fucking work. How the fuck do you explore without exploring?

If you don't want to leave the house because you're a lazy fuck, then just play the 3DS games. Those still exist.
>>
>Picking starter pokemon
>Game crashes, suddenly going back to home screen

Just fucking tell me what do I have to do to fix this problem. I just want my fucking boi squirtle already
>>
>>27026846
They give you Bulbasaur by default
>>
wow you guys are losers
>>
>>27026741
someone pls
>>
Anyone here have been in a shitty part of your town to get pokemans??
>>
>>27026975
I went to the poor part of town which I grew up in. It triggers me just driving through.
>>
This would be fun if I had friends/a life
Or even a smartphone so I could actually play it haha

Haha
>>
>>27010340
But I live in a small town. I'm talking maybe 800 people and we have two gyms and several stops.
>>
Whenever I go outside there's this guy named Roger walking around who is the most talkative motherfucker I have ever met. He wears an eye-patch and approaches anyone, no matter if they're in their car or walking their dog or shitting in the parking lot. Imagine, just walking to your car and this 40 year old guy with an eyepatch suddenly appears and asks you, "Did you know Martin Luther King Jr. was actually not black, but Cherokee and half-white?" I've had conversations lasting an hour with Roger, he has a wide range of knowledge on submarines, dolphins, Ulyssus S. Grant, loud motorcycles just to name a few. He's a polite kid and heck if I feel bad for him when people call the cops on him. They don't understand. Pokemon Go is pretty fun too.
>>
>>27027111
Shut the fuck up Roger or I'm calling the cops
>>
>>27008218
>>only able to encounter gen 1 Pokemon

How is this a bad thing
>>
>>27026846
>I finally was able to tap on the little fucker.
>I pick camera view because why not
>See squirtle in my basement
>Get excited
>The game lags like hell
>By some miracle throw pokeball
>Nigga headbutts my ball right back
>Despite lag, was able to throw another
>Game crashes before I could catch it

Ha....ha hahaha

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1427516150130.png (38KB, 294x392px) Image search: [Google]
1427516150130.png
38KB, 294x392px
>>27027455
>>27026846
Quick everyone, point and laugh.

>tfw I don't have a shitty ancient phone
>>
>>27013905
How much incense did you use though?
>>
>>27027786
I haven't used any yet, wanted to wait until the servers are more stable in case I ended up getting disconnected with one active.
>>
>>27027455

I DID IT
I FUCKING DID IT
I GOT ME THE LOVABLE BASTARD
IT ONLY TOOK SEVERAL HOURS AND RAGE
BUT I FUCKING DID IT
I'M RELIVING MUH CHILDHOOD
>>
>Last three times I used incense I got nothing but Spearows, Weedles, and Rattatas
>Decide to use the last one
>Tauros
>Horsea
>121 Pidgey
>Motherfucking Gastly
>>
>>27027882
Ride on anon
>>
>>27019898
Kek
>>
>>27008218
Some people aren't autistic
>>
>live directly next to a golf course
>it's filled with flying grass
>can't get to any of it without hopping the fence or actually playing golf
>no grass patches anywhere else

fucking RREEEEEEE this game
>>
>>27009845
I didn't believe in literal shills until this post.
>>
>>27013905
How do you stop the screen turning off every 2 minutes?
>>
>>27008218
still better than x or y
>>
>>27029834
Change your phone's sleep timer. I have mine set to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity, but depending on how frequently they spawn near you, that might need to be higher. Then, just keep it plugged in.
>>
>>27029870
Huh, I can only set mine to 10. Thanks though.
>>
>>27025346
>why delete?
I have 3 accs and I want to get rid of 2 of them and try a better name. My god damn name is taken and it pisses me off

>if you can battle gyms..
I'm not seeing this

>not even sure bro
You've not seen what the rest of the world has then

>>27026599
Genwun pls go
No one wants a genwunner here
>>
>>27011871
not necessarily the same kind. if you catch a pidgey, then get a pidgeotto, you only need pidgey candies to evolve the pidgeotto to a pidgeot.
>>
>>27029919
I think there are apps that will prevent your phone from sleeping, try Keep Screen On and see how that works. I believe you can even set it to only stay on for specific apps, so it wouldn't affect your phone if you're not playing Pokemon Go.

>>27029921
Gyms and Pokestops are the only things you have to walk around for, if there isn't one within view range of you you're probably gonna have to walk a fair distance, maybe go to the store at night or something.
I can't do that, I don't have cell service so I'm restricted to what I can catch in areas with Wifi, but even then I've caught a ton.
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.