[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, lets take a moment to stand back shall we. With a bunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: KAEm_f-maxage-0.gif (317KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
KAEm_f-maxage-0.gif
317KB, 500x257px
Okay, lets take a moment to stand back shall we. With a bunch of new pokemon revealed for sun and moon, its pretty understandable to be excited. Plenty of new abilities, lots of unexpected typings. Every mon is shaping up to hold a lot of potential.

But lets remember who is in charge here. GF is more then likely to give your new bro poor stat distribution, shit move pool, or make poor use of its abilities.

So get it off your chest /vp/. What would you like to see from the newcomers, and how do you expect GF to fuck them up.
>>
I want Vikavolt to get a decent movepool, and a hidden ability that allows him to have some kind of niche.

Knowing GF, Vikavolt will not have a hidden ability and will have terrible stat distribution.

I want Rowlet's final evo to be a fast physical attacker because if it's anything else it's gonna be shit without a ridiculous ability. If it's a special attacker, it's not gonna have a movepool because grass special attackers never have movepools. If it's a bulky/utility mon, it's gonna be shit because it has a shit defensive typing and it's not gonna get Spore.

What is going to happen is that gf is gonna make Rowlet 3 slow, "bulk" and give it no movepool. Meganium 2.0 than can use Roost.
>>
>>27007545

Vikavolt has levitate, it is practically guaranteed not to have a hidden ability.
>>
>>27007485
As of Gen 5, they seemed to have honed their skills making competitive pokemon. This trend continued in Gen 6 with little gems like Greninja, Sylveon, Aegislash, and of course Bravest Bird...

There wasn't really any blunders except those that are supposed to be shit like Dedenne, Carbink and their constant hatred for ice types.

I'd expect all the new pokémon to be competitively viable, bar Togedemaru.
>>
>Berserk raises special attack
>Sap sipper raises attack
Please don't give Drampa a retarded stat spread. Also don't make it male only, not having egg moves sucks.
>>
>>27007623
Dude, gen 6 was full of blunders.
Fucking Pyroar is a mechanical clusterfuck. They basically designed that poor bastard to be shit beyond repair.
Then you have Avalugg. Another defensive ice type that will never see the outside of PU.
Let's not forget Delphox who was given the worst ability and worst movepool of the starters out of spite.
Gogoat's terrible.
Vivillon's terrible. Another shitty bug/flying with shit stats who likes to quiver dance.
All of these have the same mistakes they've been making for years.
>>
>>27007680
Eh, it's a dragon type AND a normal type. It's gonna learn half the TM list regardless of egg moves.
>>
>>27007623
Not really, Gen 6 doesnt have a much larger group of competitively good mons than usual.

What Gens 5 and 6 really excelled at were making older mons more viable.
>>
>>27007688
I'd give you Gogoat and Delphox because they were clearly sabotaged, but the others are perfectly fit for lower tiers, not everyone can be a superstar, you know?
>>
>>27007887
Look at Pyroar's movepool and abilities and tell me that son of a bitch wasn't sabotaged.
>>
>>27007485
I don't play competitive so I don't care about stats. I enjoy using all my favorite pokemon.
>>
>>27007688
ive never seen so many disagreeable, both subjectively and objectively, opinions in one post
>>
>>27007922
i use pyroar in one of my teams and he's pretty awesome, the normal typing is a bit unneccessary but he only gets STAB special normal moves because of it plus silk scarf and noble roar, he's pretty bulky given his comprable status to luxray
>>
>>27007951
I'm not talking about looks. But in terms of usability, all the pokemon I listed are utter garbage.
>>
>>27007949
You dont need to play competitive when a Unfezant doesnt learn a single useful physical fly attack level up. Having to wait till you get Ariel Ace as a TM half way through the game is a joke for a starter bird.

Pokemon dont have to be perfect, but I expect their movepools, stats and abilities to match up to a degree.
>>
>>27007968
i will prove you wrong right now

at least for the pokemon you listed I have on a team. I play anything goes

Pyroar ("Lionidas") - Modest with 252 Sp Atk 252 Def 4 Speed

Flamethrower (chance to burn, goes well with physical defense, chip damage and halves attack)
Noble Roar (lowers atk and sp atk of pokemon with +1 priority)
Hyper Beam (honestly unless the thing gets hyper voice which it might, gets insane kills after noble roaring and sitrus berry make me into a tank)
Dark Pulse (youre right about this, not much coverage, but hitting psychics is a plus or maybe ghosts who think they can switch into normal shit)

Alternatively run silk scarf for an extra douchey hyper beam

Avalugg ("Tankton") Brave, 252 Sp Def 244 Atk Rest in Def

Kee Berry (boosts defense by 1/2 stages at 1/3 health)

Avalanche (you wont outspeed now plus with brave nature ensures 120 BP physical ice move)
Curse (use when a physical mon moves in with kee berry)
Recover
Crunch (coverage)

Not a special defensive pokemon but with EVs and my IVs, comes to about 87 at level 50 which is easy to tank any neutral special hit with stab to 1/3 and activate kee berry, but I probably wouldnt risk it
>>
>>27007987
Oh that's true. They did suck badly.
Maybe because they released 135+ they did it on purpose, but see? That's complete garbage, not those you listed from Gen 6.
Patrat, Leavany, Samurott and Serperior are almost unusable even by ingame standards.
>>
>>27007968
then there's gogoat who i just added to a team, I like to think of him as an HP troll, I dont have OR in front of me but off the top of my head:

Gogoat w/ Big Root Adamant nature

252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp Def (since fire/ice are usually special not even worth boosting this)

Horn Leech
Leech Seed
Bulk Up
Bulldoze (Coverage plus lowers speed which helps with medium fast pokemon, meaning I get my HP back faster)

and thats it for the ones you said, Vivillion is a shame because it exists solely for its gimmick, but I dont mind it as a concept, I just mind the lack of attempt at diversifying.
>>
>>27008230
>noble roar
>hyper beam
Jesus Christ, I'm getting memed right
>>
>>27008247
Leavanny unusable? Nigger what? Sunny Day, Swords dance, and anything that doesnt resist bug or grass is done son

Serperior? First of all contrary serperior, but I run a physical set with speed investment, dragon tail for switching shenanigans, leech seed, leaf blade for them crits, and something else...coil?
>>
>>27008280
whats wrong with noble roar
>>
>>27008295
>doesn't resist grass or bug
But literally everything resists bug and grass
>>
File: aint even mad.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
aint even mad.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>27007485
i love the pikaclones but i know by a fact that togedemaru will have shit stats bar speed
>>
>>27008316
theres a lot tht does but i've gotten a good amount of sweeps where the enemies had bad matchups, and if they didnt, I have teammates that support with sun and status
>>
>>27008313
It's wasting a move slot for a bad version of intimidate. That could be a will-o-wisp instead.
>>
>>27008337
Maybe, I just have the wrong ability

still will o wisp feels like a waste with flamethrower's chance to burn already there, it's not like pyroar is fast enough to warrant that quick wisp

i see what youre saying tho, still, it fucks over mixed attackers
>>
>>27008337
Noble roar is one of the few things that can lower an opponent's special attack. It's only one stage but it's something to soften special and mixed attackers
>>
>>27008605
this

>>27008337
actually i just checked, pyroar doesnt even get intimidate, rivalry is the better option considering most people run exclusively male pokemon, moxie would be alright but special pyroar has more power to it
>>
>>27007688
>Compound Eyes almost turning Sleep Powder into Spore and STAB Hurricane into a guaranteed hit
>access to Quiver Dance
Say that Vivillon's shit again to my face and see what happens. I've swept people 6-0 with this thing.
>>
Honestly, my biggest fear is just that they're gonna make it way too easy and give you too many free Pokémon.

My specific fears for individual Pokémon?

Vikavolt will have a great special move pool but stats for physical.

Drampa will be completely balanced

Rowlet won't be a glass cannon physical sweeper

But the biggest one? All of the guardians will basically just be reskins of Tapu Koko ie the genies. I don't know why but I have the sinking feeling this is true.
>>
>>27007623
If togedemaru gets follow me it'll be decent in doubles. It's a steel type so it'll probably have decent defence. Give it iron barbs and put it next to a mega gardevoir and it covers a lot of its weaknesses with follow me. Immune to poison and 4x resists steel (and will hurt iron head users).
Let's just hope it gets the move though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.