[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that really promising fan game called Pokemon Phoenix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: fukit.jpg (670KB, 1199x724px) Image search: [Google]
fukit.jpg
670KB, 1199x724px
Remember that really promising fan game called Pokemon Phoenix Rising? Well....
>>
Bad designs didn't stop Gen V from being good. I don't see how that'll stop PR from being good, either.
>>
>>27002280
Why is it always Gen V that gets picked on?
>>
>>27002404
>Muh ice cream and trashbags.
>>
>>27002247

DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTRS
>>
File: wd7Ja8N[1].png (582KB, 1024x906px) Image search: [Google]
wd7Ja8N[1].png
582KB, 1024x906px
>>
>>27002404
because gen 5 is probably one of the worst gens in the series according to the fanbase.
It's also because while hoenn had more low-quality designs, the bad ones in unova are some of the worst designs.
>>
>>27002674
That's actually a pretty gorgeous form, desu.
>>
>>27002615
Every generation has bad designs, but it ultimately isn't why the games are bad; it's the content itself.

Just look at XY, has decent designs overall and can be argued to be very good games, but at the same time, a lot of vets dislike them for how empty it feels content wise.
>>
>>27002404
>why is shit called shit

bw2 bringing back older pokemon saved gen 5
>>
>>27002742

That's pretty much why Gen 5 is hated right there.

It's not because of the Pokemon themselves, it's because BW doesn't let you catch any old Pokemon until post-game.
>>
>>27002404
Go fuck yourself
>>
I WANT MORE OF SUPER RISING THUNDER
>>
>>27002247
>2/10

>>27002674
10/10

how did this happen
>>
File: 553Krookodile[1].png (936KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
553Krookodile[1].png
936KB, 1280x1280px
>>27002404

It's a meme.

Notice how whenever someone criticizes Gen 5's designs, it's always about the Trubbish or Vanillite lines. They never bring up Pokemon like Braviary, Krookodile, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Galvantula, or Chandelure.

It's cherrypicking, nothing more.
>>
File: qhUpVJZ.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qhUpVJZ.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: frosslass.jpg (109KB, 677x657px) Image search: [Google]
frosslass.jpg
109KB, 677x657px
>>
>>27002757
Definitely agreed. It's the whole idea that we were promised effectively a game without zubat, geodude, and tentacool everywhere, but then just got 'clones' of them (woobat, roggenrolla, frillish) and were forced to not use any of our old favorites at the same time.
I honestly wouldn't have minded the whole 'Gen 5 mons until post-game' part if there hadn't been so many fucking 'clones'.
>>
File: GfuNkRZ.png (258KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
GfuNkRZ.png
258KB, 900x900px
I believe this makes all they've revealed so far if we're here to critique them.
>>
File: 2016-04-15_21.30.31.jpg (155KB, 897x598px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_21.30.31.jpg
155KB, 897x598px
>>27002426
>"It Just Gets Bigger" the generation
>muh 3 families of pink blobs
>muh 3 piles of purple goo
>Snake Backwards
>Muh magnets
>One Dragon
>One Ghost
>muh Seel
>Kum
>
>>
>>27002828
It doesn't help that some of those cool looking pokemon are ass. I loved Braviary when I first saw it, but it's just so terrible that I can't bear to use it.
>>
>>27002840
Arcanine looks terrible but the other two look cool
>>
>>27002404
People are already moving on to calling Gen 6 the worse and Gen 5 the best.

It's just the PokeCycle of gen hate.
>>
>>27002840
>>27002859
>>27002884
Mega Lilligant, Mega Arcanine, and Mega Froslass all look great. Mega Starmie is pretty cool, too, as is Mega Flygon, though it's my least favorite.
>>
>>27002891
The defense here is that first gen was the beginning. You can't fault them for bad design that early because it's 'safe' (also they didn't know it would be this successful). You can fault them for bad designs down the line because they should know better by now. Or do some kind of testing. Or something.
>>
>>27002674
shit son this is awesome
>>
>>27002757
You fucking kidding me nigger? i loved only being able to see new pokemon, that kept things fresh, i hope sun/moon has LESS old pokemon in the main story, leave those for post game stuff.
>>
>>27002950
Still doesn't justify gen 5 bashing.
If you start off like shit, everything will be an improvement.
>>
>>27002891
This anon right here gets, it don't see how people can bash on gen V when atrocities like gen 1 exist with their shitty designs carried ONLY by nostalgia.
Gen V is fucking amazing, shitting on it is a sign of shit taste.
>>
>>27002974
>i hope sun/moon has LESS old pokemon in the main story,

Didn't the hawaiian nigger have Pichu in his opening team already? Expect the same thing as X and Y
>>
>>27003011
It's just pikachu, the nigger mascot rat will always appear no matter what.
>>
>>27003116
Rotom is the pokedex also though
>>
>>27002974
I love the idea of only seeing new pokemon too, but when I see shit like Roggenrola (geodude), Woobat (zubat), Audino (chansey), Timburr (machop), Tympole (poliwag), Sawk/Throh (Hitmonlee/chan), Dwebble (paras), Trubbish (grimer), Gothita (ralts), Foongus (voltorb, only because if there's no voltorb there HAS to be something that looks like a pokeball right??), Frillish (tentacool), and Bouffalant (tauros), I feel cheated.

Yeah, they all have something unique about them that makes them different than the originals, but it still feels like they could've done something better with those slots. Keep the typings, movesets, and stats, and just make the designs not reminiscent of previous pokemon.
>>
>>27003116
Its possible he has Pichu just to hit Popplio SE which means it'll even progress to Raichu (Calem had a Clefable). He could end up taking another 'mon for the other starters, who knows what he's going to do with it. Just saying, its possible he won't always have Pichu.

That said, they also had a Caterpie and I cant remember what but one or two other gen 1 'mons.
>>
>>27003204
In the video Hau only has Pichu and Litten. Although it's confirmed that you can find Ledyba and Caterpie in the wild before you get to that point.
>>
>>27002404
Because it's really different when compared to other gens, and the fanbase of it is easily baited and quick to defend it if anyone says ANYTHING remotely negative about it.

So that's gonna make people hate it too.
>>
>>27002757
This is still such a stupid reason to hate a pokemon game
>>
>>27002247
>promising fan game
Nice oxymoron you got there.
>>
>>27004145
Niceme.me
>>
>>27002950
You can safely and heavily shit on Street Fighter 1 despite it being the origin of the worldwide popular franchise. Creating something doesn't mean being devoid of flaws.
>>
>>27002247
Eh, design isn't so hot but some better art would go a long way. If the typical designer for Phoenix Rising drew this in their style, I'm sure it'd look considerably improved.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.