[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gotta catch e mall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: garbodor.png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
garbodor.png
1KB, 96x96px
I like most Pokémon, and I don't understand the whole "looks like an animal" or "overdesigned" meme.

I like Chimecho, Quagsire, Zorua, etc. because they feel like Pokemon you'd naturally see roaming through the wild.

I can't even think of any overdesigned Pokémon, I don't know what that means. I've seen Garchomp and Solgaleo's names thrown around, but you know what? Garchomp is a final evo, it's what you've put time and effort into evolving, it's exactly what I'd want to see out of a Pokemon that has sat on my team since the 3rd gym. Solgaleo is a legendary, it's an all encompassing Pokémon that signifies something, in this case the sun. It's a bright and vibrant design that I enjoy. Honestly, if anything, the Radiant Sun phase should be more of a disappointment for LOSING color.

"It's just a keychain", "it's just a garbage bag", "it's just a Pokeball", aren't my favorite Pokémon, I'll be honest. That's just because I don't use them. I think they're great designs because it really gives me the feeling that Pokémon have become such a close part of human lifestyle that they begin to imitate it. Every Pokémon game starts off with a speech telling us how Pokémon are friends, partners, massive portions of every person's life; it just makes sense to me that Pokémon found in and near cities resemble objects made by man because they live closely with humans, and that Pokémon that live within the dark recesses of caves begin to look like what they'd see there.

That's my bitch ass rant, now resume catching all 721 of the magnificent beasts.
>>
the people that bitch about design dont matter. theyll never influence the games development or sales or anything. theyre just idiots on the internet that have being saying the same buzzword nonsense about how pokemon should be for 20 years
who cares
>>
>>26987189
I don't quite get it, either. I just ignore the ones I don't like and move on. Every Pokemon deserves love from somebody. Just not gonna always be me though.
>>
File: 20160705_183051.png (401KB, 720x687px) Image search: [Google]
20160705_183051.png
401KB, 720x687px
>>26987189
The problem is the overall quality is going down gen by gen. Obviously every gen has good and bad designs but it's only a matter of time before the amount of bad Pokemon in a gen outnumber the good ones. You can see this already happening in gen 7.

The worst part is you will see people actively defending objectively bad designs like Tumblrfish and Sonichu. I think Alola will be the turning point of the franchise.
>>
>>26987189
>>>/co/mblr
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzI2NjAwNzE2.jpg (296KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzI2NjAwNzE2.jpg
296KB, 1200x1200px
>>26987359
Christ, this image gave me ebola
Well played.
>>
>>26987359
>it's only a matter of time before the amount of bad Pokemon in a gen outnumber the good ones.
It's not a matter of time. That's already happened with gen 3 and gen 4 and a lot of people who hate on gen 5 say most of the dex is shit.
>>
OP here. I do want to clarify that there are some Pokémon that I don't like. I enjoy all the starters and Legendaries from SuMo (even though Magarnea is literally Diance), I honestly hate the pink fish and the bug line. They're pretty bad. Other than those four, I like most of them
>>
File: needsmoarstripes.png (284KB, 1024x859px) Image search: [Google]
needsmoarstripes.png
284KB, 1024x859px
>>26987189
>I can't even think of any overdesigned Pokémon
the word is definitely thrown around far far too much, but pic related is the worst offender off the top of my head.
>>
>>26987842
I'd honestly disagree. It's Sharpedo with some extra triangles and spiky bits. It's a Mega evolution, not a regular Pokemon.
>>
>>26987359
Gen 2 had more bad Pokémon than good ones and it didn't kill the series.
>>
>>26988501
Depends on what you mean by shit.

There's a ton of designs that I like from Gen 2, there aren't that many I don't like

Stats,yes. Gen 2 was garbage. Lots of good pokemon went to waste.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.