[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generation 6 analysis - Day 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

Today we will be looking at the first evolutionary line in the Kalos pokedex: Chespin Quilladin and Chesnaught.
Quite an interesting bunch. The first mammal grass starters we got. Chespin is very cute and the way it hardens its quills in battle or when scared is a very interesting idea. Quilladin is one weird middle evolution and hasn't really got anything going for it. Chesnaught on the other hand is quite the drastic change. Has an unique ability in bulletproof and quite a diversed move pool with excellent physical defense and attack, access to recovery and great stat boosting moves like swords dance and bulk up.(sadly it doesn't get stealth rocks)
In my opinion its a fantastic evolutionary line and my actual first pick since the beginning. Chespin is just adorable Quilladin is a bit disappointing for a middle stage but we've seen worse and Chesnaught is just plain awesome and one of my all time favourite bros. Not much else to say.
What are your thoughts?
>>
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>26997513
Chespin is cute
Quilladin is absolute dog shit and looks Bolivian
Chesnaught looks like shit unless it's shiny
>>
My favorite Grass starter
>>
>>26997513
Love this line. My favorite Grass-type starter.
>>
File: 1461843794355.png (326KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1461843794355.png
326KB, 800x700px
Best Grass starter.
>>
Oh hey these threads are back.

Chespin is nice, Quilladin is just awful and Chestnaught looks pretty cool. Not my favorite and not even my pick for the game, but he is OK overall. Definetly a better signature move than Delphox or Greninja, that's for sure.
>>
>>26997513
It's shit. End of thread.
>>
>>26997513
This could be really fun or really gay, but I'll bite.

I actually like Quilladin the best, yeah hes derp as fuck but he accurately bridges the gap between Chespin and Chesnaught.
>>
>>26997513
Does anyone remember those "What do you think of this 5th Gen Pokemon" threads?
>>
File: image.png (195KB, 600x642px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195KB, 600x642px
>>
>>26997513
Chespin is a qt, love the design and concept.

Quilladin is a little worse, but it still carried the theme over from Chespin and still looks great.

Chesnaught is utter trash. The color scheme changes, it hardly looks like a knight, and it looks like a bear in a full body cast. Also, there are no head spikes, which its pre-evos had. The only Gen VI mon I dislike.
>>
I love Quilladin. I also love Chespin, but not as much as Quilladin. My favorite Pokemon is Jigglypuff, and I also am already a huge fan of Togedemaru, so clearly roundness and cuteness are huge selling points to me. Quilladin has both. I don't understand why people hate it so much.
>>
>>26997513
Interesting ability in Bulletproof, excellent Protect variation that deals damage in Spiky Shield, bad typing adding the unnecesary Fighting-type (it is based on a defensive knight why the Fighting-type and not the Steel-type?), good design in having a spiky cape, the Spiky Shield animation is its only good animation.

Not my favorite Grass-type, but it is currently the third as long as Green Arrow is confirmed fake (Treecko line is my favorite Grass-type)

My overall rating: 7.5/10
>>
>>26997513

Chespin a cute.
Quilladin a ugly.
Chesnaught a barafag.
>>
>>26997934
Yeah. Gen VI version will end sooner.
>>
>>26998053
Cool, because I'm the original OP of those threads.

But I'm fine with others taking over for the other Gens, so long as you go all the way.
>>
>>26998140
Op here. Thanks I'm definitely doing this all the way.
>>
>>26997513
Pretty much the worst starter line ever. Even the Chikorita line pales in comparison when it comes to being pure shit.
>>
>>26997513
Shiny Chesnaught should've been the regular coloration. That would've saved the line from being regarded as the worst starter ever.
>>
>>26997909
>>26998044
The middle stage is not supposed to be cool or cute. It's an awkward in between. Like Metapod or Shellgon.

>>26998396
I agree but it's definitely not the worst. His hands and arms look a bit wonky but otherwise it makes sense.

I don't get why some people have such a problem with his hunch. He's wearing a chestnut shell from Quilladin stage. He looks like a pointy, hulking, oaf Rodent thing with Chestnut armour.
I know some people were expecting the RPG theme to make him a noble and charismatic knight but fuck that, awkward punchy shield sounds like a far better RPG character than Mary Sue the Paladin.
>>
Favorite Gen 6 starter line too...
But it Chesnaught does look like a terriermon evo because of it's color.
>>
>>26997879
cool
>>
>>26997513
Trash, trash and pure trash.

Nothing much to say, except that they're trash and I question the sanity and intelligence of anyone that likes them even a tiny bit.
>>
Chespin is okay, but Quilladin and Chesnaught are easily the worst starter pokemon ever.
>>
>>26997513
Chespin's my favorite grass type
Not too big on Quilladin
Chesnaught's alright
>>
File: Armadillomon_b.jpg (58KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Armadillomon_b.jpg
58KB, 320x320px
>>26997513

Wait, I thought Chesnaught digivolved from Armadillomon?
>>
>>26998928
>I agree but it's definitely not the worst.
Oh dude it's definitely the worst. It was literally the lowest ranked final evo starter in the nip poll for the distribution. The line turned out to disappoint me a lot, since back in 2013 Chespin looked like a great starter, and it is still one of my favorite first stage designs. As soon as I saw Quilladin I kinda got my hopes down for the line, considering how Pignite turned out to be. I'm still befuddled by Chesnaught's departure from Chespin and Quilladin's design.
>>
File: 1358565449436.png (103KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
1358565449436.png
103KB, 491x491px
>>26997555
I agree with this anon entirely.
>>
>when everyone bitches that Quilladin is "fat"

He's a chestnut, you turds. That's like complaining that Blastoise is fat.
>>
It, like many things Kalos, is ok. Not bad, not great, it's okay.

Didn't really get a feel for it during my play through but i got my chespin fully evolved. If not for its status as a starter it would be completely forgettable.
>>
>>27002175
When will people stop using the poll as if it somehow backed up their opinion?

It's just that, an opinion.

Let me remind you that:
>Japan does not speak for the rest of the world
>The poll promised an event pokemon, which made people vote for legendaries or overrated pokemon
>People there tend to like the overrated starters like Greninja and Charizard a lot more than the other ones
>They tried to make Magikarp and Magnemite 1st place as a joke
>Landorus ranked up pretty high, does that mean that it's a pokemon everyone loves more than Gengar or Blaziken? No.
>>
>>26997513
The bandwagonning hate on this thing is real.
>>
>>26997513
There's nothing wrong with Chespin and Chesnaught.
The only thing wrong is Quilladin, for the same reason Pignite was wrong.
>>
>>26997513
Copy pasting from an old Chesnaught hate thread.

The arms and legs proportions are fucked; arms should be shorter with the elbows more defined, and legs a bit longer. As it is now it looks retarded outside of fanart.
The color isn't that bad, I understand people like the shiny better, but it isn't that bad. The beige parts should be darker though.
Stat wise, it should have been a fast-tank (specially with that typing), since it makes more sense as the "armor-cape" looks light as fuck.
>>
Chespin was such an insane design, and I was looking forward to his final evo, but I was so disappointed. Chesnaught looks like complete garbage. Why is he so lanky? Why is his colour scheme different? It looks nothing like its former evolutions or any animal at all. It looks like a bearded hunchback human wearing a giant turtle shell he found on his back. Such a wasted opportunity,
>>
>>27002855
It still means that Shitnaught is the most hated starter yet, and that's what's important.
>>
File: Boceto_de_Quilladin.png (320KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
Boceto_de_Quilladin.png
320KB, 800x565px
>>26997513
Quilladin is my favorite Gen 6 Pokémon.
>>
>>26997513
it seems like one person designed chespin and quilladin

then someone else that is also colorblind decided to make chesnaught, while not looking at the other two, but was being told verbally and vaguely what the other two pokemon looked like
>>
File: Chestnutz.png (113KB, 274x295px) Image search: [Google]
Chestnutz.png
113KB, 274x295px
>>
>>26997513
>Chesnaught is just plain awesome and one of my all time favourite bros
This is easily the most disgusting sentence I've ever had the displeasure of reading on /vp/.

In other words, shit taste.
>>
>>26997513
I love all three and learn to love Quilladin for some strange reasons. My fav 6G starter.
I was a froakiefag during first reveal but Greninja kinda killed it for me. It's not even the tongue, it's the color scheme and the Origami-like head.
>>
>>27004568
What's your favorite Pokemon and why?
>>
Chespin a cute!
Chesnaught is cool!

Quilladin is SHIT. SHIT SHIT SHIT.
>>
I don't give a shit what you memers say, Chesnaught is pretty cool
>>
File: quilladin.jpg (140KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
quilladin.jpg
140KB, 430x600px
Chespin and Quilladin are cute, the latter especially reminds me of pic related. Too bad Chesnaught shits all over that look with its lanky limbs. Would it have hurt to make it look a little bulkier and make its silhouette more like that of a chestnut (round)?

Chesnaught is a fucking amazing name tho
>>
>>27004761
It's not a meme when it's the truth.
>>
I feel like a lot of the hate Chesnaught gets is a bit of a knee jerk reaction. Sure it's not as nice as Chespin, but it's not like it's offensively bad. Wouldn't be shocked if the hate threads that keep popping up were one guy trying to force it, like that one guy with gen 6's pseudo's gender
>>
>>27002855
Thing is Chesnaught was lower than the the other fully evolved mons by a lot. The gaps between the others aren't that considerable, but when Chesnaught is lower than Emboar or Meganium you know that it is truly the worst starter.
>>
>>27005050
>"hurr durr it's one guy"
Fuck off.
>>
Looks like shit.
>>
File: Chesnaught_concept_art.png (521KB, 904x639px) Image search: [Google]
Chesnaught_concept_art.png
521KB, 904x639px
Chesnaught is in my top 5 pokemon. It diasppoints me that many people(especially on /vp/) don't like him but that's okay.
>>
>>26999424
pretty epic tbqh m8
>>
>>27005196
>being this mad about me pointing out a vocal minority
>>
>>26997513
Shit. Super shit. Mega shit. It should be obvious why they're all shit to anyone with half a brain cell.
>>
>>26997513
I like Chesnaught. I don't think it looks as horrendous looking as many people claim it is. Its a pretty cool glyptodont man.
>>
>>27006028
Could you write me an essay? Anti Greninjafag raised the bar pretty high
>>
Ugly and only sppf barafags like it.
>>
File: Shiturott.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Shiturott.png
55KB, 250x250px
>Chesnaught
>worst starter

You all must have forgotten about Seashell Unicorn Mustache Dog.
>>
>>26997969
Agree on Chestnaught 100%, though I do like Quilladin and wish Chestnaught wasn't so different from it. Chestnaught is just a shit tier design. Awful color scheme, weird body armor. I don't care if it's a ripe Chestnaught; it looks like an anatomical monstrosity.
>>
Chespin is awesome. Quilladin might be in the bottom 10 Pokemon every designed. Chesnaught is fine. I picked it because I pick grass starter every game and if I played through XY again I'd probably pick Gekkouga
>>
>>27002855
>>They tried to make Magikarp and Magnemite 1st place as a joke
>Magnemite
That would have been pretty cool.
>>
>>27003911
>bearded hunchback man wearing a turtle shell he found on his back
do you not realize how awesome he sounds
>a Pokémon looking like a fantasy humanoid forest species and not an animal is bad in any way

>>27005196
notice how 4/5ths of all anti-chestnaught fags feel the need to use the word shit in their posts. Seems like a nice mental range to put them all in
>>
File: WumpaEatingSounds.png (127KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
WumpaEatingSounds.png
127KB, 600x416px
>>26997513
Quilladin is my nigga.
>>
>>26997513
Quilladin is CUTE!
>>
Loved these guys. Chespin is cute, but has a lot of character. Quilladin is the perfect example of an awkward second stage, but I'm still a fan of it. Chesnaught is a badass. All in all, best gen 6 evo line.
>>
>>26997513
I love the entire line. Chesnaught is my adventure buddy, I bred a shiny one and I love him.
>>
>>27009089
They're all saying it's the worst starter just because it was the lowest ranked fully evolved starter in the Japanese poll.
>>
Only homosexuals like Chesnaught
>>
If you like Shitnaught, you're unintelligent. Simple as that.
>>
to this day people still don't know what a ripened chestnut shell looks like, and that chesnaught is wearing armor hence why the brown is hidden

oh well, I guess it never ends like how "beam me up scotty" never fades

>>27003969
that doesn't make it hated anon
>>
>>27013696
Maybe it's because reasonable people don't give a shit about the ripened chestnut bullshit that's being spewed around by ignorant idiots? A pokemon should never stick closely to real world ideas and should always share its pre-evolutions' color schemes. No buts or ifs.
>>
>>27013720
except that's never been the case, Pokemon evolutions stick to its THEME than shit like color and such

other mons that changed colors include Honedge and Nidos.

also the irony of calling other people ignorant while proclaiming to be reasonable
>>
>>26997513
It looks awkward as fuck and I don't understand how its arms could even bend. Too much space taken by the shell. I dunno why barafags think he's burly when he's actually quite lanky. That fanart doesn't count.
>>
>>26997551
how even?
>>
>>26998140
>I'm the original OP of those threads
I was the one who hijacked your series when you stalled with Audino
>>
File: tumblr_mukzn2vWw61qau6z9o1_500.gif (990KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mukzn2vWw61qau6z9o1_500.gif
990KB, 500x475px
>>27013881
>lanky

nigga he has a V shaped body, that's far from lanky

you want lanky? look at nuzleaf
>>
>>27013720
>calls himself reasonable
>his argument is mainly composed of uncalled insults to anyone who likes something he doesn't
???
>>
>>26997513
Worst pokemon. Worst design. Worst typing. Worst stats. Worst movepool. Worst fanbase.
>>
>>27014658
>number of posters didn't go up with this post
No surprise to be honest, since "all of you" write exactly the same way.
>>
>>27011083
Wow, it's almost as if it's shit and that it's the perfect description for it. Who would have thought?
>>
File: 1413676235.oob_slam.png (152KB, 850x650px) Image search: [Google]
1413676235.oob_slam.png
152KB, 850x650px
Chespin is cute!
>>
File: based.png (13KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
based.png
13KB, 245x206px
>>26997699
>>26997604

Drink based liquids.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.