[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Pokemon Go Experience Day1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: encounter_2.0.0[1].png (504KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
encounter_2.0.0[1].png
504KB, 960x540px
Amerifag here (New York City) Just installed the app off some shady site last night and spent a couple of hours playing the game this morning. There's no tutorial, so I was pretty much standing outside in the hot ass sun trying to figure out wtf to do. Eventually I figured out that I had to walk to the points of interest and collect shit.

How the fuck do I find pokemon the correct way? I keep walking to these spots on the map where little blades of grass would be shown floating in the air, but no fucking pokemon show up... I keep pressing the little icon on the bottom right and then I select the pokemon that I want to find (it's grayed out because I haven't discovered it yet?) I kept selecting the grey'd out bulbasaur and krabby thinking that when I walk over to the blades of grass, it will turn into a pokemon that will try to engage me or something, but nothing ever happened (yes I closed and re-opend the app). after 30 min of walking and collecting items from the points of interest, I finally found a DODUO! And then I found another....and another..and another...and another..........Again through trial and error I figured out that you'll only get REAL pokemon to come to you if you use and item called incense that attract them to you

The battle system is complete shit, again, no tutorial. I stood out there in the sweltering heat fighting a pokemon at one of the gyms. I lost every single time. It was only after I was down to my last doduo that I fucking realized i was supposed to be moving my pokemon around and fight it myself, instead of thinking they would fight on their own. In the end i still lost after the gym's rattata hit each one of my doduo's only three times.

Also, there's literally one guy who owns all the gyms around my area. I know this game isn't out in the states yet officially, but still, this guy "coolkid" walked some fucking miles to conquer every gym he came across. (I guess they were vacant to begin with since no one knows about this game).
>>
Fuck off this isn't your personal blog
>>
Where in NY? I own the 9 gyms within 20 blocks of me
>>
>>26999766
>>26999842
Fuck you guys, there'll be nothing left for me once the game actually is released here
>>
>>26999864
You can always fight my pokemon and take the gym. im only lvl 8 and the pokemon in the gyms are around 100 cp except one thats 400 cp
>>
>>26999864
I'm the gym leader of most of the Albany NY area, there's nothing wrong with it, better than leaving them vacant, I've already set up challenges for people to overcome, every game needs an antagonist. Train hard to defeat us it's a goal and a challenge not a freebie.
>>
>>26999944
>New York City
>>
>>26999944
>From Albany
>I'm from Albany

D-do we have to meet and fuck now? We can fuck in the IMAX theater ;3c
>>
>>27000120
Only if you beat me in a pokemon battle. Look for Minori. Team Articuno.
Also the IMAX in colonie center?
>>
>>27000237
Colonie doesn't have an IMAX? I thought it was just Crossgates?

Are you an UAlbany fag?
>>
>>27000477
I thought Crossgates was a regal and colonie was IMAX, anyway I was Albany college of pharmacy over on New Scotland ave, just graduated last month
>>
>>26999766

How's the variety of Pokemon in NYC? I live in Brooklyn, looking forward to seeing what's around here.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 266x189px
>>27000647
Nah man, Crossgates is only one in area with IMAX. I'll most likely take over your gyms when the game goes live.

Be on the lookout for HauHusbando swiping your gyms from you.
>>
>>27000694
Also in brooklyn, this morning it was awful just doduos tauros and pidgeys
>>
>>27000728
And I'll swipe em back prepare for a turf war Hau
>>
>>27000845
I would like to say, it's a little unfair you got a head start so when I do best your gyms I fully expect you to take me on a lovely date. No homo.
>>
Planning to meet up with pokemon fans in your area is all fun and games until that person is ballS deep in your ass while you wear a yellow rodent costume and scream "PIKA PIKA"
>>
File: ahhh.png (4KB, 140x134px) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.png
4KB, 140x134px
>>26999766
Has this become pasta already?
>>
>>27000869
It is a bit unfair but the elite four don't start off at zero like you do at the start of a pokemon game, like I said, Ive set a challenge. You need to work to overcome it. I can't recall the pokemon I've put there until they've been beaten afterall so I can't train them anymore until somebody has beaten them. Just work hard to overcome me, knowing I had a head start will make it all the more rewarding.
>>
>>27000995
You didn't answer my date question...
>>
>>27001031
Don't be so forward, you'll get your little date soon enough.
>>
>>27001165
I'm excited, Minori! ;3c
>>
>>26999766
I've been watching my sister play. Not really a fan of the gameplay myself, but the mon roster for my area is pretty accurate for suburban Australia.
>Doduo and Poliwag everywhere
>local shopping mall is basically the Rock Tunnel, full of Zubat and Machop
>local train station is the Gym
I doubt I'll play it myself (unless there's exclusive mons I can use in the handhelds, like new HAs or attacks), but I gotta give credit where credit's due.
>>
File: pokemon van.jpg (216KB, 1034x772px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon van.jpg
216KB, 1034x772px
I live in nyc too. Anyone wanna meet up?

I have a van we could use to get around and catch pokemon together, it'll be fun.
>>
>Have to catch Dozens of Drowzees so I can evolve my one good one into Hypno.
This is fun.
>>
How do I found pokemon? Walk to the grass area and nothing shows up.
>>
whole thread turned into some fucking gay ass circle jerk /w 2 faggats roleplaying...pathetic desu no wonder this board is so shit, none of the questions in the OP were even answered and I myself wanted to know the answers too..
>>
>>27001331
no thank you
>>
>>27002494
>implying we aren't going to meet up and become friends
>>
>tfw Hollywood fag who drives a lot
>tfw landmarks everywhere for free Pokeballs and other shit

good feels
>>
>>27001331
>not using a bike
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.