[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salamence being suspected in UU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 373Salamence[1].png (963KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
373Salamence[1].png
963KB, 1280x1280px
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-oras-uu-stage-7-2-asteroid.3576546/

>UU is suspecting Salamence. It fits on every playstyle, excelling at its role - whether that is as a fat Defogger, a mixed Wallbreaker, or a DD sweeper. Between Intimidate and Moxie, it can pick between checking physical attackers better and finding more set-up opportunities or cleaning up more effectively. Its coverage causes it to have few reliable answers, often forcing one to play around it with complex set-ups such as baiting it into Outrage to revenge-killing it with a fairy. While it offers much to teambuilding, it also places a heavy constraint on it, leading to this suspect test.

UU Suspect History

>March 2015: Serperior banned
>June 2015: Victini banned
>July 2015: Mega Pidgeot banned
>December 2015: Crawdaunt unbanned
>June 2016: Alakazam banned
>>
>>26999891

I beleive it.

It's funny because Salamence was previously banned in UU, but then unbanned it from BL after ORAS release for no reason and then he's just been able to float around in S rank for a year and a half.
>>
WTF WASNT SALAMNECE UBERS IN BW AND DP AND FRLG?!?!?
>>
>>27000213
Power Herb Xerneas changed ubers a lot
>>
>>27000213
>>27000213

>BW

no, but it was really good due to moxie shenanigans

>DP

yeah, but right at the tail end of Gen 4.

>FRLG

no.

Reason why Salamence is UU (soon to be BL) is because Mega Xzard does Salamence's job in OU better, and is immune to burn status.
>>
>>27000213
Mega Salamence is at the top of Ubers right now actually.
>>
>>27000324
Nope the top is primal groudon
>>
>>27000573
With at the top I meant S-ranked. Literally the best Mega in the tier. Mega Mom is B rank.
>>
UU player here. I find this questionable, but then I run Shuca Empoleon for the express purpose of countering Mence. Still pretty funky. Mence is great, but I don't find him absurdly dominating to the point of needing a ban.
>>
>>26999891

who the fuck was even the fucktard that thought this shit should've been allowed into UU?

It's as stupid as allowing Gengar into UU
>>
>>27000753
If Gengar's usage rate dropped low enough, it would in fact go to UU until a ban went down on it. I don't know why you people think tiers are based explicitly on power when only the banlists are.
>>
>>27000991

I know tiers are based on usage, still, just a glance at that thing and comparing its overall power level to the rest of the UU tier shows it was a bad choice and it should've been tested before they put it in UU
>>
>>27001190

Hydreigon and Metagross are in UU, so "power level" isn't a good argument
>>
>>27001190
Kyuurem has a 660 BST and is so shit he's not even UU.
>>
>>26999891
will they allow the ascendant to participate in Ubers tho
>>
>>27001400

Well, it's not that Kyurem is crap in UU, there are definitely much worse mons there, like Vaporeon.

He's just criminally underused for some reason.
>>
>>27001899
>Vaporeon
>crap

It's very good at being a cleric and status absorber. It's also a scald deterrent.
>>
>>27002107
Alomomola is better in virtually every way as a defensive 'mon.
>>
>>27002124
No heal bell or water absorb

So no not absolutely every way
>>
File: Drake.png (838KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
Drake.png
838KB, 1180x842px
name me one (1) pokemon more centralizing then Salamence in UU
>>
>>27002107

Alomomola has more bulk and Regenerator, so it can pass Wishes while simultaneously healing itself
>>
>>27002203
Aerodactyl and reuniclus
>>
>>27002203
Maggron.
>>
>>27002221
You're underestimating how good heal bell and water absorb can be in uu
>>
>>27002332

If you want a cleric, use Sylveon or Florges

If you want something to absorb Scalds, try Jellicent, Heliolisk, Toxicroak, or Seismitoad

Vaporeon is outclassed by every other Water-type in the tier
>>
>>27000991
You idiot. Meme was already banned from UU until ORAS came out and unbanned to try it out
>>
>>27002420
What if I want a cleric wishpasser and something to absorb scalds
>>
>>27002420
What if I want something that fulfills both?

>you above 1100
>>
>>27000573
One of the reasons Mega Hence is S rank is because it can kind of check pdon.
>>
>>27002496
>>27002578

Use separate Pokemon for those things. That's Vaporeon's problem; it's trying to do too many things at once.

If you can't see why Vaporeon is a shitmon in UU, then you must have a really low ELO.
>>
>>27001879
?

Mega Salamance is S rank in Users and is probably the best mega, right next to mega Gengar.
>>
>>27002610
Stop
>fulfilling multiple roles is bad

Sub 1300 elo player spotted
>>
File: D Rank UU.png (1KB, 191x79px) Image search: [Google]
D Rank UU.png
1KB, 191x79px
>>27002694

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-uu-viability-rankings-v4.3555277/
>>
>>27002732
>if my smogon overlords say a pokemon is bad then it isn't useful at all and no one should ever use it
I love this meme.
>>
>>27002694
If you want water absorb and recovery, use jellecent or gastrodon
>>
>>27002763
>talk shit about showdown rating, that is essentially a smogon battleground
>gets proven wrong
>"s-smogon a shit!"

okay, mate
>>
>>27002610
Is 1500 considered low elo in UU? I'm not the guy you're arguing with but I do use Vaporeon in my team since it can pass wishes onto beedrill safely while deterring scald spam.
>>
Stop defending your waifumon, and learn to use actually good shit. Otherwise you will be looked down upon for trying to rock Pokemom that are at the bottom of the barrel in their tier.
>>
>>27003221
Post your elo mate, I'm new to UU and want to learn by watching good players, if I can watch you play and learn more about the game then that'd be cool.
>>
Fuck off Smogonfags, go back to your cult
>>
>>27003524
Go back to Pokemon Go threads.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.