[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he plays stall For what purpose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: 1453901030966.jpg (7KB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
1453901030966.jpg
7KB, 200x174px
>he plays stall

For what purpose?
>>
>>27002240
Yeah, it's fucking retarded. Expect some cringe ITT, though.
>>
Best offense is a good defense.
>>
Its fun
>>
>>27002240
It's more patience-intensive and requires you to think farther ahead than balance or hyper offense

The only stall matches that last long are stall vs stall and when one side hasn't realized they've already lost
>>
Offense is much faster, I don't know why people play stall.

Don't you want to win quickly?
>>
To trigger anti-stall fags
>>
File: 547_20Whimsicott_201_large.gif (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
547_20Whimsicott_201_large.gif
13KB, 400x400px
I don't, but I'll admit I've been using Whimsicott on battlespot and I got A LOT of ragequits so far. Not even time stalling, I just wall people completely. It was pretty funny when someone swapped in a Garchomp after a Taunt thinking they would be safe just to get moonblasted and instantly DC.
>>
>>27002308
>thinking ahead
>stall
>>
>>27002331
I win quicker with stall. More quits makes shorter games. It is only stall vs stall that slows me down, and if I get to that part of the ladder, I start brining counter stall
>>
>>27002355
Well yeah, especially if you're against someone who is playing in top form
>>
>>27002240

They don't like to lose and stall is the easiest and least risky playstyle. They typically instant forfeit the second they lose a crucial mon. So they expect you to sit through a 200 turn battle and see no problem with that but they can't even be bothered to finish a battle once they get fucking wrecked.
>>
>>27002447
That's wrong though. Stall is the least skill intensive playstyle as you are punished less compared to making a mistake with balanced or offense
>>
They're the cowardly autistic pussies of competitive and everyone knows it.
>>
>>27002519
That's untrue. Losing a crucial Pokemon in a stall team is as much of a nerf as it is losing one in any other team. The only difference is that it may take longer to see the negative effects.
>>
>>27002519
this is the argument scrubs always have with playstyles that control the game. it doesn't matter what game it is, defensive playstyles will be hated by hyper offense players who dont like getting checked constantly
>>
>>27002579
Stall has recovery to offset bad decisions.
>>
>>27002616
Whether it be a misplay or RNG, sometimes shit happens that you can't recover from.
>>
>>27002656
Getting ko'd is only a part of being punished for a mistake. Compare garchomp lead vs hyppowdon lead. Garchomp can chose to set up rock or attack or dtail. Hyppowdon can do the same by with whirlwind. Garchomp can't slackoff and try again if it chooses wrong and takes damage. Hyppowdon can.
>>
>>27002758
Yeah, that's a benefit of using Hippowdon over Garchomp.
>>
>>27002384
This is what I used to get top 100. I'm not good at pokemon at all. With non-stall teams I usually get around 1600-1700 though.

Once you get in the 400s you'll face a bunch of shit players who used stall, just like myself. Simply bring a couple counter-stall mons literally assfucks their whole team. You'll have a harder time against some of the offensive and balance teams but you won't be facing those as much.
>>
File: 59vwIYS.jpg (48KB, 816x653px) Image search: [Google]
59vwIYS.jpg
48KB, 816x653px
>>27002240
Because stall players use the easiest and most annoying teams to win, to piss off the opponent into rage quitting. At least that was my reason to run a sehdinja-digletu-mega sableye stall team.
Then I battled an ABR stall team.
Never
Fucking
Again.
>>
>>27002897
Also there is no skill required on using stall teams, other than general predictions.
>>
>>27002240
It was never my intention to play stall.

But I hate having strong weaknesses in my team.

At first I just added a wall... then another.

Next thing I knew was that all my pokemon were defensive.

And I was winning more often.
>>
>>27002355
>>27002519
>>27002616
>>27003000

How to spot sub-1100s
>>
>>27002240
I like to waste people's time.
I like knowing I'm making my opponent feel something.
I like knowing I made someone's team useless too.
It is super satisfying to have someone waste their time in a 300 turn match just to have them lose in the end.
I'm not a mean person, I'm actually really nice, but this just makes me happy for some reason.
Plus, it keeps me busy for a while.
>>
>>27002240
For winning
>>
File: i have seen it all.gif (117KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
i have seen it all.gif
117KB, 300x200px
>tfw stall will never go away

god fucking damn it gamefreak
>>
>>27003768
Good.
Short matches are never interesting.
>>
>>27003822
Yeah man I love switching over and over for 100 turns.

There's a reason most people hate stall: It is fucking BORING.
>>
>>27003822
Long, stall v stall matches aren't really interesting either. It's a long time of very little happening until someone manages to outplay the other after three fucking years. It's like amateur sports games, there's so much nothing inbetween two cool moments. I only enjoy playing HO because I want it to be over quick, I'm not a competitive person at all so if I'm playing a competitive format it better be quick because otherwise the fun will go away very quick.
This is why I want a really good AI, I don't like playing against other people ;-;
>>
>>27003768
>Yfw they hire hemoglobin for gen 8
>>
>>27003877
>It is fucking BORING.
Not for me, the stall player, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>27003574

I'm consistently top 500 tier and stall is for absolute scrubs who can't handle losing in a heavy RNG competitive format like pokemon.
>>
>>27003901
>the other player's enjoyment does not matter
you're the very reason I don't like competitive
>>
>>27003687

This post proves another thing about stallfags: they're narcissists with no respect for anyone else.
>>
>>27003921
Non-stall is boring for me.
Should I drop what is fun for me just because others may not like it?
I don't think so.
>>
>>27003984
How the fuck can you find stall fun? Nothing fucking happens for 95% of the match.
>>
>>27003687
Go kill yourself
>>
>>27003999
I'm guessing autism. Autistic people tend to enjoy the monotonous.
>>
>>27004001
So hostile, and I'm the bad person?

>>27003999
It's fun because the people I face are never prepared. I like to slowly wear down their team.
>>
>>27003934
This desu senpai. I'm in total control.
>>
>>27003984

Forget dropping the playstyle, you should really just consider taking your own life altogether.
>>
>>27004052
>never prepared
they're 'never prepared' because they don't want to deal with your bullshit

it's not always about winning
>>
>>27004133
Well then they shouldn't complain when they're stuck in long match then.
>>
>>27003687
agreed.
in any fighting/dueling game, the most satisfying feeling you get is one where you make your opponent ragequit. second to that is visible frustration or distress.
people only get frustrated or distressed when something is difficult. if stall was easy to beat then noone would care. it's a viable strategy to win and if you don't like it then feel free not to play.

>>27004133
>it's not always about winning
then forfeit. if you don't mind losing, and you don't want to play against this particular team, don't.
you're not being forced to play this game.
>>
>>27004171

Or we get a stall clause in and then beating you skilless faggots will be like shooting fish in a barrel.
>>
>>27004163
Shut up. You suck at the game and rely solely on bullshit low risk strats that make the game less fun for everyone involved.
>>
>>27004196
>Or we get a stall clause
lmao
>>
>>27004216
If you don't like it, just build a better team.
>>
>>27003920
Name? Claiming something like that on an anonymous image board doesn't mean jack shit. You need proof.
>>
>>27004233

It's only kekworthy because the Smogon powers that be favor the playstyle to a ridiculous extent. If they didnt have to constantly ban heavy hitters to keep their shitty playstyle afloat stall wouldn't exist anyway.

Survival of the fittest applies to pokemon as well. Defensive pokemon cannot thrive without rendering certain offensive pokemon unusable.
>>
>>27004259
Nice meme. Kill yourself.
>>
>>27004196
>stall clause
How would that even work
>>
>>27003768
Stall IS dead and the game is currently extremely HO.

It's really just Smogon banning these HO threats so stall can live because apparently that's far more of an equal and fair meta.
>>
>>27004274
Not a meme, if you were a better team builder you wouldn't have trouble and would have no problems with stall.
>>
>>27003687
>>27003901
>>27004052
CRAAAAWWWLLLIIINNNGGG INNNNN MY SKIINNNNNNN
>>
>>27004001
It's not like you have a high chance of fighting this guy.
>>
>>27002796
Anon's point is that Stall can fuck up & still end up getting off scot-free, which is rage inducing when you have a team mostly consisting of fat shitters
>>
>>27004313
Nice try, but I beat stall teams 2/3 of the time. Doesn't change the fact that it's bullshit for talentless hacks and it makes the game significantly less fun.
>>
>>27004261

And yet it's entirely fine when people callously accuse everyone else who disagrees with them of being low ELO shitters. It's only a problem when someone is actually good. Why don't you aim for some consistency in your argument before demanding shit of me.

No one likes to compromise their anonymity on 4chan. It's part of the appeal.

Have you ever achieved a 90 GXE with a greater 10:1 W/L ratio. Have you ever been in the top 500? Top 100? 50?
>>
>>27004315
There's nothing edgy about enjoying others getting flustered.
It's just a game, it's not hurting anybody.
>>
>>27004171
>then forfeit. if you don't mind losing, and you don't want to play against this particular team, don't

that's precisely what I do every time I'm up against a stall user

anyone who plays stall can fuck off and stay gone
>>
>>27004281

List all the fat stallmons that everyone knows: Quagsire, Chansey, Amoonguss, Slowbro, Alomomola, etc. Then take it to a vote to decide how many of these pokemon are allowed on one team. Let's say the limit was agreed on 2. So you can have a Quag and Chansey but once you try to add that Skarmory or Amoonguss the system will reject your team for breaking the theoretical stall clause. Ideally you wouldn't even be able to find a match unless your team fits the criteria.
>>
>>27004371
First off,
>avoiding the question

And second, the reason I assume that you're bad is the things you say. Any decent player will tell you that stall is the most difficult play style to A) Build and B) Play. I know from experience that the people always complaining about how stall is "stupid" are all low-ladder shitters who got but their that they lost.

And no, I don't think I have done any of those things, but since you conveniently won't tell me what your name is, I don't know if you have or not.

Really, you're not fooling anyone. No one is stupid enough to actually believe that you're telling the truth.
>>
>>27004387
"Yeah, I'm not like other guys. I'm unique. I'm a thinker. I enjoy feeding off the hatred of others, especially Christians and other sheeple. My mind is simply too complex for the average person to understand."
>>
>>27004481

It really tempts me to make you look like an absolutely assblasted fool right ITT but I'm not compromising my anonymity on 4chan. I can link screenshots of everything from ridiculously high GXE and ELO, for XY and ORAS, but i won't, because if I know I'm good there's absolutely no reason to need to prove that to some random asshole on 4chan.

Lurk the thread maybe if I get stoned enough I'll post my credentials. But i wonder what you'd say after you get wrecked with proof. You'd probably vanish from the thread so it would be a hollow victory for me anyway. There's literally nothing at stake for me. I didnt prove anything to you; that doesn't mean I'm not disgustingly good at the game.
>>
>>27004357
But that's an inherent plus to choosing the fat option over something more offensive or quick. The same thing happens whether Hippowdon or another Pokemon associated with stall is on a stall team or a balanced team or whatever else.
>>
>>27004604
There's absolutely no reason to not post your ps name here.
>>
>17 (you)s
Stall really does pay off.
>>
>>27004604
>>27004660
Do it, I wanna see this stall retard get blown away.
>>
>>27004660

There is, because I'm semi well known in the PS community and I am absolutely known in the /cpg/ community. I don't want to be known as that guy who shits on stall.

I'll work on scrubbing my name out of the screenshots in such a way that it would prove my ranking while not giving away my PS name.
>>
>>27002240
1.It can trigger people
2.It's fun.
>>
>>27004481
Hi, so I'm not the same person you've been talking to, but yes, stall is 100% stupid. It's mostly just switching about between counters a lot, and throwing out status when you can.

I've laddered a lot with stall now on one alt, pic related. This is the team I used, although it took a while to finish: http://hastebin.com/etuliqusaj.md
That being said, I don't really believe the point stands about stall being difficult to build considering most people will just copy paste the same Sab/Skarm/Chans/Amoon/Quag/Weavile team, or make a very similar variation on it.

Generally the worst, least skill based ladders will be the ones stall is being most used on/is best on. In that respect the Hoopa suspect ladder was awful because of how many almost purely matchup based builds were going around.

Playing stall is not comparable to other styles, because stall will continually make the safest play for 100+ turns. It's just a question of figuring out what that safe play is, and 99% of the time, it will be really obvious.

Honestly, after testing it out a lot, it's pretty clear to me that if the meta is to be as skill based as possible, there needs to be no room for cop outs where you just play passively every turn.
>>
>>27004754
I don't play stall. I main Users, where stall is unviable as fuck, and when I play OU, I almost always play balance or bulky offense. I've never made a serious stall team in my life.
>>
File: StallfagBTFO.png (985KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
StallfagBTFO.png
985KB, 1280x800px
>>27004481

Here you go you relentless fucker.

>Filename
>>
>>27004871
First off,

>Safari

Second,

>You forgot to blank out the top right corner

Third,
see >>27004865
>>
File: 1456183247174.jpg (70KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1456183247174.jpg
70KB, 768x576px
>>27004871
Biz, this is your friends at /cpg/ and we are disappointed you would shit on stall.

Never come back again, okay?
>>
>>27004871
>>27004917
>>27004953
tragic
>>
I played stall for one battle and was matched up against another stall team. I won after 234 turns, while reading a book. It was so mentally unstimulating that I immediately went back to my hyper offense teams.

Stall takes no skill. People who win with stall are narcissist scrubs who need to feel like good battlers. Stall is also so monotonous and boring, that anyone who enjoys this strategy must have autism or be on opioids.
>>
>>27004953

Hilarious

>>27004917
So many criticisms deflecting away from the fact that you were completely wrong about my skill level, top kek.
>>
>Skill less, braindead stallfaggots BTFO
>>
>>27004283
It's more balanced right now.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.