[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon Super Attacks.png (1018KB, 871x1730px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Super Attacks.png
1018KB, 871x1730px
What do you think, /vp/?
>>
>>26995382
I'd say it seems pretty likely, but of course spec is spec.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 219x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 219x160px
I'm pretty sure somebody already posted this yesterday.
>>
>>26995417
It was in another thread, but I thought it deserved it's own
>>
>>26995382
If every Pokémon really gets their own "super attack"... we're fucking doomed. Nobody will care if there's some sort of drawback; they'll just wipe your Pokémon with that and go on.

But knowing GF, the feature would probably only be available on some 40 Pokémon or so. Still, they would have to balance everything pretty well.
>>
>>26995989
Once per battle, meaning it would only be able to effect the first Pokemon sent out... of course if you're using that in a 1 on 1 match, then that's that, but those are typically only in-game. Otherwise, we probably would only be able to use it one time in each battle through one Pokemon, and unable to use another Super Move from a different Pokemon in the same battle.
>>
>>26995989
>>26996387
They'll probably require to be charged. And you can already sweep the main game with everything. It all boils down to competitive.
>>
>>26996412
That's kind of the point, though. If they left the mechanics the same with each new Generation, then the competitive scene would be boring as fuck (even though it already kind of is since everybody uses the same goddamned team).
>>
>>26996441
How would a addition of a new move would make the competitive scene boring? Just the thought that your opponent can use a Super move sounds exciting.
>>
>>26996467
That's the point I tried to make. It would be exciting if this were to happen, because if they didn't do something like this, then the competitive scene would remain the same each year and become boring.
>>
Let's say it's true.

Fifth moves are unique for certain pokémon. Starters get unique moves, Pikachu line gets one of course, zygarde's core punish or w/e it's called is its exclusive.

Other pokémon share a move based on their primary type.

It'll probably be a high BP (100+) with great accuracy but low, very low, pp (no more than 5 or only usable once per battle).

Wouldn't be too bad. Could give other shitmon a boost.
>>
>>26996596
I agree that it's probably gonna be like what you said, but I think every type should have 3 possible moves and you select the ones that fit. Special pokemon get their own extra (Starters, etc etc)

This way you can have a physical, special and utility move for every type instead of forcing physical fire types to use a special fire move or vice versa
>>
>>26996489
I misunderstood.
>>
File: pkm.png (572KB, 847x474px) Image search: [Google]
pkm.png
572KB, 847x474px
>>26995382
+
>>
>>26996637
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if these moves don't get tied to stats as we know it. its a lazy way to implement the moves without worrying about the p/s split.
>>
>>26996669
Yknow every time I see this I just assume it's a moves learned through leveling up list.
>>
>>26996662
It's okay.

>>26996782
In the middle of a battle, though?
>>
will this finally kill stall?
>>
This looks fuggen cool.
Fro a casual, AND competitive standpoint.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>26995382
Super strong move usable once per battle. sounds like wild mons are screwed and PP of other moves in now meaningless
>>
>>26997152
Them making the move only have one PP is a simple way of making it only usable once per battle instead of coding a little bit.
>>
>>26995382
They should've down this instead of Mega Evolution in the first place to be candid my familial relation. It's a neat gimmick that doesn't sound full retarded
>>
>>26997152
PP wouldn't be useless. Hell, even the Super Move may have PP, just only 1/1.
>>
>>26995382
I'm betting one for each type plus a status one.
>>
>>26998173
Nah, that wouldn't work. The move would benefit some more than others. Like for example, what if the Ice Type move works best for a Pokemon like Weavile? Then Pokemon like Abomasnow, Avalugg, and Glalie would suffer. They'd have to take into account how each Pokemon works in order to make the best use of the mechanic.
>>
>>26995382
I would love this.
>>
>>26995382
Thw pikachu one, ia fucking charge beam. Like fuck sake
>>
>>27004312
Ah, yes. Show a screenshot of Pikachu using Charge Beam in a section that purposefully hints at new features for the future. Makes total sense.
>>
>>27004712
Meant to reply to >>27004648
>>
File: tumblr_npmmfqHR2D1tq4of6o1_250.gif (756KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npmmfqHR2D1tq4of6o1_250.gif
756KB, 245x245px
>>27004648
>>
>Mega Evolution
>free legendaries
>now Super Moves

It's like every game after Gen 5 was designed to suck your dick and give you a head massage just for playing.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.