[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back to the roots?!?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
Why is nobody talking about this?
The canon names of the mc's are sun/moon. The last time the characters had names of the edition was gsc. Does that mean, we will probably go back to the roots?!

Also people on treehouse answered the question 'how many challenges you need to do to get champ' with the number 7
>>
There are no """""canon""""" names except Red. Fuck off with this bullshit.
>>
>>26987822
>Also people on treehouse answered the question 'how many challenges you need to do to get champ' with the number 7

what the fuck does this even mean
>>
>>26987833
If you consider Red canon then you also must consider Hilbert/Hilda canon.
>>
>>26987833
Piss poor bait my man, end yourself any time.
>>
>>26987833
What?

The only non canon name is Leaf
>>
>>26987853
>If you consider Red canon then you also must consider Hilbert/Hilda canon

No, because Hilbert and Hilda are other characters. They're not the player.
>>
I sure loved the X/Y protags, Xavier and Yvonne.
>>
>>26987862
nobody respond to this weak bait
>>
>>26987833
>names that are given by gamefreak are not canon

Are you an idiot?
>>
>>26987838
https://youtu.be/wHKM2lvy10c

Only seven gymns confirmed?!
>>
>>26987876
>I can't make an argument so I'll just say it's bait

>>26987877
Except Game Freak NEVER gave the player character a name except Red.
>>
>>26987909
>gamefreak never gave names
So why is there a default name of may and brendan, serena, kalem, dawn?! When they are your rivals? Same goes with blue/green
>>
>>26987822
Sora & Luna
>>
>>26987943
In the gameplay videos we saw, the girl was called moon and the boy was called sun
>>
>>26987930
Those names are not directly from the game dumbass. Red and Green are literally from the Game Title. That hasnt been done since the originals.
>>
>>26987833
>Gen V
>go to Multi Train
>partner's name is Hilda/Hilbert in B/W
>partner's name is Rosa/Nate in B2/W2
>unised PWT Trainers are named Hilda and Hilbert
>"Red is the only protagonist with canon name"
>>
>>26987909
Alright, say you aren't baiting.

Let's say you're playing ORAS and are playing as Brendan. The different gendered MC is set to their default name, in this case May.

Once again, end yourself any time.
>>
>>26987909
>I can't make an argument so I'll just say it's bait
Nah your argument is so fundamentally flawed and all you're doing is backpedaling, so a counter argument isn't even necessary.
>>
>>26987822
>Also people on treehouse answered the question 'how many challenges you need to do to get champ' with the number 7
>>26987838
>>26987903
The woman who said this more than likely just made an error in saying it.
>>
>>26987966
That's the rival. Not the player character. What, do you think the player's "canon" dad is also Birch and not Norman just because that's the rival's "canon" dad? It doesn't work that way.

>>26987967
>Nah your argument is so fundamentally flawed
Except it isn't.
>>
>>26987960
How are they NOT directly from the games? When you play as Brendan, the female character is named May. And vice versa. I bet Wally isn't a real fucking name either.
>>
>>26987960
>gen 3
>choosing male/female rival called may/brendan
>gen4
>same with lucian/dawn
>gen 5
See>>26987963

>red green only ones with names of edition
>forgeting about gold/silver
Well anon that is the reason why I made this thread. GF/Ohmori is going back to the roots with the characters at least. Look at the look of the male mc.
>>
>>26988010
So you're telling me Gen 3's main games were titled Pokemon Brendan and Pokemon May?
>>
>>26988024
Are you telling me those aren't the names given to the rivals in Gen 3?
>>
>>26988019
>implying Gen 1 and 2 aren't the originals
>even tho GF has stated Gen 1 and 2 have their own timeline
>>
>>26988024
Anon are you serious? Really? Are you really serious right now?!!
Look at my post before >>26988019

>>26987985
Let us hope that op, or they are ditching the gymn thing
>>
>>26988024
Yes I am.
>>
>>26987822
>The last time the characters had names of the edition was gsc
those are placeholder names just like in XY demo and early screenshots
>>
>>26988035
My argument is not that defualt names aren't a thing, rather that the defualt names haven't come from the game's titles since the first two gens
>>
>>26988047
Except RBG and GSC used them in the final product.
>>
>>26988053
Oh. Nevermind then.
>>
>>26988053
Your argument this entire time has been that no other playable characters were given names by gamefreak which is false
>>
>>26987957
In the gameplay videos we saw, the girl was called Yvonne and the boy was called Xavier
theyre placeholders
>>
>>26988074
>Except RBG and GSC used them in the final product.
technically only Red and Blue are mentioned as canon names in GSC
and in the treehouse gameplay you can see also Selene and Helio , those are all unofficial names like Xavier/Yvonne, Orlando and... the other thingi
>>
>>26988142
But this is from treehouse gameplay? And it is saying sun. Other gameplay trailer was moon.
Oh and you probably forgot world tournament of bw/2 there you could battle against red and blue/green
>>
File: selene.png (30KB, 1010x346px) Image search: [Google]
selene.png
30KB, 1010x346px
>>
>>26987822
The names Sun and Moon for the main characters are most likely place holder names like how they called the male player Orlando in all the promotional images and videos for ORAS, or Xavier for all the promotion for XY.
>>
>>26988192
Have you tried informing yourself before posting on this site?
>>
>>26988142
Xavier and Yvonne were much better names than Calem and Serena desu
>>
>>26988096
No. My argument is that Gamefreak never used the title as names. I literally stated it above.
>>
Who was the girl in the treehouse I fapped to her and am in love
>>
>>26991037
She's a translator who fought for the censoring of SMT#FE
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.